September 20, 2014 | 994 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Palette - Greed [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Amazing palette! I dont know why people pay 4 mac bc these shadows are affordable, soft, pigmented, and blend like a dream. I love these & thank God that wet n wild rocked my world. I hope they keep these around and come out with more. WETNWILD if u can hear me, dont stop the great upgrade of ur products. These palettes have many mac dupes theyre even better. This palette is a great purple/gray smokey palette. The shades are from top to bottom starting on the left side which are mattes:
    1.A matte pinky sandy skintone mac bisque or cumulus
    2.a matte pinky peach mac tetta tint
    3.a matte black, i mean black black mac carbon exact dupe if not better why would u pay 13 for an shadow u can get for $4 plus 5 more great with it! now onto the right side, the shimmer side from top to bottom
    1. A light shimmery purple or lilac mac idol eyes
    2. A shimmer baby pink with golden shimmer mac paradisco or all that glitters
    3. A shimmery black mac black tied
    These dupes are so close or the wetnwild shadows are even better than mac. Wow!
    This palette is great for a girly glam smoky eye. I go to this palette alot may not use all the shadows together but i love all the pinky shades. And the blacks are so pigmented that its unbelievable! So if ur even wanting/needing mac carbon or black tied, get this palette! U will save at least $10 and plus u get 4 more shadows even a great matte highlighting shadow. I promise these blacks are better than macs! I bought 2 of each bc theyre AMAZING! Gosh, wet n wild saved my makeup life, hehe!
    It really makes me sad that people are giving no love to this palette! Its just gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by lucyfurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow, it's kind of surprising that nobody loves this palate like I do. I got a BOGO deal at CVS and ended up spending about 2.50 each for LUST and GREED. Greed is my favorite for the sole reason that the left column, with the light beige, natural pinkish peach, and charcoal black,
    I've been using liner for my eyes for so long, and with an angeled brush I can get so close to the lashline with the black one, no fall-out, and it stays put and looks gorgeously natural for everyday, especially with the peach in the crease and the beige on the lid. I guess it's more of a personal coloring issue.
    Just for the 3 matte pigmented shades of high quality, staying power (the black one can still be seen 3 days later even with eye makeup remover, so some days I don't even need to reapply throughout my skin regimine!!!!)
    Here's the upshot: for a makeup neebie with eyes that aren't set deeply, with warm light-to-medium coloring, this is really a fail-proof godsend at an obscenely low price. the shimmers; eh, I don't use 'em, but maybe for going out...?
    I'm probably going to buy multiples of this product just for the black shadow liner and the peachy; it's the best I've used, hands down. Go, W&W!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 12:19:00 PM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

I got this on sale 40% off at Rite Aid. So far, I've been impressed with WnW coloricon shadows. Greed is so pretty with colors from peach, silvery lilac, blacks all range from matte and shimmer. Granted, the pigmentation in this is so so. I would highly rec a primer with these to improve the pigmentation & staying power. But, with a primer, these shadows stayed true for over 12 hours until washing it off.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 11:45:00 AM More reviews by lilaleahg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great palette, especially when the shadows are used with a base. The eye shadows are all soft, easy to blend, and stay on for a long period of time.

However being the pale porcelain beauty that I am, the only color in this palette that even looks remotely good on me is the light silvery gray color.

I like the peachy flesh tones too, but they seem to be yellow based once applied. They're not as cool based as what it looks like in the pan. Besides I have so many other, not to mention better and more noticeable highlighters and flesh tones in my collection, than what this palette has to offer that I see absolutely no reason to even use the following flesh tones.

As for the black eye shadows, they're decent. For those who are curious, I hate to burst your bubble, but these blacks aren't intensely black. Instead they're more of a charcoal, grayish black. They're very 'soft'. Other than the shimmers, both blacks are pretty much the same. Being so pale I don't really need a black eye shadow though, so yet again I bought a palette with a color selection that I don't need.

In short, the only unique shade in this whole palette that would ever make me pay a cent's worth is the shimmery purpleish gray shadow.

