July 28, 2014 | 2160 users online

Eye Primer - LORAC - Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by kaylapantz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never buy high end primers, but I got this in a Lorac set and decided to give it a try. The formula is so velvety smooth, smells nice, and brightens the eyes. I actually look forward to wearing it. I use L'oreal's infallible gel liner every day for a cat eye and this primer has helped it stay completely put. Eyeshadows look so much nicer too. You can even wear the primer alone because it looks so nice on its own. Its high end so it is pretty expensive but its SO worth the money, maybe even double it. You'll never have to buy another primer again. LORAC had done it again! <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by curlycuesue

I have puffy, sagging, heavy monolids, so every primer I've tried (Sephora, TFSI, Urban Decay, Nars) has resulted in some smudging (albeit less smudging than w/o a primer). Unfortunately, this LORAC primer also resulted in slight smudging underneath my lower lashline. The primer color is a beigey-nude and the texture is thin and creamy, but dries to smooth finish within seconds. I love that it comes in a tube; however, the opening is too big and I dislike the slanted, lipstick-esque applicator. I tightline w/ an eyeliner, and smudge it to look like eyeshadow, and this primer doesn't make blending difficult at all. As a matter of fact, the color looks more intense and uniform. Also, this primer keeps my lashes stay curled and sticking upward!! Totally unexpected but incredibly awesome! So even though I still get slight smudging below my lower lashline, b/c this primer keeps my lashes curled, I'll continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this with my PRO Palette and at first was sceptical because I SWEAR by Too Faced Shadow Insurance (and keep at least 1 backup at all times). First impressions were great - the formula seemed very similar to TFSI - its kind of wet but goes on smooth and dries into a nice finish. A little goes a long way, and you can control how much you squeeze out fairly easily.

Blending of eyeshadows is an absolute dream with the LORAC Eye Primer. I tried it with MAC, Urban Decay and LORAC eyeshadows and got the same effect for every brand. The fade into each eyeshadow I apply is absolutely seamless. As much as TFSI does the same thing for me, I liked the way it blended with LORAC Eye Primer more, and blending took half the time!

Now here's the kicker and what will make me buy full sizes of this from now on (sorry TFSI) - its staying power! I wore my eyeshadows for 16+ hours with this product and there was not even the slightest creasing. TFSI slows down the process for me but by 12 hours you can notice creasing and fading. LORAC made it look like I just applied my eyeshadow after working all day, taking a nap and going out that evening.

I am completely floored by this product and not sure why it isn't more popular. I can't comment on the price right now but the website is saying $27 and TFSI is $24. I'll pay the extra $3 for this product because its SO amazing. I can't wait to try this on my bride clients too. I will definitely repurchase and have back ups of this product at all times ...my new holy grail product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by kimmyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this e/s primer and have been using it for over a year (i'm almost out). I have tried UDPP, ELF mineral, MAC paint pots, and benefit's stay don't stray and Lorac is by far my favorite. I think it is hugely underrated. Behind the scenes is $21/.47 oz=$44.68, NARS smudge proof is $24/.26 oz=$92.31, UDPP is $20/.37=$54.05, meaning that compared to competitors' e/s primers, you get more bang for your buck with Lorac. I don't have oily lids, but use e/s almost every single day to help my e/s last longer and to give more depth to the pigmentation. This e/s primer helps my eye makeup last all day which is usually at least 9 hours and can go onto 12hrs+. I have not experienced any separation and have not needed to shake or massage the container. This is a no fuss e/s primer, it comes out white and dries invisible on my lids. I would highly recommend this to anyone and would not hesitate to buy my second tube :) Love this stuff.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by ariel2229

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the applicator of this primer it is kind fo like the squezze tubes of lip gloss so you can apply it straight to the lid.This is the best primer I have tryed so far. My eyeshadows have never even budges with this plus I have oily lids so that says alot. I first tryed the mini of this that came with my pro palette and fell in love after a couple of uses. But with my luck of course I lost it :( But on Black Friday they had deal of a full size of this plus a eyeshadow for only ten bucks! a definite deal. Cant wait for it to get here

