Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation

3.9

ORIGINAL FORMULATION: Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 8%; Inactive Ingredients:Mica, Boron Nitride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides. May contain: Ultramarines NEW FORMULATION: Ingredients Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

on 4/27/2012 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I was very enthusiastic about this foundation after I had just purchased it and I still think it has some good qualities. The coverage is great for a mineral foundation, it comes in a wide range of colours and it's easy to apply. The only reason why I will not buy this again is that it made my skin super oily after a couple of hours of wear. A superb mineral foundation but not for oily skin types I'm afraid.

on 4/26/2012 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I've been using this for 2-3 months (maybe more) and I really like it. I switched from Tarte Smooth Operator as Sephora had run out of my colour and they were not sure when they were getting more stock. I have very acne prone skin with an oil slick t-zone and occasional dry spots on my cheeks. I also have a lot of redness to cover on my cheeks. This covers everything very well and is easy to layer for more coverage. I am very pale and the lightest shade is perfect on me. I apply using the chisel brush this company makes, the brush is scratchy but it does work well to apply this power. I use a primer underneath and my makeup lasts all day. Took off 1 lippie because it looks a little powdery on my forehead sometimes. Would repurchase.
Edit - They changed the packaging and I've read they changed the formula as well. I am not seeing much difference in the formula to be honest. The new packaging looks nicer but I am not a fan. The lid is a mirror and I don't like swirling the brushing into the mirror as per the instructions. I also noticed that on my compact the powder is not set in the middle of the compact, so there is a gap between the powder and the hole in the compact to hold it. The mirror also leaves a mark in the powder because it is not set properly in the compact. This shouldn't be an issue with a product this expensive. Will repurchase hoping my next compact is a little better made.

on 4/25/2012 9:09:00 AM

This is my holy grail foundation. I've used mineral makeup for years and tried all sorts of brands...from BE to L'oreal's Bare Naturale to Everyday Minerals and countless other indie brands online. I've also used my fair share of liquid, cream, and powder foundations for over 15 years. I originally started using Pur Minerals in 2006 in its original formula. I liked it a lot, but it started to get cakey after a long day. However, because I liked the way it looked for most of the day, I continued to buy it. I hadn't used it for several months when I saw they released a new formula with skincare ingredients. Although I was skeptical that it made any difference in the product, I tried it. It's absolutely amazing. The coverage is completely adjustable depending on your application method - sheer to full. My skin tone, texture, and blemishes have greatly improved. I've had acne problems for 20 years and my skin has been 100% blemish free the whole time I've used this new formula. My skin feels soft and touchable throughout the day, and it never gets cakey or looks powdery. I'm usually an oil slick by mid-morning, but I can go ALL DAY without touching up. The color is also a good match. I use Porcelain and I usually have an impossible time finding foundations light enough for me. I really can't say enough good things about it.

on 4/22/2012 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm a big fan of this stuff. I have used BE over the years on and off because I always fall for the hype that it is the best thing to use on skin, but it has never provided good coverage or matched my skin well. I don't know why I kept going back to it, good advertising I guess. Anyways, I went to ulta to buy more BE and saw this, I had never heard of it, never read any reviews, I just friggin bought it and I am really glad. My skin has drastically improved and is breaking out way less, actually it is barely breaking out. This, in conjunction with DDF 5% BP w/tea tree and philosophy's hope in a jar dry skin, have completely changed my skin. I'm talking about years of breakouts, uneveness, and oiliness; not terribly bad just uncomfortable leaving the house without at least concealer. So I use this product because I feel so finished and polished, yet completely natural looking with it on. It also feels like I'm not wearing any makeup. I'm glad I fell for the hype (according to the packaging) with this one, my uneveness without makeup is reduced as are my breakouts and oiliness. I also don't use a primer or any other concealer, just this and a little blush. Good luck!

