Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish

3.8

on 8/7/2013 7:41:00 AM

I found it hard to choose a particular colour so I bought Cear'd for Takeoff and thought i would use it either on its own or as a top coat. For the high price (approx $17AU) I don't think this product is anything too special. After having my nails done professionally I'd have to say that this does fall short of a complete salon manicure. Another negative I found was that it had such a strong smell! I dont usually find that other nail polishes bother me but this one smelt so strong! I didn't find that the polish lasted much longer than any other polish I'd use. Does have a nice shiny finish though. Would recommend Rimmell, dry in 60 seconds (only about $8AU) over this product.

on 7/29/2013 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i have this product in "red my lips" and i totally love it its a dark red and the more layers on the polish you add to your nail it gets darker and i totally love that and this nail polish never chips!! I'll have it on for weeks and not have one chip LOVE IT

on 7/12/2013 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have this in two shades and the formula is fab - glossy, opaque with one coat, and dries superfast. The one I love is Terracotta - don't let the name fool you - it is a straight camel colour and is ultra chic and neutral and goes with anything - gives the true 1970's mannequin hands. I am very fair and yellow toned and this works for me as it looks a tad peachy but at times looks a bit too ochre/mustard yellow so might be a perfect nude for darker more yellow skintones. The other shade I have is mudslide which is too cooltoned for me to wear - the hunt continues for a shade that works for me in this product - I love the formula anyway so rate it highly in that aspect and it wears well and stands up to domestic chores/dishes etc with minimal chipping so gotta love that.

on 7/7/2013 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

love, love, love.
-All I did was push back my cuticles, and clean my nails with rubbing alcohol, apply 2 coats and done.
-It's been a week and the polish is just starting to get stress cracks, but no chips.

Update: makes my nails peel if I use it for weeks on end.

on 6/28/2013 1:39:00 PM

I got it in Midnight in NY, and it is very thin. It has pretty little sparkles in it and requires atleast 3 coats for a complete black. It doesnt dry up all that quick too. The brush is a bit different and I dont like it too much. It stays chip-free for about 3-4 days without a topcoat. For a 8$ price, I think they could do a bit better.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Oh my gosh. Wow. Everything is perfect. The colours. The packaging. The brush. The chip resistance. The finish. Everyone needs to try this polish. In love. Is it illegal to marry nail polish?

on 5/27/2013 5:49:00 PM

Sally Hansen products have completely sucked for me in the past. They chip within hours and do not even begin to last. I came across the "Shell We Dance" color and didn't realize it was Sally Hansen before buying it but I decided to give it a try anyway. Shell We Dance is a very light pink nude color, I usually pick these colors because they are the only ones I can wear because I am in the military.

I have to say I am totally suprised with the quality. I use it with Gelous Nail Gel as a base coat and put this on top of it, and it lasts me for 5 days without chipping. Not to mention the color is gorgeous. BUY IT!

I just purchased this in "Hot Lava". It's soooo pretty for spring/summer. It is a bright orange with a goldish-orange glittery flake. I did two coats over a clear base and it is so bright and shimmery. Looks great with a tan! This color applied smoothly and dried well. It's smooth and shiney even without a topcoat. I love these complete manicure polishes!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this polish. I have 'arm candy' which is a light pink. The shape of the bottle is very easy to hold onto, and the rubber part on the wand is a lovely and helpful addition. A lot of people are commenting that the brush is too big, but it's perfect for my nails, even for my pinkies, which I consider on the small side. As for the 'too much' or 'too little' polish complaints, as long as you load the polish on the brush properly by swiping it on the side of the bottle, you shouldn't have any issues. When I put the first coat on you could barely see it which had me a wee bit worried, but once I put the second coat on, the colour came out and it turned out quite lovely. With this colour, I'd be able to get away with two coats, but I put on three just to see how much stronger the colour would turn out. I'll probably stick to two coats in the future. Usually when I'm buying a new brand I only buy one colour to test out. I'm definitely going back and buying a few more colours that I was eyeing at the store :)

on 5/6/2013 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

- A bit expensive in my country (14 euros)

+ lasts long
+ good texture (easy to apply, not too thick nor too watery)
+ full-bodied color