E.L.F. Cream Eyeliner - All Colors

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Isododecane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polybutene, Polyethylene, Barium Sulfate, Cyclomethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Propylene Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Mica (CI 77019), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarine Violet (CI77077).

on 11/24/2013 3:35:00 AM

This is a great price compared to most cream eyeliners. The only reason I gave only 3 is because it does smudge and gets in the crease of your eye. So I wouldn't wear it for a night out or when you'll get hot.

on 11/23/2013 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE iT !!! I bought this at Target for $3 I was impressed there is a lot of this product in the little jar as soon as I applied it I knew I loved it goes on so smoothly and I love how it drys fast! So when you blink or look up it won't leave a black line on eyelid like most gel eyeliners! I have oily skin and this eyeliner last all day long without smudging ! One thing I don't like is the brush it comes with I don't use it any way but I defiantly recommend this!!

on 11/22/2013 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Selected shades: black, coffee

Pros

- opaque
- stay on
- creamy

Cons

- dries quickly

Comments: Love these! They stay put all day. Coffee is great to define the brows. I have oily skin and this stuff does not budge! They're creamy, but they set pretty fast. Once they set, though...you're good to go.

Will repurchase.

on 11/8/2013 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love this liner. Creamy, wears for 6+ hours without smudging, and great for tightlining. My favorite liner of all time!(: I have it in "Black." Xoxo<3

on 11/2/2013 2:55:00 PM

My new favorite eyeliner! I love it. It is a nice creamy consistency so it goes on very smoothly and easily. After I apply it, I apply a dark shadow over it to blend it a bit because it is very pigmented (I got it in black). I haven't had any of the smudging problems that others have mentioned. You do have to make sure you clean the brush every day, because any product left on the brush will dry up and make the brush hard and crusty. I will definitely buy this again.

on 10/30/2013 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought this cream liner in black on a whim because it was cheap compared to the L'Oreal Infallible Gel Liner I used everyday at the time. I really like the angled brush it came with. It's a lot easier to create a cat eye with that brush compared to the flat brush that the L'Oreal gel liner came with. The actual liner is very pigmented and goes on smoothly. However, I have to set it with a matte black eyeshadow, or else it will smudge all over my eyelids. That fact aside, it's pretty good, especially for $3!

on 10/29/2013 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in black and gunmetal and while I think they go on very easily (regardless of the hard to use brush they come with), they smudge like crazy on my oily lids (and I'm not even that oily!) They smudge even I wear a cream shadow base! I cannot wear them if I am going to have a long day and need my makeup to last for 10-12 hours.

I bought them in January of this year and I think they're already dried up. I can see the product coming away from the packaging. It's not a huge bummer, considering they were $3 each but I recommend spending a few extra bucks and buying the Loreal Infallible Lacquer Liners instead.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This was the first eyeliner I purchased that wasn't in a pencil or marker form. It only costs three dollars and comes well-packaged (ELF always seems to have very impressive and professional packaging for such an affordable brand) in a little glass cube and matte black twist-off cap. It even came with a little angled eyeliner brush tucked in the packaging. I know it comes in quite a few shades, but I just tuck with plain ol' black.

I used this eyeliner to layer over my pencil, building on it to intensify the look. It's really creamy and very pigmented. It's actually almost too creamy; I can see it transferring easily, especially if you have oily lids. I wouldn't recommend this on your waterline, either, because I can see it smudging very easily after a couple hours of wear.

I do like it though, it's very easy to apply, looks great, and it's made me want to experiment with other cream and gel liners of the same type. I would recommend it to someone who wants to experiment without splurging, or anyone who just needs a good black liner.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Pros:

1. Great variety of colors to choose from.

2. Affordable pricing.

3. Vegan and doesn't test on animals.

Cons:

1. Smudges. I like using black liner on the top lids of my eyes for a cat eye look. After I apply this, it looks good for about an hour or so, sometimes longer (has made it up to about 3 hours). But EVERY TIME I wear it, I end up with black smudges all over my eyelids. This happens every time, without fail. It's just a matter of how long until this occurs. These smudges are very difficult to get off, too. I don't feel comfortable wearing this liner in public.

2. Packaging. There is about as much product as a Physicians Formula one. However, PF uses way less plastic/glass and has a much smaller container. I think ELF tries to make it look like there is more liner in there than there actually is.

Comments:

I didn't like this liner. I simply cannot deal with the smudging. I am going back to Essence gel eyeliner. They are also about $3 and their lasting power sure as heck beats this. I wanted to try ELF because I like what the company stands for.

on 9/18/2013 5:12:00 PM

I bought this eyeliner at least three months ago and used it once. I actually forgot I owned it so yesterday I looked up the reviews for it and decided I would use it at school today. That was not a good idea!! Random black chunks fell out all over my face and it made one of my eyes burn all day! It was great to apply and it looked really good for about two hours, but after that it just looked terrible. I usually love all of the elf products but this one was not for me