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by SweetAgony

I also got this as part of a palette and tried it and loved it.It comes in a squeeze tube so it can be nice and clean. It glides on so very nicely on the lids. It apprears light skin tone base which scared me at first but then I found very nice when I applied the matte eyeshadows. It made the matte eyeshadow pop and gave life to the look. It stayed put for 12 hours. OMG im in love. From 11am to 11pm and it was just as vibrant and when I first put them on. even if i did rub my eye a few times the eyeshadows had great staying power and were very lovely that evening. Overall i love this product and i am a fan of lancome aquatique base but was tired of it drying out on me and I just found my new favorite eye shadow primer!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by LizaLou

I received this as a sample size when I purchased an eyeshadow pallet. It's awesome! No irritation, and my shadow seriously stays put. I have oily lids, so my makeup always tends to crease and disappear quickly. This makes it stay put all day/night long. I use a little even when just wearing liner, especially under the eye. Will definitely purchase the full size when I use up the sample, but a little seems to go a very long way so that may be a while!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 10:23:00 AM More reviews by xine_07

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

With eye primers for me I find that when I use one for a long time it stops performing. I was in the market to try something new and chose this based on MUA reviews.
For the record I have very oily eyelids that suck up eye makeup within an hour or two of application, so primer is a must for me.
I am really enjoying this primer! My shadows are lasting beyond an 8-hour work day with minimal creasing or loss of colour. It has caused no irritation or spots (I am a contact leas wearer). Very impressed!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2012 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Shakeyhound

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The primer did it's job well enough, nothing really amazing, just prevented creasing. Wouldn't buy again, but only because it seemed to irritate my contacts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been on the hunt for a gentle yet powerful eyelid primer since January of this year. Name a primer, I've tried it - NARS Smudge Proof (great formula but caused extreme milia), Too Faced Shadow Insurance (weak AND caused mild milia), Bare Escentuals Prime Time (overpriced and underwhelming), Urban Decay Primer Potion (nice but not quite powerful enough), MAC Paint Pots (decent but the colors wouldn't always play well with some of my eyeshadow shades and brands), etc etc etc. After 8 months of experimenting, nothing impressed me, until I tried Lorac Behind the Scenes.

About my eyelids: While the skin on the rest of my face is quite dry, my eyelids range from normal to occasionally oily; perhaps combination might be the best way to describe them. This strange phenomenon meant that I had to approach searching for an eyelid primer slightly differently than I approach looking for face primers, skincare, and foundations. It took me a while but I realized that by the end of the day, my lids will create small amounts of oil and cause creasing to even my most pigmented and long-lasting eyeshadows (even Chanel's Illusion D'Ombres, which contain a setting cream). However, my skin is INCREDIBLY sensitive, so I've needed a primer that is a one-two punch of delicate yet effective.

After three weeks of wearing Lorac's primer, I can safely say that Behind the Scenes fits the bill. The consistency of the product is creamy, almost a bit moisturizing, and I think it evens out the texture of my lids. It just feels plain good to gently work a little of it into my eyelid area and let it sit for a good 10 - 15 seconds. The color of BtS goes on almost clear, but it adds just a tiny hint of opacity; it evens out the color of my lids, in addition to the texture. I think on "no makeup" makeup days, I could add a little bit of this product to my lids for a subtle bit of emphasis without eyeshadow, and it would look fantastic!

I have never found a primer that's this easy to work with. My eyeshadows glide on top; I have no problem whatsoever with blending, and the colors stay true to pan shade. I am a graduate student and counseling intern, so I need my makeup to last a good 8 - 12 hours some days. At the end of a hectic day, my eyeshadow still looks as good as it did in the morning; pigmented, creaseless, and pretty. I highly recommend purchasing this product, particularly if you have sensitive skin.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No