Dior Diorshow Extase Flash Plumping Mascara

3.8

on 5/13/2012 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This mascara is quite nice. Gives my lashes a great lift and volume.
However it does tend to clump so I try to be really fast when applying coat after coat. Otherwise it is great, very pigmented and does not flake one bit. I even slept with it on a few times to find myself waking up with great lifted lashes as if just applied!

on 5/3/2012 3:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I love it! Yes, it's expensive but it gives you that false lash effect and lasts a loooong time. I've been using it every single day for over a month now and it hasn't dried one bit (might help that I press my finger on the tube like a cap every time I use it) and there's still a lot of product left. People who say this isn't a good mascara don't know how to wear mascara in the first place. The first coat doesn't do much, immediately follow it with a second coat, starting from the base of the lashes, zig-zagging through the middle and just closing your eyes slowly at the very ends, letting your lashes do the work (no need for curlers). Then I skip to the other eye, do two coats, go back to the first one and do a third coat. I've never seen a mascara that does a better job at holding the third coat without clumping. Everyone asks me whether my lashes are real or not. I am never changing my mascara ever again.

on 4/15/2012 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is by far the best mascara I've ever bought. It doesn't clump, it stays put, and it looks the same from the moment I put it on until the moment I take it off. I haven't been using it for very long; I recieved a sample while buying a lipstick, and only recently bought the full size, but I wouldn't have shelled out so much money for something I didn't love. I will absolutly be buying again!
The mascara is a bit black for regular use for someone who prefers a simple look, but I love big, black bold lashes! I had to switch my black eyeliner to a brown one so it wouldn't be too much black at once, though.
Overall, I think it's a really good mascara if you feel like paying a bit extra for quality.

on 4/2/2012 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I bought this mascara after having bought Diorshow in the past and not being overly impressed. Everyone seemed to rave about the Dior mascaras so I decided to give it another go. After the consultant's advice I decided with the Extase one this time and I'm sorry I did. I thought it was terrible. It made my eyelashes appear clumpy and the brush was difficult to use. The product dries out very quickly too so I would steer clear!

on 3/2/2012 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I got it as a gift but when im through with this i plan to buy another! It is sooo good, my fave mascara ever!!! It volumizes like crazy, separates, lengthens. It IS better than other mascaras i've tried. To each their own, but i am flabbergasted that there are reviews that claim it DOESN'T volumize like mad- it so does! You are either using it very gingerly and not working it in OR it's dried out. Either way, i can swear that from just 1 coat, this gives better volume n length combined, than every other scara i've tried (lash blast, lb fusion, chanel exceptionalle or whatever it's called, voluminous, volume million or whatever by loreal, estee lauder ones, the vibrating maybelline one, etc)

on 3/1/2012 6:20:00 PM

- Eyelashes clump together
- Formula is too wet
- Too Expensive
- Not volumizing
- Full of chemicals

Returning this to Sephora.

. I think this is very good mascara for going out.
It used to be my favorite everyday mascara before I discovered Bourjois Volume Glamour Ultra Curl. Now I use Diorshow Extase only when I'm going out.
This mascara gives me great length and volume but in my opinion its too black so if you use it as everyday mascara it can make you look vulgar with super black eyelashes...I donít like the look.
Also it disposes a huge amount of product on your eyelashes even in one layer so you have to apply it very carefully or you can be left with 5 very thick eyelashes :) You have to wait for the first layer to dry before applying next one. And this mascara doesnít dry fast. This is a definite con for me as I love fluffy full eyelashes and hate waiting long.
Another negative thing is that this mascara makes eyelashes dry and hard because of this mascara easily flakes if you accidently rub your eyes or something. It makes me feel like Iím wearing armor on my eyelashes.
Also you will have to spend some time washing this mascara off....itís quite hard to take off.
But with all of its cons itís a great mascara for the evening "Doll Eyes" look. Itís actually the best mascara for "Doll Eyes" that I have ever tried. Gives length and volume and is very black so your eyes would look great in a club or at the party. If you wonít rub your eyes or anything like that it will stay all night too.

Basically this mascara is probably the best mascara you can get if you are looking for a very unnatural "Doll Eyes" look for going out but for an everyday use itís too vulgar and too much hassle to apply

Would i buy it again? If i had some spare money to spend and really needed a "goig out" mascara when yes but it wount be my top priorety.

on 2/16/2012 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I really like the original diorshow mascara, so when I saw this one, I bought it thinking it would be even better. Its not better, in my humble opinion. Its a fine mascara, as it does lengthen and volumize but... I dont know, its just 'ok'. Its nothing special for me.

on 2/2/2012 10:24:00 AM

I really love Dior, dior was the first premium brand that I ever bought a product from so I really hate to give this mascara a bad review but this was soo disappointing it made my heart ache. I mean the pics that some have uploaded wearing the mascara are hardly impressive and I just think how, how, how are people liking this mascara?? First of all I have not found this mascara to plump at all by any means namely because the formula is so thin..ok so it doesn't clump ever but this mascara never claimed to be a natural looking mascara it is meant to be a volumising mascara and I applied coat after coat.. i honestly must've spent about 15 minutes or more on each eye but the formula would hardly even adhere to my lashes and it looked as though I had applied just one coat to each eye. One more thing is that the formula is so thin and glossy almost greasy or oily that my lashes hardly even look black, I like really black carbon like pigmented mascaras as i have dark hair so this just didn't work for me. It does lengthen.... eventually... and it does get a slightly better consistency after a week or so of age but it doesn't add volume, so if you are looking for a volumising mascara this is not the one.

on 1/31/2012 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Pros:

Dark color
Buildable
Works well With other types of mascara
Doesn't clump or fleck
Nice brush, packaging

Not my favorite though, it doesn't add enough volume or length...

Popular Mascaras