Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle 05

4.3

on 5/11/2011 9:23:00 AM

Totally gorgeous flattering color - almost my nature lip color, but a bit more enhanced. Has staying power. Love it. Would have given it 5 lippies, but I really don't like the fragrance.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is by far my favorite lipstick of all time. I used to work in a cosmetic department, I've tried them all. Time and time again, I came back to this color. It is an elegant, soft but pigmented, pink-brown rose. I have seen it on many different types of people; it can show up too coral or too pink if your natural lip color is very pigmented. You can always use a lip primer under it if you fall in love with the color in the tube. Mademoiselle is a perfect name for this lipstick. It is hydrating and lasts long. I have nude lips, and this color goes on beautifully. It complements my pink porcelain complexion. It is also very versatile- I can wear this daytime and evening. If I were Kate Middleton, I would've worn this at my Royal Wedding ;)

on 4/12/2011 7:22:00 PM

This is a good lipstick for when you don't want to think too much about your makeup. Looks good with other colors and tones, but also nice on it's own with minimal makeup.

I'm fairly pale, and this formula is creamy with good coverage, not sheer at all, so it does show up on me and has a definite, "I'm wearing lipstick" look. This is a warm pink with hints of coral and brown.

Purchased in Canada, so it was over $40 and though I do like the fomula and color, this is not special enough for that price. Even with lovely packaging and "Chanel click"!

on 3/29/2011 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This lipstick is almost the exact same color as my natural lips, maybe a half shade darker. I am seeing it as having sort of coral-pink tones on everyone else, but on me it looks like a muted, dusty pink. I do like it but I normally go for more red than this. I will keep it because I feel that the lipstick itself is really nice, creamy, has awesome staying power, and I can see myself wearing it for days when I am dressing down or perhaps when I am feeling like doing a nude/natural look.

on 3/28/2011 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

im giving perfect score for this because it is a lovely color for a natural look!

on 3/26/2011 3:18:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I like, but don't love, Mademoiselle. I have a hard time describing the shade because it seems to change every time I wear it. Is it pink? Is it rose? Is it coral? Some days it appears coral pink, while other days it's more rosy. I like it applied with a lip brush for a more natural looking MLBB. If I want a brighter coral, I apply it straight out of the tube. Some days I feel like it's too bright and thus not as versatile, which is why I can't give it the full 5/5 rating. I agree with other reviewers who say it looks best after it's worn off a bit. For reference, I consider the following to be MLBB colors: MAC Subculture lip liner, Kinda Sexy lipstick (pro), NARS Chihuahua lip gloss, Burt's Bees tinted lip balm in Hibiscus.

on 3/11/2011 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For reference Im nc 30 and a B40 in chanel VA. I have really pigmented lips so its hard for me to find a lipstick that looks true to color for me. This coco rouge looks pretty red on me when I first apply and very dark. However, once the color starts wearing off a little bit, which is about 3 hours later, the color is absolutely gorgeous. I think this formula is not as moisturizing as the allure but its still nice and creamy. It lasting power is pretty decent too. Takes about 4-5 hours before I have to reapply it. I would definitely recommend this to someone with paler lips.

on 3/9/2011 1:15:00 PM

This is a wonderful lipstick - long wearing. The color is changeable.
I can use a more peachy lipliner and the lipstick takes on a more peachy, coppery look. If I use a rose lipliner, the lipstick looks rosy. If I use a beige lipliner, the lipliner looks more neutral. Great color.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Love the color, finish and feel. Great lipstick. However, it can feel very drying at times so I can only give it two stars.

on 2/13/2011 12:32:00 PM

This is possibly the best lipstick i have ever tried and purchased and i adore this product. I find it hard to find lipstick shades that suit me very well but this one is perfect for me and it seems to suit most people as well which is good. The colour stays impeccable which makes it stand out from other lipsticks. I think this lipstick is a very classy, sophisticated shade which is perfect for going out in the evening.
This lipstick has excellent staying power and looks very elegant. When applied with lipliner its a dream!
Strongly recommended this product!

Popular Lipsticks