September 30, 2014 | 1337 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Orgasm Illuminator

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Linda48

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had no idea what a difference an illuminator can make even on the more (ahem!) mature skin till I tried this. I usually use it all over after primer, and before mineral foundation. And for a recent holiday, I just mixed some of this with tinted moisturiser in a small pot, and that was all the base I needed. Will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

I've been using this by mixing it with my foundation or tinted moisturizer. So far, I've loved the results, my skin just looks really nice and dewy. It is a small tube for $29 but you don't have to use much when you're using it with foundation so I imagine this would last a while. I have a tendency of being fickle with products, so though I would repurchase it if it ran out right now, the test of time, will be the best way to tell how much I love this!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by misseevie

This works as a nice illuminiser on my light/medium freckly skin. It gives a very soft glow applied before foundation, or mixed with my liquid foundation. Daytime-friendly for me as it doesn't come out sparkly, just dewy looking. It is definitely a subtle illuminiser, much less shimmery looking than others I have tried - I think it would be undetectable under a heavy foundation, or powder. As lovely as this product is, I still prefer Mecca Cosmetica's "Lit From Within" illuminiser - it's just more radiant without looking shimmery.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My Nars Orgasm Illuminator Uses:

1) Using it before foundation to make my skin appear very smooth.

2) Mixing it with medium or full coverage foundations to make the coverage sheer, or extrememly light, like a tinted moisturizer.

3) Using it, and then only powder on top, to prevent the powder from drying my skin out, and making my face look extremely smooth.

4) Mixing it with a matte foundation to take the foundation from matte, to natural, or even dewy.

5) On only my cheek bones and bridge of my nose

6) By itself when I skip makeup, but want a smoth, radiant look, since I have dry skin.

This illuminator is expensive, and doesn't show any color. I like the way it brightens up my face without too much shimmer. The shimmer doesn't show up when I put this on my face. It doesn't leave a greasy look or feeling like some illuminators.

It's a very thin illuminator, and on my cheeks left a dewy look, but it was barely noticeably dewy. It was 29 dollars for 1.1 ounces. This illuminator definitely makes my face look smoother, and sheers out my foundations. If I want to use a medium foundation that looks sheer almost like a tinted moisturizer, I just add this to the foundation. My face looks spectacular when I apply one drop of Nars sheer glow, and two or three drops of this. My MUFE HD foundation looks a little matte on my dry skin, so on days I want it dewy, I just add this illuminator in the palm of my hand with the HD foundation.

Not sure if I'll buy again, since there might be cheaper alternatives. I realized however that I do need an illuminator in my makeup bag.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by ascopes

Ok I know it's expensive but I absolutely love it! if I could find a cheaper version, I would buy it but I've yet to do that. Sephora gave me a free sample and I fell in love! I put it over my blush and it gives me a great glow! I love this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by somethingnovel

I find that this just looks like shimmer on me. This is nice, I suppose, but its a bit expensive for shimmer. I was expecting something like the orgasm blush and it is very different, just glittery. I rarely use it. Its nice on occasion but not worth it for me. The tube packaging is nice, I don't see many highlighters/shimmers like that.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by maggiejeanjones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My friend told me how much she loved this and that I absolutely had to buy this. The $29 price tag made me hold off on purchasing for awhile. I scored this in a value set from Sephora (which also included Deep Throat blush, deep throat lip gloss, and eye shadow pencil in Aigle Noir). Well I'm glad I got this as part of a value set, because it's definately not worth $29! The consistency is very runny. I tried mixing with liquid foundation, I really didn't look like I was "glowing" and appeared slightly orange (I'm an NW20-which could be the culprit). My skin is oily, and I found that this illuminator just made my skin WAY greasier. I'll stick with NARS powder highlighter in Albatross or Clinque loose Gentle Light powder for that "glowing" effect.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by aly303

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is very sheer and I honestly cant tell the collor difference between any of the colors once they're on. It makes my makeup application take longer in the morning and you can barley tell its there. its very natural and in my opinion, its not worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this product for free as a gift with purchase.

I was a little confused since I thought this would be a more traditional highlighter, but it really just brings out a little bit of a 'natural' glow to your skin that's very subtle. I have mixed it in with my NARS sheer glow foundation for a sun kissed, natural glow for my skin. I have also dabbed it on my cheeks before or after putting on blush just to bring out that natural glow to my skin. It's also really nice to use on shoulders, chest, legs for summer days.

I wouldn't repurchase just because it's not really something I 'need' in my make up stash. But if I was to get it for free again I would definately use it all up since it is something nice, but not necessary to have in my make up bag. I like it for days when I want that natural, no make look for a peachy glow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really good product for those who can afford it. lol. I got a sample from my sephora and when I tried it on, it was really sheer on my wrists. It had minute shimmer to it that orgasm has. On my cheeks, it just illuminates my face. It makes me seem wide awake with a hint of glowy-ness that I love! I am oily, but this stays put. Layer this on and put orgasm blush on top and it stays on for most of the day! yey! i might just purchase a bottle of this one day. But the sample the sa gave me was a good amount and you really dont need much at all! Oh yeah, I use the mac 190 for this. I tried this today by mixing it with my sunblock. Amazing! It gently makes your face look brightened! Glow-y! Highly recommend!