December 19, 2014 | 825 users online

Powder - Pur Minerals - Pressed Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by nico678

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a big fan of this stuff. I have used BE over the years on and off because I always fall for the hype that it is the best thing to use on skin, but it has never provided good coverage or matched my skin well. I don't know why I kept going back to it, good advertising I guess. Anyways, I went to ulta to buy more BE and saw this, I had never heard of it, never read any reviews, I just friggin bought it and I am really glad. My skin has drastically improved and is breaking out way less, actually it is barely breaking out. This, in conjunction with DDF 5% BP w/tea tree and philosophy's hope in a jar dry skin, have completely changed my skin. I'm talking about years of breakouts, uneveness, and oiliness; not terribly bad just uncomfortable leaving the house without at least concealer. So I use this product because I feel so finished and polished, yet completely natural looking with it on. It also feels like I'm not wearing any makeup. I'm glad I fell for the hype (according to the packaging) with this one, my uneveness without makeup is reduced as are my breakouts and oiliness. I also don't use a primer or any other concealer, just this and a little blush. Good luck!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2012 4:14:00 AM More reviews by mmokadde

I bought this product because at the time there was a gift with purchase deal going on...
Initially it was great,good coverage, and long-lasting qualities. However I have always had one MAJOR problem with this product...This product highlights large pores, it magnifies them, making every pore look disgustingly huge.I refuse to buy more of it, I still have so much left :( Kinda a wast of money but I at least learned a lesson. I guess this just depends on your skin type, my skin is mild acne but acne prone, and my pores have seriously grown for some odd reason over the past few months..if you have awesome skin and need light long lasting coverage then I think this makeup will do you good. If however your skin is in rough condition I would strongly urge you to try something else.
also getting matched was so difficult, the shade the lady ended up matching me with was still off...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by stephanieee

i've always had a problem finding a powder that wouldn't give me that powdery cakey look. i actually received this in my birchbox and i wasn't too thrilled at first. i need a little bit of coverage when it comes to foundation since my face has a lot of redness. this powder on it's own is nothing special to me. however, i recently started using it as a setting powder. i love it. it sets my makeup so it doesn't slide off, yet it still leaves me looking fresh and not cakey. it makes my skin feel very silky too. i use it with a flat top brush and i love the finish it gives. i'm hoping that in the summer i'll be able to get away with just wearing this. it doesn't last al day on me, but hardly anything does. the packaging doesn't really bother me. it would be nice if it had a mirror but i can manage without. the price seems pretty steep though. $25 for less than an ounce? oy vey. i'm hoping this continues to work well for me since it's been an arduous journey trying to find a decent setting powder for my combo skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by ashmonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG (for now ;) ) ... I normally never use a powder foundation. But my when my bestie bought this and I tried it I just had to buy it.

I've been through 3 or 4 pots now. The product is pretty pricey considering it doesn't last me long... maybe 3 weeks of everyday use.

Its very buildable .. but you can go overboard.

But with a light sweep over your entire face it has good coverage and I find my skin has a nice glow (when not too much product is applied)

When I run out I can't resist buying more. I wish I could get a bigger pan.

I first bought the mini three products with the brush. I loved the combination of the three.. even in pictures my face has a perfect glow. However I can't justify spending 90$ on three full sized products. So I just stick to the powder (along with my smashbox products)

Lasts almost the whole day.. but I find myself reapplying my make up in the evening. Might have to cave and buy urban decay make up setter... sigh...

Will repurchase again and again :)

(PS doesn't make me break out.. which other cream foundations ALWAYS do.. so another big bonus)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 4:01:00 AM More reviews by mspinkcotton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect foundation for an everyday basis. If I use a fluffy brush or a kabuki brush, I just buff it into my skin. It doesn't take much thinking. It's not full coverage; I have acne scarring (especially on my chin), redness, and (currently) mild acne. However, I think that for an everyday basis, it's a natural look for some flaws to peek through. I would say it's a medium coverage; however, it could be buildable. I have combination skin, and in the winter that means my forehead and cheeks are dry. If I'm doing a good job maintaining my skin (exfoliating, moisturizing), then the foundation is fine for my dry skin. However, if my skin is too dry, then it will make my skin look drier by settling into the cracks of my flaky skin. I think that's expected especially since I don't use primer everyday. Anyway, it's a good quality foundation. This comes from someone whose biggest concern is her skin :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 7:04:00 AM More reviews by Jarjarjarjar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I always had a problem finding the right colour for my olive skin, I would either find something too orange or too chalkish for my tone. But I finally found the perfect colour, I use Pur Minerals in the shade: Golden Medium. Along with the perfect colour match, I like how this foundation is Multi-Functional and Low-Maintenance, It has a SPF, Concealer, Foundation, Powder all included and all it takes is the swipe of a brush. I would usually have to use all of those things separately, all while using separate brushes, basically it saves a lot of time and effort! The coverage is very good, not to heavy or light, it covers blemishes and scars well and I avoid sunburn on my face from prolonged sun-exposure when using this product as well! I absolutely love this product and I will never replace it, I am in love <3

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by makeupphilanderer

I like this product but I would not buy it again because it is not the best color match and there are better foundations out there. When I apply the color in light, I look too pale in some lighting and ok in others. Usually most foundations' color labeled "light" is a perfect or almost perfect match. So to anyone buying this, go a shade darker.
It can apply patchy sometimes if your skin is dry so make sure to properly moisturize right before applying it.

Edit: After using this a few times I found little bumps around my mouth. I think I'm allergic to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by deewilson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this foundation. I have tried other mineral makeup and it either wore off after a while or looked blotchy. I've also tried liquid but HATED the heaviness. I have acne scarring and hyperpigmentation, so I need something with coverage that will not break me out. This stuff is great. I put just a little concealer on the darker spots and then add a few layers of this foundation. It looks really natural and it covers really well. I love it. I try not to sleep in my makeup, but on the occasional time that I have had to, this doesn't break me out. In fact, I feel like it could be helping my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by SketchedLilly

This is my first experience with a a quality mineral makeup. I had tried some cheap Mabeline stuff awhile ago but it was awful and orange and gross.

I bough the lightest shade avalable (porcelaine) and I find it to be a great match. I have very dry skin, and although this can highlight some dry flakes, they're pretty easy to remove and I prefer a couple of flakes to the splotchy red mess that is my skin. I tend to pick, so even if I don't have a ton of pimples, I look like I do because of all the little aggrivated red marks on my face. This product helps cover them in a way that no other foundation or concealer has before. Not seeing the red spots in the mirror helps prevent me from picking more, so really it's breaking a bad habit.

To apply, I've been using a small round eyeshaddow brush to apply heavily on the spots, and then applying a lighter layer over the whole face with a kabuki brush to blend. Even though I'm wearing it a lot heavier than I've worn makeup before, it sits a lot more comfortably on my skin than other products I've had, so I don't feel like a painted up joke.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2012 3:52:00 AM More reviews by dillman25

Pur mineral 4 in 1 mineral powder. When I originally bought this I loved it, but since been using it for some time now I find it's not working so well. I like the idea of 4 in 1, but I find it makes my pores seem larger and looks a bit cakey after a few hours. have been on the search for that perfect foundation, have yet to find it.