Essie Tart Deco

2.9

on 7/31/2012 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is such a soft colour and I really enjoy it. Its subtle peach and orange shade that is great for summer. Its a cute colour and the consistency is great. Covers in two coats, great polish

on 7/24/2012 9:24:00 PM

I am a die hard Essie fan, but I will admit that a lot of their polishes are gummy and don't want to dry right. This one however dries hard as a rock, and in a relatively short amount of time for nail polish. It only took two coats for full coverage and the color is a trendy pastel peach/coral. I am completely in love with this shade.

on 7/23/2012 6:42:00 AM

I've bought the polish on ebay for about 8 , the colors seemed more pinky coral but it's a bright salmon. I like it but it's too "pastel" I prefer more sheer polishes. It takes 2-3 coats to be perfect and bright, love it on my toes not on my fingers. I've found the perfect coral in Catrice Primp my Shrimp cheaper and great color too.

on 7/21/2012 1:20:00 PM

This was the first Essie bottle I ever purchased, which was on a whim since I was a pretty faithful Sally Hansen user. I work in retail, so in using my hands a lot, my polish usually doesn't withstand, but the Essie does great in lasting a lot longer than the SH did. The color looks great with my pseudo-pale hands (lol) and I found that if I start applying from the tip of my nail down to the cuticle, it doesn't streak as much, and if I do a light coat, let dry fully and continue with a second to third coat, it shows up really well.

on 7/10/2012 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I understand all of the negative reviews on this product, but I don't share the same opinion.

Yes, the formula is streaky. It took me 3 coats for it to finally look acceptable. However, once it was on, you couldn't tell it was streaky at all!

Yes, the color comes out differently than in the bottle. I bought it because I wanted BL's Trout Pout, but don't have access to it around here. I went into Walgreens looking for something similar and this caught my eye. In the bottle, it looks like a nice coral color. However, it is a bit brighter on the nails. I wouldn't say neon, but the color salmon comes to mind. Honestly, it looks lovely with my skin tone and is probably my favorite color right now for summer. I'm sort of glad that it looks a little bit different than the bottle, because I like the end result much better.

on 7/1/2012 1:09:00 AM

I'm quite surprised by the negative reviews on this polish! I would say that it does look a bit different in the bottle- I was expecting more of a pink-orange pastel. On my nails it's what I would call a bright salmon, and I love it! The consistency is thin, but that's how I like it. I found it more opaque than some of my other Essie polishes, and definitely not more streaky than a decent top coat could fix. Overall I'm really quite happy with it!

on 6/16/2012 3:44:00 PM

Tart deco from Essie is coral colored. I like the color, even its a little neon. The consistency is a little a thin, and you need 2 layers to cober the nail

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Ugh. I love this color when I see it in swatches online but hate it on me. It's a bright pastel with a lot of white in it and it's really unflattering on both my hands and my feet. I love oranges and corals but this particular shade is singularly unattractive next to my skin. It's also really bright - not a soft pastel... and in fact, now that I've read the review below comparing it to the fluorescent orange of macaroni & cheese powder, she's spot on. It's on my toes and that's exactly what I see.

I guess I don't need to say much more about the formula except to chime in and say that it's an hot mess.

on 6/4/2012 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this because the color looks wonderful with my fair skin. I have a few Essie colors and they are okay.... Streaky? Yes. But the colors are lovely and Tart Deco was no exception. I had to apply 3 coats (I try to make them as thin as possible to avoid chips) but even waiting 15 minutes between each coat, it pulled and was sticky on the brush. I suppose next time I am tempted by an Essie polish, I should just keep my $8 in my wallet and save money, time, and frustration.

on 5/23/2012 2:40:00 PM

grossssssssss color on me. looks like i dipped my finger in a highlighter. very cheap looking. and the formula is runny and takes forever to dry. dont recommend!!

Top Rated Essie Products