December 21, 2014 | 1828 users online

Eye Primer - LORAC - Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Megan0611

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have very oily eyelids and without primer my eyeshadow would smudge and slick in an hour. TFSI has been, and still is my HG eye primer but I got this one with my Lorac Pro palette so I gave it a shot. It was OK, it worked for me as bout the same as UDPP which would hold my eyeshadows for about 5 hours or so. I'll keep using it up for going out for a shorter period of time, but I won't buy it again because my eyeshadows never budged for at least 10 hours with TFSI. I also have minor issue with the packaging. It is a squeeze tube and all but instead of having a nuzzle, it has something more like a squeeze-tube lip gloss applicator. Most of the time I end up having little product left on the flat surface which is just not as sanitary as the nuzzle. The consistency is very smooth and never drying, about the same as TFSI but more of a silicon based. Much easier to smooth out than UDPP. I would definitely suggest trying it though because everyone's skin react differently. One of my friend swears by UDPP and TFSI never worked as good for her. Who knows.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Satinslipper

Really like the tube but the lip gloss type delivery of the product needs improvement. I have had this product for over a year daily and I am so happy with the results. The sides of the tube are cracking and now I have temporarily saran-wrapped the tube so I can continue every last drop of the fabulous product. It is perfect for my skin type as I have combination skin. It is creamy but dries almost instantly and mattifies the lids nicely in preparation for eye make-up application. It absorbs quickly too. My eye shadow/liner stays put all day long and it really is a non issue with this product.

Sephora Canada has stopped carrying this in its stores recently so I let the staff know how sad I was to learn this and I reluctantly grabbed UD eye primer. I was disapointed with the results and texture so I exchanged UD for Tarte's "Clean Slate" eye primer. But once I hit another Sephora in the US, I will definitely re-purchase Lorac's eye primer...it is my go-to primer!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Pinky137

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Initially I was extremely pleased with this primer, but my ardor has worn off considerably. I will continue to use my stash for very specific purposes, but my position right now is that I would not buy it again.

My previous eye primer favorite is TFSI, but I discontinued dailly use of that due to very mild milia. I didn't want to risk the milia getting worse. I bought this five months ago because 1) it's not reputed to cause milia, 2) its consistency is good for dry eyelids, which mine definitely are, and 2) I got three full-sized tubes for $30.

Initially, I thought it performed equal to TFSI. My shadows seemed bright, lasted all day, and didn't migrate or crease. Perhaps this was so because I started wearing this mid-December in a cold, dry area. The last couple of months I have noticed extensive creasing (more than any other primer I have ever used, including ELF $1 primer) and my shadows shift. I can't use this when applying heavier, darker, or more pigmented shadows that need a lot of blending because the primer base wears away completely. It performs best when I am using it for my daily look of minimal eyeshadow (along the lines of Mac Brulee + Wedge) and heavy lash. Even then I get creasing and shifting after a few hours, but it's okay enough. I have not had any milia, and I saw milia by the time I had used TFSI for five months.

I've done the same looks with Lorac one day and TFSI the next, and the colors are brighter and more clear with TFSI. TFSI has no creasing or shifting. This holds true regardless of whether it's a minimal look or a more complicated look. TFSI is simply a better primer for me except for the fact that it causes milia.

My compromise is that I use Lorac the majority of the time. I use it for my minimal daily look and slightly more complicated looks if I don't care that much how it looks or lasts (like I'm just going to work ). I use TFSI for times when I go out and for the truly complicated looks.

One tip I do have is to let it dry for much longer than you think you need to. It may be dry to the touch at five minutes, but it performs much better if I let it sit for fifteen minutes. It's a total pain to wait that long because my makeup routine is long enough, but I suck it up because I'm vain.

Also, I don't like the packaging that much. It's much better than the doe-foot primers, but I don't like this squeeze tube as much as TFSI's tube. TFSI has a snout and I amable to precisely measure out how much I needed. Lorac is a squeeze tube with a hole on a slant, like a lipgloss. For the life of me, I cannot get an accurate amount of product to come out. It's too much or too little, and then I squeeze more to get too much. I have to squeeze and push product out of it with a bit of force, which means my Lorac tube has cracked all along the side and is about to split. I still have 1/4 or 1/3 product left in there.

I will be on the lookout for a different primer suitable for my lids that doesn't cause milia. When I used TFSI, I loved having one primer that is good for any time and occasion, and that is what I hope to get.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by k1dub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about 2 months now and it's just okay. I adore the packaging - the squeeze tube applicator is fabulous since it's less germy than the typical doe foot eye primer applicator.

Once applied, the primer does a pretty good job of keeping my eyelids prepped. I don't have oily lids but like primer to make my color last all day and pop. However, I notice that every once in a while, I see a little streak of creasing. And my colors don't look any brighter with this primer. I adore my NARS eye primer and wanted to try something new but once this tube is done, I'll be going back to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 9:54:00 AM More reviews by aj21math

I have very oily eyelids, so no products work to prevent creasing- except this one! I've tried Too Faced and other similar priced brands, but they still crease. This primer is the only one that keeps my shadow crease-free and bright all day long. I will never switch now that I found "the one."

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by KatHoP

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like many others, I received a mini with my Pro palette and fell in love! I have oily lids and this makes eyeshadows last forever and blending is effortless. However, the real reason this is my new HG product is because of how it helps prevent my concealer from creasing! I notice such a big difference in how my concealer blends into my skin and almost no creasing. Definitely less creasing than with UDPP.

Will definitely purchase a full size when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by chinadoll13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Don't know what happend but this primer did not work on me. It creased by mid day and I don't have super oily eyelids. I have used other primers and they have never creased on me but this one did. I was very disappointed since I had such high hopes for it. Oh well......back to Nars I go.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by lovetoshop31

I LOVE this eye primer. I got a sample a while back and ended up buying the full size. A little goes a long way. With this I have zero fall out from my shadows and it really makes them last all day with no creasing. T hey also really pop when used with this primer. I am not a big primer person, but am stuck on this stuff! It glides on super easy.. I usually just use my beauty blender or fingertip.. so soft and easy to use. Would highly recom. this product to anyone wanting to try a new primer or looking for something that will make your shadows/makeup last.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by kaylapantz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never buy high end primers, but I got this in a Lorac set and decided to give it a try. The formula is so velvety smooth, smells nice, and brightens the eyes. I actually look forward to wearing it. I use L'oreal's infallible gel liner every day for a cat eye and this primer has helped it stay completely put. Eyeshadows look so much nicer too. You can even wear the primer alone because it looks so nice on its own. Its high end so it is pretty expensive but its SO worth the money, maybe even double it. You'll never have to buy another primer again. LORAC had done it again! <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by curlycuesue

I have puffy, sagging, heavy monolids, so every primer I've tried (Sephora, TFSI, Urban Decay, Nars) has resulted in some smudging (albeit less smudging than w/o a primer). Unfortunately, this LORAC primer also resulted in slight smudging underneath my lower lashline. The primer color is a beigey-nude and the texture is thin and creamy, but dries to smooth finish within seconds. I love that it comes in a tube; however, the opening is too big and I dislike the slanted, lipstick-esque applicator. I tightline w/ an eyeliner, and smudge it to look like eyeshadow, and this primer doesn't make blending difficult at all. As a matter of fact, the color looks more intense and uniform. Also, this primer keeps my lashes stay curled and sticking upward!! Totally unexpected but incredibly awesome! So even though I still get slight smudging below my lower lashline, b/c this primer keeps my lashes curled, I'll continue to use it.