August 29, 2014 | 1801 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Makeup

rated 3.4(2026 reviews)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2014 8:52:00 AM More reviews by emilyoconnor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really didn't like this foundation. It looked cakey on me and made my skin appear very dry in some areas, yet oily in others. The colour I got was great, though (I can't remember what shade it was but it was one of the lighter tones) and it also gave pretty good coverage for dark circles and blemishes. It didn't compliment my skin at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2014 6:13:00 AM More reviews by WizVic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this foundation, I don't really use it as an everyday one though. I use it when my skin is looking a little blemishy and uneven because it has lots of coverage. Lasts all day and has a nice finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by BassKitten808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is probably one of my favorite foundations. I remember one time, when my cousin's dad told me I had good skin when I was wearing this (my cousin & I just kinda chuckled because I was wearing foundation), I then realized that this foundation was pretty awesome for him to comment about that. To start, I have acne-prone, combination-dry skin at the moment which is more combination-oily in the summer, I don't have perfect skin, I've got some post acne-scarring (red marks & a little texture scarring) & large pores on my nose & cheeks. Just to give you a good idea. I have about an NC40-NC42 skintone (warm leaning towards neutral) & I have to mix 006 Medium Beige & 009 Rich Ginger to get a perfect match.
TEXTURE:
Not too runny but not thick either. Goes on very smooth & easily blendable. Doesn't dry too quickly so it gives you time to work with it. I find it works well with hands & a brush.
COVERAGE-FINISH:
A straight medium coverage but it's very buildable, you can build this to an almost full coverage if you want. The finish is, I would say, a satin finish. Depending what moisturizer or primer you use underneith it can make it look more dewy. In my opinion this foundation looks very natural, almost skin-like compared to most of the foundations I use. I don't find it to be cakey or heavy-feeling at all. I know this has shimmers in it but I honestly never really notice any shimmer when it's on my skin, maybe if I look really close in certain lighting but, even then, it's not very noticable.
WEAR-OXIDATION FACTOR:
The wear is pretty good. It's not a long-wearing foundation per-say (it doesn't claim to be). On my skin at the moment with primer & powder, it wears a good 8-10 hours. Your results may vary depending if you use a primer & powder or not & obviously it's going to wear longer on someone with dryer skin. I used to wear this foundation all the time when I was 16-17 & I had insanely oily skin. It wasn't as long-lasting & wasn't very good with oil-control but I still liked it a lot. This is one of those foundations that does oxidize on me a bit (it was worse when my skin was oilier) as it turns a bit peachier throughout the day.
OVERALL:
I do love this foundation because it has good coverage that's very customizable, the finish & texture is beautiful, it looks fairly natural, the wear time is pretty decent, the shades aren't overly yellow or pink & it has a pump (good job, Revlon!) This mixes nicely with long-wearing foundations to make them less dry & more skin-like. This foundation would work well, in my opinion on a variety of skin types. Oilier skin definitley needs to set it with powder & use a mattifying primer underneath & dry skin won't have any problem with this.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Stolz69

Love the colour & coverage but not kind to my skin at all :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by chelseaakaily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm very fair and I rarely find any foundation that works with my skin tone and my combination skin (this is why I stopped wearing foundation for over a year.. even mac didn't match my skin well.) This product actually matches my skin tone which is very impressive! It works well with my combination skin and last hours and hours! It blends well and it cost me about $10.50. I love this foundation!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by ShimmeryPastels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

First off Golden beige has neutral undertones. Medium beige has warm undertones and is darker than Golden beige.
I purchased the wrong shade for $12. Kind of pricey but I guess you have to throw in a couple bucks cause this actually comes with a pump.
There is shimmer in here. This foundation is like what VS models would wear for that shimmer/shine look.
This provides med-full coverage. The cap for this kind of sucks. It keeps coming off. But overall this is ok.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2013 2:08:00 AM More reviews by ness36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

im a huge fan of revlon photoready! i use 008 golden beige and it suited my skin tone perfectly until i bought a new bottle same shade but different label and it is much lighter than the original bottled label.im devastated and am running around stores trying to find any that still sell the old labelled bottles.i took my original bottle into priceline and showed the assistant who agreed that with the new packaging the shade is definitely lighter! i tried revlon age defy but for some reason as soon as i apply it my eyes water like crazy-i must be allergic to an ingredient.so im on the hunt for a new foundation! i wish revlon would change it back-thats why they lost a lippe for overall rating!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by logloglog

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Honestly, I bought this item in the summer and loved it! And I decided to switch to the creme.. But I resently rebought this item.. I do not like it for cold weather for some reason it worked better in the summer? I do no recommend this item for oily skinned people!! ( I have very dry skin and it makes my skin oily

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Bitefly

The worst foundation I've tried so far. It's cakey in no time and an oil slick in 3 hours. I decided to try a cheaper drug store foundation because I've had so many failures, big mistake! My hunt continues.........

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by ariestar8

Great coverage but not good for your skin at all.