July 24, 2014 | 1620 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by ashram11

I was looking for a cheap eye shadow base and came across this one. It works good for a short period of time maybe 6 hours top then my eye shadows start to crease and fade. I wouldn't buy it again but for the price its worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by mignondee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have all three of the NYX bases and I like them all. I think people give it less stars because they are using it wrong, or they compare it to UDPP or Shadow Insurance (which I personally don't like), but it is not comparable to those because they are two different products. The NYX is a base...not a primer. No...it is not the same thing. Primers help to smooth out the surface that you are using it on...a base helps the shadows stick and be more vibrant. If you use the primer of your choice, (I like UDPP, Ruby Kisses *dupe for UDPP*, or Lorac), then apply the NYX base, I think that you will like it. It gets 5 stars from me...

PS. I am a freelance MUA who has been in the game over 10 yrs. (Just an FYI) :-)

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2011 3:21:00 AM More reviews by iheartmypitbull

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure that this isn't just concealer repackaged and re-marketed as an eyeshadow base because that's exactly what it seems like to me. It's way too greasy to be a good ES base, even if you only use the smallest amount. It didn't make my shadow last any longer although it did make it a tiny bit more vibrant. However, I still don't see any difference at all between this product and a concealer. Furthermore, the color is pretty dark and VERY yellow-toned which looks freaky on my fair, cool-toned skin.

I do use it occasionally when I'm really tired to neutralize some of the purple on my lids but then again, I can do the exact same thing with concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by ticklez88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like the packaging, I like the product and for the price it is soooo worth it. This little beauty was one of my first e/s bases and I love it. Sometimes it can be a bit stiff - you just need to let your finger warm it up a bit. It ever creases and suits my skin beautifully. It also keeps my eyeshadows on and provides a great canvas to work with. I have had mine over a year and there is still a ton left!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

These are fantastic! Super creamy and doesn't look cakey or crease. Makes my eyeshadow really pop and keeps them their till I want to remove them! These are soo worth the purchase, I also have this in the White and Pearl as well.
I sometimes just wear this alone, just the colour alone gives my eye lids that naked and bright/refresh look.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by sandi149

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is not bad....they really shouldn't call it skin tone as not everyone's skin tone is the color of this product. I know it is a bit dark for me. It does keep my shadow on all day but I can't use it with certain colors as it will show through. Best to use it with neutral colors such as browns, tans and golds. I do think it works very well as a base. I just wish it was lighter.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by desertrose156

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like some Nyx products but not this one. I bought it as a cheap option for a primer. You might as well use concealer as a base. This is skin colored and people with oily lids might like it because it does prevent oily lids. I have dry lids and this was uncomfortable on them. It didn't do much to intensify or add ease to blending my shadows. I also don't like having to dip my finger in the jar although you could use a brush. Please go out and the e.l.f. one it works much better and it's the one I'm using currently.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 7:50:00 AM More reviews by Foua

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love when using this, I can still easily blend my eyeshadow.
Does not crease, i have normal skin type f.y.i.
The amount goes a long way.
...Use a certain brush, instead of a finger, small enough to dig in the pot and with the right tip to apply onto the lid.
This is a staple out of my make up stash.
I bought this for $3.99.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Meg14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This color is way too dark for me to be skin tone, it changes the color of my lighter eyeshadow and creases even more than just plain eyeshadow (no base). If you have oily lids, like me, this is terrible, it may work better of you have dry lids. Personally I'd rather spend the extra $ on UD primer potion

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by rwarrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Great base, definitely makes eyeshadows stand out more. It doesn't hold up for as long as I'd like it to, but will get me through a work day or through a night. Fantastic product!