April 21, 2014 | 1196 users online

Pressed Powders - Revlon - PhotoReady Translucent Finisher

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by tiffloser

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I am really light-skinned, so I don't experience the white cast that others are talking about. This powder is really good at making your skin look like it's glowing, however, if you don't like the little sparkles, this isn't for you. This powder also photographs really well. I use this with MAC mineralize satinfinish foundation and they go together perfectly. I do recommend using this is a big fluffy brush, because the application really affects the way this looks. DO NOT APPLY IT WITH THE BRUSH THAT IT COMES WITH. It looks bad this way. The packaging is a bit large for what it should be, but its not a dealbreaker.

***EDIT *** I had to change my thoughts on this one. I went to a theme park the other day and saw my face in the sun and noticed I looked like a freaking disco ball. UGH, onto a new powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2010 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Abby722

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I heard many good reviews about the foundation, but I really didn't need a new foundation at the time, so I thought I would get the powder. I'm not going to lie, I don't know if it was the one i got, but I couldn't open it..I had to keep getting someone to open it for me, but after I while I got it. I really do like this powder. I have it in light/medium shade and it isn't too dark. It also has light sparkles in it which I don't mind but other people might. It does come with a brush which i threw out and used my own. Overall, I do like this product and would recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2010 12:05:00 AM More reviews by juicy70

This is part of my permanent purse stash. Note: I do not have oily skin, I mostly use it to get the sheen off from foundation or skin cream and set my make-up. It brightens up the skin and evens it out. You need to blow off the excess powder from the brush before applying, just like any other powder. I really don't have anything bad to say about this, other than the case is hard to open. The fan brush included is suitable to do a good enough touch-up job. I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2010 11:51:00 PM More reviews by pistolpink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, I am amazed at the lack of positive reviews on this product! I think it just boils down to misapplication. As with any makeup product, if you don't apply it correctly you will not get good results. I was hesitant at first because I am African-American with a capaccino like skin tone and most finishers I try make me look ghosty (I practically live at sephora so ive tried them all). Not this one! After applying my moisturizer, foundation, and powder I apply this to my tzone and other oil wary areas. As with any finishing powders, you MUST shake off the excess powder off your brush. This is the main reason why people are getting the ghost effect. After that just lightly blend it in where you want to apply it. After a couple of seconds of stroking the white will disappear! This does not change the color of your foundation but if done correctly will set and brighten your makeup. Love love love it!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2010 3:07:00 AM More reviews by khymm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this product suits fair skintones.. average oil control.. a MAC blot dupe (light) IMO.

see my full product review here:

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Trine16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product at Shoppers one night when I was in desperate need of a powder, and I got 500 extra Optimum pts for purchasing it.
Plus, it looked legit. When i got home I read the reviews without having tried it and I was terrified, but honestly, I don't find is AS horrible as some of the reviews claim.
Yesss it tends to make faces look slightly paler/fairer (I'm using the lightest shade: #010 Light/Fair. Used alone on skin, it does a pretty decent job of covering redness and brightening eyes. But if you have any other product on already (this includes mosturizer!) the powder tends to just sit on top of your skin, in sort of, clumps. It's not so nice lol. I won't repurchase, but i'll use it for the time being.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by xwetyourwings

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this product not expecting much, but I actually really like it! I use the PhotoReady liquid foundation and mix it with the Colorstay foundation to get my perfect shade. This, over those two leaves a nice matte finish to my face and doesnt look cakey or too powdery. I love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2010 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Jessicajayde

chalky and sparkly, it feels like you just got a face full of glittery talcum powder. ugh i can't even begin with this one

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I decided to try Revlon's Photoready foundation and got the Translucent Powder as part of a buy one get on 50% at Walgreens.

The price is o.k. This is a little expensive for a Department Store (DS) brand but I don't mind paying more if the effect is good. Having said that, I give this 3 lippies for two reasons. One, it vanquished my blusher. The blusher is a cream base and is not easily vanquished by powder used to set it. However; this powder lightened my blusher out to almost nothing. What's translucent about that?
I did find that I can use this over the rest of my face and just not apply over the blusher. This does work for me. But I'm not certain that I actually need the powder. In fact, the foundation seems to work well and last well (even threough s shart nap and a workout at the gym) on it's own.
I also found that I can skip the foundation and just use the powder and it gives me light but nice coverage for casual wear. Plus it does have light transfusers which make my skin look more flawless. Works sort of like a mineral makeup does. But that probably only works for me because I have really light skin. And this is why I haven't returned it to the store.
Overall, I give this 3 lippes. I'd give it 4 if it didn't squash my blusher on application (instead of setting it). And I'd give it 5 lippies if I really felt it was necessary to wear this over the foundation. In the case of my dry skinned self, the answer is "no, not necessary".

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2010 5:44:00 AM More reviews by MayeRaye

This stuff can work well for me one day then look horrible the next. The days it looks good is usually when i have no foundation underneath and just dust it on by it self to even out my skin a little - those days it looks fine, natural and evens out my skin a bit. When i put it over my foundation it makes me look dull, clumps on any part of my face it decides to that day and looks cakey. Wont buy again, i need something that works always!