October 25, 2014 | 1618 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Makeup

rated 3.4(2030 reviews)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by MacMegan33

Disappointed, cakey mess. Looks awful on my skin. Tried it with different brushes techinques, but I don't like it. Drying, wish it worked on my skin it looks pretty with micro shimmer but yeah. Ugh, what a waste! Worst around my nose and mouth. Seems like a good foundation if it matches your skin type, not mine, Worth the try to see if it does the simmer is so pretty seen it on others- who had more oily, darker skin. They had the most beautiful, shiny, and vivid complexion. But not me. Nice pump bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Gigglesfordays

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love this foundation!

I tried it at a friend's house and immediately went out to purchase it myself because I loved the finish so much. This is one of my favorite foundations and I find myself reaching for it even over my high end foundations. The finish it definitely satin, and the product does have very tiny sparkles in it that make your face look me it's naturally glowing in pictures. I wore this on a week long trip to Disneyland, and all my friends were jealous of how well my skin was photographing.

The product is more liquidy than many, but it blends well and it very easy to use with the pump that comes in the bottle. I love this product, and I will totally be buying it again when I run out,

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by lola4610

After using brands such as Avon, NYX, BYS and L'Oreal since the age of 17-20. I decided to Venture out and try a higher end product such as Napoleon (Australian Brand). As a student, it was very hard keeping up expensive make up purchases and so I finally caved in to purchase the most raved about drug store brand, Revlon. I actually sat down with the MUA and somehow, from initially requesting Colourstay, I was convinced to purchase the PhotoReady. This was the worst mistake, and what's even worse, I paid full price ($36.95). It came with a bonus makeup bag with primer, mascara and an eye shadow quad.
These were even worse. The eye shadows are one of the LEAST pigmented, poor quality, that they made spending the $50 on a naked palette justifiable, and I use that on a daily basis! Here is my review of the foundation:

*cakey
*shimmery?!!?
*flashback overload
*overpriced
*unblendable
*extremely drying
*unsuitable

This is an honest review, based on experience. I tried this foundation on plenty of occasions and with different blushes, concealers, powders until I eventually gave up. This isn't to deter others from purchasing, but please, make sure the MUA listens to you and provides genuine feedback. Their experience as a professional almost always reflects on your experience with the product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have been using Lancome Teint Miracle for the past couple of months. I found to be an average foundation. It's not awful, but it's not amazing either. I didn't like that it turned into a greasy mess on my nose, and the staying power wasn't the greatest either, even with primer. I bought Skin Balancing foundation from the Body Shop (it was on sale for $5 and is usually $22) and also got a sample of Laura Mercier Oil Free Supreme Makeup. Neither one really worked for me. One foundation that I wanted to try was Makeup Forever HD Invisible Cover Foundation. I stumbled across a blog online that said Revlon Photoready Liquid Makeup is a dupe for MUFE HD Invisible Cover.

There is a grocery store about 2 blocks from my house that has a small cosmetics section. They carry Revlon and Cover Girl cosmetics. I know a lot of people on this site really like Revlon Colorstay. They have a formula for oily skin. It took me a while to decide between that foundation and the Photo Ready Liquid Foundation. In the end, I decided to try the Photoready foundation.

I have to be honest, I'm generally not a big fan of drugstore foundations. Either I'm allergic to something in it, it looks great at first and fades away to nothing after about 3-4 hours, or looks cakey, heavy, and thick. I've tried a couple of drugstore foundations that never even made it out of the house they looked so awful. (L'oreal Infallable, the Body Shop foundation I mentioned earlier, and Maybelline Fit Me all fit into this catagory) Also, finding the right shade in drugstore foundations always challenging and frustrating because there are no testers. The store lights make it hard to choose the correct shade. It can look one way in the bottle and totally different when you apply it. I've noticed that drugstore foundations also have a tendancy to oxidize more than high end foundations.

I intially purchased the Photoready in shade 06 Medium Beige. It looked like a perfect match when I first applied it, but it did oxidize a little. I didn't look like an oompa loompa or anything, but it was definitely a little too orange. It wasn't enough to be embarassing, but it was noticeable. So I went back to the store and did an even exchange for the next shade down, which is 05 Natural Beige. This seems to be a much better match for my skin tone. I could probably get away with going down another shade to 04 Nude because of the slight oxidation. But I'll have to see when the time comes.

Here is how I apply it: First, I apply a tiny amount of my Aveeno Baby Daily Moisturizing Lotion and rub it in completely. Then I apply the foundation, and finish it off with a light dusting of loose powder.

