October 30, 2014 | 1777 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by creepfancy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I will start by saying I LOVE this product. It's difficult to fine a base/primer for the face (not just the eyes) that doesn't feel..."funky." I've tried many different primers & used many products as primers (BB creams, moisturizers, etc) & this is by FAR my favorite. I love the texture, the tone, & most of all, the functionality. It's a product that does what it says it's going to do. It minimizes fine lines, smoothes the appearance of large pores, & helps your foundation & concealer last for hours. I have pastey-white SUPER sensitive skin. This product is great. My only issue is that for me, ~$13 is a lot of money for .5 oz of a drugstore product... But I have found it is well worth it. I use this over my moisturizer, but it can also be used alone with great success. I just like using it one top of moisturizer for an extra-smooth application. LONG STORY SHORT: I love this product & will definitely re-purchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2013 8:25:00 AM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well, I have come to like this very much. It's great cause it's kinda cheap. I think it's a great alternative to smashbox┬┤ :) I'll buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by barcodegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My mom gave me this because she didn't like it. I can see why. I have very dry skin, and this stuff just clings to my dry patches and makes them look much worse. Not a very pretty sight.

I did a little experiment. I exfoliated my face with a sugar scrub. (I just mix sugar with a face soap, by the way, and it works brilliantly) I ran my hands over my face. Baby smooth! I decided to forgo moisturizer because I didn't want anything to interfere with my informal experiment. After my face dried completely, I put this primer over it, and it still managed to cling to my dry patches (of which I thought there were none) This primer is only "magic" in that it manages to highlight all of my dry patches so I know exactly where to focus my moisturizing efforts. Thanks L'Oreal!

If you're looking for a good drugstore primer, I suggest Hard Candy's Sheer Envy (which has the same texture, just in a tube) or Rimmel's primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by ohmmhm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have combination skin with pretty regular break outs and this stuff is amazing for me! It keeps me from looking oily, covers dry spots and blemishes well so foundation goes on smoother and totally blurs my pores. I can't imagine using my foundation without it now! This stuff is just awesome! I blend it in small circles around my face and that seems to work best for me. Skin overall looks better after I apply it and makeup goes on so much better! It also works great as an eyelid primer!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Annabellapop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

AMAZING. It hides pores. Perfects my skin. Makes me look FLAWLESS. It a good price for this product because it is amazing. The only bad thing about this is that they ran iut if this product at my local walmart. I want to buy like 3 of this thing. AMAZIG

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by brianne123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a bit torn on this stuff. I've been using it for the last two years and never even thought to look at other primers because I "thought" I liked this one. But then I ventured out and started trying others, and I realized this stuff was making my face greasier than most.

I have combo skin with an oily t-zone and chin, and I was always blotting HEAPS of oil off my face after 3-4 hours. I'm using Laura Mercier's Oil-free primer right now (honestly, not a big fan of this stuff either... returning it today!) and there's not even close to the same amount of oil. But it did seem to magnify my pores and my makeup felt kind of... sticky.

That being said, I do think the L'Oreal one does make my pores look smaller and my my makeup look much smoother. I'm giving Tarte Poreless a try today and if that fails me too, I'll be going back to L'Oreal and just keeping the blotting pads in my purse! It is a good product for the price.

The packaging is okay. It's sturdy and good, but it is a bit annoying to dig your finger into the jar everyday (though honestly, there's easy ways around that if it actually bothers you).

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by lady_vanilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

It is cheaper than most primer I used. I love the mashed potato consistency. It feels so bouncy and applied easily but thick. It kept my skin matte and pores blurred, skin texture smooth. I do have to wait for the primer to set before I apply my tinted moisturizer or foundation on. I have dry sensitive skin but I only use this when it is hot and humid outside. My foundation stays for a long time with this primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by caitx03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm so sick of the negative reviews I see here! First off this primer is meant for people with OILY skin...so if you have dry skin why the hell are you buying this and posting bad reviews???? This is not meant for you!!! Second I don't have short nails, so I don't have a problem with getting this underneath them, but if you have long nails take a fuckin Popsicle stick and use it as a spatula and scoop the product on the back of your hand. Problem solved. And third & finally the bad reviewers are not applying this correctly... Don't just take this and smear it all over your face this primer doesn't work like that. Use dabbing motions with either your finger or a sponge in oily areas or all over your face. If you took a pea size amount of aloe Vera and mixed it together with the primer you would probably have better blend-ability to just apply it all over you skin the same way you would do with silicone primers. Oh and also this is non-comedogenic and oil free so you will not break out from this! If you are it's because u are not washing your hand before you stick them in the container and u are contaminating the product . Now on to my review: I think this product is great! It is actually one of the only oil free and non comedogenic primers available! It blended decently well with my foundation, covered my pores and I saw an immediate difference when I put on my foundation afterward. My foundation has a natural finish which is best for normal to dry skin but it doesn't contain oil or clog pores and is very lightweight which I like so I deal with it. When I used the primer before it have me a nice matte finish and my skin feels great!

18 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by PinkPuma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked up a mini jar on discount I think it was like $5, I'm not sure tho. I've used it only twice now. 1st time I didn't really notice much a change in my complexion. But I had also just applied vitamin E oil and it wasn't fully absorbed into my skin yet. The 2nd time I used a regular moisturizer and it made a difference. It seemed to glide on and didn't cake or clog my pores.

UPDATE:

ok, I just had to update and give this a better review. I have been using a regular moisturizer and then using this before I apply foundation. I LOVE it. It glides over my pores, making them basically invisible. It does wonders for those tiny lines around my under eyes. I work 8-10 hours a day (and I sweat) and this primer with colorstay foundation stays all day. I don't ever retouch my foundation or apply powder. I do get shiny from sweat but it doesn't separate or smear my foundation.
Unfortunately I went to get more of this from walmart and they didn't have any. Hopefully it's not discontinued.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by SwampTea

i have tried MANY primers high and low end and I absolutely HATE this product. It makes my foundation go on unevenly and even worse than it would be with no primer at all !!