Because of this short, non-flattering shade selection I will not repurchase. This is a great palette, but the colors don't work for me the way I thought they would by looking at the pan.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2010 12:22:00 PM More reviews by sydneyk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I usually use Dior shadows and have not used anything else in a long time. However, last week I was in CVS and they had Wet-n-wild buy one and get half off a second. I had heard good things about the creme liner, so I got that and picked this up on a whim. I like it. As others have mentioned the two pale shimmers do not give much color payoff and really need a good base, but the mattes are fantastic as is the darker shimmer. What I would add to the comments of others is that using good quality brushes is pretty important in working with these shadows. Most of this palette does have good pigment, but it does not blend as easily as Dior. I have found that brushes make a world of difference. I usually do not use three or four brushes with my shadows, with these shadows I used four (and would also have used a small smudge if I had one)and the results were stunning. I am planning to pick up the other palettes to play with. I am having fun with this and for the money its great.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

YUK! Colors are just plain weird. Do not blend well and are tooo powdery.

I got the another WNW palette in Pride and that one is amazing. Don't understand the inconsistency between palettes but I know that this one was a bust for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by mellliiisssuh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i wouldnt have bought this product unless i heard about the great pigmentation and stuff on youtube. i like matte colors and most drugstore shadows are shimmer or poor matte shadows. really pleased with the pigmentation and texture of the matte colors. the black shimmer is good too. but the pink and blueish shimmer colors have pretty much no color payoff and big chunks of glitter in them. i love the peach and the beige colors and use it all the time. if those two came in there own single shadows, i would just buy that cause thats the only part of this palette im crazy about

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 8:15:00 PM More reviews by lucdiaz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great palette. For $5 you get 6 colors, 3 matte, 3 shimmer. Weirdly, the shimmery colors don't exactly match the mattes as in the other palettes. In this palette, the shimmers consist of a shimmery black, a shimmery peach, and a shimmery silvery lilac. The mattes are a cream, a peach, and a black. I love this palette over MAC's Coral Crepe paint pot. A'' of the colors except the livery lilac are rich and pigmented. The silver lilac is very sheer instead, but it's nice to create a very soft crease over, that can then be intensified with the 2 darker colors. Great value, would buy again. Have all these palettes and they are all great in their own way. Very nice WetnWild!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by apk2

EDIT: without a base I couldn't get the shimmery blue/silver colour and the shimmery peach colour to show up on my skin. I have tested the blue/silver one over NYX jumbo pencil in lavender and oyster (one or the other) and it makes the colour show through really well. Then I tried the shimmery peach colour on top of strawberry milk and that makes the peach colour show through as well. So I'd recommend using a base for those two colours from the palette to get your money's worth!

I love all the coloricon palettes by wet 'n' wild and i own all of them. I know a reviewer below me has named some dupes by mac and YES all of the coloricon palettes are all (or most) mac dupes! Greed is probably my least favourite of the 4 palettes cause 2 of the colours are really chalky and not pigmented. But I'm gonna still do a list of mac dupes for you that is different than the reviewer below:

1. matte cream colour - Blanc Type

2. matte peach colour - Samoa Silk

3. matte black colour - Carbon

4. Shimmery blue/silver - Idol Eyes

5. Shimmery peach - All that glitters (kind of)

6. Black with silver glitter - Black Tied

I don't take credit for this dupe list cause I got it from my favourite makeup guru on youtube: EasyAccessBeauty. Check out her channel and her videos and she offers dupes for all the other coloricon palettes.

I wouldn't buy this product again just because of the 2 non-pigmented colours

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by amydo

I got the Wet'n'Wild ColorIcon Pallete in Greed from Rite Aid. I was disappointed with this eyeshadow palette. The colors look nice in the pan, but they are very hard to blend together. Also, they don't look nice together. The 2 peach colors (matte/shimmer) both didn't show up on my eyelids. The dark colors are just blah.... dark and boring. I played with it for 2 , 3 weeks now and tried out all different ways of using them. However, I can't say that I like any looks using this palette. Check out the Wet'n'Wild ColorIcon Palette in Lust. Love those colors. I was going to return Greed but decided to keep it to use with different eyeshadows that I have. By itself, it is not a great palette.