on 4/6/2012 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this product because at the time there was a gift with purchase deal going on...
Initially it was great,good coverage, and long-lasting qualities. However I have always had one MAJOR problem with this product...This product highlights large pores, it magnifies them, making every pore look disgustingly huge.I refuse to buy more of it, I still have so much left :( Kinda a wast of money but I at least learned a lesson. I guess this just depends on your skin type, my skin is mild acne but acne prone, and my pores have seriously grown for some odd reason over the past few months..if you have awesome skin and need light long lasting coverage then I think this makeup will do you good. If however your skin is in rough condition I would strongly urge you to try something else.
also getting matched was so difficult, the shade the lady ended up matching me with was still off...

on 3/1/2012 5:10:00 PM

i've always had a problem finding a powder that wouldn't give me that powdery cakey look. i actually received this in my birchbox and i wasn't too thrilled at first. i need a little bit of coverage when it comes to foundation since my face has a lot of redness. this powder on it's own is nothing special to me. however, i recently started using it as a setting powder. i love it. it sets my makeup so it doesn't slide off, yet it still leaves me looking fresh and not cakey. it makes my skin feel very silky too. i use it with a flat top brush and i love the finish it gives. i'm hoping that in the summer i'll be able to get away with just wearing this. it doesn't last al day on me, but hardly anything does. the packaging doesn't really bother me. it would be nice if it had a mirror but i can manage without. the price seems pretty steep though. $25 for less than an ounce? oy vey. i'm hoping this continues to work well for me since it's been an arduous journey trying to find a decent setting powder for my combo skin.

on 2/29/2012 9:43:00 AM

This is my HG (for now ;) ) ... I normally never use a powder foundation. But my when my bestie bought this and I tried it I just had to buy it.

I've been through 3 or 4 pots now. The product is pretty pricey considering it doesn't last me long... maybe 3 weeks of everyday use.

Its very buildable .. but you can go overboard.

But with a light sweep over your entire face it has good coverage and I find my skin has a nice glow (when not too much product is applied)

When I run out I can't resist buying more. I wish I could get a bigger pan.

I first bought the mini three products with the brush. I loved the combination of the three.. even in pictures my face has a perfect glow. However I can't justify spending 90$ on three full sized products. So I just stick to the powder (along with my smashbox products)

Lasts almost the whole day.. but I find myself reapplying my make up in the evening. Might have to cave and buy urban decay make up setter... sigh...

Will repurchase again and again :)

(PS doesn't make me break out.. which other cream foundations ALWAYS do.. so another big bonus)

on 2/29/2012 4:01:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is the perfect foundation for an everyday basis. If I use a fluffy brush or a kabuki brush, I just buff it into my skin. It doesn't take much thinking. It's not full coverage; I have acne scarring (especially on my chin), redness, and (currently) mild acne. However, I think that for an everyday basis, it's a natural look for some flaws to peek through. I would say it's a medium coverage; however, it could be buildable. I have combination skin, and in the winter that means my forehead and cheeks are dry. If I'm doing a good job maintaining my skin (exfoliating, moisturizing), then the foundation is fine for my dry skin. However, if my skin is too dry, then it will make my skin look drier by settling into the cracks of my flaky skin. I think that's expected especially since I don't use primer everyday. Anyway, it's a good quality foundation. This comes from someone whose biggest concern is her skin :)

on 2/28/2012 7:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I always had a problem finding the right colour for my olive skin, I would either find something too orange or too chalkish for my tone. But I finally found the perfect colour, I use Pur Minerals in the shade: Golden Medium. Along with the perfect colour match, I like how this foundation is Multi-Functional and Low-Maintenance, It has a SPF, Concealer, Foundation, Powder all included and all it takes is the swipe of a brush. I would usually have to use all of those things separately, all while using separate brushes, basically it saves a lot of time and effort! The coverage is very good, not to heavy or light, it covers blemishes and scars well and I avoid sunburn on my face from prolonged sun-exposure when using this product as well! I absolutely love this product and I will never replace it, I am in love <3

I like this product but I would not buy it again because it is not the best color match and there are better foundations out there. When I apply the color in light, I look too pale in some lighting and ok in others. Usually most foundations' color labeled "light" is a perfect or almost perfect match. So to anyone buying this, go a shade darker.
It can apply patchy sometimes if your skin is dry so make sure to properly moisturize right before applying it.

Edit: After using this a few times I found little bumps around my mouth. I think I'm allergic to this.