Simple Kind to Skin Refreshing Wash Gel

Simple Kind to Skin Refreshing Wash Gel

3.8

Water (aqua), cocamidopropyl betaine, propylene glycol, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, panthenol, disodium EDTA, sodium hydroxymethylglycinate.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I don't know why so many people like this..... It says it for sensitive skin but it left my somewhat sensitive skin red and feeling hot. Also the next morning I found my face SUPER dry! Not at all impressed.

on 3/4/2013 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

So far, this mild cleanser has been very kind on my skin. My skin feels so soft and clean after using this. I top this with the 'Simple Rich Moisturizer' and have had no problems so far. It's nice to see such a simple (*slaps knee*) product out there that is this effective!

on 2/17/2013 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Sooo, the ingredients listed for this product on this review page are not the ingredients listed on my product. There is no sodium chloride or sodium hydroxide in my facewash of this name and brand. Weird. Anyways, I do enjoy this facewash. It does not break me out and it cleans my face well. It has no acne medicine in it (I am acne-prone and break out every so often), so when I do have breakouts I use something else. But for an everyday cleanser, this is great!

on 2/10/2013 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this face wash! It really does good for my skin, with cleaning it and taking all of my make-up off without over drying or irritating my skin. I use it with my Clarisonic MIa, and the two put together really get the job done :) I definitely recommend this face wash. However, I like to think that the price is just a bit too high for a small tube. I wish that could change, but overall- its a great face wash!

on 2/6/2013 4:21:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

UPDATE

It ended up being just a bit too drying for winter, so I've switched to Burt's Bees Radiance Facial Cleanser. I have found a great regimen with that at the top, please see my notepad if interested.

I still like Simple, and will have to see which cleanser works in the summer.

...

This is a near-HG face wash for me. I hesitate to say that any cleanser can work miracles, but in its simplicity (ha!), this wash makes my skin happier and more calm than any other I've tried. A lot of the redness I struggle with in my pale/ruddy complexion has faded away, and my skin is smoother/softer than I've ever seen it.

HOWEVER, it will not do the best job on hardcore makeup or sunscreen. I wear a very light and dry sunscreen (Elta MD) that this wash can handle as long as I use more than usual (which is about a pea-sized drop, it goes a long way). I don't often wear heavy makeup but when I do, I have to use Clinique soap to cleanse instead of Simple.

Other cleansers that have come close:

Purity foaming (works very well, but Simple is better + cheaper)

Burt's Bees lettuce soap (discontinued), and carrot which was too drying

Evan Healy cleansing milk (a bit too irritating/redness)

Clinique mild face soap (a bit too drying... like every other solid cleanser)

I am using this along with Clinique's Dramatically Different moisturizer (lotion, not the gel), Aveeno Hydrocortisone cream for blemishes and neosporin cream for healing spots. That along with Elta MD facial sunscreen is keeping my skin the happiest it's ever been, so I don't think I'll mess with the regimen for awhile. continued >>

on 2/2/2013 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I have very oily skin with no dryness. It is also not sensitive at all and not prone to breakouts. I tend to like very light, mild face cleansers. This is definitely light and mild and I can imagine it being good for sensitive and acne-prone skin. For me it was just okay. It didn't do anything bad at all, it just left my skin feeling like I didn't do anything. I already have a soap I prefer for mild cleansing, which is the DHC Pure Soap. This one isn't better so I will skip it again. But with all the harsh facial cleansers out there, this is a good mild one.

on 2/1/2013 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Favorite face wash ever! Super cheap and gentle, but also removes all of my makeup. No harsh chemicals or dyes...pure awesomeness.

on 1/25/2013 12:15:00 AM

This stuff really works! I have been fighting off hormonal adult acne for the past year now and tried so many cleansers, but this one is top notch even compared to clique.
This cleanser works different then most, it's a more natural way to clean your face without any harsh alcohols. I am almost done my first bottle and love how well its worked for me. My chin acne is completely under control and I've noticed my skin is brighter than ever. I recommend this to any one who has been struggling to find the right cleanser to fight and keep off acne.

on 1/1/2013 7:22:00 PM

Really good product. No bells and whistles. Just a nice, simple (hee!) cleanser.
Not expensive, now readily available in US drugstores (first time I picked it up was in Heathrow) and gentle on your skin. It is very effective as a makeup remover without stripping the natural oils.

I used to use the Basis gel cleanser for years and it worked wonderfully for my skin. But I'm not seeing it so much in stores anymore so Simple could be a great replacement!

on 12/17/2012 9:29:00 PM

Firstly, I want to warn you to CHECK THE INGREDIENTS when purchasing skin care. I had one of the worst experiences with my skin a few months ago due to Simple products and I could honestly cry just remembering it. My cleanser and toner had both finished and I had no time to order it again online, so when I was at the grocery store I decided I would just pick up Simple and give it a go. I had heard so many good things about this, with loads of people saying it made their skin dewy and glowing, whilst also having great ingredients which are good for the skin and helps it regenerate and unclog pores. Anyways, I got the Simple “Kind to Skin Refreshing Wash Gel’’, the “Soothing Skin Toner’’ and the “Replenishing Rich Moisturizer”. After the first time of this skincare routine, my skin seemed to look really red and irritated and when applying the products my skin seemed to tingle and sting, but I thought that it was just my skin adapting to the new products and decided to persevere with them. However, after using these products for five days, I started getting the reddest spots around my jawline and my skin in general looked permanently red and irritated and started drying out BIG TIME- it was sooooo painful to touch and every time I put a moisturiser or foundation on it would sting. I wasn’t sure what was going on and got so concerned with the state of my skin that I actually ended up going to the doctors in the hope that they could shed some light on what was wrong and how I could fix my skin. They told me that many people had complained about this brand and had suffered major outbreaks or severe dry and flaky skin whilst using it. I immediately stopped using all three products and within a month my skin was back to normal and although i still had very slight blemishes, these were easily covered with my concealer and foundation.

However, about 3 months later, I was staying over at my friends house and had completely forgot to pack my cleanser toner and moisturizer, so instead used the makeup wipe she had offered me, not knowing that it was SIMPLE!!!! I woke up the next day with the REDDEST skin ever and my skin literally felt as if it was on fire! Three days later, i had a major outbreak and literally had red spots everywhere! If i had any doubts before, I certainly dont now... it was DEFINTELY the Simple products that made my skin breakout!

Many of my friends still use Simple and say they get great results from it... no spots or redness.. just clear skin. So i guess it just depends on the person? I would really think about this long and hard if you are considering it. If your skin doesn’t agree with this... is a few months of harsh breakouts and extreme redness worth it, just for the sake of trying this out?