Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation

3.9

ORIGINAL FORMULATION: Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 8%; Inactive Ingredients:Mica, Boron Nitride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides. May contain: Ultramarines NEW FORMULATION: Ingredients Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

I have a lot of issues with powder makeup. I can't wear it over foundation, if I do, I breakout. I can't wear it by itself either, again I break out. For some reason, I don't a have problem with liquid foundation... don't know why...
Until I tried purminerals 4in1 original foundation. The person at shoppers convinced me to try it and I really didn't expect to like it but, I do like it.
This is the only powder that doesn't destroy my skin. I think it might make my skin better but, that might be my imagination.
Anyways, this powder provides coverage as good as any other powder foundation (clinique, mac, covergirl) and it's much better for my skin.
Love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This powder foundation is super handy. It is my concealer, foundation, powder and SPF in one! Perfect for my oily skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This may contain more natural ingredients, but it may not be suited for sensitive skin. This powder caused breakouts, white-heads, and even redness on my skin. On top of that, the color was very unnatural on my fair skin. It gave me a yellow glow.

Covers nicely, looks natural, good for your skin and stays really well through the day. The ONLY complaint I have is there is very little oil control and I would be super shiny around my nose and forehead by the end of the day. Thats why I only rated it a 4. So I had to buy the Perfectly Natural Everyday Balancing Make Up and when I brush a light bit of that in those oily areas before I use my powder foundation its perfect! So it is costly but i really think its worth it. Way better than BE or Sheer cover i think

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

UPDATE:
Yeah, this did not control my oil very well without primer. Still a 4/5, just not for me!
*****
Overall Rating: 4.5/5
So I had to delete my old review and rewrite it, because I realized I reviewed the original Pur Minerals formula AND the one with "added skin care ingredients". THIS review is for the original formula.
At ULTA, they only sell the formula with the skincare ingredients in it, yet they tell you it's the original formula in "new packaging". This is false. That formula SUCKS, BUT the original one is.... Amazing.
This foundation has beaten all others. Why? Let me tell you:
-Medium-Full flawless, beautiful, natural, amazing coverage. It just looks like I have beautiful skin, not like I am wearing tons of product. I don't even need concealer.
-IT ACTUALLY LASTS! While the "skincare ingredients" formula gets VERY oily, and I would not advise us oil slick girls to get that one, the original does a really good job at keeping me matte. I could actually go all day without blotting, although I do occasionally just because I can. I put it on at 6:40AM, stays matte untill 12:00PM, and is still there when I come home around 4:00PM. That is a total of 9 hours, girls
-I do have one thing to say about application: YOU NEED that chisel brush! Although I love my ELF flat top powder brush, it doesn't give me the flawless coverage the chisel brush does. Its sharp bristles pick up a lot of product and it won't waste any of it. Application is such a breeze. I just swirl the brush in the powder, buff it in and TADA! Foundation done.
-Does not irritate my sensitive, acne prone skin.
The one con I have is the price. But this product is so amazing, I am willing to fork over the almost $30 for it. I need this stuff. My life is complete with it.... For now

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I was very enthusiastic about this foundation after I had just purchased it and I still think it has some good qualities. The coverage is great for a mineral foundation, it comes in a wide range of colours and it's easy to apply. The only reason why I will not buy this again is that it made my skin super oily after a couple of hours of wear. A superb mineral foundation but not for oily skin types I'm afraid.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I've been using this for 2-3 months (maybe more) and I really like it. I switched from Tarte Smooth Operator as Sephora had run out of my colour and they were not sure when they were getting more stock. I have very acne prone skin with an oil slick t-zone and occasional dry spots on my cheeks. I also have a lot of redness to cover on my cheeks. This covers everything very well and is easy to layer for more coverage. I am very pale and the lightest shade is perfect on me. I apply using the chisel brush this company makes, the brush is scratchy but it does work well to apply this power. I use a primer underneath and my makeup lasts all day. Took off 1 lippie because it looks a little powdery on my forehead sometimes. Would repurchase.
Edit - They changed the packaging and I've read they changed the formula as well. I am not seeing much difference in the formula to be honest. The new packaging looks nicer but I am not a fan. The lid is a mirror and I don't like swirling the brushing into the mirror as per the instructions. I also noticed that on my compact the powder is not set in the middle of the compact, so there is a gap between the powder and the hole in the compact to hold it. The mirror also leaves a mark in the powder because it is not set properly in the compact. This shouldn't be an issue with a product this expensive. Will repurchase hoping my next compact is a little better made.

This is my holy grail foundation. I've used mineral makeup for years and tried all sorts of brands...from BE to L'oreal's Bare Naturale to Everyday Minerals and countless other indie brands online. I've also used my fair share of liquid, cream, and powder foundations for over 15 years. I originally started using Pur Minerals in 2006 in its original formula. I liked it a lot, but it started to get cakey after a long day. However, because I liked the way it looked for most of the day, I continued to buy it. I hadn't used it for several months when I saw they released a new formula with skincare ingredients. Although I was skeptical that it made any difference in the product, I tried it. It's absolutely amazing. The coverage is completely adjustable depending on your application method - sheer to full. My skin tone, texture, and blemishes have greatly improved. I've had acne problems for 20 years and my skin has been 100% blemish free the whole time I've used this new formula. My skin feels soft and touchable throughout the day, and it never gets cakey or looks powdery. I'm usually an oil slick by mid-morning, but I can go ALL DAY without touching up. The color is also a good match. I use Porcelain and I usually have an impossible time finding foundations light enough for me. I really can't say enough good things about it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm a big fan of this stuff. I have used BE over the years on and off because I always fall for the hype that it is the best thing to use on skin, but it has never provided good coverage or matched my skin well. I don't know why I kept going back to it, good advertising I guess. Anyways, I went to ulta to buy more BE and saw this, I had never heard of it, never read any reviews, I just friggin bought it and I am really glad. My skin has drastically improved and is breaking out way less, actually it is barely breaking out. This, in conjunction with DDF 5% BP w/tea tree and philosophy's hope in a jar dry skin, have completely changed my skin. I'm talking about years of breakouts, uneveness, and oiliness; not terribly bad just uncomfortable leaving the house without at least concealer. So I use this product because I feel so finished and polished, yet completely natural looking with it on. It also feels like I'm not wearing any makeup. I'm glad I fell for the hype (according to the packaging) with this one, my uneveness without makeup is reduced as are my breakouts and oiliness. I also don't use a primer or any other concealer, just this and a little blush. Good luck!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this product because at the time there was a gift with purchase deal going on...
Initially it was great,good coverage, and long-lasting qualities. However I have always had one MAJOR problem with this product...This product highlights large pores, it magnifies them, making every pore look disgustingly huge.I refuse to buy more of it, I still have so much left :( Kinda a wast of money but I at least learned a lesson. I guess this just depends on your skin type, my skin is mild acne but acne prone, and my pores have seriously grown for some odd reason over the past few months..if you have awesome skin and need light long lasting coverage then I think this makeup will do you good. If however your skin is in rough condition I would strongly urge you to try something else.
also getting matched was so difficult, the shade the lady ended up matching me with was still off...