September 18, 2014 | 1871 users online

Cleansers - St. Ives - Naturally Clear Green Tea Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i used that cleanser since the 90s! I use this one in the morning. Yes,they change a little bit the formula,it is more hydrating i find.wich i am happy about! So,overall it cleanse my face,hydrate my face,no hurt in my eyes whatsoever! It is great to rehydrate the face in the morning,fresh it up a little with some water...i use a little,you don't need that much,cause it foams well! Love the scent,the feel,the look after!then i put my st ives timeless skin collagen ellastin,my neostrata radiance cream and sometimes after my day outside,i use my vichy aqualia antiox...all those products does wonders combine together! Love my soft soap by st ives that doesn't dry out my skin!love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by PixieDust22791

waaay too harsh for my skin. it felt like a soap more than a face wash. irritated my skin and made it red. i'm sensitive, dry, oily t zone with break outs along my chin, and this stuff was lame!!! love the green tea scrub and the gentle invigorating scrub, but i hate the apricot scrub, it totally tears up your skin.
anyway it dried out my skin and just felt so cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by afranklin23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this cleanser! I had the worst breakout of my life last week. It lasted for two weeks. My entire chin and upper lip was a complete zitfest. OH it was horrible. I couldn't even cover it up with makeup the bumps were so red and big. I discovered this cleanser and instantly fell in love with it. After using it one time, the redness on my face was diminishing! I couldnt believe it. I use it twice a day, morning and night, with my Olay Pro-X cleansing tool. I've used it for a week now, and all of my zits are gone, and there's barely any signs that I had such a horrible break out. The smell is great and the package is nice, it has a lock on it which is good because it keeps the product from leaking. It is a bit drying, but if you apply moisturizer like you're supposed to, there is no sign of dryness at all. I will definitely keep using this product, nothing has ever worked so well or so fast. GO ST. IVES!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by sarahlen

This product is way too harsh/synthetic. I bought this because green tea really agrees with my skin but not under a mountain of chemical solvents and fragrance i wish i had read the back more carefully! this actually really reminds me of hand soap, it smells just as a strong and is just as harsh. My skin reacted badly not only did it look red and irritated but it caused an oil overdrive. My skin was so oily and i started to get massive pimples. fragrance or solvents are not always terrible but in this cleanser the combination of both in spades is not good in my opinion. This honestly discourages me from trying new things on my face because my skin wont be back to normal for at least a couple weeks!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by magpiesparkle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The only thing I don't like about this product is the smell, it's a bit odd. However, it does clean my skin nicely and doesn't really dry me out. I alternate this with a Neutrogena cleanser during the summer to keep my skin happy.

Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by blondie86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have mixed feelings about this cleanser, but overall I do like it and would buy it again. As other reviewers have said, it does dry out your skin a little bit, but that feeling is gone once I put my moisturizer on so it doesn't bother me much. I'd lost hope with a horrible breakout and felt like nothing would help clear it, then I bought this on a whim and I'm glad I did. This and their Green Tea scrub are quickly clearing my skin and I recommend both.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by PrettyReckless95

I wanted to like this product - I really did. I thought green tea and salicylic acid would be the perfect combination to combat my spots and redness, but it didn't work out for me at all. I've actually broken out a little more from using it. And yes, I've been using it in conjunction with the green tea scrub as well. It smells really yummy, though, which is a plus. The packaging is also quite good, because it's easy and you can always see how much you have left.
Overall though, this product really didn't do anything for me. Bit of a shame, I was pretty excited about trying it! Oh well.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by tricerat0psgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

The summer heat has recently made my rosacea flare up a bit. My redness deepened and I have been battling a nodule on my cheek that just swelled up and is not going away...lovely as that sounds... I use a basic cleanser with salicylic to keep everything in check, usually the Target brand version of the Neutrogena Deep Clean. I wanted something more gentle and the St. Ives cleanser seemed to hit the spot with the soothing and more importantly anti-inflammatory green tea. The first thing I loved about this stuff is that it cuts through makeup. It is the best treatment cleanser that also removes makeup cleanly; no time with makeup remover wipes beforehand required. The cleanser is indeed calming and my nodule has decreased in size tremendously. It doesn't strip my face and I experience zero tightness after cleansing. It lathers well although the consistency is thin and I use about 3 pumps at the end of the night. I haven't had any breakouts while using this product either. I don't love the scent of this product, it's a little artificially green tea scented but it's not enough to put me off and the fragrance doesn't take away from the efficacy of the product. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by cived

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the scrub, so I thought I'd try the facewash. It works REALLY well. It's cleared up my skin and makes it look fresh, and I love the smell. You can get it now with a different type of pump that you can lock - check out CVS or the grocery store. I only gave it 4 lippies because it's a bit drying, but I have really oily skin, and it's summer, so that's working for me for now.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by monicameowmeoww

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i have rly sensitive skin so it was a little scary using this but it did seem to reduce my redness but it makes my face a little tight but i only used it twice and it rly diminished the blackheads on my nose so im gonna stick it out and see if that tight feeling goes away