October 23, 2014 | 937 users online

Lip Gloss - Maybelline - Shine Sensational

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I have this in the crushed candy flavor and I like it. You get a hint of taste which isn't very powerful (like not sickeningly sweet). It has a candy-cane flavor that's pretty mild. It's very sheer but I like the formula. Adds shine (not a whole lot but that's fine), is pretty smooth. I could see it kinda also kinda smelling borderline plastic-y, but since it's mild it's pretty faint. I would probably get this at Walmart next time since I find they run a little higher at drugstores.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by mad904

I've had three of these-

Tempting Toffee- My favorite! Smells great and looks great on my lips. Its like a brown with just a little purple.

Glamorous Guava- Very pretty color, a light pink. Cant really see it though.

Sparkling Grape- I love this one, a sparkly purple color, also looks great on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by hearts317

I have a great shade/flavor called crushed candy and it tastes great and it very sparkly!! i really like it! Highly reccommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by shirl195

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

got this in sweet indulgence, and it smells like a very artificial buttercream frosting. pigmentation is very sheer as noted, and the shimmer is more of a pearlized effect rather than sparkly. gives the lips a nice pearlescent sheen. i liked the one reviewer's description- makes my lips look like its painted with moonglow. not long lasting, but half as tacky as a mac lipglass, only very slightly stickier than a victoria's secret lipgloss, but similar. if it's on sale, i recommend you give it a whirl, i certainly found it better than covergirl's fruit spritzer which was basically a clear gloss with big glitter flecks

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2010 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Makeuplovurxo

This is my favorite and go to lipgloss !
Pigmentation is okay. Sheer. but not the worst.
It is not dry on your lips, nice and moisturizing.
It is not sticky AT ALL. Which I adore ! I HATE sticky lipglosses , so this lipgloss is a MUST for me !
There is a little shimmer, but you can barely notice it once it's on your lips. All and all I LOVE THIS LIPGLOSS <3

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by blueberryfrost

I'd been wanting to try these for a while. I saw these in the clearance bin at Walgreens for $1 each, so I grabbed each of the four flavors they had there on sale. I got - Crazy for Caramel, Sparkling Grape, Tempting Toffee, and Treat Me Sweet. Crazy for Caramel is kind of a peachy color in the tube with golden shimmer flakes, it applies clear. It smells like a really cheap dollar store caramel pudding (LOL). Sparkling Grape is a darkish fuschia purple-pink with shimmer in the tube, and this one actually leaves a slight pink tint on my lips. It smells like Welch's grape juice, this is my favorite of the four. Tempting Toffee is a mauvey-pinky brown in the tube, with no shimmer, and very sheer nude tint. It doesn't smell like toffee at all...smells sort of like butterscotch I guess. And my least favorite, Treat Me Sweet, is baby pink with shimmer, applies clear, weird jelly bean fragrance. Now, these would be awesome if all the scents didn't smell like synthetic plastic with foody undertones. I'm not expecting realistic flavors here, but they all have a sharp tinge of plastic that is kind of yucky. They are all clear-to-sheer color coverage, with a jelly like texture. They last about 30 minutes on lips, and aren't sticky. The selling point of these are the adorable decorated tubes and the tempting flavors (which turned out to be very fakey smelling to me). Personally, I don't think they are too bad for the price I paid ($1). I definitely wouldn't pay the $5-7 regular price (depending where you shop), because if I wanted a tasty cheap gloss I'd go with good old Bonne Bell. At least I know Bonne Bell has better flavored glosses. But for a flavored gloss with a similar price, I'd recommend Cover Girl Wetslicks Fruit Spritzers.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by harpiequeen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Here are the colors I own/have owned:

Watermelon Punch - A very sheer, orangey pink glaze. Scentwise, I wasn't wowed by this one, as the scent was so light it practically wasn't there. I could see this looking nice on someone else, but on me, it morphed into the exact shade my lips turn when they're irritated. Weird. o_0 Needless to say, it quickly found a new home.

Cranberry Crave - In the tube, it looks like a mid-tone shimmery burgundy, but it goes on a sheer mauvey color that I am surprisingly pleased with, as I usually don't care for mauve. Like everyone before me has said, the scent is unusual and hard to describe. The thing to bear in mind is that unusual doesn't automatically mean bad. I for one, really like the smell. The closest I can come to describing it is a 'sugar/berry candy/tiny bit of spice' kind of scent.

Sweet Indulgence - This one nearly clear on me, giving just the tiniest bit of pink iridesence. This one smells WONDERFUL, just like vanilla frosting! It's the most deliciously scented lip product I've ever used.

Cocoa Fever - This one is also quite sheer, just giving a sheer wash of brown shimmer. It also smells divine, like chocolate frosting.

Overall, these glosses have a comfortable, jelly-like texture that is pleasant to wear. The lasting power is average, and the colors are sheer, and most of them smell wonderful. It's the perfect everyday gloss.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by kilyblst08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Average gloss. Very glittery, not much color, not sticky, great flavors.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by boourns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I picked up two of these (Sweet Indulgence & Cherry Bloom) at Loblaws for around $6 apiece. These glosses have a unique texture that falls somewhere between gel-like and sticky. They're thick, but they don't glue your lips together. The packaging is a portable squeeze-tube with a slant-tip applicator. The graphics on each tube reflect the scent/flavour of the gloss contained within... very cute. The pigmentation is sheer, but I'd hardly call these clear. Sweet Indulgence tints my lips with a blue-based pink shimmer, and Cherry Bloom is a pinky-copper glaze. Because they're so sheer, the natural pigmentation of your lips will influence your resultant shade quite a bit. They're pretty, but unfortunately the formula is drying on my lips, and they're not as glossy as I'd like. They'd be better named Shine in Moderate Amounts. I wouldn't personally buy these again, but you might like them if your lips aren't prone to dryness and you're looking for a flavoured gloss with more shimmer than shine.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by PepsiGirl4Life

I bought 2 of these from Rite-Aid yesterday for 40% off. I bought these in Freshly Sliced and Minty Sheer. Freshly Sliced smells like oranges and Minty Sheer smells like peppermint. Both of them go on clear. I like that they're not sticky and they smell and taste good, but the staying power is mediocre, around a half hour. I would only buy these again if they were on sale, preferably a BOGO sale, because they're originally $5 to $6 each and that's too much for the small amount you get.