Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara

3.5

Water, carnauba wax, silica, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutane, stearic acid, oleic acid, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, hydrolyzed soy protein, lauroyl lysine, acacia senegal, pvp/polycarbamyl polyglycol ester, peg-8 beeswax, panthenol, lecithin, simethicone, propylene glycol, hydroxyethylcellulose, caprylyl glycol, sodium hyaluronate, benzyl alcohol, trisoidum edta, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben. May Contain: iron oxides, mica, titanium dioxide, busmuth oxychloride, chromium hydroxide green, manganes violet, chromium oxide greens, carmine, ultramarines, ferric ferrocyanide.

on 12/3/2012 3:13:00 AM

I quite like this mascara, and am surprised it doesnt have a higher rating.

I initially received this in a gift with purchase, tried it once and wasn't wowed by it, and tossed it in the drawer never to be seen again (..until a year later). I started using Diorshow Extase in the meantime, which I LOVE. But it started drying out after a few months and I needed some "oomph" in my lashes for a night out. That's when I re-discovered the Lash Doubling mascara stashed away in my makeup drawer. I threw a coat on over my extase and WOW...looked like a set of fake lashes! My eyes just popped! The formula was still very fresh/not dry at all after a year of not being opened. After a week of wear, I have received quite a few complements on my lashes.

However, I now realize that there is a bit of skill/technique needed to apply this mascara properly and get that eye-popping look it's capable of creating. The formula is a bit watery, and the brush is slimmer and narrower in shape - so the implications of this are if you don't apply it properly/carefully enough it can separate your lashes too much and give you the spidery lash look. So amateur mascara-applyers beware.

If you have trouble with watery mascaras or narrower brushes, I would suggest the Clinique the High Impact Mascara or High Definition Lashes mascaras - as they are easier to apply and use for day to day use. However, this one does have a bit more of a "wow" effect than the other two.

In summary: Lash Doubling definitely makes your lashes look longer, separates them and is a very rich, deep, beautiful shade of black.

on 11/21/2012 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

A great quality mascara and I will repurchase it for sure!

on 11/10/2012 8:15:00 AM

Good mascara for those who are not looking for dramatic look.
Lasts long time.

on 11/5/2012 12:04:00 AM

This mascara does wonders! I used to have very short eyelashes. In fact they were so short that I couldn't even curl them! But after using this mascara 2-3 times a week, my lashes got longer and appear to be more volumized. And I can now curl my lashes! Unfortunately this mascara does not hold curls very well. However if you need to lengthen your lashes, this will definitely help.

on 10/18/2012 7:59:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

It looks like people are pretty divided on this mascara. Anyway, I like it. It doesn't give me spider eyes. The right amount comes out on the brush. I have this in black and it is my go to mascara for the day. It really enhances my lashes and makes them stand out.

This mascara clumps wayyyyyy too much. The final look using this product is just not very pretty and it looks like you have too much black mess on your eyelashes. Even my fiance, who usually does not notice anything different with my makeup, made a comment about how it looks so 'cakey.' Will not be repurchasing.

This mascara clumps so bad! I curled my lashes and applied the mascara, after one coat I looked like I had four eyelashes. This stuff is not worth the money, this mascara is worse than Falsies by Maybelline New York.

on 10/3/2012 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I think this is an amazing product if you want a defined, lengthened look. I personally love this mascara, but it is a little deceiving because it does not do much in the way of lash doubling. I find that if you use it, then let it dry out for a little and come back to it. I find it gives a really pretty look if you do that. Is it as great as Lights, Camera! Lashes? No. I would choose that over this in a heartbeat, but this is great if you want a defined, lengthened, but not completely natural lash look.

on 9/28/2012 9:39:00 PM

the packaging is fine. its nice and slim so would fit well in a purse
its around 14.50- which isnt too bad for a higher end mascara but its not worth it. You go through mascara so quickly and its unsanitary to use the same one for a long period of time, so theres no point on shelling out money.
I love wet mascaras but this is a like a slip and slide. it is so wet that it transfers unto my brow bone and its hard to remove even with makeup remover.
It clumps the lashes together, its not chunky and gross looking, its looks more like false lashes

This mascara stings so much. I apply it and afterwards i can hardly open my eye. even after wearing it for three hours it continued to sting so badly that i removed it at work with handsoap from the bathroom, and even that felt relieving on my eye

I cannot recommend this. No volume, super wet, irritating and definitely not worth the money.

on 9/22/2012 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am very surprised at all of the negative reviews for this product. I have read multiple reviews which say that this gives lashes a very "natural" look, and would only be appropriate for daytime--that you couldn't get a dramatic look with this mascara.

Here's why people say that (and it happens to be the reason I LOVE this mascara): This mascara does not clump whatsoever. It doesn't make the tips of your eyelashes thick and crispy like so many other mascaras out there. I think people are so used to the caked on, spidery eyelash look that they are disappointed when their lashes look REAL. It will take two coats to get it to the "dramatic" level, but the result is stunning.

Another reason I love this mascara is because of the brush. The tapered point is perfect for separating lashes and shaping the overall look, as well as getting those bottom lashes.

Bottom line is, I love this mascara, and I will repurchase!