November 26, 2014 | 1904 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Chance

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2013 6:45:00 AM More reviews by fiouu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This smells -on me- like I ran through a perfume shop spraying every single thing in a bottle of water and then drenched myself in it. Has an amazing sillage but no staying power whatsoever, mind you mine's in edp concentration. It's also very oily on the skin (kinda like mitsouko). Won't be repurchasing since I have the large bottle (a pia to carry around since the metal cap keeps falling off and don't know why), packaging is cute but not useful at all. I wear this when I want to smell nice but don't really know what to wear. It's pretty average to be a chanel.
IMHO eau tendre and eau fraiche are better, cleaner, fresher smelling. And this being a 'chypre' well, I get more wood from Tresor In Love than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by TaraAliceBuckT

I love Chance. I wore it for years and it's so nostalgic to me. It's feminine, not too musky or heavy, but has a nice weight to it. The staying power is crazy, you only need a couple sprays.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by via1313

Chanel chance edp...distinctive, sophisticated, a cut above the rest. For a couple of years I was pretty close to buying this fragrance but it didn't seem financially sound to buy the small bottle when I could get the biggest bottle for an extra 40 dollars or so. So I had to wait for the cash for the biggest bottle of course. I first bought chanel chance eau fraiche and knew original chance would eventually be part of my perfume arsenal. Finally it is mine all mine--i orded my bottle from chanel.com and for some reason I didn't have to pay tax--saving about 15 dollars it also came with a black drawstring chanel.com logo pouch and a couple of chanel samples. On to the fragrance--i am sure others have described in detail what this smells like on here and fragrantica so I won't do that. I will tell you how this is different. I am a perfume fanatic--often doing my 'research' on fragrance boards, blogs etc. to see what others have to say about a fragrance. I then become entranced by the fragrance by sampling and reading how great a fragrance is. Then I will buy the fragrance--ebay, ulta, sephora, fragrance net, amazon, etc. Waiting, waiting, waiting for my fragrance to arrive--checking my phone to look up where my fragrance is in the transit process--like a true addict--until finally I get home and see that package on my doorstep. Palms sweaty, heart beating quickly--true love or lust anyway--i open the package--and think--mine, finally mine all mine. Then I will wear a fragrance for a few days and add it to the arsenal and on to the next...reasearch, order, ope, wear..on to the next. Sure it will get play in my rotation but I move on to my next obsession. Chance is different--the other day I took ALL of my perfumes out and said--this is ridiculous! I need to stop 'stalking' these fragrances and actually use them. I have probably 60 bottles or more. So I took the night to smell them all again--some were sweet, youthful some were spicy, some heavy, some light...you get the picture. At the end of the night I came to one conclusion--during the past 2 years Chance edp is the best fragrance I have purchased. It is like your best friend that never lets you down--a friendship that lasts--she isn't too loud--you can take her anywhere day or night, she says the right things, acts appropriately in any given situation--she is a class act. Not too youthful, not too mature, not too spicy, not too sweet--she lasts throughout the day and night. You always have fun when you 'hang out' with her--you can count on her. This is the rare fragrance that you can wear to work interview, board meeting, hanging out at a baseball game in a tshirt and out to an elegant dinner or wedding (even on your wedding day!)and never feel out of place. Fall, winter, spring, summer--she is there for you. This fragrance becomes you. 3 spritzes and I am good for the day--i get compliments from women asking me to write the name down for them--my guy doesn't complain when I wear it--which doesn't sound like a big deal--but sometimes he makes remarks that aren't positive with some of my other perfumes. This is one that can become a signature...one your kids will remember you wearing when would get ready for a big night out or the one you put on before going to work in the mornings. I know it is pricey but a few spritzes last and the drydown is clean (while still being interesting) and sophisticated. I might spray one more spritz on my lunchbreak for a touch up. I imagine a french woman wearing this--fitted black blazer over a simple white tank, skinny jeans and kitten heels or maybe tall michael kors style boots (in a camel color) and a beautiful scarf, simple pearl earrings, sheer makeup, naturally styled hair and of course a couple of spritzes of chance edp! Take a 'chance' on chance--if you end up not liking it you can take it back to sephora, ulta, etc. Chanel.com even sends you a return shipping label and with your online order--knowing perfecly well you won't be sending it back. :) When all is said and done maybe my chase is over...maybe I have found my true signature??? Hmmm...maybe I will start looking up reviews on the Chance body lotion? Might need to stop by the mall to try out the lotion! Lol the chase never ends...that's life I suppose! (PS sorry for typos--i typed this up quickly on my phone in my car--when I was supposed to be at my desk working, instead of on this site! Lol). Happy sniffing! Enjoy life and always take a CHANCE!

8 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by CheshireCat88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOVE this perfume, its such a beautiful summer's day smell and suits me so well, everyone comments on how it goes well with me. If you want a womanly perfume thats not too harsh but is light then try Chance.

The bottle comes in a lovely little Chanel pouch to protect it and the bottle itself is really sturdy.

Love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by melanieschmidt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My husband got this for me for V-day and I love it. It's vibrant, fresh, fruity, girly and makes me feel like I just walked through a veil of sparkling diamonds and took a walk in a meadow of fresh grass and orange trees. It's miraculous.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by suzlynn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been a die hard Coco fan for years, but I think I like Chance just as much. It's light, warm and long-lasting on me. I bought it for special occasions, but I wear it every day now. I have received a lot of compliments!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by nicolekaulitz13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this fragrance! i have the EDP and it lasts on my skin for days even after i take a shower. I get several compliments daily even though i've been wearing this perfume for two years now. I agree it is expensive and as an 18 yr. old who makes minimum wage its definitely a splurge but one i am willing to make over and over again. This perfume literally makes me feel so sexy and feminine even if im just lounging around in sweats. I would definitely go test out this fragrance since it may work differently with your body chemistry and it is an expensive perfume. I definitely reccomend the EDP it lasts much longer on the skin and i personally prefer the scent it gives off compared to the EDT.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Chanel Chance EDP is such a classy, well-blended, warm fragrance. It's a softer, more well rounded and less shrill than Coco Mademoiselle. It's a fragrance I wear everywhere from the office, to church to a night out. I've received compliments from men while wearing this, too, as it's also a somewhat sexy scent. Of all the Chanels I own, Chance is my favorite because it blends so well with my chemistry. The longevity is amazing as one spritz will last a full day. Typically I wear two to three spritzes which last from one shower to the next. Sillage is noticeable yet not overpowering. I highly recommend, especially for those whom the other traditional Chanels don't appeal. Chance is a great gateway to the iconic brand.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This perfume smells amazing. It has a light, musky baby powder scent that doesn't smell like grandma, if that makes any sense? Haha. This smelled amazing on my friend but it didn't work on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by BinkyRose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this as a sort of pay day trea,t after smelling it in the shop I loved it! After a while though I got a bit sick of it and it smelt very sweet and peppery, it was still wearable but I don't think I will buy it again. Not worth it for the price!