April 23, 2014 | 1452 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Orgasm Illuminator

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by somethingnovel

I find that this just looks like shimmer on me. This is nice, I suppose, but its a bit expensive for shimmer. I was expecting something like the orgasm blush and it is very different, just glittery. I rarely use it. Its nice on occasion but not worth it for me. The tube packaging is nice, I don't see many highlighters/shimmers like that.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by maggiejeanjones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My friend told me how much she loved this and that I absolutely had to buy this. The $29 price tag made me hold off on purchasing for awhile. I scored this in a value set from Sephora (which also included Deep Throat blush, deep throat lip gloss, and eye shadow pencil in Aigle Noir). Well I'm glad I got this as part of a value set, because it's definately not worth $29! The consistency is very runny. I tried mixing with liquid foundation, I really didn't look like I was "glowing" and appeared slightly orange (I'm an NW20-which could be the culprit). My skin is oily, and I found that this illuminator just made my skin WAY greasier. I'll stick with NARS powder highlighter in Albatross or Clinque loose Gentle Light powder for that "glowing" effect.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by aly303

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is very sheer and I honestly cant tell the collor difference between any of the colors once they're on. It makes my makeup application take longer in the morning and you can barley tell its there. its very natural and in my opinion, its not worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this product for free as a gift with purchase.

I was a little confused since I thought this would be a more traditional highlighter, but it really just brings out a little bit of a 'natural' glow to your skin that's very subtle. I have mixed it in with my NARS sheer glow foundation for a sun kissed, natural glow for my skin. I have also dabbed it on my cheeks before or after putting on blush just to bring out that natural glow to my skin. It's also really nice to use on shoulders, chest, legs for summer days.

I wouldn't repurchase just because it's not really something I 'need' in my make up stash. But if I was to get it for free again I would definately use it all up since it is something nice, but not necessary to have in my make up bag. I like it for days when I want that natural, no make look for a peachy glow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really good product for those who can afford it. lol. I got a sample from my sephora and when I tried it on, it was really sheer on my wrists. It had minute shimmer to it that orgasm has. On my cheeks, it just illuminates my face. It makes me seem wide awake with a hint of glowy-ness that I love! I am oily, but this stays put. Layer this on and put orgasm blush on top and it stays on for most of the day! yey! i might just purchase a bottle of this one day. But the sample the sa gave me was a good amount and you really dont need much at all! Oh yeah, I use the mac 190 for this. I tried this today by mixing it with my sunblock. Amazing! It gently makes your face look brightened! Glow-y! Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by xleahcarx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this deluxe size in a gift set from Sephora. I didn't really think this did anything but give a bit of shimmer but when I wore it I got a lot of compliments saying that I looked glowing and happy and what I did differently with my makeup because it looks really pretty. So, yay!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by lexxa83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample of this from Sephora and consider this product to be just mediocre. It does give you a little shimmer and highlighting effect, but not really enough to warrant an entirely separate product and exrea step in your makeup routine. I have tried it as an all-over highligher with no makeup, I looked essentially the same although at least it blended well. I have also tapped it along my cheekbones as a highlighter over my makeup with barely noticeable results. It was fun to try, but totally not worth it for the price associated with purchasing a whole tube.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by songy67

Like many others, I got a generous sample of this from Sephora. It has a beautiful, creamy consistency that melts into your skin without any tacky feeling. The peachy-bronze tint doesn't really show up once you blend it in, instead you're only left with a very fine shimmer/ sheen that isn't at all frosty. (It reminds me of the same high-quality, micro-shimmer that Dior Amber Diamond imparts). I will definitely be using this up, but I wouldn't repurchase because I'm just not a fan of shimmer. Instead, my HG highlighter is a BB Cream called Hanskin Glossy Magic. It's cheaper ($14 for 30ml) and has skin-loving ingredients, oil control, and the glow I get from it is so much nicer than anything else I've tried. There is no visible shimmer AT ALL, just an iridescent gleam, kind of like Smashbox's Artificial Light, except with a heavier consistency and more opalescence... Oops, sorry this turned into a different review altogether... hehe.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got a large sample size of this from Sephora. I rarely use highlighters since I am over 45 and most of them are too frosty. The SA applied this on me and I'm glad he did or I would have been using it wrong. Don't rub in; just tap it onto your skin with fingertips. I use this to highlight my cheekbones and under the brows, and I really like it for that purpose. It is quite subtle. I'm very fair and warm and it does not have any color on me, just a gleam. I think it's excellent for what it does.

That said, I think this product has limited value. The sample size I got (about the size of a Juicy Tubes lip gloss) will probably last me 4 years considering how little I need and how rarely I would use it. I'm not sure why they sell it in a giant squeeze tube, BIGGER THAN MOST FOUNDATIONS!

I also tried using it as some older reviewers have suggested, mixing in with my foundation to give a "glow." It just made me look sweaty. The glowing effect might work better on darker skin tones.

Finally, I agree with others that a smaller squeeze top would be better--one with a tiny point would help you just get the pin-sized amount of product you need.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product did not work for me in color or in texture. It is pigmented, but sheer, although a little does go a long way. I have no idea how you would use this as a bronzer or highlighter. Would not blend well on top of any foundation, except a liquid or cream foundation that is very dewy.
Dislikes: hard to blend, don't use it that often, peachy color does not really work on my skin tone.

My profile, for FYI:
NW10/15, cool toned, blue eyes, normal/oily skin, 3a fine but coarse curly hair but I wear straight thanks to keratin treatments!