December 20, 2014 | 865 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by BubblegumKisses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

All I can say about this product is YEEEESSS. Before buying this, I just tried using concealer as a primer, but it creased horribly. This actually withstands my oily eyelids and keeps my shadows on all day!! I used this primer today when i went to a glassblower studio and my shadows DID NOT BUDGE even next to the heat of 3 furnaces! Just remember that this is a primer, it doesn't claim to make your shadows look more vibrant, although it does help a little with that. For $1, you must! try this if you have not!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Chinesegirl04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Con's
- didnt help with the shadow, after 1 hour my shadow greased.
- little product in the tube.

Its around $1-2 in the states, but here it is around $5,- for the elf primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by melissalovesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great primer for beginners - but that's about it. I find that there are so many better quality primers for just a few dollars more. I do see a difference in using this and using nothing at all, but after wearing during the day I found that the eyeshadow creased and caked with this primer. The eyeshadow found its way into the lines in my eyes and the colors separated and it didn't look very pretty. I find myself always using my UDPP or my WnW Fergie eyeshadow primer. They work 1000x better and I don't notice any problems with either of them. The WnW primers is a bit more oily so I do prefer my UDPP over everything. If you are just beginning makeup, I would recommend using this primer because it's an inexpensive way to experiment with makeup. For the first few months when I was buying makeup I would stick to drugstore makeup such as E.L.F., Covergirl, Maybelline, WnW, and N.Y.C. After a while of experimenting with makeup from these brands, I find myself STILL loving them but also loving my Urban Decay, Lorac, and Sephora brand makeup. I will NEVER stop buying inexpensive brands because sometimes the deal is too great to pass up and a lot of the time you are pleasantly surprised by the quality of some of these products, but they won't live up to the standards of a more pricey high-quality product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by SteffStarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was actually very pleasantly surprised by this primer! I've tried my fair share of primers from Urban Decay, Too Faced, Smashbox, and NYX. For how cheap it is, it works just as well and the Urban Decay and Too Faced primers, possibly even surpassing the Urban Decay Primer Potion since shadows seem to blend over the ELF Primer better. I don't have major issues with eyeshadows creasing that I used to, but I like this primer for how it provides a base for my eyeshadows without drying my lids out or making it too hard to blend. It has a creamy texture similar to UDPP, and a little thicker than TFSI or the NYX HD Eye Primer. I also find that my shadows last all day with this without creasing, and I wear my makeup for over 12 hours most days. I don't really notice if this makes my shadows appear more vibrant as I always layer a cream shadow over this, but I'm glad that it prevents my eyeshadows from creasing all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this primer! I can most definitely tell a difference in the lasting power of my shadows when I don't use this. It has sort of an odd smell (reminds me of glue, funnily enough). It is the same color as the tube, but when it goes on it blends in and is clear.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2014 7:38:00 PM More reviews by saddle57

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just purchased the E.L.F. Essential Eyelid Primer in Sheer yesterday. I was very excited to use it, because I read so many great reviews about it. I won't be using it a second time. I have to say it smells horrible, like plastic. The doe foot applicator is alright, and it went on like a dream. My eyeshadow looked really nice when I left the house. It's after I got home from work, that I looked in the mirror and was horrified! It caked, creased, and went into all my lines, nooks and crannies. It was actually flaking off! Maybe it's only good for a few hours. I have very dry skin on my face, and maybe now my lids are dry too. I normally take back any makeup that does not work for me, but since this was only a dollar, it's not worth it. I tossed it in the trash. If it works for you great, because you can't beat the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

Bought this on Drugstore with a 20% off coupon, bringing the total to about $2. I had read that this is a dupe for Urban Decay's eye primer, which I will not to go to work without. I get horrible creases in my shadow if I am not wearing UD, and that is after only a few hours.

I was shocked at how well this worked and how little of it I needed to keep my shadow from traveling all day (even through a nap!). Shocking in the best way--it is only 10% the price of a typical UD, which I would (and have) paid full price for ($22!). Very excited about this discovery.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by madisonhouston9

There are certainly pros and cons to this product.
Pros- only $1, a little goes a long way, blendable, finishes into a powder
Cons- only works if you put NYX jumbo eye pencil over it, bad packaging, greasy and oily feel

Overall, I like it and will continue to purchase this product. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Shopah0lic21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I actually like this better than the urban decay primer potion?! And for the price, can't beat it. Simple to use,cheap, and effective= winning.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Benyakult

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I smell nothing from this product. It makes an eyeshadow color show off better. But it neither makes the eyeshadow last longer nor prevent them to crease. I think if you don't have an super oily skin like me, this product is great. Because it is soooooooo cheap!