Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Tinted Moisturizer

3.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: OCTINOXATE 7.5%, OCTOCRYLENE 5.0%, TITANIUM DIOXIDE 8.5%, ZINC OXIDE 2.94% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, WATER, STYRENE/ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, CAPYRLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, SD ALCOHOL 40, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEPTYL UNDECYLENATE, LECITHIN, PEG/PPG -20/15 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, C12-16 ALCOHOLS, DIACETYL BOLDINE, DIMETHICONE/METHICONE COPOLYMER, DISODIUM EDTA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, GELATIN, GENISTEIN, GLYCYRRHETINIC ACID, ALPHA LIPOIC ACID, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, PALMITIC ACID, PEG-12 GLYCERYL DIMYRISTATE, POLYGLYCERYL-3 PALMITATE, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, SOLANUM LYCOPERSICUM (TOMATO) FRUIT EXTRACT, SQUALANE, SUCROSE, TOCOPHEROL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, TRIETHANOLAMINE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, UBIQUINONE, XANTHAN GUM, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, ETHYLENE BRASSYLATE, PHENOXYETHANOL MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES, TITANIUM DIOXIDE

on 9/25/2011 8:05:00 PM

i HATE* this tinted moisturizer . It's sticky, and greasy feeling, and looking. I even set it with a powder, and it still made me look so gross, my eye liner was almost half way down my face with the oils in this . the packaging is really cute, i do like it . but this is way too over priced, i wouldn't even pay $1.00 for this after trying it .

on 9/21/2011 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Hated this. Left my face feeling super greasy. Basically feels like sunscreen slathered all over your face, which makes sense since it is an SPF 50. I don't remember the exact shade I had but it was the ''tanner" one. It was not nearly dark enough and I was only semi-tan at the time.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is my summer foundation. To me a tinted moisturizer is not supposed to have a lot of coverage so I love it. Being a red head I burn very easily so I always need a good sunscreen. This was especially helpful to me since it protected me from the sun and it didn't break me out like regular sunscreen. It is also very sweat and water resistant. It does however feel a lot like sunscreen which is why so many people thinks it feels greasy. I wish it came in lighter colors though because even the lightest is to dark for my pale skin.

on 9/5/2011 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Loved the coverage, but just couldn't get rid of the shiny oil slick it left behind.

As far as tinted moisturizers go, this one's got more coverage than I've seen in any other so far. The 'Light to Natural 7068' shade matched well with my NC42 skin tone. However, no amount of powder, blotting, or light application will get rid of the oily sheen this product leaves behind for more than 20 min. So dissapointed.

You're better off applying a SPF 50 sunscreen underneath your regular foundation. At least the sheen left from that can be covered up (permanently) by powder foundation.

on 8/9/2011 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Tbis is NOT, I repeat NOT for oily skinned peeps!

This product may work just fine for dry skinned people, but after an hour I looked like I had smeared Crisco on my face. This tinted moisturizer also provided next to zero coverage (on me anyway).

IMO, this product is for dry skinned people who need VERY little coverage.

This did not work for me, but may work just fine for others.

on 8/1/2011 11:54:00 AM

Best coverage I have ever gotten from a TM! As others have posted, there is no way I could put a full pump on my face....just do not need that much! Maybe I use a half pump....it covers the few broken caps that I have on my cheek and evens out my skintone. The coverage is buildable if you have any stubborn areas. Love that it has spf 50, but I do not count on it for that because I use so little. So, I do use a sunscreen underneath. My skin is only slightly dry (not an option in profile, so I put "normal:) ... so during the hot summer I put a transluscent powder over it most days and I'm good. I have already repurchased once and will continue to.....

on 7/24/2011 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i am a lover of tinted moisturizers and i was on the search for a great one. i really like this TM for many reasons. i really like the fact that it is a TM but has the texture of a foundation, yet the coverage of a medium-coverage TM. as in, it evens out my skintone and makes it look healthy and i still look natural. i have veeeeeeery oily skin and i only have to blot my T-zone slightly after about 6 hours of wear which is not a lot (if only you knew how greasy my face can get). i skip moisturizer when wearing this, apply with my fingers and blend really well, then top it off with an oil control powder (covergirls clean pressed powder) and it works beautifully. it lasts ALL DAY. the SPF is a huge plus. it only comes in 2 colors that i know of and i chose the darker one and at first it was ever so slightly darker than my skin tone but once i got the tiniest bit of a tan everything evened out. this stuff smells like a bandaid though....weird. i am now used to it but just thought i would put that out there. i love this stuff.

I love this product. I was looking for a TM for a long time when I found this last year. I bought it at CVS when they had a 2 for 1 sale. I am Asian and have hyper pigmentation on my face. A little (not even a full pump) covers my whole face and evens out my skin tone. Once it sets it doesn't feel greasy (I have combination skin). I do not put powder over it. I use it every day and love the SPF 50. If you are using this and feel that it is too sticky, use a little less. The first time I used it, I used a full pump and that was WAY too much. It felt sticky and heavy. A little bit of this product really goes a long way. I find that it moisturizes just enough. Great product! Hope they don't stop making it! I'd recommend it to everyone who is looking for a TM.

on 7/13/2011 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I would give this product 3.5 lippies if I could. It definitely gets the job done and actually exceeded my expectations in some areas. Let me explain why I rated it the way I did. 1) It runs about $13-$15 which is pretty pricy in my opinion for drug store makeup. 2) The shades tend to run dark, so keep that in mind. I had to exchange my first bottle because it was too dark. And it only has 4 shades to choose from so that's a bummer. 3) It leaves my skin feeling kind of greasy after it's applied. Maybe it's the sunblock or the waterproof formula that causes this, but I would prefer if the formula "dried" a little more on my face. Now for the positives: 1) It has spf 50. WOW. And it works. I have yet to get sunburned on my face when using this. 2) A little goes a long way. 1 pump covers my whole face. 3) Surprisingly good coverage for a tinted moisturizer. If I chose to do so, I could wear this alone. I personally only use this when I go to the pool so I have good protection with coverage but it really works well. So all in all, if it were a little cheaper and wasn't as greasy-feeling, it would be a 5 lippie product all the way. Until then, this will remain my go-to product on pool days.

on 6/29/2011 5:39:00 PM

I bought this product because of the high SPF it offered but was disappointed. It’s not moisturize enough to be call “tinted moisturize” and, I still have to use moisturize before apply it or it will leave several dry patch on my face. Furthermore, it sticky, greasy and shiny that require powder for setting. In other word, it is worse than foundation. I went back to my Neutrogena dry touch sunblock for this summer. At least, Neutrogena sunblock didn’t give me the greasy and shiny look like fry chicken. I wouldn’t recommend this product to anyone.