September 14, 2014 | 2105 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Stiletto Voluptuous Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by rohhsahh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

i first got it because tha packaging was so different..i tried it and loved it..but i found that this product smudges..even tho i got tha waterproof version, it smudged. it didnt smudge wen i went underwater but wen im dancing.i went to a concert n it smudged after only 4 hrs. i would buy this product again only because it holds my stubborn Asian eyelashes and thickens an okay amount, but i try and put a good smudgeproof mascara on top

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by cindy8795

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Did not like this! It made my lashes look okay i guess, but would not remove for anything!! Not with soap/water, makeup remover, nothing. It weakened my lashes so much and made them extremley brittle. I am warning you, if you don't feel like taking 30 minutes to remove your mascara, do not get this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 7:54:00 PM More reviews by aznsunchiq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this when I was at Rite-Aid and they were having a 40% off all Maybelline products PLUS I had a $2 off coupon. I was using CoverGirl lashblast waterproof; but was running low but thought, what the heck. I haven't had that great of experiences with Maybelline mascaras (or foundations, but thats another story). The best one I used was Maybelline Illegal Lengths that was discontinued. Anyway, I bought this because of the coupons and specials;and also i as hoping it would be another Illegal Lengths. What a surprise; reading reviews I wasn't expecting the best; but unlike the LashBlash, the brush was thin, and so I was able to reach lashes that i couldn't reach before with the gargantuan LashBlash brush. It fanned my lashes well, and did an incredible job of lengthening with a bit of volume (didn't care too much about volumizing; but that was a plus!). I also have straight, sparse, stubborn Asian lashes, but this mascara held my curl incredibly well (most likely due to the fact that it is a waterproof formula). The package is just the icing on the cake; love how it looks like a heel; since I love wearing heels as well. But the thing with mascara's is; it seems to be an individual thing. For me, with oily skin and sparse, stubborn Asian lashes, it did amazing. No smudging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

AMAZING, well-rounded mascara that holds through a lot of sweating and exercise. I wore this while traveling in Asia and since I spent much of the time sweating there, I was impressed that this never came off, flaked or gave me raccoon eyes. I don't like much volume and it didn't give me any, but it did give me very well-defined, long and best of all, un-clumpy lashes. The formula is still smooth and un-clumpy months after I got it (despite the fact that I'm running out).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by princess101

I cannot say enough good things about this mascara. I have a hard time finding mascaras that will not only hold a curl, but give sparse asian lashes some length and volume AND not smudge on my oil-prone face. This mascara fits the bill perfectly for me. I am not a big fan of the packaging, as it tacky, but it's also really easy to find in my sea of mascara tubes because of the bright red. The wand is something that needs to worked with---I use one side to volume and flip it over before the second coat to give length.

**I've currently been using the wand from the Voluminous Mascara by L'oreal with this mascara formula which has given me excellent results. It's a shame i can't find a HG mascara from either company.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2010 12:30:00 AM More reviews by lovelixir

I've tried a bunch of different mascaras, and so far this is the best one for me in terms of performance and price. Right off the bat I noticed its lengthening effect on my lashes (originally short, straight, and somewhat sparse), and it holds a curl extremely well. I would love a little bit more volumizing action, but it's good enough for every day. I also like the shape of the brush because it can coat all of my lashes, and it's slim so it doesn't make a huge mess during application (unlike the brush of CG Lash Blast).

The price is alright for a drugstore product, though I always try to get it when it's on sale. I will definitely buy again (I'm on my 2nd tube now) and though I will still try other mascaras as part of my search for the true HG, it's nice to know that there's at least 1 affordable mascara that I can depend on. Hopefully Maybelline won't discontinue this, like they did with Lash Stylist.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by beatcity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love this mascara. its between Colossal Volum' Express and Lash Stiletto. this brush is a stroke of genius. the s-curve grabs every lash and curls them upwards. it even reaches my tiny inner lashes and lengthens my outermost ones. its fairly pigmented, and holds curls for HOURS without touch up. i would definitely buy this again, its worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Annagraham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Another disappointment in my search for the HG. This mascara advertised dramatic length and impactful volume. I got reasonable length, but nothing too spectacular. It looks more impressive from my side profile than from my front. I didn't notice any volume, but there were no clumps. I did not notice any smell, and I really did like the packaging. Cute for an d/s mascara. Other than that, I didn't think there was anything spectacular about this. Just an average mascara.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 7:59:00 AM More reviews by alliebeth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been struggling to find a mascara that doesn't irritate my eyes and looks nice (doesn't smudge, flake, mega-clump).

On the upside, this mascara didn't irritate my eyes into an itchfest. That was the only positive (and enough of one that I really tried to make it work).

On the downside, the clumping was horrid (even after combing, my husband asked about it, and he hasn't commented about any of the mascaras I've tried), and it smudged quite easily, giving the smokey eye look on one lid or the other.

I gave it 2 lippies because of the lack of irritation, but the appearance (clumping, smudging) was pretty lousy. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by stickbugs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Okay mascara for me.
It's waterproof, but not smudge-proof. I'd always end up with black smudges and flakes under my eyes at the end of the day.
It's also a clumpy and dry (especially on my bottom lashes), doesn't go on very smooth, and doesn't give that much volume.