Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 8/13/2014 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Love this foundation. It was my favourite before I discovered Maybelline Fit Me. I use the colour 51 light vanilla, but I do think it's bit too yellow for me. Still can work with it, but that's the reason I've switched to Maybelline Fit Me. I still use Bourjois Healthy Mix on days my skin is drier and/or has obvious dry patches. This foundation doesn't care about obvious dry patches. It will glide right over them.

I'd say it's a perfect foundation for people with dry skin and it's also great for people with normal skin. The foundation gives your skin a dewy finish and because of that I'm not sure whether people with oily skin wil love it as much, but you'll have to see for yourself. It gave me full coverage, but I have very few blemishes so I find it hard to tell if a foundation is medium or full coverage.

on 8/9/2014 2:47:00 PM

I absolutely love love love this foundation. Everything about it works for me- the colour, texture and finish are all beautiful. This is my HG drugstore foundation.

Colour: I have a really weird skin tone , like majorly pale but with quite yellow undertones so for a drugstore foundation to match this without making me look salmon coloured or grey is an extreme rarity for me. I switch between shades 51 and 52 depending on the time of year, and sometimes mix them together and it never makes me look orange or washed out. Doesn't oxidise visibly either which is good.

Smell wise, this has a nice fragrance- it is fruity without being chemical, so I don't mind the smell, which isn't irritating to my skin either.

Finish/coverage: I have hyperpigmentation from acne on my cheeks and chin but this covers it nicely without looking cakey or heavy at all. I don't normally even need to use a concealer with this as the coverage is excellent, for a medium coverage foundation. I'm not a fan of full coverage but I do like buildability with a foundation, which this definitely has. Finish is dewy, quite silky. I also like that this doesn't break me out at all, with having acne prone skin.

Price: Normally pay around 13 euro online for a bottle- which in my opinion is totally justified for the quality of this foundation. I would be prepared to pay more.

Lasting power: This is the only criticism with this foundation. After around 4-5 hours I generally need a little touch up, especially in the warmer months. After wearing for 8 hours it can turn a little patchy from sweating but I don't mind spending 5 mins touching it up when it is my HG drugstore foundation.

Bought this foundation yesterday finally after wanting to buy it for ages but I've never had the discipline to part with the money or risk possibly buying a foundation that for whatever reason I wasn't happy with. In Australia the full price is $32 but I was lucky enough to get it on sale at Priceline for $24.

I can happily say I am thoroughly impressed and happy with this foundation! I used to have oily skin, but I am currently on acne medication which dries out my skin and so I have been eager to try some more 'dewy' foundations. For a while now Arbonne Foundation in soft blush has been my holy grail foundation as I find most foundations are never the right shade but this one is just perfect. This foundation (healthy mix) is a great doupe for this, possibly a little bit less matte but honestly extremely similar. The smell of it is really nice too. I did find I had to use a little more on my face but that was probably because i have a couple of break outs on my face atm. My shade is 52 - Vanilla.

Would definitely recommend trying this foundation out. For someone that is EXTREMELY unblessed with foundations this one was great and really reasonably priced for the quality.

Here is my first impression review video on the Bourjois Radiance Reveal Healthy Mix Foundation:

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I personally think the foundation is great! The coverage is amazing, and it covers up most imperfections! Its buildable so if you want a light coverage you can get a light coverage, and if you want a very heavy coverage you can get that heavy coverage! The only thing that I don't like about this foundation is that it doesn't work well with oily skin! I feel like it slips of my face and if I catch my face I will have a mark where the makeup has come off which isn't good! I also feel that with this foundation I need to powder it all the time which results in my face looking cakey! Overall the coverage is flawless and I would recommend this to people who don't have oioy skin!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Better than MAC! My HG foundation. Flawless coverage with a dewy finish. Will be very sad when discontinued.

on 7/9/2014 10:45:00 PM

I have dry skin with yellow undertones and the color beige Clair worked so perfectly for me. This foundation is a must have for me in the winter and I won't use anything but! For summer it's a little bit too slippery on my face. However, I do love love love this foundation. This scent is so nice, the coverage is build able and it leaves me looking Dewey and healthy. Anytime I wear this I get compliments on my skin saying I look radiant! I got it off Asos for 13 bucks and I'd pay double for it, thank you Bourjois!!

I'm glad I found a DS foundation that actually matches my pale skin, which is surprisingly uncommon. I LOVE that this comes in a bottle with a pump because you can control how much you use and it's sanitary. The finish is kinda satin, and it's medium coverage for me. I have oily skin and this doesn't slide right off like a lot of DS foundations do, so thumbs up.

on 7/9/2014 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is literally my HG! I've been searching for the perfect foundation in a looong time, and it has been diffucult to find a perfect macth, but now i found it! Normally I only use high end products when it comes to foundation, but I decided to try this, and I'm absolutley in love. The product is amazing on my dry skin, and it's sooo cheap. I think it would be too dewy to oily skin, but i think normal to dry skin would love this one.

It blends in perfectley with my skin, and it doesn't even look like I'm wearing foundation, even though it can be build up to a full coverage. It stays on the whole day, and doesn't smugde or goes into fine lines or dry patches. It is healthy flawless skin a bottle! This is a water based foundation, so either hands or brushes would be the best way to apply this foundation.

Give it a try!

on 7/9/2014 2:12:00 AM

I typically don't go for a full coverage foundation but I fell in love with this. It doesn't break me out- a huge plus as I only wear foundation if I have hormonal blemishes and foundations typically exacerbate the issue. A thin layer is all that is needed and it blends nicely. It never highlights dry patches or spots. The color is a tiny bit yellow for my skin tone, but it is not obvious, especially in Summer. The dewey finish is amazing. I appreciate that it has a pump and that the scent is pleasant. Overall I am happy with this product and will probably stick with it for a while.

Video Reviews & Tutorials