September 17, 2014 | 1998 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

This is an okay eye primer but it doesn't make eyeshadows more vibrant and they end up creasing after a few hours.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm on the fence about this one. On one hand, as a primer, it does nothing for me personally. My shadow still creased, and my under eye concealer creased, and I found my makeup wore off, where I normally don't have that problem. BUT when i'm on the go, I can just dab a touch of it under my eyes, or on the brow bone and it lightly covers and I look more awake. But, for the price i'm not going to repurchase because it really doesn't do anything for me and my skin type.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by AmberKay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had been using this as a sample that I got in a Benefit Kit. After a lot o deliberation I got the full size and was a bit disappointed when I opened the packaging, only because a) I thought it would be bigger. b) while I love the doe foot applicator for getting the right amount of product per use, it isn't the most hygienic or the best for getting all of the product out. And for what I paid I want to be able to use ALL of the product that I bought. You can't even see into the tube to see how much is left!

shoddy packaging aside, I love this as a concealer primer. Shadow primer, meh. But I'm fine with that. My dark circles are terrible and this product works wonders. It's very pigmented and if I let it set before applying concealer there is minimal creasing.

Overall, while I'm a fan I will be on the lookout for a dupe. If I can't find something cheaper that works as well then I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Lanas09

I love this. It keeps my shadows on all day and prevents them from creasing. I even use this as a concealer sometimes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by DPinon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this applies easily and does its job... at the end of the day my eyeshadow is still in place.. love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Junkie1

Mamma Mia!!! After years of looking like a female raccoon or a close and tired relative of the Adams Family I feel blessed to have given this product a chance.

I was looking for a concealer and while I won't say that I've tried them all (because I'd be bankrupt) I have tried Lancome, Dior, Bobbi Brown, Lise Watier, Yves Rocher, MAC, Elizabeth Arden, Maybelline, etc. When the SA suggested this product I was iffy, after all this was not a concealer and I was afraid that since it's a primer it would be very drying. The results however are out of this world!!! I look like I've been on a long relaxing vacation or I had surgery to remove dark circles!!! I also apply this over my eyebrows before my eyebrow pencil and it keeps everything together (works as well as MAC's soft ochre paint pot in that respect).

I'm not a big fan of Benefit but I really think that Stay Don't Stray and the Porefessional will become staples in my makeup bag. For reference I purchased this in the colour Light/Medium and I am an NC20.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by wendylee526

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm shocked at the poor reviews here. Everyone is different and products work differently on each person, but I STRUGGLE so much with under eye puffiness and this primer, for me, is like a primer and concealer... it smooths the surface ready for whatever you would put under your eyes to cover whatever it is you cover. For me - I use this primer and then I use sheer cover concealers and then dab a mineral concealer by bare minerals on and I would be so upset if they ever discontinued this product. I feel like it's one of those products that if you want to look natural and not put a bunch of makeup on - this is something that can be worn alone since there is a tint to it. I honestly feel like it's a first layer airbrushing and you can leave it alone w/ just this for a natural look if you're just going to the beach or hanging around the house - or layer your usual makeup and it's keeps it all in place and creates a nice, smooth canvas. HG product for me and I am an absolute product junkie who has bought just about EVERYTHING when it comes to eye products.
xo

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2013 12:54:00 AM More reviews by Mellaaayy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Naturally, I got a sample of this. The girl that worked in sephora said it would work for me; I asked her for a primer that would prevent my concealer from creasing. IT SUCKS! It's a horrible concealer primer and and even more horrible eye primer. Doesn't work for me at all. It will look ashy if you're a person of colour like myself.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by nadyastwt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I can't believe this is product is total crap. The reason why i bought this product is because i ran out of my UD Primer Potion, and was thinking to give another eye primer a try. But choosing this product was a HUGE mistake for me. It is very expensive for a primer that really does NOTHING. The packaging is even worse. It pumps out way too much product that sometimes the product has separated into oil and paste, and its really really hard to blend.

I have very oily lids, and the first time i tried this product, my shadow creased in less than 2 hours. I've tried a few times, but it just never worked for me. It's a really a waste of money since i bought this in a full size. Well, I'm sorry benefit, i guess I'm just going to stick to my UD Primer Potion then.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by BassKitten808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

**UPDATE** 01/27/14

I don't use this anymore. All I needed was a change of foundation & concealer application & that helps with any problems I was having prior to using the Stay Don't Stray. Now, I find this to be an unessecary product/step in my routine & I actually prefer the way my eye area looks when I don't use this. I began to notice it would make my concealer look kind of "crepey" and thick. Not horrible but I wouldn't repurchase.

___________________________________________________

I LOVE this product! I honestly don't know what I'd do without it. I do wish they'd market it differently, I feel like it makes a better primer for your concealer rather then for shadows but I guess that wouldn't appeal to a lot of people. This is an HG product for me and I don't know any other brand that makes a product like this. Smash box and Mac I know make under eye primers but those are for under your foundation which honestly you can use your face primer the same way and it'll work the same. But this is a different breed, its not an under eye primer its a concealer primer so it works over your foundation before your concealer and I actually see a huge difference with this. I really love this to bits and it has really made a difference with the way my makeup looks. I'm super glad I decided to give this a try. A lot of people might think they don't need this but I know I do.
HOW I APPLY IT:
I use it not only as a concealer primer but it also works as a brightener/ corrector. It has a slightly pinkish/peachy/light beige tone similar to some, it does provide some coverage and really corrects the veining on my lids and I concentrate some in the inner corners blending out on my under eyes where the darkness is worst. It smooths out easily as its very creamy and light, you also don't need much product.I also use my fingers to really melt it into my skin to smooth it out better.
THE DIFFERENCE IT MAKES:
I used to look tired even when I packed on my concealer and I always had to pack it on layer upon layer but my concealer never layered well. This makes it so I don't have to layer my concealer, I only need 1 layer now (I use Mac Pro Long wear Concealer) and my concealer doesn't crease at all, lasts even longer and I look so much more wide awake and my eye area looks brighter. Its like it grabs onto your concealer. It's not drying at all and is really easy to work with.
FOR BEST RESULTS:
Moisturize and prime your eye area well (use a hydrating primer) and smooth this on immediately after foundation, use a small amount of product over lids and areas of darkness with your finger then apply your concealer over it.