Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Primer Skin Transformer

3.5

Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearyl Heptanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Silica Silylate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisestearate, May contain: Cl 73360 Red, Cl 77492 Iron Oxides [May 13, 2010] SILICONE CITY

on 5/20/2012 11:13:00 PM

I like using Smashbox Photo Finish & Laura Geller Spackle, but didn't care for the price tag. Other than it being dry, my skin is super easy (not super sensitive, acne prone, or have a multitude of sins to hide), so I figured I'd be able to find a decent, cheaper alternative.

Yes, I did, but it actually took a few tries. Revlon Beyond Natural was way too greasy for me, Covergirl Simply Ageless burned, & Hard Candy Sheer Envy separated after only a couple weeks. (First sheer liquid would come out, then thicker white clumpy stuff. I had to dispense a lot of product so that I could mix them together wasting both time & product.)

Maybelline Age Rewind was the last drugstore brand I was going to try before switching back to Smashbox or Laura Geller. I am so glad I tried this! I alternate between powders like Studio Gear & Bare Minerals & liquids like Benefit's Hello Flawless. It locked in my moisturizer, made all my makeup types go on smoothly, & kept it in place all day just like SB & LG. Plus it comes in a pliable tube (so you can easily get every last bit unlike SB) & it cost less than $10.

It might be a little too thick for someone with oily skin, but if you have normal/dry skin & are looking for a cheaper alternative, I'd recommend giving this a try!

on 5/6/2012 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this product over a month ago and I don't like it at all. It left my face very oily and the texture is is almost like petroleum jelly. It didn't help my makeup at all and because of the slippery oily/jelly-like texture, my makeup easily rubbed off. I personally don't like this and won't buy it again. And It broke me out a little.

on 3/24/2012 5:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the most horrible product I have ever tried I think !
It is so oily and I just hated the gel texture that leaves my face so greasy. I also couldn't put on any make-up as nothing would set on my skin.
This product is complete rubbish !

on 2/15/2012 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Does nothing to help smooth over any dry skin on my face and also makes my face greasy. Not ver impressed, especially when I paid almost ten dollars for it. I have yet to find a good primer but the closest I came to liking is Laura Geller's Spackle.

on 2/11/2012 1:53:00 AM

I like this product for a drugstore primer. It is very silky and it does keep you make up in place for quite a while. It is pricy for drugstore in my opinion. I paid 18 dollars for it. I live in a small town so getting other types of primers is harder to do. I would buy again though. It does the job.

on 2/7/2012 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried this product in different ways and I did not really notice that much of difference in the wear of my mu. My skin is oily and if I am not wearing my ELDW, I need to wear a primer but this does not do anything. In fact, by wearing this, I am having two layers of oil on my skin, one being the primer and the second is my foundation.

I used this before I put on foundation. Made my skin feel soft and smooth. I will buy this product again. I like it better than the L'Oreal Primer.

on 2/6/2012 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I quite liked this! It has the classic silicone feel, but it really does make your make up go on much smoother - particularly harder foundations to work with like Revlon Colorstay (mmhmm! U know what i'm talking about!).

You need only a little bit, do not slather a bunch on you face.

I feel it did help my make-up last.

I would def repurchase again.

on 2/6/2012 1:41:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I found that this product didn't work well with my foundation, the satin smooth feel quickly turns to an oil-like sheen when combined with foundation.

on 1/29/2012 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hi Ladies, First of all let me say....I have very oily/acne prone skin and this worked like a charm for me. It gives me a nice foundation for my MAC studio fix powder/blot powder and I seal this with the MAC Charge Water and it works like heaven. I'm not going to wear this on a daily basis as I don't do that with my MAC. But this will be a staple in my going out routine. Great Product, give it a try!