October 2, 2014 | 1917 users online

Treatments - AMBI - Fade Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Keshey

I've been using this cream for about 2 weeks now because I have a lot of acne scars on my face and they are very visible due to my pale skin. I didn't think my scars were fading until I realized I can put much less concealer over my acne scars to fully cover them. For the past few months, I've been using lemon juice as a toner so I think the lemon juice toner + ambi fade cream are definitely helping with my scars. I use the cream as a spot treatment because I don't want to get any paler. Also, I read a few reviews that this product broke them out, but I did not experience this and I have acne-prone skin. If you have sensitive skin, I would suggest putting the cream on a small part of your skin to see how it reacts to the cream. I'm definitely going to continue using this for 2-3 more months and hopefully all my scars will be gone!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by LluviaCatMagic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After my pregnancy my skin was super sensitive and I started breaking out, the acne left dark spots on my skin. This product cleared up the discolorations on my skin in about a month. They are barely visible now. My face did seem to be getting too light so I started using it more like a spot treatment rather than all over like a lotion. The packaging wasn't too great due to the fact that its in a metal tube. I thought it made the cream have a strange metallic scent. Other than the crappy packaging this product was wonderful.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It made my acne scars disappear which thats a good thing but it also made my face two shades lighter than the rest of my body. I'm not a fan of products that contain hydroquinone so I won't purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Works and it is inexpensive. I have tried numerous products to help my melasma (side effect from pregnancy, then birth control and then being lazy with sunscreen) and this just works. Scent is ok. My issue is on my forehead (always has been) so I have no issues with breakouts or anything. It took a few weeks to see results but I am happy. The tube is metal-ish so after a while it tends to leak...otherwise this is an awesome product to lighten sunspots. Will buy again - in fact, I have.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first used this as a child to help fade marks left by mosquito bites. Twenty years later, I don't even remember where they were. Most recently I used this to fade a terrible dark acne scar between the bridge of my nose and lacrimal duct? Within two weeks of spot treatment, the mark was completely gone! I applied a thin layer all over my face then placed a thicker coat over top of the mark every night.

And now it's gone! I stopped using it because it had expired therefore the effectiveness has comedown a bit. Hopefully the new bottle will work. If not I'm afraid my skin may have gotten used to it.

*** PS - Make sure to wear a strong sunscreen and reapply if necessary. Otherwise your skin might become sensitive and burn easier. ***

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by iSMH1908

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROS: great price, works, light scent
CONS: not good for under makeup wear

Patience is KEY!! What many do not realize is that this is a FADE cream so it is meant for there to be a process to see maximum results. This is one of those "itís not for everybody" products but it does work! If you have the patience and use the product AS DIRECTED you will see results.
I began using this product after not being able to resist picking in my face during a really bad breakout. I waited until the breakout was over and I applied a small about to every problem area. I did not see results by week two but I continued to use the product (wanted to use it up). After week 4 there was a noticeable difference in the darkness of the spots. THEN I had another breakout due to stress. Instead of stopping my regimen, I included the current breakout spots into the spots I was already targeting. In the following week I noticed that my breakout spots were lighter than usual and after another month of use they are barely there!!
In all, my 4 months with this product have been rewarding!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2012 1:01:00 AM More reviews by ssbeauty93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this cream from tops for about $5! i had a huge dark line near my smile line! I used the ambi cream and in almost 2 weeks it was gone. I will say be careful how much and how often you use it because now i have a little light spot where the darkness used to be. It is not very noticeable. this cream is amazing I LOVE IT! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by intrigueme

This is not an overnight fix! It takes at least a month to see results. However, I am very happy with the results. I bought this from Walgreens for less than $10. I have only been using it at night on my age spots. It has been 6 weeks now and I am seeing an improvement. I have an age spot in the middle of my bottom lip that I hate! It says not to use it on your lips, but I have been putting a small amount on that spot at night and it is definitely fading (quicker than the spots on my face). I would definitely buy this again. However since I am only using such a small amount, the tube will probably last years!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by simplyexquisite

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product for about 7.99 at an Asian food place. Let me just say I've been getting acne since I was about 10 years old and I'm now 15 years old. I decided it was time to get rid of these dark spots on my cheeks, temples and forehead. I bought the Ambi Fade Cream for Oily Skin about 3-4 days ago and I'm drop dead pleased with the results. I feel a glow to my skin. I see and feel a significant change in my dark spots. I feel so much more confident. On top of this fade cream I'm using a fade soap also by Palmers.. Ambi also has it's own fade soap but I like Palmer better and *sigh I'm also using St. Ives Apricot exfoliate scrub. It's only been a few days and I'm so happy with the results. Now I can say this product doesn't work for everybody but give it a try. I recommend this product because I know how it feels to have tried everything on those bloody store shelves. I know what it feels like to be teased about these little imperfections but I've found a way to bring back my self esteem and Ambi and the other products I used have definitely helped me regain what I lost five years ago.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2012 2:09:00 AM More reviews by hello2belle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought this in Normal. I don't have oily skin so I never got break outs from this.

It succeeded in fading some scars however it caused mini CRATERS. Tiny dent around my scar area. This would be harder to get out than actual scars. Highly disappointed.