Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara

3.5

Water, carnauba wax, silica, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutane, stearic acid, oleic acid, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, hydrolyzed soy protein, lauroyl lysine, acacia senegal, pvp/polycarbamyl polyglycol ester, peg-8 beeswax, panthenol, lecithin, simethicone, propylene glycol, hydroxyethylcellulose, caprylyl glycol, sodium hyaluronate, benzyl alcohol, trisoidum edta, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben. May Contain: iron oxides, mica, titanium dioxide, busmuth oxychloride, chromium hydroxide green, manganes violet, chromium oxide greens, carmine, ultramarines, ferric ferrocyanide.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I'm not a big mascara wearer, or a big eye makeup wearer at all. This mascara was pretty on, but it felt too heavy and stiff and it runs like mad when your eyes water or cry. It's alslo difficult to reach the corners with the wand. I'm sure there are lots of mascaras out there that do better.

on 12/27/2012 4:23:00 PM

I got this product from my mom and I do not like this mascara because it weighs my lashes down so basically curling my lashes is pointless. I think it would be great for someone who has lashes that do work with wet mascaras. But when it dries it it's not the greatest for layering because it gets flaky. I use it for layering under my covegirl lash blast mascara. I don't like this mascara and will not purchase this again.

on 12/10/2012 2:53:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I like this mascara. It gives me about the same lashes as L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black, except with a tiny bit less volume and more length. A cross between these 2 mascaras would be the best.

on 12/8/2012 9:20:00 AM

This is THE BEST mascara I've tried, my go-to, my holy grail! and I'm sooo surprised that it's not a highly raved product!

To begin with, my lashes are quite long and curly among asian girls. But they are not all that visible from distance, that is a few meters away. But with this mascara, my lashes are very visible from distance(say 5 meters?). Pretty cool

It gives beautiful lashes. It mainly lengthens my lashes, and it also holds curls very very well, a whole day without dropping at all!!! I usually get away without using my curler and just swipe this mascara on in an upward motion and helps curl my lashes and I'm very satisfied with the effect. Of course, the result is even better when I use a curler. The lashes are also very natural-looking. Not good if you are looking for drama, but for an everyday mascara, work/school-appropriate, this is it. And it doesn't smudge(Or perhaps it's because it holds curl too well and my lashes don't touch my under eye area at all).

It can be cleansed away easily which is a bit of a surprise. Cuz usually mascara that holds curl well is a nightmare to wash off. The Bioderma Sensibio H20(I'm not very sure about the name) can do it and that one is not a very strong makeup remover(considering that you need to work your way if you wanna get rid of the Revlon ColorStay eye liners). Just soak ur cotton pad with some remover, pad it on for 5 seconds, then wipe away, 90% gone. The rest, you can just use some Q-tips to remove any residue.

My tube is actually not a full size one, but a 2ml sample size one. I've been using it for 6 months now which seem like a lot of time. Then again, I don't wear makeup everyday cuz my school doesn't allow makeup, so I can only get to use it during weekends. But Still in 6 months time, it hasn't dried a bit, still in amazing condition which is awesome.

Will I repurchase this? Well, not in any time soon. Cuz I don't wanna spend the money on a full size Clinique mascara when I can't use it up, it's not a drugstore brand after all. But in the future, when I'm in uni and can wear makeup on a daily basis, I will definitely repurchase this. Unless I have second thoughts and wanted to try out some more clinique mascaras, I heard they are all quite good.

Cons? I can't think of any, it's just soo amazing and I love it.

on 12/3/2012 3:13:00 AM

I quite like this mascara, and am surprised it doesnt have a higher rating.

I initially received this in a gift with purchase, tried it once and wasn't wowed by it, and tossed it in the drawer never to be seen again (..until a year later). I started using Diorshow Extase in the meantime, which I LOVE. But it started drying out after a few months and I needed some "oomph" in my lashes for a night out. That's when I re-discovered the Lash Doubling mascara stashed away in my makeup drawer. I threw a coat on over my extase and WOW...looked like a set of fake lashes! My eyes just popped! The formula was still very fresh/not dry at all after a year of not being opened. After a week of wear, I have received quite a few complements on my lashes.

However, I now realize that there is a bit of skill/technique needed to apply this mascara properly and get that eye-popping look it's capable of creating. The formula is a bit watery, and the brush is slimmer and narrower in shape - so the implications of this are if you don't apply it properly/carefully enough it can separate your lashes too much and give you the spidery lash look. So amateur mascara-applyers beware.

If you have trouble with watery mascaras or narrower brushes, I would suggest the Clinique the High Impact Mascara or High Definition Lashes mascaras - as they are easier to apply and use for day to day use. However, this one does have a bit more of a "wow" effect than the other two.

In summary: Lash Doubling definitely makes your lashes look longer, separates them and is a very rich, deep, beautiful shade of black.

on 11/21/2012 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

A great quality mascara and I will repurchase it for sure!

on 11/10/2012 8:15:00 AM

Good mascara for those who are not looking for dramatic look.
Lasts long time.

on 11/5/2012 12:04:00 AM

This mascara does wonders! I used to have very short eyelashes. In fact they were so short that I couldn't even curl them! But after using this mascara 2-3 times a week, my lashes got longer and appear to be more volumized. And I can now curl my lashes! Unfortunately this mascara does not hold curls very well. However if you need to lengthen your lashes, this will definitely help.

on 10/18/2012 7:59:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

It looks like people are pretty divided on this mascara. Anyway, I like it. It doesn't give me spider eyes. The right amount comes out on the brush. I have this in black and it is my go to mascara for the day. It really enhances my lashes and makes them stand out.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This mascara clumps wayyyyyy too much. The final look using this product is just not very pretty and it looks like you have too much black mess on your eyelashes. Even my fiance, who usually does not notice anything different with my makeup, made a comment about how it looks so 'cakey.' Will not be repurchasing.