September 19, 2014 | 964 users online

Cleansers - Simple - Kind to Skin Refreshing Wash Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Nephanie7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Favorite face wash ever! Super cheap and gentle, but also removes all of my makeup. No harsh chemicals or dyes...pure awesomeness.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Oliviack

This stuff really works! I have been fighting off hormonal adult acne for the past year now and tried so many cleansers, but this one is top notch even compared to clique.
This cleanser works different then most, it's a more natural way to clean your face without any harsh alcohols. I am almost done my first bottle and love how well its worked for me. My chin acne is completely under control and I've noticed my skin is brighter than ever. I recommend this to any one who has been struggling to find the right cleanser to fight and keep off acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by ChickenBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Really good product. No bells and whistles. Just a nice, simple (hee!) cleanser.
Not expensive, now readily available in US drugstores (first time I picked it up was in Heathrow) and gentle on your skin. It is very effective as a makeup remover without stripping the natural oils.

I used to use the Basis gel cleanser for years and it worked wonderfully for my skin. But I'm not seeing it so much in stores anymore so Simple could be a great replacement!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by B1P14

Firstly, I want to warn you to CHECK THE INGREDIENTS when purchasing skin care. I had one of the worst experiences with my skin a few months ago due to Simple products and I could honestly cry just remembering it. My cleanser and toner had both finished and I had no time to order it again online, so when I was at the grocery store I decided I would just pick up Simple and give it a go. I had heard so many good things about this, with loads of people saying it made their skin dewy and glowing, whilst also having great ingredients which are good for the skin and helps it regenerate and unclog pores. Anyways, I got the Simple “Kind to Skin Refreshing Wash Gel’’, the “Soothing Skin Toner’’ and the “Replenishing Rich Moisturizer”. After the first time of this skincare routine, my skin seemed to look really red and irritated and when applying the products my skin seemed to tingle and sting, but I thought that it was just my skin adapting to the new products and decided to persevere with them. However, after using these products for five days, I started getting the reddest spots around my jawline and my skin in general looked permanently red and irritated and started drying out BIG TIME- it was sooooo painful to touch and every time I put a moisturiser or foundation on it would sting. I wasn’t sure what was going on and got so concerned with the state of my skin that I actually ended up going to the doctors in the hope that they could shed some light on what was wrong and how I could fix my skin. They told me that many people had complained about this brand and had suffered major outbreaks or severe dry and flaky skin whilst using it. I immediately stopped using all three products and within a month my skin was back to normal and although i still had very slight blemishes, these were easily covered with my concealer and foundation.

However, about 3 months later, I was staying over at my friends house and had completely forgot to pack my cleanser toner and moisturizer, so instead used the makeup wipe she had offered me, not knowing that it was SIMPLE!!!! I woke up the next day with the REDDEST skin ever and my skin literally felt as if it was on fire! Three days later, i had a major outbreak and literally had red spots everywhere! If i had any doubts before, I certainly dont now... it was DEFINTELY the Simple products that made my skin breakout!

Many of my friends still use Simple and say they get great results from it... no spots or redness.. just clear skin. So i guess it just depends on the person? I would really think about this long and hard if you are considering it. If your skin doesn’t agree with this... is a few months of harsh breakouts and extreme redness worth it, just for the sake of trying this out?

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2012 7:34:00 AM More reviews by MK7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have actually continued buying this cleanser many many times! which is unusual for me since I am never satisfied with my current cleanser as they are either too drying,too medicated...or just not doing my skin any good! and finally I think I have found a really good cleanser,which doesn't irritate my sensitive acne prone skin! A basic gel cleanser which I would recommend as it is simple without harsh chemical and no perfume>YAY!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2012 3:50:00 AM More reviews by mkristen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I was excited to see a 50mL sample of this come in the mail. Free product to try, awesome!

While washing my face with this, my face didn't get that "clean" "fresh" feel that my usual cleanser does (Bobbi Brown Lathering Tube Soap). And this is not one of those lathering soaps (something I'm used to, just my preference).

After I used it, however, the next day I began seeing red spots on my face. A few, maybe 3. That bothered me a bit. But what bothered me the most was that I had a type of rash forming under my bottom lip. It looks as though it may be eczema! I've NEVER had this happen to me on my face before... and to think it would have been caused by a cleanser for "sensitive skin" "Kind to the skin?" I think NOT Simple. This is definitely not the right product for my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by asantibk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is utter complete garbage. I get bored with my face rountine and change up every once in a while. Since I heard good review on this brand and have already tried their makeup remover wipes and liked it I decided to try this. At first I liked it because it doesn't contain any parabens and the what nots it claims that are harmful for your face. However what I did notice what ever is in this stuff made my face oiler than what it is and had me breaking out. At one point it felt like I was smearing the oils on my face around and wasn't washing anything. As soon as I changed the face wash my face started clearing up. I'll stick to their wipes, this is going in the garbage glad it wasn't expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2012 8:14:00 AM More reviews by Emese1

I wanted a gentle enough product that I can use for my eye but one that would also effectively remove MU. I really like this. It doesn't really foam much, and I'd like it to foam a bit more. I wash my face/eyes with it in the shower just on its own, then I use it again on a cosmetic sponge to make sure my fdn is completely removed and my pores don't stay clogged. This way it's very effective. I like the idea that it doesn't have many of the harmful chemicals. I might try something else, maybe a Nivea gel cleanser, and see which one is better. I feel like I have to use a bit too much product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i picked this up because i am an acid user and i needed a completely no frills, gentle, non acid, non retinol face wash. no fragrance which is awesome. i noticed some people said that its non foaming, but mine foams? you really only need a pea sized amount, really. i squirted out WAY too much the 1st time and it took me forever to wash it all off. just a pea size will cover your whole face! washes off easily and leaves my face calm. i put so much vitamin c and acids on my face that its not good to overdue so i try to keep my face cleansers neutral. bought at ulta for $6.99. upside down squeeze tube. i dont wear a ton of makeup, so i dont know how successful it is for that, so i am keeping 1 lippie off. makes MY face feel clean though and NOT stripped-which is awesome!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by lwilson1180

After using Oil of Olay's Foaming Wash for sensitive skin for years, I recently realized that my sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin reacts poorly to sulfates. (After switching to a sulfate-free shampoo, my scalp was calm and clear for the first time in years. So, I thought, why not do the same for my face?)
I looked high and low for a truly non-comedogenic face wash that would suit my skin and found this cleanser. Since I've started using it, I've noticed that my skin is less red after washing and just more calm in general. My skin also seems less oily in general (perhaps because the oils on my skin aren't being stripped off each time I wash).
While my hormonal acne hasn't gotten much better since using this product, my rosacea has calmed down quite a bit. The one downside to this product is that I typically have to lather up twice to remove my makeup but that doesn't bother me too much. I definitely plan to repurchase this when my current tube runs out.