October 23, 2014 | 1428 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Healthy Look Creme Gloss Color

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by cassblondie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used Dark Blonde 7 Latte. My natural color is dark blonde, golden, and for the past 3 years I've been lightening and highlighting. My color was mostly light blonde. It's been looking very brassy... Even with maintenance, my hair had a visible orange tinge and looked kind of dull and fake shiny at the same time. I used this as a way to grow out the highlights and match my natural hair color.

The product works great for me! The application is good, the creme isn't too runny and it's easy to spread evenly. It is a little thin and takes some getting used to, but I just squeeze a smaller amount onto my hand and once it's on my hair, it doesn't run at all. Also, the smell isn't bad. I keep it on for 20 minutes. The color comes out even every time - no blotches :)

Word of caution: It is dark at first! In my experience, I've noticed that "dark blonde" usually turns out light brown, but this fades within a few weeks. Now the color is a dark blonde with golden blonde highlights. The best thing about this dye is NO RED! My hair usually pulls red (especially with Natural Instincts!), but this is a neutral color with a golden tinge. The color is so shiny and natural looking. It adds a lot of depth to my hair color. My hair feels soft and has very little extra frizz after I use this. I re-apply every 5 weeks and it always blends my dark roots and light ends together perfectly!

The great thing about this color is it really makes my blue eyes pop! Instead of competing with orangey platinum-ish hair, my eyes and complexion look much better. If you need to darken over-processed hair I highly recommend this dye!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've used this line of hair color 3 times and I'm loving the way it makes my hair look! I've received compliments on the richness of the color and how shiny my hair looks- which I never got when I was using permanent dye. This really does give my hair a "healthy look", so the name is fitting.

My natural hair is black brown but I had it highlighted with caramel highlights last year. When I wanted to go back to my natural color, I used 1 box of L'Oreal Healthy Look in Espresso and 1 box of Iced Chocolate and mixed them together (I have very long hair). The result was exactly the shade of deep black-brown that I was looking for!

Remember that your hair will end up about 2 shades darker than what the model's hair looks like on the box. Dry hair is porous, so it soaks up excess pigment and looks darker than the model's. Also, some people don't realize that semi-permanent dyes don't contain bleach so they can't lift (lighten) hair, they can only deposit pigment to make your hair color stay the same or darker.

You should dye your hair with this kit every 1 1/2 - 2 months to keep your hair color as vibrant as it was when you first dyed it, otherwise your color will look faded.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by PandaB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Run, don't walk away from this product! I used 6RR on my shoulder length dark blonde/light brown hair yesterday, which had about a year's of natural regrowth untouched by any hair products. I was aiming for "light auburn", just like the product is named and described. But, surprise! My hair is now dark purple! I used the product exactly as I was supposed to.

Today I called Loreal's helpline to see if there was any way to fix the problem and the woman I spoke with said to "get it fixed by a professional". Yikes! A horrendous product followed up with horrendous customer service. I'm SUPER pissed off.

Normally I would spend the money at a salon, but I have a new baby and was hoping to add a bit of colour without spending hours at the salon. Guess what? Now I have to spend hours at the salon getting it fixed anyway. Avoid this product like the plague! I will be avoiding all Loreal products now after this experience.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by slaston

This is my favorite of the big brand demi-permanents (28 shampoos); it does last about a month. It applies easily, albeit it's a bit messy, smells nice(!), and doesn't dry out my hair like others do. This basically leaves my hair in the same shape it is before I color it (nice and soft), whereas others leave it feeling like straw for several days afterward. Also, my skin is super sensitive, but my scalp doesn't get a tingly or burning feeling with this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by RavenOctober

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

So,I had level 9 cool toned blonde hair,and I used the shade 8 Golden Vanilla,and my hair turned DARK ash blonde. No semblance of gold,anywhere. My hair is in good shape tho,so that I'm thrilled about.
I may try this again,but a diff shade or much lighter one(tho they only really have 2 gold blonde shades available).
I think I'll just go back to Loreal's Excellence and Superior Preference.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Deelicious79

