December 22, 2014 | 1713 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Rosahelen

At first when I tried this foundation I hated it, I found it extremely dewy and water based. However I stuck to it and grew to love it I will repurchase this the price is good and it is a nice alternative to mac in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by strawberryandmint

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this foundation is close to perfect! I use it every day and it doesnt dry out my skin. it has an amazing fruity smell. nobody even notices I have foundation on because it blends so well! it lasts perfectly for 7-8 hours. (shade 52)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by aliceburgessxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very pale skin, and find it difficult finding shades to match my skin tone at low prices. I usually wear mac NC15 concealer as a foundation, as I find that it's the only product that matches my skin tone! But it is quite expensive so I went into boots, yet again searching for a pale foundation (which is so hard). I have never owned any Bourjois products, and never really looked at the section in boots, as I am usually led by the crowd to L'oreal, or Maybelline and again, the lightest shade made my skin like orange and patchy. I picked up this product in a hurry. I got home and was surprised, it is the best foundation I have every used. It matches my skin perfectly, it lasts all day. Perfect for a dewy look, although I wouldn't recommend it for oily skin as it will slide off, but for dry skin it is a life saver. Caused no break outs, has lasted a month so far with lots more to go. I will be repurchasing as I find that it is better than most high end brand foundations, such as Urban Decay, Mac or Bare Minerals. It is cheap, fruity smelling, great coverage, great match, and my holy grail foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Chocoholic2486

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

In my view, this foundation is proof that you don't have to spend a lot of money on a product that works very well. The coverage of this foundation is good, its smooth consistency makes the foundation easy to apply and blend and it's long lasting. It's also buildable and looks rather (not completely) natural. The pump dispenses an adequate amount of product. The foundation has a nice smell - it doesn't smell like chemicals. It's got somewhat of a fruity/flowery scent. What I absolutely love about this foundation is that it doesn't clog up my pores. I've got really sensitive skin that has reacted to several high-end foundations. I just wish that there were darker colours in the range so that others can also try this foundation out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 3:39:00 AM More reviews by AgelessCookie

Until recently, I've only been using mineral foundation because my skin is very sensitive and I hated that heavy, clogging feeling of liquid foundation. Then, by some miracle, I discovered this particular Bourjois foundation. I decided to buy it after extensive research and reviews and, lo and behold, I fell in love with it. I wear the shade #53 in Light Beige. For reference, my shade for Nars Sheer Glow would be Punjab. I've applied it using my hands and a stippling brush, preferring the latter only because I don't like getting my fingers dirty. Both methods work well because the foundation is so easy to apply and blend, melts right into the skin.

I use less than a full pump and it gives the loveliest glow (almost dewy) and feels like I'm not really wearing anything on my face, but it still gives a good amount of coverage - light to medium depending on how much you use. However, it's not very kind to flakey skin. It will excentuate dry patches, but if you moisturize well, it shouldn't be a problem. It lasts me all day right up until I workout in the evening. It still holds well, but, honestly, I don't expect any foundation to last through a super sweaty workout.

As I mentioned earlier, my face is quite sensitive and it did get a little itchy the first few days of wearing the foundtation, but my face got used to it and is now very happy with it. My face feels soft and smooth after I take it off at night. I expect it's got something to do with all those fruit extracts in it. I've been eyeing the serum gel version lately after reading reviews that it feels even lighter than this one. I shall be getting my hands on that one very soon!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by mzcitizen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wanted to love this foundation as it glides on easily was a great colour match and was somewhat sold by the "healthy" in the title. Unfortunately within an hour or two of wearing this my face is just one big shine. I like dewy, I like fresh but this really is just horribly overly shiny. I think shine can look pretty harsh and ageing. So this is one I will not repurchase. My skin is not oily it's combination and I also used a light non oily moisturiser as base which made no difference.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2014 9:33:00 AM More reviews by etc85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great foundation! Long lasting, nice medium coverage (in my opinion).
It has a nice fresh smell

The lack of colour range is the only downfall for this product - i can just fit into the palest shade however it is a tiny bit too warm and tiny tiny bit darker than my skin - but still looks great with the right application and powder

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by derilax

I knew this foundation from my mom for about 4 years ago, and i started using it 2 years ago and i'm still in love with this foundation. It'll gives you a nice satin finish to the skin and i don't have any problem with breakouts or anything! The only problem was my face is getting oily after 3 hours and i have to blot my face with powder! Oh, and it matches perfectly with the healthy balance matte compact powder if you have oily or combination skin :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by evilshrub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a big Bourjois fan, and so I had to get this foundation. It's especially good for flash photography as it contains no flashback-producing ingredients. I just wore it as a bridesmaid to a wedding on the weekend, combined with the Healthy Mix concealer, and I didn't wear any powder over - I look awesome in the photos! It evened out my skin enough to look natural, and I used the concealer under the eyes and on blemishes. It's medium coverage, and a little goes a long way.

I would wear this foundation again, but only if I know I'm going to be photographed. Otherwise, I will continue using Revlon Colorstay foundation. There are three reasons:

1. Colorstay has better longevity.
2. Healthy Mix doesn't contain SPF, so it doesn't protect my skin from the sun as much as Colorstay does.
3. Healthy Mix foundation contains alcohol! Alcohol is known to damage skin cells, and alcohol isn't that far down in the ingredient list on this foundation. Colorstay contains no alcohol, so I'd much rather wear something that I can feel safe wearing day-to-day. Because of this, if you would like to wear Healthy Mix foundation for photo shoots, I would recommend putting a primer on first so that there's as much of a barrier between your skin and the product as possible.

I would buy this product again if I needed to, but considering I will only wear it on special occasions, it's going to last a very long time.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Dej

Blugh I have tried to use this twice since there are lots of good ratings on it but it makes me look dead. Weird pastey texture and doesn't spread that well on my skin. I tried to like it as it is supposed to be good for your skin but I had to wash it off right away. I am a picky peter with my foundations though I must add. I usually love Bourjois products but will not try another one of their foundations.