July 28, 2014 | 1216 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Creamy Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Man, I'm loving this stuff!! I've never used a cream foundation before, but so far, this stuff is the bomb! I purchased shade number 200, Creamy Natural, or something like that, and it is the perfect match for my fairish skin tone with slight yellow undertones (I'm pretty neutral, as far as colors that look best on me, IMO). What I love about this foundation is 1. It's the first foundation that I've purchased that I prefer to apply with a brush...I use my Studio Tools dual fiber brush, and frankly, it's fun to apply this way, and it finishes very nicely. When I'm done, I can't get over how alive and glowing my skin looks! It wears well for me too. I've got oily skin, but I wear it over a primer, and I haven't noticed any sliding, caking, or settling into my lines. Also, I'm 43, so maybe this works well for "mature" skin. Anyway, I purchased this with my CVS extra bucks this week, so I got it for free. I'd certainly repurchase if I run out....but I have hardly needed any to get the look I like, so this is going to last me a very long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2010 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Rory90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

What I love about this foundation is that it is so easy to apply (with your fingers or the sponge), it feels comfortable.
If you have dry skin, this might be the perfect product for you.

The coverage is light, it does not cover rednesses, but it gives a natural finish. Its very practical to carry with you in your handbag and refresh your make up every now and then.
I often use compact powder over it so my skin does not look shiny.
I will not buy it again because it caused me impurities, guess it contains oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2010 4:35:00 AM More reviews by therealficolley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I never used to bother with foundation but there comes a time in a woman's life she might need a bit of extra help to not look like one of the undead of a morning. I'm not a huge Maybelline fan but this is really excellent. I don't need a huge amount of coverage and this provides just enough. As the name says, it's creamy. It glides on very well and blends beautifully and stays put all day. Not one for you acne proned ladies perhaps but if your skin runs to normal or dry then I highly recommend it. Packaging is nothing special but you can't have everything and it is drugstore cheap. I would definately buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by xleighx

LOVE this product, it glides on so easily and gives a really sliky finish to my skin. If you like Benefits 'some kinda gorgeous', you will like this. tbh i think this product is better than Benefits, as there are more shades to choose from and its a third of the price! The packaging can be annoying but its not a big deal for me. I took away a lipstick because it only gives light to medium coverage, but i don;t want full coverage when its hot, so i use this as my summer foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2010 5:06:00 AM More reviews by alina83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is first solid-to-liquid foundation I've ever tried, on a whim because I've been having trouble matching shades and I can't afford MAC :/ Anyway this in nude was perfect for my light beige (Asian) skin tone. It's great because it's super hydrating without being oily. Packaging is great because the applicator is kept in a separate compartment.

One negative is that the coverage is wayyy too light. It isn't for people looking to cover blemishes. It gives a matte effect so no sparkles and has a tendency to look dull if you don't add highlighters. Also, there's not enough product! It's so light you tend to layer on and I can't see mine lasting more than a month :/ However because it matches my skin I would re-buy this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by elkii

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Loved this foundation! I bought it in 2 shades not knowing which would suit but discovered 02 was the nearest to my pale irish skin! Goes on great with the sponge, I dab it on rather than drag the sponge across my face and it goes on very well and stays on a surprisingly long time, I will definitely be buying it again. I would use a heavier foundation for going out but this is a great everyday foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2010 3:01:00 PM More reviews by terriv13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Is this only available in the U.K., etc.? I haven't seen it here in the States, and I noticed that all the reviewers weren't from the U.S.. I hope Maybelline introduces this here in the US!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by vilkku

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation.It wasn't 'moisturizing' like it's supposed to be, but it didn't make my skin drier and I felt my skin could still 'breathe' thru it.
The packaging is ok, nice compact size. They could've added a mirror though. Everyone here seems to hate the sponge that came with the foundation but I actually liked it.
Overall, a really nice foundation. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 2:54:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm N15 and use shade 04 Light Porcelain.

