Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro - Steel Grey

4.5

on 11/30/2010 11:28:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really did enjoy this nail polish. Normally I'm not a nail girl but this new line of colors is changing my mind. I love how their colors are more matte than the other polishes which have all those sparkles and etc. I liked steel gray although my only disappointment was that it seemed more of a muted purple than gray. I also loved the wide flat brush, what an awesome idea! I now want to get the gold, rose, and navy blue polish in the future.

on 11/27/2010 6:49:00 PM

I love the colour and the formula is really long wearing. It was mentioned that the polish peals off in sheets? I have not had this problem at all. Make sure that before you apply polish you wipe nail polish remover over your nails to remove any oils that an affect how the polish sticks. then make sure to use base coat.

I did not find the formula to watery.

The brush is superb! It allows for a smooth and flawless application.

on 11/19/2010 7:27:00 AM

Like countless others, I saw Lady Gaga's Vanity Fair cover and fell in love with the greigy look. After pursuing the boards and later my local Walmart, I settled on Steel Grey. I really like the grey but brown but slightly purple shades and this looked like a good bet. I was so excited to try it on, but my excitement soon turned to frustration. I found that application was a nightmare. This is *very* watery and it was difficult to get a clean coat on. Then I found that the color is overwhelmingly purple-there really isn't much grey to it at all. Finally, it peeled off in sheets in no time flat. If you enjoy being able to pick and peel off your polish, you'll love this. I don't understand how this received such high marks in the MUA community...for me it's one big fail.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Looks exactly like Metro Chic but a lot cheaper and easier to get ahold of. I bought mine at WalMart. The only thing I don't like is how small the brush is, but I guess I'm just used to OPI.

on 11/10/2010 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Wow! Am I pleasantly surprised by this nail polish! I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that I am unable to hunt OPI's "You Don't Know Jacques".....
However, this weekend while shopping I spotted this Rimmel color. Now--I am NOT a fan of Rimmel MU. But..when I saw this color I just could not resist--it reminded me a lot of "YDKJ".

I am lovin' this color. A lot! The brush is one of those flat, wide ones--perfectly for a nail klutz such as myself! For the price--you cannot go wrong. Will be purchasing more!

on 11/6/2010 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This nailpolish is really cheap and found at any drugstore. The colour is an amazing, unique, nice medium grey colour. Perfect for fall! The nailpolish brush itself is literally flat and very easy to paint with. It is very opaque where one coat will do the job but for best results use two. The lasting power is amazing on this nailpolish I would even say its a little longer lasting then OPI. Very durable polish and doesnt chip. Mine with using a basecoat and no topcoat lasted 8 days with 1 minor chip. Great unique colour great brush & great lasting power! Only downside is the packaging isnt that nice looking in my opinion but that is personal preferance.

on 11/5/2010 6:05:00 PM

AMAZING COLOUR!! I thought it would be too grey since I do wear the colour grey a lot but it also has a bit of a brown tint to it. It is a colour that goes with everything without being too noticeable. Also, the brush is great. Instead of taking a couple of strokes to do one nail you only need to do one or two so that saves time. LOVE IT.

on 11/1/2010 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

i just purchased this polish the other day and put it on earlier today.. i love the color! it is perfect for this time of year -- definitely a great color for late fall and winter. before i put it on i read the reviews on here and felt slightly hesitant about the brush but decided to try it out anyway. i love the brush! i'm not sure if it's just the shape of my nails or something, but i was able to have way more control. i'm right handed so normally when i paint my right hand i have a lot of trouble and make a huge mess, but i didn't have that problem at all with this brush.

wonderful stuff....i love this grey color...its perfect in just 2 coats...i have this same nail polish is all colors!!! It lasts days and days! maybe not 10 days but 5-6 days...love the great pro brush, for easy application! This is my new favorite nail polish brand! I have replaced all my OPI colors with comperable rimmel colors! LOVE IT!

on 10/26/2010 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Color:
This is a really good color. Its a taupe with a purple undertone, which is what makes it pretty to me. I don't like brown nail polishes usually but the cool gray purple undertone of this makes this wearable to me. In looks different depending on the lighting, it sometime looks more brown n sometimes more purple. It is a cream finish w/ no shimmer.
Application:
The applicator is amazing!! Its this big flat brush I was scared to use at first but it makes application so easy and fast. The wideness decreases the strokes you need which cuts on streaking and the flatness really lays the polish down for an even, not too thick coat. I also enjoy the packaging, which is a substantial glass cube that looks more expensive than it is.
Wear:
The wear of this polish is the only aspect that doesn't quite shine for me. I had two coats of this on my fingers topped by a coat to seche vite and for tree does, no chip and minimal tip wear from doing the dishes and using my hands quite a bit everyday. But on the fourth day, it chipped on one nail...so its not so good considering that I had a pretty decent top coat on. Took off 1 lippie for that.

Overall, still a great deal considering the amazing color, application and price! It was around three bucks at walmart. I would repurchase despite the not very great wear.

Popular Polishes