September 17, 2014 | 1076 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by BriJax01

If you don't have super oily lids this is great!! I get some small creasing, but for $1 it's for sure a go to primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by rfoss16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this since the price is so affordable, but it unfortunately made my eyes itchy.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Coraldc

Great product, but horrible smell!!

PROS:
This is a great eyelid primer - it goes on smoothly, a little goes a long way, and it makes putting on eye makeup easy. It makes eye shadow colours more vibrant (makes them "pop") and helps to keep the eye shadow stay in place and prevent colour depositing in the crease throughout the day. Great price.

CONS:
The smell is minging!!! It smells like synthetic plastic horribleness... it's not a smell I've been able to get used to, and although the product does what it's supposed to the smell has completely put me off using it.

The packaging is very basic, and when trying to get the applicator out of the bottle it sticks at the end, so you have to be a bit forceful to get the end of the wand out of the bottle which causes it to flick product around if you're not careful.

VERDICT:
I will not be repurchasing, I will be spending more money on a better smelling product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Yolyalex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this primer. I have tried different primers and eyeshadow base like Laura Mercier, Pixi, and wet n wild take the day on, basically looking for something that won't dry my lids since they are already dry, and I have to say this does a pretty good job! Much better than the products I've mentioned before. It's hard to find a good eye primer when you have dry eyelids because I feel most products are made to prevent oiliness. This primer is not tacky or too dry, a little goes a long way, and my eyeshadow stays put through a whole 8 hours. I'm not too crazy about the packaging but it's not a big deal. For $1 I'm stocking up on these for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG! I haven't been able to find a single thing other than this that does the trick on preventing that half-moon shape that happens on my hooded eyelids from using eyeliner. ELF's Essential Eye Primer feels thin and a bit oily between your fingers, though dries with a powder-like finish that looks natural and feels soft.

Really lovely primer that comes in a tiny tube with a cute wand like lip gloss. I'm not in love with the packaging so much, seeing as you can't ever really get the last bit of product in there, though that's a minor problem.

Does wonders to even my very, very fair skin tone. Plus, have you seen the price? $1.00? Ridiculous! I'm in love!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Lr1336

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like how smoothly this primer goes on. You really don't need more than a dot or two of primer per eyelid because it's thin and sheer. Those complaining that it's too oily may be putting too much on. Overall, it makes even the worst eyeshadows stay on for hours and it blends well for all skin colors. I mean it's a dollar-you won't be losing much if you find that you don't like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2014 6:53:00 AM More reviews by lucyzta

This is the worst E.L.F. product I have tried. This primer was oily on my eyelids and made my eyeshadow crease faster than if I had no primer on again. I ended up tossing this after a few unsuccessful attempts with it. For $1 though I didn't mind! Definitely worth trying to see if it works for you for that price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by jshuipetitefille

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't know why some people have bad reviews about this product; but then again not all products are suitable for everyone. I live in Singapore where it's so hot and humid all year round. On top of that, I need to work under the heat and I need to commute so much during the day. Without primer, my eyeshadow disappears after 3 hours max. I use cheap eyeshadow - I am currently using Sephora. However, with this primer, it can last me more than 8 hours. That's already impressive for me, and I know I don't have to go and spend all my money on an Urban Decay primer that's too expensive for what it is.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by hersheykiss1313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this primer. I read wonderful reviews, claiming that this was a steal. However, it must have some kind of irritant in the formula because it broke me out into a nasty red rash. I've tried this numbers of times, thinking it may be some other product that caused the nasty rash on my eyelid, but the common denominator is always this product. I even tried putting this on one eyelid and my UDPP on another, and the ELF always broke me out.

I've had a number of ELF products I've loved (their Blush/Bronzing Cream, HD Powder, pro brushes), but sadly, this did not cut it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 1:43:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bleeck! This sux! I grabbed one of these at Target bc my fave youtube beauty guru swore by it-tisk tisk... This stuff is REALLY sticky. Uncomfortably so. It also will not hold shadow or prevent creasing. While only a buck, it was still a waste of money. I will stick with my trusted Urban Decay primer.