April 24, 2014 | 1874 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Moisture Renew - Vintage Pink

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 7:55:00 AM More reviews by kaygal89

I love the moisturising glossy finish of this lipstick & the purple packaging. price is cheap yet the product is comparable to high end lippies. I HATE THE SMELL!! i usually dont mind highly scented products but this is just disgusting!! c'mon rimmel you put this on your lips, you should really tone done the artifical sickingly sweet powder rose smell. the smell lingers on your lips too which really detracts from this otherwise wonderful product. I swatched the color and knew i just had to buy this... its the perfect muted dusty pink color altho on my lips it has a slight purple undertone. Great for everyday & to accompany dramatic eyes without looking washed out for those who cannot pull of beige nudes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was Walgreens last night and Rimmel products were 50% off! So I decided to take a look at these lipstick as I love the formula....I saw this one and FELL in love with it the color is gorgeous...I put it back just because I am a nude/neutral gal BUT I couldn't walk away from it!!! so I decided to get it...I'm wearing it today I have gotten 2 compliments already...it's super wearable not super birght..and who can not love the formula??!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Walhalla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually don't have much to say about this lipstick. Vintage Pink is slightly darker than my natural lips color and works a lot better for me than Airy Fairy. But man, this stuff stinks and tastes so bad! I usually wear it with Maybelline's Born With It to tone done the smell/taste (a little), but I will never repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by empellinger

I really like the formula and packaging of this product but the color just didn't work on me. My lips are naturally pretty pinky-red and I guess that more of the purple tones don't work well. I will definitely try the Moisture Renew products again but maybe in my rosy colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 11:55:00 AM More reviews by hellodere

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the color and formulation of this lipstick! So pretty on my (I guess) neutral coloring. Few weeks ago I bought the long lasting lipstick in airy fairy, and while the color is nice the smell is just absolutely appaling to me. It's like Rimmel is trying to make a sweet scent but then it ends up smelling like some sort of medicine. Yikes!Therefore I was quite sceptical about this one, because no one mentioned that airy fairy smelled bad (because everone thinks it's good!?:S) This one doesn't have a great smell but it def doesn't make me wanna throw up like the lasting finishes. And to me it disappears when you apply it. Most people think the moisture renews smell appaling but I'm the other way around. To me the lasting finishes scent are even worse than the L'oreal and the nyx (the round). Just to warn anyone who wants the rimmel lipstick. Rimmel, please remove every scent from your products then no one would complain and more people would buy your products:)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2010 1:35:00 AM More reviews by hellofrankie

This lipstick is one of my favourites of all time. I'm on my second tube, have 2 as a backup and have bought more than 3 for friends.

The name says Pink Vintage but to me, the strongest color is not the pink but more of a rather a mixture of muted berry/purple brown and nude (it's a difficult color to really describe). You can build it up easily for a more dramatic night-time look. It's really moisturizing and never makes my lips flake.

In terms of lasting power, it's fair but not what I would call the best. It can last longer with a gloss (I top mine off with L'oreals Color Riche lipgloss in 720 Rich Plum).

The cons are the smell and the packaging. For the smell (a synthetic rose smell that almost stopped me from using it at first) can be taken away if you leave the lipstick without the cap on overnight. The smell will have faded to a slight scent, but only if you sniff it closely. As for the packaging, well I don't mind it too much, it is a nice royal purple but does feel cheap (a bit flimsy) to the touch. But as I always grab this on sale ($3.99 CAD), I'm not too picky about this (at least it has never broken on me, even when I dropped it a few times).

Definitely a color worth checking out! I love their whole moisture renew line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Victoiresecret

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love the formula of this! True, it does have a slight lipstick smell, but nothing nearly as over powering as most drugstore/ highend lippies. It goes on so smooth (like lipbalm almost) and it's somewhat moisturizing being it doesn't dry out the lips. The color is lovely and very pigmented without being too pigmented if you know what I mean. It goes on better than the mac lipsticks and way better than the lasting finish formula. You have to be careful with this color because it looks different on the lips than swatched on your hand or in the tube. On some people, it may be their natual color, on others, it may be a muted, slightly darker mauvy pink, but on me, it's like a toned down, very wearable barbie pink! The purple notes do show up more on my yellow toned NC25 skin, but like I said, very very wearable and the only "light colored" lipstick I can wear without washing me out. Love that has no shimmers too so that when it wears off, it doesn't dry out the lips or leave a weird gray cast to it. Love the purple packaging too...way prettier than the lasting finish lippies. Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with x3n below - Lovely, lovely colour, application is lovely, lasts OK, not drying but the chemical crayon smell bugs the beejeebers out of me - Rimmel, please make this colour in the Lasting Finish formula because that is just lovely. PLEASE!
EDIT: OK I added another lipstick because I do really adore this colour - if you leave the cap off for about 3 days, the obnoxious scent does dissipate quite a bit. It doesn't disappear completely but I can now use this with out freaking out over the yucky smell. Yay! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 10:50:00 PM More reviews by ex0ticbarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really like how this lipstick feels. It makes my lips feel really smooth and soft. I hate lipsticks that make my lips feel dry and this one doesn't at all. Plus if your lips are dry before, it doesn't accentuate the dryness. This lipstick is a pretty shade but on some days it looks more vibrant than others. I guess it's because of the way I do my make-up. For example if I'm wearing a lot of bronzer and peach blush, the lipstick will look great. But if I'm not wearing any bronzer and blush and I just leave my natural paleness to show, then this lipstick looks much brighter. It's a pretty vivid pink with a hint of purple and reminds me of the lipstick Barbie wears. It's definitely not a light frosty pink or anything Playboy Bunny-ish. I like to wear this alone when I'm going out clubbing at night but during the day I like to put some lighter lipgloss on it (Rimmel Vinyl Lipgloss in 'East End Snob') just to slightly tone down the purpleness. I can't remember what I paid for this lipstick since I bought it a while ago, but I don't think it cost too much. The packaging is great and hasn't cracked or broken. I'd probably repurchase it once I use it up.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2010 5:48:00 AM More reviews by karajade1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE this lippy!! Iv looked every where for a more skin tone with a hint of pink and iv found it! Perfect if you want to add just a little colour to your lips without being to dramatic.

Will deffinatly buy again! On sale at the moment too. WIN! :)