July 23, 2014 | 2116 users online

Pressed Powders - Revlon - PhotoReady Translucent Finisher

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Caramel_Mimi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

horrid... i got this in med/dark... too cakey and clay light... wont by this ever again...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2010 10:44:00 PM More reviews by traceyle123

okay so i bought this product the other day i love it..i use MAC's studio fix foundation and then i set my make up with this . i found that the brush that it comes with sucks! but if u use a large powder brush and stipple it a little then like spread it all over your face the application look very nice i am fair/medium and this stuff is amazing for me does not leave me to caked up looking and i have no complaints besides the brush thingy but that;s not something serious i think the way people apply might be the main reason why this isn't receiving very good reviews

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2010 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Mereleigh

This is the WORST foundation I have purchased in a long time. I went into Wallgreens to buy my L'oreal stuff, and the SA convinced me to get this. I don't know why, but it seemed this was the product to push. It is awful! The brush picks up a lot of product and it kind of just "falls" off. The powder simply sits on your face. You know why they can claim this is natural looking? Because it covers NOTHING! I mean, you might as well not have make-up on at all. It is almost as bad as the Neutrogena Sheer Minerals or whatever it is. For reference, Maybelliene PureStay powder foundation and L'oreal BareMinerals are ones I use from the drugstore. Some people dislike the sparkles in this powder; I don't see too many sparkles when applied. They are in there, but it doesn't bother me much. Save your money ladies. You can save the 12.00 and go outside without foundation, and look pretty much the same.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by tiffloser

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I am really light-skinned, so I don't experience the white cast that others are talking about. This powder is really good at making your skin look like it's glowing, however, if you don't like the little sparkles, this isn't for you. This powder also photographs really well. I use this with MAC mineralize satinfinish foundation and they go together perfectly. I do recommend using this is a big fluffy brush, because the application really affects the way this looks. DO NOT APPLY IT WITH THE BRUSH THAT IT COMES WITH. It looks bad this way. The packaging is a bit large for what it should be, but its not a dealbreaker.

***EDIT *** I had to change my thoughts on this one. I went to a theme park the other day and saw my face in the sun and noticed I looked like a freaking disco ball. UGH, onto a new powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2010 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Abby722

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I heard many good reviews about the foundation, but I really didn't need a new foundation at the time, so I thought I would get the powder. I'm not going to lie, I don't know if it was the one i got, but I couldn't open it..I had to keep getting someone to open it for me, but after I while I got it. I really do like this powder. I have it in light/medium shade and it isn't too dark. It also has light sparkles in it which I don't mind but other people might. It does come with a brush which i threw out and used my own. Overall, I do like this product and would recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2010 12:05:00 AM More reviews by juicy70

This is part of my permanent purse stash. Note: I do not have oily skin, I mostly use it to get the sheen off from foundation or skin cream and set my make-up. It brightens up the skin and evens it out. You need to blow off the excess powder from the brush before applying, just like any other powder. I really don't have anything bad to say about this, other than the case is hard to open. The fan brush included is suitable to do a good enough touch-up job. I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2010 11:51:00 PM More reviews by pistolpink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, I am amazed at the lack of positive reviews on this product! I think it just boils down to misapplication. As with any makeup product, if you don't apply it correctly you will not get good results. I was hesitant at first because I am African-American with a capaccino like skin tone and most finishers I try make me look ghosty (I practically live at sephora so ive tried them all). Not this one! After applying my moisturizer, foundation, and powder I apply this to my tzone and other oil wary areas. As with any finishing powders, you MUST shake off the excess powder off your brush. This is the main reason why people are getting the ghost effect. After that just lightly blend it in where you want to apply it. After a couple of seconds of stroking the white will disappear! This does not change the color of your foundation but if done correctly will set and brighten your makeup. Love love love it!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2010 3:07:00 AM More reviews by khymm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this product suits fair skintones.. average oil control.. a MAC blot dupe (light) IMO.

see my full product review here:

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Trine16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product at Shoppers one night when I was in desperate need of a powder, and I got 500 extra Optimum pts for purchasing it.
Plus, it looked legit. When i got home I read the reviews without having tried it and I was terrified, but honestly, I don't find is AS horrible as some of the reviews claim.
Yesss it tends to make faces look slightly paler/fairer (I'm using the lightest shade: #010 Light/Fair. Used alone on skin, it does a pretty decent job of covering redness and brightening eyes. But if you have any other product on already (this includes mosturizer!) the powder tends to just sit on top of your skin, in sort of, clumps. It's not so nice lol. I won't repurchase, but i'll use it for the time being.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by xwetyourwings

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this product not expecting much, but I actually really like it! I use the PhotoReady liquid foundation and mix it with the Colorstay foundation to get my perfect shade. This, over those two leaves a nice matte finish to my face and doesnt look cakey or too powdery. I love it!