I just love this product! I colored my hair yesterday with it, and it turned out really, really nice. A couple of weeks ago, I used a discontinued brand of Clairol hair color (Balsam Color to be exact) and I had brought it on sale for $2.80. Well I applied it in my hair, it started out nice, but the grays came back within a week (guess I got what I paid for, or I suppose it was old color). So I looked around for a color that wasn't permanent and didn't damage my hair too much since I previously used a permanent hair color that lasted no time. I lucked up and saw Healthy Look, which was on sale for $5 (normally it runs about $9) and thought I would try it since it was demi permanent. I used shade #5 Medium Brown, and I'm about 10%-15% gray. My natural hair color is dark brown, but since my hair was already colored with a medium ash brown shade (which you must wait at least 2 weeks if you have a bad color job which was permanent and you must recolor again) along with the showing gray. For me, instead of leaving it in for 15 minutes for resistant gray, I left it in for 13 minutes so it won't look black instead of brown. And a good thing I did-my hair is a rich chocolate dark brown color and all the grays are gone! And the conditioner with the royal jelly made my hair so soft and shiny! To me, there wasn't too much of an odor to it, and even better-no damaging ammonia! I have yet to see if it really does last for 28 shampoos since I done it just yesterday, but so far so good I do like the results of this! My only downside to this is, I wish they would keep it at $5 per box and not sale it for $9, because I really do like the way this color turned out-it looks just like my natural before the attack of the grays!

Update: It's been about a whole month, and the grays are just now beginning to show, but not so terribly as with permanent color. It really does last 28 shampoos (1 month)! This hair color rocks for sure, and it definitely is much better than Natural Instincts anyday imho!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Tarheeloutwest

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My natural haircolor is a dark blonde/light brown and seriously, the grays I get sorta look like highlights from a distance. But I know they're gray, LOL. Trying to camouflage them for a change, I tried L'Oreal Healthy Look Creme Gloss Color in 8 1/2, White Chocolate. (Really? the shade number is a fraction? Wth?)

I like it. It has covered my grays for now and will surely wash out before any roots show (I hate it when roots show!) It smells ok and hasn't changed the texture of my hair. I left it on for the 15 minutes they recommend for "hard to cover" grays. I actually appreciate that it's a little bit faster than Natural Instincts. I get bored waiting for this stuff to work. Conditioner is fine. The price at WalMart was around $6.

This shade is close enough to my natural hair color that my family didn't even notice I had colored my hair. (What can I say? DH and DS don't notice much unless it's on ESPN) Two days afterwards, I finally asked my husband and he said "well, I did think you looked younger for some reason." Works for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by sablatt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm another former user of L'Oreal ColorSpa who has finally tried Healthy Look. (I had bought 16 boxes when I realized it was being discontinued, but finally ran out.) I was disappointed that the range of colors was so much more limited and I couldn't get a light copper similar to what I used before. So, I bought 7B (Dark Blonde) preferring to give up the red rather than to go dark. What a surprise to find that I have lost the red *and* gone dark. Dark Blonde is a solid brown. It's not a bad color, but I didn't want dark hair that is very different from the box. This is much darker than my natural hair.

If you try Healthy Look, GET A MUCH LIGHTER SHADE THAN YOU THINK YOU WANT!

I also miss the sweet smelling conditioner of ColorSpa. This one isn't terrible, but it's not particularly nice, either. I don't know why L'Oreal changed from a very nice product (rated 4.1 on MakeupAlley) to a poorer one (rated 3.1 on MakeupAlley).

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by BCP

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

honestly, I love this stuff.
naturally, as an ammonia free hair dye, it is going to be harder to find a colour for you that you'll like, I usually buy just the colour I want, it's going to be a tad darker but it's AMMONIA FREE, it fades and doesn't damage nearly as much! for me anyways

this left my hair silky, glossy, shiny and with a radiant brown shade for about 1-2 months. I loved it. used it many times with good results,
then I started to switch around and mix perm and not perm and my hair was a mess.. I needed to go to a salon to really fix my hair up.
next time I dye it, I'll be using this. just because I know it hasn't done anything wrong. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Titan2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I bought Extension and the blonde in the extension did not match the golden blonde in my hair. So I went and boight this at the drug store, Light Golden Blonde" to put on my extensions. I wanted a semi-perm so that if a changed my hair color, the dye on the extensions would eventually wash off. Holly F***ing pissed, it turned them a brassy light brown color and dried them out considerably. Not happy at all. I certainly hope that a little head& shoulders will remove most of the color. I had dye other extensions with a perm color and they looked way healthier after, compared to this. Do not buy this and definetly do not use this product to dye extensions.