April 16, 2014 | 2069 users online

Treatments - AMBI - Fade Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by CiCiNellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been using this product for quite a while now and I haven't seen any significant results.. I wonder if its because I bought the Oily Skin treatment (All they had) when I should have bought Normal .. I'm gonna try something different

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2012 3:24:00 AM More reviews by adipose

My dermatologist recommended this product for fading acne scars and some discoloration around my mouth. So far, I've been diligently applying this stuff twice a day for a little over a month. No noticeable change. At all. In fact, a particularly stubborn acne scar on my forehead is still as dark and obtrusive as ever, even though I thought it would've faded naturally by now.
Also (and this may be a nitpick), I strongly dislike the packaging; it's very inconvenient for traveling because it gets squeezed easily and then, when I reopen it, the cap is filled with product.
Anyway, at the very least, I haven't experienced any adverse reactions to this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by luvnsurf

I bought this product because it was recommended on Oprah's website. I did not find it that powerful. I am not sure if it is because my sun spots are not "new" or that I live in Florida but either way, it did not fade them as I would like. I believe I am going to have to get a prescription from the dermatologist to try and fade them. If anyone has a good OTC recommendation, please let me know!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by iBain300

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product for $8 hoping to clear up old acne marks on my face & back. I've been using it for a month & a half now but am highly disappointed. I got the cream in Oily since I have oily skin. Ambi claims that you can wear this under makeup but that's FALSE. Besides my usual small amount of shine I was super oily with the makeup which completely defies makeup's purpose. Even going natural with the cream my face was unusually oily, so i dont feel like purchasing the product for oily skin made much of a difference, it actually made it worse. It only seemed to help with fresh marks fading it slightly but did absolutely nothing for my old marks. Overall the packaging & price are reasonable but this product was garbage... im going to try Nadinola.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by shadow1997

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this! I have some red acne marks over various parts of my face and I have noticed improvement. I've been using this product for about 2 weeks and can see the spots slowly disappearing. I will re-purchase and look into buying their other products

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Frenchmix

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I saw this advertised on Good Morning America, I think. The woman was saying how this really works to fade scars for cheap. I found it on amazon.com for only $3, total w/shipping $5!!! What a deal! I got the normal one. I have been using this for a month now and it is really working. I had some scratches, where my dog scratched me, all excited about going in the yard. These scratches were taking forever to heal, like 5 months. They are pretty much gone with this cream. I'm using it for a few more serious scars that I'm sick of looking at, one from trying to iron my top while wearing it..dumb. They are getting much lighter already. Will update at the full 3 month of using this. This smells really good too.

8~2013 - This stuff really does work but very slowly on some scars..I had some scars that were a few years old and it took about a year to fade with this. Def works

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by hypnotiiic001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Saved me. I bought the normal skin formula (it was all they had) and it's working very well for me. The price is awesome. It is a heavy formula so if you're acne prone like me I'd say it'd be your best bet to apply it with a q-tip lightly to the areas that need it.

I was mostly worried about that "mustache" discoloration BC can cause at times. It was bad. Others didn't seem to notice but it was taking a tole on my confidence so I gave this a try for $4.99. I figured I'd give it a try on some acne scarring on both cheeks while I used it with for my lip. It's working. (:

I've tried everything for my acne scars, nothing has worked as well or as fast as this stuff. I like the smell, others don't seem to. Even if you can't stand it, it's worth using it to get rid of discoloration for a few weeks. This product is changing my life as lame as that sounds.

I said I'd repurchase but I really don't think I'd need to. Such a huge bottle and I use so little. Try it! For $5 what do you have to loose? (: <3

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by tgdc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for one week, for facial razor burns , and I am very pleased with the results. The spots have decreased about 50%, and I have not had any complications. I use it 2x a day applying it to my freshly cleaned face.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Ashes83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this product worked for me, but i did not use as directed. first, i only put it directly on the spots, and did not rub into skin completely. i also only used at night, so i could wash off any oily residue in the morning. I DO NOT use a moisturizer on the spots where i use the fade cream and i give myself a few nights off here and there. it probably makes the spots fade slower, but this cream contains hydroquinone, which is a very strong chemical, even at only 2%. i notice that a lot of people in the reviews state that it made them break out, and the hydroquinone may be the case, especially if you broke out with cystic pimples. for those with sensitve skin, may i suggest skipping the chemicals, and spot treating with the juice of a fresh lemon? this takes longer, but it's natural and it works. Take Care of yourselves.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Nydie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok so I bought this product (Ambi fade creme for oily skin) convinced that it was not going to give me the results I desired, I bought it because it was cheap price $7.99 and I thought why not give it a try! Boy was I surprised, only 3 days later and I noticed a significant difference in the darkness of my acne marks. The acne spots were a result of picking my acne breakouts (due to the hormones from birth-control causing severe breakouts) that turned into very dark spots about 3mm wide. I was absolutely horrified when my face started looking like I had chicken pox.
It has not been a full week later and these spots are almost gone. I would definitely recommend this product for someone who does not have current acne situation because it does tend to oil your skin. I use very little amount and only on the spots that were very dark. In addition I continued to use my Stievamycin acne treatment at night after washing off the Ambi.