September 20, 2014 | 1536 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Annabellapop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

AMAZING. It hides pores. Perfects my skin. Makes me look FLAWLESS. It a good price for this product because it is amazing. The only bad thing about this is that they ran iut if this product at my local walmart. I want to buy like 3 of this thing. AMAZIG

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by brianne123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a bit torn on this stuff. I've been using it for the last two years and never even thought to look at other primers because I "thought" I liked this one. But then I ventured out and started trying others, and I realized this stuff was making my face greasier than most.

I have combo skin with an oily t-zone and chin, and I was always blotting HEAPS of oil off my face after 3-4 hours. I'm using Laura Mercier's Oil-free primer right now (honestly, not a big fan of this stuff either... returning it today!) and there's not even close to the same amount of oil. But it did seem to magnify my pores and my makeup felt kind of... sticky.

That being said, I do think the L'Oreal one does make my pores look smaller and my my makeup look much smoother. I'm giving Tarte Poreless a try today and if that fails me too, I'll be going back to L'Oreal and just keeping the blotting pads in my purse! It is a good product for the price.

The packaging is okay. It's sturdy and good, but it is a bit annoying to dig your finger into the jar everyday (though honestly, there's easy ways around that if it actually bothers you).

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by lady_vanilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

It is cheaper than most primer I used. I love the mashed potato consistency. It feels so bouncy and applied easily but thick. It kept my skin matte and pores blurred, skin texture smooth. I do have to wait for the primer to set before I apply my tinted moisturizer or foundation on. I have dry sensitive skin but I only use this when it is hot and humid outside. My foundation stays for a long time with this primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by caitx03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm so sick of the negative reviews I see here! First off this primer is meant for people with OILY skin...so if you have dry skin why the hell are you buying this and posting bad reviews???? This is not meant for you!!! Second I don't have short nails, so I don't have a problem with getting this underneath them, but if you have long nails take a fuckin Popsicle stick and use it as a spatula and scoop the product on the back of your hand. Problem solved. And third & finally the bad reviewers are not applying this correctly... Don't just take this and smear it all over your face this primer doesn't work like that. Use dabbing motions with either your finger or a sponge in oily areas or all over your face. If you took a pea size amount of aloe Vera and mixed it together with the primer you would probably have better blend-ability to just apply it all over you skin the same way you would do with silicone primers. Oh and also this is non-comedogenic and oil free so you will not break out from this! If you are it's because u are not washing your hand before you stick them in the container and u are contaminating the product . Now on to my review: I think this product is great! It is actually one of the only oil free and non comedogenic primers available! It blended decently well with my foundation, covered my pores and I saw an immediate difference when I put on my foundation afterward. My foundation has a natural finish which is best for normal to dry skin but it doesn't contain oil or clog pores and is very lightweight which I like so I deal with it. When I used the primer before it have me a nice matte finish and my skin feels great!

18 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by PinkPuma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked up a mini jar on discount I think it was like $5, I'm not sure tho. I've used it only twice now. 1st time I didn't really notice much a change in my complexion. But I had also just applied vitamin E oil and it wasn't fully absorbed into my skin yet. The 2nd time I used a regular moisturizer and it made a difference. It seemed to glide on and didn't cake or clog my pores.

UPDATE:

ok, I just had to update and give this a better review. I have been using a regular moisturizer and then using this before I apply foundation. I LOVE it. It glides over my pores, making them basically invisible. It does wonders for those tiny lines around my under eyes. I work 8-10 hours a day (and I sweat) and this primer with colorstay foundation stays all day. I don't ever retouch my foundation or apply powder. I do get shiny from sweat but it doesn't separate or smear my foundation.
Unfortunately I went to get more of this from walmart and they didn't have any. Hopefully it's not discontinued.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by SwampTea

i have tried MANY primers high and low end and I absolutely HATE this product. It makes my foundation go on unevenly and even worse than it would be with no primer at all !!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by WendyTran

Pro:
-Cute packaging :B
-Smooths the skin
-Takes away the oil on my skin
-No strong smell...well i didnt smell anything xD

Cons:
-since its a little jar, it gets under my nails and its annoying.
-I find that it makes my foundation look uneven when i put a little bit more.
-Not sure if it makes my foundation last longer....

When ill ran out of the product, i think ill try the lise watier or the smashbox one :) and use more money x.x

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Samjkimball

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I only use this product for under my eyes. It's really good at smoothing my dry skin and easy to apply under eye consealer. Not a good primer for the face at all, but great for eyes.

I bought this at a local dollar general store for $5 mini jar. I don't know what the full price or size is or worth. But the mini jar is good just for under my eyes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For a ''drugstore'' product, it's really expensive. You would think that for such an expensive drugstore product, you'll have something amazing, but this is not it. First of all, let's talk about this... packaging! A jar!!! Really annoying to use, full of germs, and if you have long nails like me, absolutely messy! I spend most time trying to remove it from under my nails than actually applying it.

Also, it's really thick so it's hard to apply. Rubbing it between your fingers do help, but to me it seems like an extra annoying step when compared to other primers!

I also don't have the impression that my makeup last longer using this, or that it looks better + my cheeks and overall my skin feels really tight for the rest of the day. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 9:13:00 AM More reviews by csquared14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product about a year and a half ago and almost immediately stopped using it. If you are looking for a primer for your whole face, this is NOT it. It is not very spreadable, it is definitely not mattifying, and the jar packaging does not make it easy to get a decent amount out on your fingers. It's also not a texture that I would necessarily want all over my face.

And then (another story entirely) I ended up with acne scaring on my cheeks--the bad stuff, not the dark spots that you can fade or cover up. I tried Smashbox and Laura Mercier primers, but none of them were dense enough to make a serious difference in terms of coverage and filling in indentations. I was rifling through my very messy, embarrassingly huge supply of beauty products when I stumbled upon this product again. I realized that the denser consistency might actually be what I was looking for to make my skin look smoother, and I was right.

This product is still not perfect. Unless you are quite pale (I'm not), you're definitely going to need foundation on top of it because it settles into your pores and indentations (this sounds negative, but is actually what I needed it to do--I'd never use it around, for example, my eyes) and is a pinkish-white, so it sticks out. The consistency is a little icky. Nonetheless, it does a better job of smoothing out the really damaged areas of my skin than anything else I've tried, including the much more expensive primers, and I can't really complain about that. I think that it works best on small sections of skin--this is not an all over primer, but more of an extra layer for serious problem areas. The finish does look nice under the rest of your makeup--a little bit dewy, but not shiny (you'll definitely want powder on warmer days if you're oil-prone). The packaging is not my favorite, but I also don't necessarily think that this would benefit from being in a tube, because it would have to be less dense to be squeezable, so I just make a point of washing my hands before I use it. It's not cheap for a drug store product, but still on the lower end compared to the prices you can pay for prestige primers. This isn't an HG product and I'm not going to be fiercely loyal to it by any stretch of the imagination, but until I find something that does what I need better, I'm okay and happy with using it.