October 23, 2014 | 2199 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #130 Short Duo Fibre Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by smdaigle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this brush to use in addition to my MAC 187 stipling brush. I've had the 187 for about 4 months and after I got the hang of it, loved the way it evenly applies my foundation but it doesn't do a good job around my nose and under my eyes. I was really glad to see MAC had a smaller and slightly more compact stipling brush. I've been using the 130 (with the 187!) for a couple of weeks now and it's exactly what I wanted.

Like all MAC brushes the quality is very good and though I doubt I'll need to buy another I would.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Rubiez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this in a swap, so I didn't lose money on it, but I'm not too happy about it.

I used it for foundation as suggested and I used it with Smashbox HD, Benefit Some Kind-a-Gorgeous, and bb creams, they ALL applied streaky.

I can't use it for powder because it's too small, so I ended up using it for contouring, which works quite well.

Anyway, I love stippling brushes so I like to collect them xD but this brush isn't a good brush for foundation at all. Only powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 5:38:00 AM More reviews by muffingrl

I love this brush. It is such a great multi-tasker! I use this mostly for cream cheek products. I have a very small face so most brushes are too large to use, especially when it comes to the cheek area. I actually use a 109 for my blush and I find that a bit too large. Given that, the 130 is a godsend for my small cheeks! I mostly use it to apply cream blushes and very pigmented blushes. I also use this to apply a sheer layer of cheek highlighter. Sometimes, I use this to stipple concealer on larger patches of acne on my forehead and the redness around my nose. In a pinch, I can even use this as a foundation brush if all my other foundation brushes are unavailable. Overall, this is a great brush and I would buy it again if I ever needed to.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 7:59:00 AM More reviews by Brookewannabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So I was in mac looking at this tempted to buy it just on its cute smallness to the 180 stippling brush which i used for my foundation, but didnt buy..
i went back to mac and spoke to the MA and she raved she used and garrenteed if i used it id swap my stiplling brush to this for applying foundation she said it applies better as it can get in those places big brushs cant eg: round the nose and eye area plus she said it makes the foundation sink in more. i said id take it she had sold me on it, It is pricey but I had been given some money by my partner so i thought go for it lets see if shes right!

And yes! I love it! When I first used it i thought hmm its gonna take ages to apply unlike the bigger stippling brush but I just started in small sections and to be honest it didnt really take long and i knew i was covering every little area of my face.

It looked flawless and well covered. she was right I am hooked on applying my foundation with this,
If you like to take the time to get your face flawless then buy this brush!
I also use it to do concealer too.

The reason I give a 4 star and not a 5 is the few times ive used it I think i may have used more foundation with it than the other brush but Its worth that extra pump of foundation for that great look!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by metdiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was skeptical when I purchased the130 brush for my foundation. I had used the 190 for a long time. I have been unhappy with the look that brush gave for a long time as well. So a change was in order. I was not sure how it would work since the 130 has such a small surface space. I used the brush like a mineral buffing brush. IT WAS PERFECT! I have not been this happy with an application of foundation in so long! I heard the clouds part and angles singing as the beam of sunlight came down upon me! Give this brush a try ladies. The 190 will be the brush of the past! lol!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 10:48:00 AM More reviews by chipsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my absolute FAVOURITE brush. I use it for liquid or crème foundations only because I have found that it doesn't work nearly half as well with any other medium.

My technique is to apply my foundation using my regular foundation brush (Mac 190, or No 7 foundation brush - which is just as good as the 190, by the way) and then use the 130 to stipple the product into my skin using a sort of poking action (Can't think of another way do describe it! Poke the bristles into your face!) This gives the foundation a more skin-like texture and gets rid of any streaks.

If you have tried everything else with this brush but not this technique, please give it a go! You may find afterwards that you have a new found love for it!

If I ever needed to replace this brush, I would buy a new one without a doubt.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by chuugle

I had never even heard of or seen this brush until this past weekend. I was at the MAC counter with my sister and one of the makeup artists had a flawless makeup application. We asked her how she achieved her look and she said it was due to this 130 brush which for some reason is never out on the counter so not very many people know about it. She said it's her favorite makeup brush. I was kinda hesitant b/c it costs $40 but I was sold after seeing her use this to apply foundation on my sister. It creates an airbrushed effect like other reviewers have said. It covers most flaws with a light application that uses very little product. I dispensed one drop of foundation and after covering my whole face, I still had half of the foundation left! So this brush will save you money in the long run b/c it uses so little foundation.

When I first washed the brush, I noticed some shedding. The next day when I used the brush on my face, I think about 10 black hairs came out. The second day, a couple more hairs came out. I took it back to the store and exchanged it for another one. Although this second brush still sheds a little, it's better than the original one I bought. Even though the price is steep and it sheds, I'm still going to keep the brush b/c the application is so awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by defendergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought the MAC 130 brush about 6 months ago and had it sitting in my makeup stash all that time. I finally pulled it out to apply my new Maybelline Fit 355 foundation. OMG, flawless application! The method I used was to dot the foundation on my forehead, cheek, nose, chin and under eyes. Then I blended it out in a swirly motion all over. I finished with loose setting powder using another basic powder brush. The look was perfect. Highly recommend the MAC 130 brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by annellelazatin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I was skeptical about buying yet another foundation brush (I already have the MAC187 and 190) but because it was recommended for the Mineralize cream foundation, I finally gave in. Here's what I thought about it:
PROS:
- makes it easy to build up coverage from medium to heavy
- perfect for putting concealer under the eyes (i use cinema secrets)
- dense enough to control where you apply foundation (a problem with the 187)
- gives an airbrushed finish (I use it with MUFE HD fondation)
CONS:
- not the best for mineralize foundation (go figure! it puts on way too much product in my opinion. I'll stick to the beauty blender for that)
- small size makes it time consuming to stipple on foundation (10mins vs 2minutes with the beauty blender or MAC187)

I'd repurchase if I lost mine just because it's my concealer's best friend.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by RekaJohn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this brush. Yes it is small but dont let its size fool you. This is a very good brush for foundation, concealer, and tinted moisturizer. Duo fiber brushes are amazing for liquid products. I was so used to using my mac 187 which did a good job, but as a mac brush collecter i had to try this out since people compare it to the 187 and the 109 having a baby. Its very dense so you can reallly blend and buff product in your skin as well as hard to reach areas. The fibers are very soft and will make your makeup application simple, easy, and FLAWLESS get it NOW!!!