December 22, 2014 | 1828 users online

Treatments - AMBI - Fade Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Cindy76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Honestly works. I was shocked. Works to fade my age spots on my face and drastically reduced my hyper pigmentation on my chin. I don't use the product every day. I only wear it at night probably 3x week at most and it was very effective. Will purchase product again. Doesn't sting or burn and does an amazing job of hydrating my skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by RustGospel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hate to bring the score on this product down but...there's just something in Ambi Fade Cream that my skin can't tolerate. Every time I try this, I get greasy, bumpy, and irritated skin.
When I first got this product, I was at the tail end of my year long acne battle and I don't think I realized that this was causing more harm than good. I used it religiously for months, mostly at night but sometimes during the day (with additional sunscreen over the top), in conjunction with other products that were meant to help lighten dark marks and alone. I've tried it only in spots and I've used a light layer of it over my entire face also. Needless to say, I never garnered any positive results from it.
I recently tried it again now that I'm all clear and I don't think I can keep putting this on my face. Even though I have the Oily Skin formulation and my skin is quite dry, this product is far, far too greasy for me. After using it my skin feels suffocated and mildly itchy. Every morning after I sleep with this on my face, I wake up with bumps. Dabbing it only in spots seems to elicit the same reaction. When I don't apply it, my skin is clear.
I'm giving this 2 rating only because it's pretty widely available, this price is good, and the packaging is appropriate. I most certainly wouldn't recommend this to people who are prone to irritation.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Anne184

I purchased this to help fade the ridiculous amount of freckles I have on my face, as well as a few dark spots on my chin that were left by pimples. I have been using it for 6 weeks, twice a day. So far, I only see very light improvement in my freckles and the dark spots on my chin remain the same. It has an unpleasant smell, but fades quickly. I will use this for another 3 weeks before giving up on it entirely.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2012 4:45:00 AM More reviews by leeooniee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Okay so I'm in australia and had to buy this product from ebay online and it ended up costing $17. Rather expensive, I know. Anyway, I've been using this cream on my VERY dark patches (i already have dark skin) due to excessive acne break outs for about three weeks and I've found that the product doesn't really sink into my skin and leaves an oily residue. I am yet to see results yet but i will continue using it. I've also found if you apply too much or use it more than twice daily I tend to break out in very small pimples, the kind that just stay there forever and are impossible to get rid of. I am kind of disappointed in this product as people have stated they got results quickly but I will keep using and give an update.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Keshey

I've been using this cream for about 2 weeks now because I have a lot of acne scars on my face and they are very visible due to my pale skin. I didn't think my scars were fading until I realized I can put much less concealer over my acne scars to fully cover them. For the past few months, I've been using lemon juice as a toner so I think the lemon juice toner + ambi fade cream are definitely helping with my scars. I use the cream as a spot treatment because I don't want to get any paler. Also, I read a few reviews that this product broke them out, but I did not experience this and I have acne-prone skin. If you have sensitive skin, I would suggest putting the cream on a small part of your skin to see how it reacts to the cream. I'm definitely going to continue using this for 2-3 more months and hopefully all my scars will be gone!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by LluviaCatMagic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After my pregnancy my skin was super sensitive and I started breaking out, the acne left dark spots on my skin. This product cleared up the discolorations on my skin in about a month. They are barely visible now. My face did seem to be getting too light so I started using it more like a spot treatment rather than all over like a lotion. The packaging wasn't too great due to the fact that its in a metal tube. I thought it made the cream have a strange metallic scent. Other than the crappy packaging this product was wonderful.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It made my acne scars disappear which thats a good thing but it also made my face two shades lighter than the rest of my body. I'm not a fan of products that contain hydroquinone so I won't purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Works and it is inexpensive. I have tried numerous products to help my melasma (side effect from pregnancy, then birth control and then being lazy with sunscreen) and this just works. Scent is ok. My issue is on my forehead (always has been) so I have no issues with breakouts or anything. It took a few weeks to see results but I am happy. The tube is metal-ish so after a while it tends to leak...otherwise this is an awesome product to lighten sunspots. Will buy again - in fact, I have.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first used this as a child to help fade marks left by mosquito bites. Twenty years later, I don't even remember where they were. Most recently I used this to fade a terrible dark acne scar between the bridge of my nose and lacrimal duct? Within two weeks of spot treatment, the mark was completely gone! I applied a thin layer all over my face then placed a thicker coat over top of the mark every night.

And now it's gone! I stopped using it because it had expired therefore the effectiveness has comedown a bit. Hopefully the new bottle will work. If not I'm afraid my skin may have gotten used to it.

*** PS - Make sure to wear a strong sunscreen and reapply if necessary. Otherwise your skin might become sensitive and burn easier. ***

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by iSMH1908

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROS: great price, works, light scent
CONS: not good for under makeup wear

Patience is KEY!! What many do not realize is that this is a FADE cream so it is meant for there to be a process to see maximum results. This is one of those "itís not for everybody" products but it does work! If you have the patience and use the product AS DIRECTED you will see results.
I began using this product after not being able to resist picking in my face during a really bad breakout. I waited until the breakout was over and I applied a small about to every problem area. I did not see results by week two but I continued to use the product (wanted to use it up). After week 4 there was a noticeable difference in the darkness of the spots. THEN I had another breakout due to stress. Instead of stopping my regimen, I included the current breakout spots into the spots I was already targeting. In the following week I noticed that my breakout spots were lighter than usual and after another month of use they are barely there!!
In all, my 4 months with this product have been rewarding!