MAC Mineralize Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate 2.50% Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Isohexadecane, Dextrin Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Triethylhexanoin, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract\Beta Vulgaris\Extrait De Racine De Betterave, Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait De Levure, Lysine, PEG-15/Lauryl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearoyl Inulin, Magnesium Chloride, Octyldodecyl PCA, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Zinc Chloride, Isododecane, Potassium Chloride, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)]

I (gratefully) have quite clear skin, don't suffer from breakouts very often, and certainly don't need heavy coverage makeup. I usually just use a bit of pressed powder and occasionally concealer and that is enough for me. I found myself running out of my usual MAC MSF Natural right around Autumn and wanted something different. I decided on getting a lightweight foundation instead this time, mainly because I was hoping to get some dual-action out of my makeup and wanted something moisturizing, which clearly powders can't do. After a bit of research, I decided on this product.

I quite like it! It does exactly what I wanted it to, really. It covers my red cheeks (my main 'problem area' so to speak) but is still sheer enough to not look at all cakey, blends flawlessly (possibly my favorite feature of it, it seriously goes on effortlessly. One or two swipes of my fingers and it disappears), has a nice creamy texture and doesn't break me out or dry out my skin.

I apply it with my fingertips and it blends BEAUTIFULLY. I've never used a product that blends this well, honestly. One or two little buffs into the skin and it's invisible, leaving behind more even skin but otherwise no trace of product. No visible cakeyness, shininess or that awful flakiness/hair enhancing that some foundations seem to do. The effect is really lovely. It's not matte or dewy, but quite a natural finish.

I really, really like the texture of this stuff. It's buttery and sort of gel-like, but unfortunately this also makes the product deplete somewhat quickly. Two light finger-swipes for each my forehead, both cheeks, chin and nose is all I use every day, I've used it approximately 15 times this way and already a good chunk of the product is gone. Perhaps this is actually quite a good amount of time for a product to last, I probably have 3/4ths left, but I'm not all that experienced with foundations so I don't know what is normal lasting time to compare this to. Just felt worth mentioning!

It also doesn't really last all that well through the day, which is the reason I'm not giving this 5 stars. It blends so well into the skin it's hard to even notice it there 5 minutes after applying let alone 10+ hours, but when I take my makeup off at night I see very little foundation on the towel, so that's what I'm going by. This has led me to start powdering it after applying, which basically negates my entire reason for getting it.

All-in-all, I do like it, but it isn't without its faults. I have honestly never been more impressed with the results of a foundation; the effect and coverage it gives my skin is gorgeous. It isn't long wearing, though, which is quite a downer. If you are looking for a very subtle, natural looking makeup that will essentially smooth out your complexion, blend like a dream and moisturize your skin, look no further. If you want medium-full coverage and long wear, this certainly isn't the product for you.

Pros:
1)I love the finish of this foundation it gives a nice dewy look.
2)It blends really well.
3)Covers redness really well.
Cons:
1)Its rubs of easly.
2)Hits pan fast.
3)Not worth the money 4 10g
4)Does cause a few zits uuuhhhhh.

My shade is NC25:) This foundation is medium coverage/buildable!!

at first i lovedd<3 this foundation. i used it for like four months but by the time i was on my third compact, it started looking really nasty, heavy and greasy on my face AND made me breakout, which never happens to me. Will NEVER buy this shit again. and you have to use aloot to get decent coverage.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I'm very picky about the foundation I use so when I say that I love this foundation that means its got to be good. I have oily skin that only breaks out maybe once a month. I got this in NW25 and I thought it might be too dark for me but after applying it and blending it with my foundation brush I found that it truly is a perfect match for my skin. It doesn't make my skin break out at all and it washes off easily. It doesn't feel greasy on my skin either. With a little bit of loose powder it makes my skin look great. I will definitely buy this again.

