December 20, 2014 | 1273 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Single - Nutty

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by kimdburns

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This shadow is amazing. I wore this color 50% of the summer. It's one of those easy, single color shadows you can put on alone with some mascara and be done. Like one of the previous commenters stated, the quality is right there with any high end brand.

The only pain with this shadow is finding it! My Ulta no longer carries WNW and none of my drugstores carry the single shadows. I think I'm going to order several online and keep a couple for backup and use the others and stocking stuffers. Everyone, every age and skin tone should own this shadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 9:19:00 AM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am a neutrals girl, and a taupe FANATIC... this is an AMAZING shadow, especially for the price. I agree that it is definitely a warmer taupe. I did swatches next to a bunch of my high end taupes on my blog if you would like to check it out:

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by lauriesbooks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wet n' Wild has fantasic eyeshadows. Fact #1. This shimmery-taupe shade is about perfect. Fact #2. I love anything that costs $1-$2. Fact #3. I have owned many many eyeshadows over the years and I never cease to be impressed with the Wet n' Wild offerings. I use Urban Decay quite a bit and as far as I am concerned, these are of the same quality (or MAC too for that matter). Love the color here, it's a good neutral shade for me (I am very fair, have blue/green eyes and brownish hair - from a box at this point - with lighter highlights), but can be layered for a more dramatic look. I'm 51 so trust me, I can no longer wear anything that is too sparkley, this one has a nice shimmer to it but is NOT garish. Not 100% a fan of the small container, but I have never had issues with it, just it's easy to fumble and drop it (I think that might be an age thing!). Overall very highly recommend, along with any colors you can find in the ColorIcon line (which I will review later).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unbelievably awesome shadow for the price. One of the most beautiful shadows I own. Deceiving in the package - it looks cheap to me, the surface of the shadow looks blah, the color in store lighting looks like just another boring mid tone brown...but when you open it up and touch your fingertip to it, it has the texture and feel of more expensive shadows and the color is sooo pretty - a soft, sexy, shimmery fawn shade that will make your eyes sparkle!

If you already are a fan of Wet n Wild eyeshadows and have the Silent Treatment trio, it is very similar to the taupe color in that set...only less purple, more gold in comparison. It's worth having them both, but if I had to choose over ANY WnW shadow - or any shadow in general, this would be it. It's not brassy at all, it's more of a silvery taupe - I'd say it's a neutral, leaning towards cool, and perfect for daytime, because even though it is not matte, it is not overly frosty or shimmery. Some of the WnW frosty shades are VERY frosty. Not this one -it just has a sexy gleam to it. Reminds me of UD's YDK - only more wearable, because it doesn't have all that microglitter. The first day i wore it, I checked it in the rear view mirror in the car (not while I was driving, of course ;)
and it just looks beautiful, even in harsh daylight.

Stays on great with a primer, can be used for an easy all over the lid look, or with a darker shade in the crease. Goes on beautifully, evenly, with very little fall-out. I wear it alone, I wear it as a lid color and then line with a smokey purple all around my eyes, or put more purple in the V area. It also looks great with WnWild's now d/c'd Fine Wink in the inner eye area, and this on the outer and in the crease. Still looks great when you go to take it off before bed. Amazing how cheap this is. I've only bought two of the Color Icon singles, mainly because I don't care all that much for the selection - but this one is worth getting several back-ups of, it's that good. Highly recommended and VERY sexy!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by 90sbaby4eva23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Nutty is a gorgeous soft silvery gray cool toned taupe with slight lavender tones. Itís an extremely pigmented frost finish, smooth to the touch and applies evenly on the lids. As well as long lasting not powdery/chunky with NO fallout during application. Taupe is usually not flattering on my deep dark chocolate neutral skin but nutty is the exception. I use this on the lid; Mac swiss chocolate on the crease, Mac malt on the brow bone & Mac sketch on the outer corner for a little smoked affect. Topped off w/ Revlon Black Cherry or Mac Ruby woo on the lips makes a vampy sultry look for winter/fall. Drugstore shadows arenít my thing. However, nutty REALLY does have the quality of high end e/s. I will definitely repurchase this product & get back ups . Only 99 cents at walgreens unbelieveable.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by autumnlee33

my everyday shadow i love it!
great taupey brown grey shade which is great for you natural eye lovers
it can be used wet or dry and can be built up for more intense color
i have bought 10 yes 10 backups because i love it so much and for a $.99-1.99 (depends where you shop) you cant go wrong
i will never run out of this shadow its too good to give up :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2012 7:21:00 AM More reviews by samsungasong

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

In its case, this shadow has a creamy texture. It applies easily & has a slight slimmer. It's a tad light for me yet I haven't had it long enough to experiment enough so I'll update a little later. The case is hard to open which is a real downfall. This eye shadow was very cheap, creamy, & slightly shimmery & I'd definitely repurchase this brand yet just in another shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 9:55:00 AM More reviews by laurensenigma

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I picked this up a couple days ago at CVS, along with Brule on a bogo free sale, and I absolutely LOVE it. The texture and pigmentation are very similar to Urban Decay, albeit a bit too soft, causing it to break easily. For reference, with the WnW eyeshadow singles, you get 0.06 oz of product, with Urban Decay you get 0.05, Stila 0.09, and Too Faced 0.08. So you definitely, definitely get more than you pay for with these. The color payoff is super amazing, and I like the shimmer in this. This color looks amazing paired with Urban Decay Woodstock, and can easily be thrown together with a dark greys or purples to amplify it for a more dramatic night look. For the price, you really cannot beat this eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by smtiquia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nutty is an exceptional cool-toned taupe brown with subtle shimmer. It's so creamy and soft. It works as either a lid color or in the crease. I love pairing it with Wet 'N' Wild Brulee.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 4:54:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

When I got this I thought Satin Taupe was a bit more purple compared to this, but upon swatching both next to each other, it looks pretty similar. One HUGE difference apart from the insane price difference is that this is way softer and way more pigmented with the higher end brand. I hardly use any of my MAC and Urban Decay shadows anymore, Wet n Wild has perfected the eyeshadow formulation! Bought a ton of backups of this together with Brule. Both make up my everyday eye. Simple. Quick. Inexpensive. Great quality. Definitely a must buy.