September 2, 2014 | 974 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Physicians Formula - Healthy Wear SPF 50 Tinted Moisturizer

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2011 2:53:00 AM More reviews by KitoX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Loved the coverage, but just couldn't get rid of the shiny oil slick it left behind.

As far as tinted moisturizers go, this one's got more coverage than I've seen in any other so far. The 'Light to Natural 7068' shade matched well with my NC42 skin tone. However, no amount of powder, blotting, or light application will get rid of the oily sheen this product leaves behind for more than 20 min. So dissapointed.

You're better off applying a SPF 50 sunscreen underneath your regular foundation. At least the sheen left from that can be covered up (permanently) by powder foundation.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 1:42:00 AM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Tbis is NOT, I repeat NOT for oily skinned peeps!

This product may work just fine for dry skinned people, but after an hour I looked like I had smeared Crisco on my face. This tinted moisturizer also provided next to zero coverage (on me anyway).

IMO, this product is for dry skinned people who need VERY little coverage.

This did not work for me, but may work just fine for others.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by MU2

Best coverage I have ever gotten from a TM! As others have posted, there is no way I could put a full pump on my face....just do not need that much! Maybe I use a half pump....it covers the few broken caps that I have on my cheek and evens out my skintone. The coverage is buildable if you have any stubborn areas. Love that it has spf 50, but I do not count on it for that because I use so little. So, I do use a sunscreen underneath. My skin is only slightly dry (not an option in profile, so I put "normal:) ... so during the hot summer I put a transluscent powder over it most days and I'm good. I have already repurchased once and will continue to.....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by napkinz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i am a lover of tinted moisturizers and i was on the search for a great one. i really like this TM for many reasons. i really like the fact that it is a TM but has the texture of a foundation, yet the coverage of a medium-coverage TM. as in, it evens out my skintone and makes it look healthy and i still look natural. i have veeeeeeery oily skin and i only have to blot my T-zone slightly after about 6 hours of wear which is not a lot (if only you knew how greasy my face can get). i skip moisturizer when wearing this, apply with my fingers and blend really well, then top it off with an oil control powder (covergirls clean pressed powder) and it works beautifully. it lasts ALL DAY. the SPF is a huge plus. it only comes in 2 colors that i know of and i chose the darker one and at first it was ever so slightly darker than my skin tone but once i got the tiniest bit of a tan everything evened out. this stuff smells like a bandaid though....weird. i am now used to it but just thought i would put that out there. i love this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by ConfusedInCalif

I love this product. I was looking for a TM for a long time when I found this last year. I bought it at CVS when they had a 2 for 1 sale. I am Asian and have hyper pigmentation on my face. A little (not even a full pump) covers my whole face and evens out my skin tone. Once it sets it doesn't feel greasy (I have combination skin). I do not put powder over it. I use it every day and love the SPF 50. If you are using this and feel that it is too sticky, use a little less. The first time I used it, I used a full pump and that was WAY too much. It felt sticky and heavy. A little bit of this product really goes a long way. I find that it moisturizes just enough. Great product! Hope they don't stop making it! I'd recommend it to everyone who is looking for a TM.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by McRubel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I would give this product 3.5 lippies if I could. It definitely gets the job done and actually exceeded my expectations in some areas. Let me explain why I rated it the way I did. 1) It runs about $13-$15 which is pretty pricy in my opinion for drug store makeup. 2) The shades tend to run dark, so keep that in mind. I had to exchange my first bottle because it was too dark. And it only has 4 shades to choose from so that's a bummer. 3) It leaves my skin feeling kind of greasy after it's applied. Maybe it's the sunblock or the waterproof formula that causes this, but I would prefer if the formula "dried" a little more on my face. Now for the positives: 1) It has spf 50. WOW. And it works. I have yet to get sunburned on my face when using this. 2) A little goes a long way. 1 pump covers my whole face. 3) Surprisingly good coverage for a tinted moisturizer. If I chose to do so, I could wear this alone. I personally only use this when I go to the pool so I have good protection with coverage but it really works well. So all in all, if it were a little cheaper and wasn't as greasy-feeling, it would be a 5 lippie product all the way. Until then, this will remain my go-to product on pool days.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by ptt2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product because of the high SPF it offered but was disappointed. It’s not moisturize enough to be call “tinted moisturize” and, I still have to use moisturize before apply it or it will leave several dry patch on my face. Furthermore, it sticky, greasy and shiny that require powder for setting. In other word, it is worse than foundation. I went back to my Neutrogena dry touch sunblock for this summer. At least, Neutrogena sunblock didn’t give me the greasy and shiny look like fry chicken. I wouldn’t recommend this product to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by vagueparade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been on a crazy TM search over the past few weeks. It's summer and foundation is just too much! I purchased this in Fair to Natural, thinking it was the lightest shade, but this was just the lightest one in stock. I love the packaging and the SPF. However, the coverage is almost nonexistent. But it's a good thing, because I'm pretty fair and this still doesn't make me look too dark. I really don't understand why people complain about color selection for TM if the coverage is extremely sheer anyway. The finish is very natural, I can barely feel it on my skin when it sets.
Overall, I would repurchase in the right shade and maybe use year-round. (: I took one lippy off because it's pretty expensive for a drugstore TM. I got it for roughly 13 dollars, I think.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by citygirl123

This product actually works well for me. I didn't like it when I bought it back in April because it was a shade too dark for me and I couldn't make the color work. I almost returned it, but decided to keep it for summer because that's what I bought it for anyway, and also, because I knew I would darken up a bit. I'm so glad I kept it.

The lightest shade (Ivory to fair) is perfect in the summer months when my sunless tanners start to wear off and I'm between color shades. Summer frustrates me because I feel like I need a zillion shades of foundations and TMs to keep up with my fake bakes as they fade away and I reapply. I usually have almost porcelain skin in the winter, and Ivory to Fair in this TM is a step up from that. With some bronzer added on the face, you can darken it up.

As far as coverage, it evens out most redness on my cheeks and provides a nice dewy finish. I do find that you have to let it soak into your skin before you see the results, though. I usually apply it first, go do my eye make-up, and once I'm done with that, the product has soaked in and evened everything out. I do have an oily t-zone in the summer, and I don't think this product gives me the oil slick effect. I mean, it might after a full day, but no cheap TM will provide a completely matte finish all day.

Overall, I'm really happy with this product. I get a great SPF for full days out in the sun, and an even skintone. Plus, it's really inexpensive. Score!

The only downside I can see is the limited selection of color options.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by StephanieTaverna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this as a tinted moisturizer. Put a translucent powder over this and it will stay on all day! I love the packaging, the pump is PERFECT! I wish the color selection was better, but it's as expected with a tinted moisturizer. The color is (most likely) not gonna be perfect on you, but you can make it work. This has a tiny bit of a sticky feel, but nothing compared to the stickiness of many other TM's I've tried. I also love the SPF 50. Major plus!