December 19, 2014 | 885 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Studio Mineral Infused Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by nxcw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a similarly priced replacement for Maybelline's Full n Soft since it's not available in Canada, and I think I found it! I really ordered this on a whim but I was pleasantly surprised. I tested it by wearing it while doing housework (working up a sweat) and it lasted pretty well: a couple dots on my lower lids but nothing like raccoon eyes. The brush is really nice and doesn't clump. One coat was enough for a natural look, and you can build up from there. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by paranoiaa

I LOVE this mascara. I love the shape and flexibility of the wand; it allows for all my lashes to be coated without clumping and is not so big that it would touch my lids and leave black dots (which is a problem I have with many other mascaras). I'm on my second tube and the brush is a little different from the first that I've tried (more tapered and slightly curved), but to be honest both tubes work equally well.
Now the best part about this mascara is that it does NOT smudge, at all. I go to work in the morning with this mascara on and ten hours later, there are still no smudges to be found under my eyes. This is impressive, considering that it is not marketed as a waterproof mascara. In fact, it beats all the waterproof mascaras that I have tried! It is super easy to remove as well, which is a plus.
For those who think that the mascara is too light to make a big difference to their lashes, here's a tip: Apply one coat of the mascara to your lashes first. Let dry, and then apply another coat. This allows for a more dramatic effect, and since it does not dry to a crisp on your lashes, the additional coat will not result in a spidery-lash look!
In all, for the price, this mascara is truly HG-material. Moreover, the ELF website often have sales/discounts, which makes the mascara even more affordable. Hope ELF will never stop making this!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Yamiek

i HATE this mascara. I bought this because i had read so many good reviews and i really had good expectations for this mascara. This made my lashes look awful. I curl my lashes before i use any mascara and with this one after i put it on it made my lashes look like i hadnt curled them at all and the mascara would wear off after about 2-3 hours of wearing it. I give it 2 stars because this mascara didnt clump on my lashes at all. If you want more of a natural look then this would most likely be good for you but it sucks for me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara. It's perfect for me. It's cheap and works well. I tend to lean towards the more natural and less wet foundation formulas. It's been a long road of trial and error and I really like this one. It separates and lengthens like a dream. Clumps are minimal and my lashes hold a curl!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by insidiousraven

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really liked this mascara. The brush wasn't too big or too small, and it never pulled clumps out of the bottle. The product lasted on my eyelashes all day, but didn't feel like it was stuck on when I washed it off.

I would buy this again, it is just as good as any other drugstore brand I've used.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by SherlockedinsidetheTardis

This is one of my favorite mascaras. It isn't supposed to be super dramatic or anything, because I get a lively fan-like effect from it. It's very natural looking, and it doesn't irritate my eyes like Maybelline's does. Thumbs up.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 7:02:00 AM More reviews by manitoban3

Was really pleasantly surprised by this product. Goes on nice, good brush, good consistency. Nice definition to the lashes along with decent thickening and length. It is very black as well and it holds a curl no problem. Best of all, this stuff lasts forever. Doesn't budge even a tiny bit off my lashes, even if I (accidentally) sleep in it overnight. Zero flaking, zero smudging and no clumping either. Also, it is odorless (some mascaras have a strange smell.) As I said, very pleasantly surprised from a 3 dollar mascara. I also use it before I apply false lashes and it works great for that too (though have not applied it directly to the falsies.) Will definitely repurchase this one. Might even be hg for me! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by lauraruth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

In New zealand, E.L.F is very very hard to buy, and in the whole south island I found/ heard of ONE shop which sells the mineral line only.
this mascara cost me $12, and i am frankly, very dissapointed. it dosn't clump, and I am not sure If It is just my eyelashes but it was just so light and did almost nothing compaired to my maybeline collosal. so next time, I think I will say no thanks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by brownsugarncutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent mascara! I highly recommend this product. Absolutely no clumping and enhances the look of my lashes without looking unnatural. Will repurchase again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by j0j0

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for a mascara that packs a punch when it comes to thickening and/or lengthening, then this isn't it. However, it does provide a nice "natural" look when you're looking for minimal. It darkens nicely, separates lashes and doesn't clump, and I haven't experienced any irritation or smudging while using this. The brush is similar to the Cover Girl Lash Blast mascaras, in that it's got rubber bristles. Some people don't like that, but I do. The brush isn't as huge, either. It's quite a bit skinner and maybe a tad longer than the CGLB brush. Don't know if I'll re-purchase this, but I'll definitely use up the tube I have now for those days when I want a little something, but not too made-up.