October 25, 2014 | 927 users online

Pressed Powders - Revlon - PhotoReady Translucent Finisher

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 8:48:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like the coverage of this finisher. It looked great and gave me a nice glow nothing too glittery. The only thing is these powders are delicate so if you drop it it can break easily.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Riian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I like the PhotoReady Translucent Finisher!. . It looks great in pictures it gives you a "healthy glow" while keeping your face matte. I personally think it would look best on Fair and Light/Meduim skin. People say the shimmer is noticleable , It realy isnt! It just luminates your face. But the downfall of this is that it creases on your eye lids very easy if your setting it over concealer , and can be a bit paleing. i would definitely recomend people say its a good dupe for the Make up for ever HD High definition powder . i say its worth the try!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2011 3:29:00 AM More reviews by katrabbit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's finely milled unlike Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder. You will notice tiny specks of sparkles in the product b4 applying but after putting on face you don't notice on your face. Smells like any other powder out there on the market. Does not appear to have any added fragrance. The scent is not over powering or noticeable.

Does not look cakey since it's a translucent powder. I find that whenever I use colored powder it appears cakey even if the sheerest amount is applied to face. This powder is not for the purpose of controlling oils. I'm actually not oily at all, if anything quite dry to dehydrated at times. Even so, I was shocked to find my nose area so oily and wet looking in under 1 hour after applying the powder. Did I not apply enough powder? I didn't get this kind of result from Revlon Colorstay. All I wore underneath the powder was my Revlon Colorstay foundation, Neutrogena Water light Sunscreen, diluted (with water) Cetaphil moisturizer, diluted (with water) Neutrogena Toner.

Bought on sale @ $11CDN b4 taxes. Not sure about regular price, but I believe it's somewhere around $15CDN regular b4 taxes. Comes with a small wide brush which is not really useful for me since I like to use cheek brush to apply.

**Update** I decided to give this another try and wore this again but this time, I put a considerable amount, going all over the face with a fan brush. The finish was a soft smooth look and surprisingly, I did not get oily even though I sweated like crazy while wearing it. I think this powder is not as oil absorbing as powders that do absorb well such as Revlon Colorstay. With the Colorstay powder, I put it very lightly in areas that I know will get shiny like my T-zone and it absorbs moisture well, too well for my comfort actually. Photoready powder is for those looking for light to medium oil absorbing power.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Marasy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder is just okay to me, not particularly good but not terrible either. This stuff, used on its own especially, looks cakey and just seems to sit on top of my skin rather than blend in. So that also means it rubs right off rather easily. I do like the shimmer in it, and because it does actually lighten up my skin a bit I am going to keep it for my foundations that are a tiny bit too dark. The packaging is a bit annoying as well because of the wasted space for a terrible brush I wouldn't use even in an emergency. I use a Eco Tools kabuki brush instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by natablue

I bought this mainly to use as a setting powder for my foundation. I'm fair skinned, so I liked the idea of a translucent powder, to not add any more color. However, I've noticed that when applying this it LIGHTENS up my skin, so I look even paler, even though it's supposed to be translucent.
I also don't care for the fact that it has sparkles in it - I think the point of it is to "diffuse" light - but if it were truly "photoready" to best finish would be a matte finish.
The brush is worthless - I don't know why some companies throw in a useless brush. When applying this, I use a big fluffy brush.
Anyway, this just doesn't do what I purchased it to do, I guess it helps set my foundation, but it doesn't blend in; I feel like it just sits on top of my makeup, and as I mentioned, shows up even though it's marketed as "translucent."
I won't be buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2010 11:48:00 AM More reviews by NotRichEnough

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wish I'd read the reviews here before making this impulse purchase! I've used Coty Airspun for years, but as my skin is aging I don't get the finish I'd like anymore. Thought this would be a good alternative and give me a nice "airbrushed" finish, What I wound up with was an un-natural, chalky finish. This one's going straight in the garbage.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Vic77546

waste of money !!!! i was looking for a good setting powder under my eyes and this just brought the creases out more ..... if i saved the recipet i would have taken it bck but im just trowing it away because its useless ....And like other reviews it does make u look lighter if you put it all over the face

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2010 4:19:00 AM More reviews by 34lenorexena

Yuck. This seemsa to float on the skin's surface and looks chalky and very obvious. I always have to buff it with my powder brush until it is almost gone (which makes me wonder why I bother in the first place) Don't waste your money - this is an advertising con. I think it actually emphasised skin flaws by sort of sitting on top of your skin. You don't need it. Just use a beautiful pressed powder and your powder brush. Save yourself $35-40!! ps. it also made me break out on my chin...

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by MzIssa

Worst finisher ever!!! It doesnt appear to have shimmer but when you put it on its very shiny. I'm getting my money back

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2010 2:53:00 AM More reviews by EyeLoveReviews

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It is true that the brush that accompanies this powder is worthless, but that didn't surprise me; I never seem to use the brushes that come with any makeup (eyeshadow included), so I also purchased a new brush specifically for this product. I purchased this product for my upcoming wedding. Here's the thing: This is a "translucent" powder, so it's white. You have to use a soft hand. I usually load up my brush, then tap off the extra, and apply pretty much just that one brush-full to my entire face. Here's the other thing: I use a foundation primer as well. With the primer and this product on top of my foundation, my skin stays flawless, soft, and truly photo-ready ALL day. That being said, I do feel that the price is pretty high for a) drugstore makeup, and b) a pretty simple powder product. There are some light reflecting "sparkles" to this powder, but I can't see them on my skin and really they are supposed to make your skin look better in flash photography. In any case, I'm sort of surprised by all the negative reviews. I really like this product and, when it comes down to it, it IS cheaper than most finishing powders. If you have an important day coming up and you know lots of photos will be taken, I really would recommend this product. Give it a try!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No