July 29, 2014 | 1738 users online

Lash Treatments - Careprost (Generic Brand Latisse)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Crownroyalchinelo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing my lashes are darker and longer, I did my belief the rave reviews but to the plunge as I can't stand falsies, I decided to try this....love love love, can't stop staring at my lashes ;) I bout mine from Amazon but couldn't find it there the last time I checked soo bout 3 more from www.kliqit.co.uk

Just an update, I'm now also using this on my brows and hairline ;) can't wait to see them fill in as I'm loving the results soo far.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by brendamayer

In the beginning, I was very hesitant to use Careprost due to the possible side effects. I have light brown eyes and was afraid that they would be discolored. I have been using Careprost for 1 year now and my eye color is still the same. I was told by the company i buy mine from that the product is know to be harmless if accidentally put a drop in the eye as it is originally a generic of Lumigan which is used for glaucoma patients which lengthening and thickening of the eyelashes were the side effects. I love the results of Careprost and I'm very satisfied and happy to find a company in US called lifetime lashes who responds so quickly to all my inquiries specially I am from Ontario Canada and had a hard time looking for a legit company outside my country.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by ellamonc

I used to use Latisse for about a year before my friend told me that it is stupid to pay full price and go to doctor every time you need refill. I could not believe how much money I saved. I used to pay $100 for Latisse and $20 for doctor, so one Latisse bottle was $120 for me. I liked results very much, I needed to grow my eyelashes and eyebrows so bad! eyelashes were falling out, eyebrows had bold spots, I was in a huge need of something to work and Latisse did it, it delivered. I was afraid that Careprost will not work the same as Latisse because it was not purchased from doctor, but I got it in USA not in India, so I felt they would not sell me something that doesn't work and also, it will only take 3-5 days to get it instead of whatever it takes from overseas. I got it with amazon checkout, beautiful-eyelashes-and-more. hostedbywebstore.com ( this is in case someone has the same problem as me, because if my friend wouldn't tell me where to get in USA, I would be ordering in India)
So I now absolutely convinced that Careprost works EXACTLY THE SAME AS LATISSE. I used it for 6-7 months, paid less, had it delivered in a mail and my eyelashes and eyebrows kept filling up. I got curled eyelashes and long ones now, but the most important thing for me was that it stopped falling and all bold spaces are now filled up with eyelashes. When eyelashes were falling I was ready to cry. Used to screw up my day...
Anyways, for anyone interested - I didn't notice any difference between LATISSE and CAREPROST.
I would be still using Careprost if I wouldn't get Fysiko to try from this company, they sent me a sample after 6 months of careprost purchase and I found that Fysiko works a little better than Carerost - more moisturizing and less irritating, but the main thing for me - comes in a container like eyeliner, so no dropping into cap, no separate brush, just get 6 months supply in one tube. The only thing - I wish they would make smaller size and charge less for it because to spend $140 at once is a little unsettling for me...
Anyways, if you are using Latisse right now, you are wasting your money, get Careprost or fysiko

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by LizelM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was a user of Latisse for a year before I heard about Careprost. This product has become a part of my life since the time I started using it. I get compliment everywhere I go if my eyelashes are fake due to it's healthy length and thickness. I never really had any issues since I started using it except that it made my upper eyelid a little pinkish. But that's fine because I used eyeshadow anyway. I hear some people are trying to use it on their lower eyelid, please avoid that as it would make your lower eyelid darker. Since Careprost is generic of Lumigan which is formulated for glaucoma patients, if you accidentally put a drop or two in your eyes, it was told to cause no harm. So Careprost is safe if you have no eye issues, if you do, you have to ask your doctor first. I used to buy mine from ADC (all day chemist) but due to credit card fraud that has been numerously reported on reviews I got scared so I found a company locally and started ordering from them, it's called lifetime lashes. You can also find an eyelid brush from other companies but I think they cost about $1. The company I buy it from includes some applicators so that eliminates the hassle of looking for a brush. All you need is a drop for each eyelid. Make sure you wash your brush with anti-bacterial soap every after use, and keep it in a clean area. My 3ml bottle of Careprost lasts about 2 months. Over all, I'm very very happy with the results! It's one of the best breakthrough I've ever encountered in my life!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by ak2376

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE -

Almost @ 10 weeks on Careprost. Lashes are definitely longer, especially outer lashes are almost freakishly long. The only annoying thing is a few new lashes came in STRAIGHT. I now have to use a hot eyelash curler but it's still kind of annoying to curl those difficult outer lashes....Pleased w/ the results, but not as amazingly impressive as I had hoped... notice some improvement in curl, no improvement in volume. Also using on my brows... happy w/ results on brows. Brows are definitely darker. New hairs have grown in which I haven't seen in YEARS... still seeing some hyperpigmentation (like faded eyeliner on eyelids) and slight undereye darkness (I now use a concealer there, never needed to before, but it's worth it for the longer brows and lashes IMO).

