November 27, 2014 | 1237 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Extase Flash Plumping Mascara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

I got it as a gift but when im through with this i plan to buy another! It is sooo good, my fave mascara ever!!! It volumizes like crazy, separates, lengthens. It IS better than other mascaras i've tried. To each their own, but i am flabbergasted that there are reviews that claim it DOESN'T volumize like mad- it so does! You are either using it very gingerly and not working it in OR it's dried out. Either way, i can swear that from just 1 coat, this gives better volume n length combined, than every other scara i've tried (lash blast, lb fusion, chanel exceptionalle or whatever it's called, voluminous, volume million or whatever by loreal, estee lauder ones, the vibrating maybelline one, etc)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by charmressa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

- Eyelashes clump together
- Formula is too wet
- Too Expensive
- Not volumizing
- Full of chemicals

Returning this to Sephora.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by LudovicaVolpe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

. I think this is very good mascara for going out.
It used to be my favorite everyday mascara before I discovered Bourjois Volume Glamour Ultra Curl. Now I use Diorshow Extase only when I'm going out.
This mascara gives me great length and volume but in my opinion its too black so if you use it as everyday mascara it can make you look vulgar with super black eyelashes...I donít like the look.
Also it disposes a huge amount of product on your eyelashes even in one layer so you have to apply it very carefully or you can be left with 5 very thick eyelashes :) You have to wait for the first layer to dry before applying next one. And this mascara doesnít dry fast. This is a definite con for me as I love fluffy full eyelashes and hate waiting long.
Another negative thing is that this mascara makes eyelashes dry and hard because of this mascara easily flakes if you accidently rub your eyes or something. It makes me feel like Iím wearing armor on my eyelashes.
Also you will have to spend some time washing this mascara off....itís quite hard to take off.
But with all of its cons itís a great mascara for the evening "Doll Eyes" look. Itís actually the best mascara for "Doll Eyes" that I have ever tried. Gives length and volume and is very black so your eyes would look great in a club or at the party. If you wonít rub your eyes or anything like that it will stay all night too.

Basically this mascara is probably the best mascara you can get if you are looking for a very unnatural "Doll Eyes" look for going out but for an everyday use itís too vulgar and too much hassle to apply

Would i buy it again? If i had some spare money to spend and really needed a "goig out" mascara when yes but it wount be my top priorety.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2012 9:26:00 AM More reviews by persiantee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like the original diorshow mascara, so when I saw this one, I bought it thinking it would be even better. Its not better, in my humble opinion. Its a fine mascara, as it does lengthen and volumize but... I dont know, its just 'ok'. Its nothing special for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by roubella

I really love Dior, dior was the first premium brand that I ever bought a product from so I really hate to give this mascara a bad review but this was soo disappointing it made my heart ache. I mean the pics that some have uploaded wearing the mascara are hardly impressive and I just think how, how, how are people liking this mascara?? First of all I have not found this mascara to plump at all by any means namely because the formula is so thin..ok so it doesn't clump ever but this mascara never claimed to be a natural looking mascara it is meant to be a volumising mascara and I applied coat after coat.. i honestly must've spent about 15 minutes or more on each eye but the formula would hardly even adhere to my lashes and it looked as though I had applied just one coat to each eye. One more thing is that the formula is so thin and glossy almost greasy or oily that my lashes hardly even look black, I like really black carbon like pigmented mascaras as i have dark hair so this just didn't work for me. It does lengthen.... eventually... and it does get a slightly better consistency after a week or so of age but it doesn't add volume, so if you are looking for a volumising mascara this is not the one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by stls

Pros:

Dark color
Buildable
Works well With other types of mascara
Doesn't clump or fleck
Nice brush, packaging

Not my favorite though, it doesn't add enough volume or length...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have tried today a bestselling mascara by Soap and Glory (their Thick and Fast one) and then I have appreciated how wonderful this mascara by Dior is.

S&G product is some kind of a joke which creates clumpy, short lashes that smudge after 2 hours under my eyes on a dry day.

Diorshow Extase it is a completely different story. I have been always advocating not buying a designer, expensive product ( Chanel Inimmitable, what a waste of maney it was!) but after experience with this one I have to eat my own words.

The brush is a genius - my eyelashes are voluminous, long, black, lush, glossy and separated, holding the curl, just BEAUTIFUL. This mascara could work as my whole eyemakeup on a good day. I do not even need two coats!

It smudges very slightly under my eyes after about 5-6 hours but I can live with it ( I am using a very greasy undereye sunscreen product so it might be its fault, usually a good curl helps to minimase it), it does not budge otherwise until I am taking my makeup off in the evening.

Worth every penny and I am going to buy another one soon (this one was with me for more than 4 months now and as it is still perfectly wet and working I am still affraid of an eye infection and I tend to chuck any eyeproducts after 4 months of use).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by sarahalthea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The best volumizing/lengthening mascara. It even curled my lashes! I LOVE this mascara!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by elfodimontagna

it is an ok mascara nothing special really. Too expensive

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by jpcls

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Used a clean brush to apply, not the one in the tube, this is a good idea with any new tube. Went on very nice, filled in, curled a little, and stayed all day without smearing below the eye. So far so good!