This stuff is amazing! It doesn't transfer, it looks natural, and the staying power is great. I've had it on almost 9 hours and it still looks great. It has only worn off the tiniest bit on my nose. The coverage is amazing too. It does a good job of covering up the redness and smoothing out the tiny bumps on my face. It dries quickly, but not too quickly. It is easy to blend and is buidable. I usually apply two thin layers and it never looks cakey or heavy. I paid $14.99 for this foundation, but I found it at Target for $10.99 I absolutely love this foundation and hope that it is never discontinued. There are a lot of reviews out there that say this foundation doesn't work very well on oily skin. But it's worked great for me.

I should also state that I've never actually tried the MUFE HD Invisible Cover foundation. So I can't really say if it's similar to the Revlon Photoready or not. I don't mind paying $45 on foundation. But why splurge when there is a drugstore version that I love that costs about a 1/3 the price. It's really a no-brainer to me.

EDIT: But I have two major complaints about this foundation. First, the color selection is terrible. I've tried 3 different shades of this foundation and none of them have really worked for me. I started with 06 Medium Beige, which was WAY too dark. I next tried 05 Natural Beige, which was a little better, but still too dark. Lastly, I tried 04 Nude, which is too light. It also gets very greasy on my nose and rubs off super easy after a few hours. So I guess it's game over. I think I'm going to stick with high end foundations from now on. It's just too frustrating trying to work with drugstore foundations.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2014 8:52:00 AM More reviews by emilyoconnor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really didn't like this foundation. It looked cakey on me and made my skin appear very dry in some areas, yet oily in others. The colour I got was great, though (I can't remember what shade it was but it was one of the lighter tones) and it also gave pretty good coverage for dark circles and blemishes. It didn't compliment my skin at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2014 6:13:00 AM More reviews by WizVic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this foundation, I don't really use it as an everyday one though. I use it when my skin is looking a little blemishy and uneven because it has lots of coverage. Lasts all day and has a nice finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by BassKitten808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is probably one of my favorite foundations. I remember one time, when my cousin's dad told me I had good skin when I was wearing this (my cousin & I just kinda chuckled because I was wearing foundation), I then realized that this foundation was pretty awesome for him to comment about that. To start, I have acne-prone, combination-dry skin at the moment which is more combination-oily in the summer, I don't have perfect skin, I've got some post acne-scarring (red marks & a little texture scarring) & large pores on my nose & cheeks. Just to give you a good idea. I have about an NC40-NC42 skintone (warm leaning towards neutral) & I have to mix 006 Medium Beige & 009 Rich Ginger to get a perfect match.
TEXTURE:
Not too runny but not thick either. Goes on very smooth & easily blendable. Doesn't dry too quickly so it gives you time to work with it. I find it works well with hands & a brush.
COVERAGE-FINISH:
A straight medium coverage but it's very buildable, you can build this to an almost full coverage if you want. The finish is, I would say, a satin finish. Depending what moisturizer or primer you use underneith it can make it look more dewy. In my opinion this foundation looks very natural, almost skin-like compared to most of the foundations I use. I don't find it to be cakey or heavy-feeling at all. I know this has shimmers in it but I honestly never really notice any shimmer when it's on my skin, maybe if I look really close in certain lighting but, even then, it's not very noticable.
WEAR-OXIDATION FACTOR:
The wear is pretty good. It's not a long-wearing foundation per-say (it doesn't claim to be). On my skin at the moment with primer & powder, it wears a good 8-10 hours. Your results may vary depending if you use a primer & powder or not & obviously it's going to wear longer on someone with dryer skin. I used to wear this foundation all the time when I was 16-17 & I had insanely oily skin. It wasn't as long-lasting & wasn't very good with oil-control but I still liked it a lot. This is one of those foundations that does oxidize on me a bit (it was worse when my skin was oilier) as it turns a bit peachier throughout the day.
OVERALL:
I do love this foundation because it has good coverage that's very customizable, the finish & texture is beautiful, it looks fairly natural, the wear time is pretty decent, the shades aren't overly yellow or pink & it has a pump (good job, Revlon!) This mixes nicely with long-wearing foundations to make them less dry & more skin-like. This foundation would work well, in my opinion on a variety of skin types. Oilier skin definitley needs to set it with powder & use a mattifying primer underneath & dry skin won't have any problem with this.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Stolz69

Love the colour & coverage but not kind to my skin at all :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by chelseaakaily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm very fair and I rarely find any foundation that works with my skin tone and my combination skin (this is why I stopped wearing foundation for over a year.. even mac didn't match my skin well.) This product actually matches my skin tone which is very impressive! It works well with my combination skin and last hours and hours! It blends well and it cost me about $10.50. I love this foundation!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by ShimmeryPastels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

First off Golden beige has neutral undertones. Medium beige has warm undertones and is darker than Golden beige.
I purchased the wrong shade for $12. Kind of pricey but I guess you have to throw in a couple bucks cause this actually comes with a pump.
There is shimmer in here. This foundation is like what VS models would wear for that shimmer/shine look.
This provides med-full coverage. The cap for this kind of sucks. It keeps coming off. But overall this is ok.