Just reached the 6-week mark on Careprost and seeing results. I'm using on both my brows and upper eyelashes. I first started seeing slight results about week 5. I use nightly and quite generously (about 2 drops total is MORE than plenty for both brows and eyelashes). I use a thin eyeliner brush and this seems to waste quite a bit of the fluid. I recommend using the least absorbent/tiniest brush you can find to not waste product. You only need a TINY BIT. I had some very slight side effects the first few weeks (minimal redness, no itching, no discoloration). My eyelids have darkened slightly but it's barely noticeable. It looks like very faint, faded eyeliner. If you wear any eye makeup you won't notice it. Also perhaps some SLIGHTLY darker under-eye circle but again, barely noticeable. I've been most impressed with the growth in my brows. Hairs have sprouted where they NEVER grew before. Since they are new, they aren't shaped very well and they came in darker which is fine. I first noticed growth on my very outer eyelashes, they are now freakishly long and came in stick-straight which is kind of annoying. I can't wait to see my lashes and brows at 16 weeks. I have been using this product generously for 6 weeks and still have 1/2 a bottle left.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by wintertragedyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for approximately 2 years now and I have to say, it is one beauty item I will NEEEEVER be without! Does everything Lastisse claims it will do (for less than 1/3 the price): has made my eyelashes thicker and longer. It has also made them slightly curl on the ends, which I love. =)

I do have to say though, I did get a hyperpigmentation line where I apply this. To me, it looks like dark brown eyeliner though, so I dont mind, haha. Other than that, no side effects. Supposedly if I stop using it, the line will go away, but it doesnt bother me and certainly wont make me stop using the product.

Originally I was purchasing Careprost from ADC but had an unfortunate credit card issue with them (stolen, luckily my issuer denied the charges!) So I would be weary of purchasing from them again. Now I purchase mine from growlovelylashes.net -- they have great service, and I always receive my bottles super fast.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been using Careprost for 3 months. I should disclose that I naturally have very long eyelashes. However, they are sparse because they shed quickly (think of how many hairs you shed on your head - eyelashes shed even more easily, especially when you remove makeup every day). I wasn't about to shell out $100+ for Latisse when I don't even know if it'd work, so Careprost sounded appealing. It was worth a shot.

The first couple weeks I used Careprost, my eyes were watering nonstop and very red and itchy. But for some crazy reason, I was determined to make it work. Oh, the things we do for vanity these days.

It wasn't until a good month of using it each night before bed (and almost reaching the end of the bottle), that I noticed results. The thing is, I don't know whether Careprost actually caused my lashes to grow more abundantly, or if they just made my naturally occurring lashes stronger and less likely to fall out. It's up for speculation, but either way, they did appear fuller and more abundant. However, Careprost did not affect the length of each individual lash. Those grow out how they please. So yes, it does work. But don't expect camel lashes if you don't naturally have long, thick lashes (don't feel self-conscious about that...us long-lashed girls also unfortunately tend to be very hairy in general so there's a catch-22 with everything). And you have to be dedicated. Results are not going to happen over night, and vary from person to person. Some people might not experience results at all.

Be aware that this is not a one-time treatment that will grant you luscious lashes forever. You must continue using this to upkeep the lashes. I stopped for two weeks, and immediately after there were gaps in my lashes again.

Other tips for lash maintenance: be very gentle when removing eye makeup. If you can live without mascara and eye MU for a while (I can't), then even better. I also recommend investing in a good lash curler. I use Shiseido's curler and carefully curl each section. After applying mascara, I use Panasonic heated lash curler to really make those babies stick up.

UPDATE 7/20/14: It's been over a year now, and I'm still using Careprost. I don't need mascara anymore, and people keep asking if my lashes are real. Just a warning though, the skin along the waterline where the Careprost inevitably touches is now pigmented. It's turning purple. Kinda looks like I'm wearing watered down faint eyeliner. lol I read that was one of the side effects. Doesn't bother me, because it's not too noticeable. But some of you might want to be careful about that. Also, I have gone from using this every night to every other night, and that seems to be fine. I even skipped a week of this once, and I didn't have any more fallout than usual. I am now ordering mine from MyLashes4Less, although I previously ordered from Unitedpharmacies and Alldaychemist and never had problems with them either. In the year that I've been using this, I've had no adverse reactions. Gawd, I just hope I don't go blind in another 5 years.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by lovelyKk

After a horrible eyelash extension job left me with no eyelashes at all I started using Latisse. Needless to say it was getting to be an expensive habit. When I heard about carprost I figured it would be worth giving it a shot. Well, I am so happy I did!! My eyelashes are still so long and so thick! This works just as well as Latisse, and is one fourth the cost. Just make sure you are purchasing from a reputable place. I do not use the brush applicator that comes with the bottles though because it is very stiff and sort of hurts. I purchased a liquid eyeliner brush and use that instead.

Update: After six months of using this product the results started to fade completely. Switched back to latisse and my lashes are long and lush once again lol

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by crazedbubble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My first ever review on Makeupally. First off Iím a dude who works in spa and loves everything science and beauty. Before using this product I was using prioriís lash recovery system which did work but not as well as this. Only after a few days of using careprost continually did i see new lashes sprouting all over. My eyelashes are getting fuller and longer by the day. The only problem with this product is that you have to be extremely careful not to get it too close to your eye because it will cause eye irritation. The first two nights i put it way too close to my lash line and my tear ducts were itching like crazy. Im much better at applying the product now to minimize irritation but even so I would continue to use this product because it does work (irritation and all). Would recommend if youíre looking to grow your lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by AnnaTonio

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would definitely buy careprost again. I get it from online pharmacy and it worked really well for me. No discoloration, no irritation, no redness or iris color change... The only thing is that even when I use small very thin brush, it still drops too much into the cap. So I do waste a lot of product, after i have too much in the cap i start applying it on lower lashes, eyebrows, double applying, etc... I also recently purchased Fysiko serum I really like and it has a tube and applicator with very thin brush, so there is no waste. I feel it works as good or better than careprost. But I still would buy careprost because it is cheaper. Fysiko is $140 for 8 ml and careprost I can get for $39 per 3 ml bottle, which makes like $120 for 9 ml... One is natural - another is drug, one wastes product , another doesn't, i guess it is hard choice... About IRIS change I think you should really OVERUSE it to get iris color change, like literally dropping right into the eye...