December 22, 2014 | 1810 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Simone101

This product is extremely good! I love it! All day it stays put. Your eye shadows are on your eye lids until you take off your makeup. i have been looking for a eye primer lately and i found this product at Sephora, and it is amazing. I do recommend it. It is a little pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by HGL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was not sure how many stars to rate this - I give it a 5 for best undereye concealer out there. It doesn't work as a primer on the upper lid, though, so gets a 1 for that . . . if you have dark purple undereye circles and have had trouble finding something with the coverage to conceal them that doesn't look cakey or disappear (hello, Bobbi Brown, Tarte, and oh so many), this is HG - hands down the best thing out there.

My issues are a combination of super pale undereyes, to the point that my derm considered, and ruled, out vitiligo :-0 - combined with purple and blue areas, puffiness, and now since turning 50, deal with some redness thrown in. Argh. Additionally, I have long lashes and oily skin, so mascara tends to smudge on me unless I use a concealer that completely dries down and normally concealer generally doesn't last more than an hour or so without fading, melting, moving or getting splotchy. So this product has been really great for all that.

What I did while using this product was layer this as the first makeup layer, either using a brush or my fingers and patted (even when using a brush) to get good coverage. I sometimes did 2 layers. I let that dry and then applied Amazing Cosmetics concealer over it and got really good, natural looking coverage of bizarre undereye discoloration that defies most products out there. I did not need to use a powder, which I generally prefer to avoid under the eyes.

Benefit has recently come out with a "dark" color which I used when self-tanning - there are only 2 colors. This probably wouldn't work for someone with dark coloring. The color of the products are pretty neutral, not overly yellow or pink, in my opinion. I have very fair neutral to slightly warm coloring and usually use the "light" unless tanning. It is truly light, unlike many concealers out there. It is brightening also.

Unfortunately, however, there are some cons to the product that may apply to a few people. It contains bismuth, which some people are sensitive to. In my case, when used too close to the lash line on upper lids, caused lash fallout. I tested this repeatedly and it was definitely the cause. This was only an issue on the upper lids, thankfully. The product is really great for concealing upper lid discoloration but makes lids oilier, I think, so is pointless unless worn alone. It does crease when used on upper lids, not on lower. It is beautiful - unless it causes lash fallout :-( . I keep going back to it for undereye since it works so well but have found it mildly irritating to my eyes (causing watering), so have now found myself trying any number of concealers instead. I will try to add reviews on those also, for those searching for undereye solutions. The search continues. If anyone has found a HG for undereye mega-madness, please message me with your HG! Thanks! :-)

Update: as I am hitting 52 and having age-related changes in under eye area, this is no longer smooth enough for me. I am currently skipping concealer entirely and just using Cover FX or LM silk creme foundation and continuing to look for something that does not age me under the eye.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Shelbyj1204

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was really hyped up about this when I worked at Sephora two years ago and thought it was a good product upon using it a few times. I recently scored the Pretty Committee deal on Ulta which came with this full sized and a sample size. I haven't even gotten to the full sized one yet and probably won't because the sample at least is not doing it for me. I notice my eyeshadow starts to look greasy and fade after about 5 hours--which hasn't seemed to happen with Too Faced primer which I am accustomed to using. Guess this one is a dud.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by mommytwoboys78

I have light to medium (med. in summertime) with yellow skintone. This gives a nice light wash of color to the eyelid. It is like a bright concealer for me. It might not work on darker skintones if used alone. With eyeshadow it'll probably be okay. Sometimes, I liked just using this and mascara for a nude look. When used with eyeshadow, it gave me about 2 hours before my oily lids creased. This does not compare to my Urban Decay Primer Potion. Would not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by 30betterthan20

This was the first product I purchased from Benefit and was an immense dissapointment. When you first apply it, it really creates a perfect canvas to apply eyeshadows and the results are standing out. The problem is that it does not do what it says: it DOES NOT STAY and REALLY STRAYS, and that in only 1-2 hours after application, even worse than with no primer. I tried to apply less product, or to leave it on the eyelids even 10 minutes before applying eyeshadow, but the results were the same. The only use case I would give to this product is if you want to create a mekeup only for quickly taking photos or for people that usually have no problems with the eyeshadow creasing even without a primer and only need a plain base that makes eye shadows look better. However the same results could also be achieved with a foundation with medium coverage, maybe in a lighter shade than what you usually use on your face.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by dangsusiQ

This is the first eye primer I have ever used and with this particular one, I like it more as a concealer than a primer. My eyes still get a crease in about a few hours and this doesnnt do much for my eyeshadows but on a day where I only where BB cream and mascara, this is perfect for brightening up my eyes. As a primer, its just alright.
I will be searching for another primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

This is an okay eye primer but it doesn't make eyeshadows more vibrant and they end up creasing after a few hours.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence about this one. On one hand, as a primer, it does nothing for me personally. My shadow still creased, and my under eye concealer creased, and I found my makeup wore off, where I normally don't have that problem. BUT when i'm on the go, I can just dab a touch of it under my eyes, or on the brow bone and it lightly covers and I look more awake. But, for the price i'm not going to repurchase because it really doesn't do anything for me and my skin type.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by AmberKay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had been using this as a sample that I got in a Benefit Kit. After a lot o deliberation I got the full size and was a bit disappointed when I opened the packaging, only because a) I thought it would be bigger. b) while I love the doe foot applicator for getting the right amount of product per use, it isn't the most hygienic or the best for getting all of the product out. And for what I paid I want to be able to use ALL of the product that I bought. You can't even see into the tube to see how much is left!

shoddy packaging aside, I love this as a concealer primer. Shadow primer, meh. But I'm fine with that. My dark circles are terrible and this product works wonders. It's very pigmented and if I let it set before applying concealer there is minimal creasing.

Overall, while I'm a fan I will be on the lookout for a dupe. If I can't find something cheaper that works as well then I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Lanas09

I love this. It keeps my shadows on all day and prevents them from creasing. I even use this as a concealer sometimes.