OMG: It's finally happened, Maybelline have produced a UK foundation shade that is actually light enough for me to wear*

Double OMG: It is perfect for drier skinned MU addicts.

DREAM CREAMY FOUNDATION is just sublime. It's so light and silky to apply, so blending is easy. Once blended, the results are a smooth satin finish, with medium coverage (it can provide fuller coverage with layering).

I've found it to be transfer resistant, another plus. I've worn with a primer, without one, with powder and alone; It is long lasting and gives a natural, un-cakey look any way I wear it.

Finally; This hasn't oxidized on me. I've tried several other Maybelline foundations and loved them at first, but there always came a point when I'd catch my reflection and be horrified by the Jersey Shore reject looking back at me.

Like other reviewers have noted; You don't get a lot of product, but you don't need to thickly gloop it on, so it'll last 2/3 months with almost daily use, so I'm not complaining.

I think the packing is very hygienic. The sponge is in the flip-top half (sometimes I use it, sometimes not. It depends on how much cover I want), while the actual foundation is in the screw-lid half.

* The colours all apply lighter then they look in the container.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Adriana265

I love Maybelline products, but finding a colour match is a nightmare for me. I'm an NC30-35, yellow undertoned. Most of Maybelline's foundations run very pink or orange *dream matte mousse ahem*. I was able to find a near-perfect colour match with Dream Creamy foundation though! I use the shade 'nude' which is rather yellow toned and matches my skin pretty well. The shade nude in the dream matte mousse foundation was too pink/peach for me, but this one is good.

I had seen the advert for Dream Creamy foundation, with it promising flawless and smooth skin, like a baby, and although sceptical, I purchased it. I have normal-combo skin so I figured it would be okay for me. I've read several reviews saying this made people oily....I've honestly never had that problem. I don't even set this with powder and I don't get oily.

So, as with the Dream Matte Mousse, the Dream Creamy foundation comes in a glass container. This one is more flat, and a lot wider. It also has a flip lid on the other side, which holds the free sponge, shaped like a rounded triangle. This lid screws off to access the foundation which is cleanly held inside. I personally don't like the packaging - they wasted space adding the little compact section where you can hold the sponge. It just adds bulk. (BTW, I don't even use the sponge)

This foundation feels nice on my skin. I only need to take three wipes from the pot with my fingers, and I can do my whole face. It covers my skin well - natural coverage, but still provides coverage. You can build up on any blemishes you may have too - this is a very buildable foundation. If I want slightly heavier coverage, I just put a few more wipes on my face. It doesn't cake or streak. Blends super easily too.

The foundation itself is very lightweight, I can't tell I can anything on because it just feels like my skin, not a mask. Several reviewers have said this leaves them dewy...I don't get a dewy look. I just get a normal satin finish. It lasts on me all day and doesn't sweat off. I don't usually wear makeup to work, but I wanted to try the lasting power of this. So I got up at 4AM, applied this, went to work until 7PM, and it was still on. Bare in mind that I'm a nurse...so I'm constantly on my feet and rushing around. Even still, my foundation was still intact!

It doesn't have that orangey tinge that you get with most foundations, and doesn't oxidize throughout the day. I tried several of the tester shades for this...sand is very pink toned, and the other shades above that were peachy or peachy pink toned. I also own the darkest shade which is Sun Beige....I wear it when I've got fake-tan on. It's still a good match, just a bit more peach undertoned. So although it does come in a variety of colorus, they are mainly fairly pale shades. So I would definately say it is more for people who have that milky sort of complexion. If you have major spots, then maybe this isn't the best foundation, but if you only have minimal blemishes like me, this would be perfect.

I haven't had any breakouts or irritation since using this - and I have very sensitive breakout prone skin.

At the price it is - £7.99 - it's a bit expensive, especially considering that there's not much product provided either. But I think it's worth it :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No