Im a MAC lover all the way, but I HATE this foundation!!! I was so excited to try it out and I was extremley disappointed. I found that it gave zero coverage and left my skin feeling too greasy. Ive given it a few tries but I still hate it. I cant beleive that Mac has made such a wishy washy product. Im a makeup artist, so i decided to give it a try on a few clients. Each time I had to put something else on over top. So I think this practically unused foundation will be joining some empty glosses and going "back to Mac"

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this foundation and have been using it for about 2 years. Im a NW20 and it matches my skin almost perfectly - it's almost too pink but the NC20 is too yellow. If i really wanted to I could buy the NW20 and NC20 and mix them together. I use the 180 brush for application and pat the brush to my skin to avoid streaks. I do have acne prone skin and this does not break me out. It def adds a pretty glow to my face. The only reason I gave this a four rating is because it tends to rub off very easy. I do have very oily skin so it tends to "melts" off my face after a few hours but that's to be expected - i just blot and touch it up. I am going to try the pro longwear and hope that stays on my face better.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have used this for a year and i do like it. I have not had problems where its cakey so thats good. I do have aging spots so i find that i have no use concealer to cover them as this is a light to medium coverage. I have used this with the sponge and my Mac 187 brush both work well for me i suggest you try before you buy though as its not cheap.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is my favorite foundation. I have tried probably 50-75 foundations in this past year (yay for swapping! and makeup counters) in search of my HG foundation, and this is pretty darn close. Why?
-easy to apply. I use a Beauty Blender, and it is easy, doesn't get on my fingers, blends so well
-finish is so natural. the formula does not feel like it smothers my face, it feels light yet is opaque enough to provide some coverage. it is like a tinted moisturizer in the form of a cream foundation.
-good color match. I am NW10-15, so this is a tad on the dark side, but it blends into my skin well because of the formula. Also, it is not that opaque, so the tone is more forgiving.
-photographs well.
-does not get oily on my T zone until about 12+ hours of wear, and does not emphasize my dry patches. I do find I need to moisturize and exfoliate my skin well in between uses, and I do use a primer (MAC Neutralize Prep and Prime).
Very pleased at this product for every day use. If you are looking for heavy coverage for those days you are really broken out or something that will last through a sweaty night in the club, this is not it. But this makes for a great every day foundation, especially if you have a decent MAC shade match. the tones in this foundation are very forgiving.
PS - although we all know we should wash our face every night to remove make up, after long days and late nights, we also all face the temptation not to do so. This foundation MUST be washed off. It WILL break you out if you do not. I have had no break out issues from just every day wear, but every time I have slept in it (bad habit), sure enough, 2-3 pimples.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really did like this, which is why I am giving it a 4, but unfortunately, it broke me out after a few days of use. : ( I liked this foundation because It had nice coverage, melted into my skin, gave a dewy finish (although I am somewhat oily, I don't like to look matte) and had pretty good staying power considering it is supposed to be for drier skins. I told them silicone ingredients in primers breaks me out, and they checked the ingredients and said none were present, but when I looked at the box there was a 'cone about halfway down -- far enough I thought maybe it would not break me out. I bought a Sonia Kaschuk brush at Target that was a flat head all purpose, similar to the 130 mentioned in reviews to apply and I would recommend using that. I had never tried a MAC foundation, and the SA said I could be either a NC20 or a NW20. I tend to have more pink in my skin, but I like a neutral foundation -- too yellow looks bad on me. I picked the NW20 because the NC washed me out a little by cancelling out the pink in my skin. The SA also tried the Matchmaster in 1.5 for comparison. When I returned this, the SA gave me a sample to try. I will see if I have better luck with that, as it has gotten good reviews here. On a good note, I have been using the brush to apply liquid foundation, and I think it works great at buffing in color -- regular foundation brushes always seem to give me a streaky look.

I have combination skin, so I get dry patches and I was really looking for something that wasn't going to make me look flaky. The girl at the counter recommended this. At first I wasn't crazy about it because it looked shiny and kind of streaky, but the color matched me nicely and I figured when it got less humid and my skin stopped being oily in places it would really look great. I purchased it, went home and showered, and when I reapplied it I loved it! I realized then the girl must have been new, because she literally slathered my face with their moisturizer before immediately applying it. Gave it no time to sink in or anything, and in Tennessee weather it just made the foundation slide around my face. Anyways, for now I am just applying it with the sponge it comes with and it works fine. (Sorry, I am not shelling out $40 for a brush. I will make due with the sponge until I find a cheaper alternative.) The foundation is medium coverage, though I'm sure you could build it up to full. It covered my redness really well and looks natural. It kind of feels greasy at first, then sticky, then it dries. I set it with the powder and buff it out with a kabuki brush and it looks really good. My only gripe is that the guy that worked there grabbed me an NW20 instead of an NC20...uhhh... kinda a big difference on someone as pale as me. Other than that I would definitely repurchase!

EDIT!- had to throw it away within a month of use. My entire face broke out. And it seems like the more I wore it the worse the coverage was. It was very splotchy. Will not repurchase.