November 24, 2014 | 1928 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Alicia Silverstone 5-piece Brush Set

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2010 7:05:00 AM More reviews by jqsuared

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am in love with Ecotool brushes. Screw Mac and any other expensive brush because these are AMAZING. Perfect brushes for the perfect price. I own just about all of them and I hold them very near and dear to my heart. These puppies are a God send.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by sarahlovesmakeup101

I love these brushes :D. There so soft against my sensitive skin. There so fluffy and nice. I use them all the time. And for 15$ for the stiffling brush, blush brush and eye shadow brush it it a great deal.
The only thing I don't like is that I don't even use the brow brush. I wish that was a concealer, or any other brush that that one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 8:28:00 PM More reviews by wesayhello

I was looking for a vegan duo fiber brush and this is it!
It is so soft and the perfect amount of full/firmness. I like that it isn't a short handle, giving it a professional look. The other brushes in the set are also great and the bag is pretty. I would highly recommend and would repurchase it.

I hope ecotools will make the finishing brush a part of their permanent line.

I ordered this from Amazon for a little over $20 with free 2day shipping. There was an option for a cheaper price but the delivery was much longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 3:27:00 AM More reviews by HelloKittyHun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really really like these brushes!! This is a great value for the price. For $16 it's worth it for 4 nice brushes and a very helpful case.

The stippling brush, I'm not sure is used for liquid foundation but it says it's used for finishing powders. This is great use for it. It gives light applications of beauty powders, light applications of powder foundation and finishing mineral powders. SO NICE.

The blush brush is my fave. I've had the other blush brush that came with the 6-piece set and I enjoy that one too. This one applies just the right amount of blush. Not too much, not too little. I build up the right color intensity with this brush. I would much rather have a brush that doesn't pick up a lot and I can build the color I want.

Some people don't seem to like the eyeshadow brush, but I DO!! This is SUCH a versatile brush! You can get into the crease, all over lid color, outer v (what I use it for) AND your brown bone. The only thing I don't think you can really do with this is blending. But omg, it picks up a good amount of product for me and it distributes it evenly. I wish Ecotools would sell this brush and the finishing brush alone! I would totally buy!

The eyebrow/eyelash groomer brush is my least fave. I have no use for it. I don't use those kinds of brushes to groom my brows, I use mascara spoolies. I use it to de-clump my lashes and it works well. But I wish they would have put a different brush in there. Like another eye brush.

The case is nice. It's very "eco" looking lol. I like that it has a lot of space and place to put my brushes. I would definitely take it traveling with me.
The only problem I have is that when the brushes came in the case, I wish they put plastic sleeves over it because the bristles were just scrunching and squished against each other when I got it.
I might wanna get another one before these go off the shelves since these brushes are limited edition! Nice job ecotools with these ones!
And of course with the other eco tools brushes, no shedding and super soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by lkbass1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these brushes! They are soft and they apply make-up beautifully. They are good priced and great quality!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by LeezyBeast

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good product! I got the last package that had the full set. Apparently someone opened the other package for the stipple brush. Now I can see why. That brush is a steal! (Pun intended) I don't why I have never invested in a stipple brush but it makes my liquid foundation more even and natural! Plus I save more product.

I use each and every tool which is ultra soft. I agree with a past reviewer who said this was comparable to Too Faced brushes. I just love it! I need another just for the stipple brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2010 2:57:00 AM More reviews by ICKSICKYUCK

WOW! Okay so we all know how expensive brushes can be but these are amazing for the price. They are SO soft compared to other brushes I have used & are such good quality. I will admit I'm not a fan of the eye shadow brushes, they don't seem to pick up much color but the facial brushes are VERY, VERY soft & work fabulously!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2010 1:44:00 AM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

This was not my first Ecotools purchase, and I can promise you it will not be my last. There is a reason why these brushes are talking about so much Ė they are awesome! People where finding these at Target some time ago, but I never saw it. Months later it randomly showed up at my local Walmart Ė the set was around $20 Ė it seemed like a bit much at first, but when I thought about it, it really is pretty cheap!

Overall impression: As with all the ecotools stuff, they are amazingly soft and luxurious feeling. They are all very good quality Ė no shedding, no pokey parts, and I like the smaller handles of the eye brushes. This is a pretty great set for on the go Ė as it is marketed to be. You can do a lot with just these few brushes Ė but I will go more into detail about that in a minuet. The case is perfect for on the go as well. I use these as my everyday brushes, I may even buy another set so I can have some on the go, too.

Hereís the break down of the brushes:

-Finishing Brush: (a.k.a. skunk or duo fiber) Itís a pretty typical of this kind of brush. It is, surprisingly, very good quality. I have purchased a few other DS ones, and most of them fall apart. Itís a little but too soft/fluffy/floppy compared to others, so I donít think it would work well for foundation, but I havenít tried it yet. I use mine for bronzer or highlighter because it really dose help to give a light hand to application. It works well for finishing power, but I use the ecotools large powder brush for that.

-Blush Brush: This is the most amazing blush brush I have ever laid my hands on! I cannot really figure out how they did it, but it just seems to be perfect for everything. Itís tapered in such a way that makes is somewhere between a round brush and an angled brush. After using it for some time, it seems to have contoured itself to fit exactly into the hallows of my cheeks Ė itís just the most amazing yet bizarre thing. I have never had a brush do that before. I use this brush to apply contour color, bronzer, blush or highlight. It can pretty much do it all! I whish I could buy this brush sperately, because I would love to have a few since it works so well for so many things.

-Angled Eye Shadow Brush: This brush is huge, I am small, I have small eyes, and my first impression was that I wouldnít really use this, even though it is so lovely and very soft. However, Iíve tried playing with it, and like the previous brush, I find this to be a very great multi-tasker! Depending on the angle I use it, it can use it to apply an all over eye color, contour the crease (but it is thick, so it wont work with all colors) and even to blend harsh lines/crease colors. It works really well when I am in a hurry, and need to streamline my look. I use this one brush and 2 neutral eye colors (one light, one medium) and I get a very nice, soft look that I am very happy with.

-Lash & Brow Groomer: nothing really special. It does the job, but these are a dime a dozen, but it is nice to have if you donít have one already.

-Brush Case: It is so pretty! I love the combination of the burlap and lovely painted flowers. It really keeps in the theme of going green and still being famine. It would work nicely for a on the go make-up bag because it has a place for your brushes to keep them from being smashed, and a separate compartment for your make up. The size is pretty decent. You can really fit a lot of stuff in there, but it doesnít look huge and bulky either. Iím actually using it for my pens & pencils for school at the moment Ė itís the perfect size for that, too! It is very well constructed, which I, as a sewer, really appreciate. I imagine it will last a while, and the inside seams are bound, so it looks nicer, too.

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by beautyaddict1982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I first remember these brushes being @ Ulta for the 2009 Christmas Holiday eyed them each & everytime but never bought them....when I finally did hear great things about this set it was sold out @ Ulta....& was then only available online @ Target......so happy walmart now have them....ran to my local wal & there they were.........THESE BRUSHES ARE SOFT DENSE & HELL GOOD I LIKE THE ANGLED E/S BRUSH & THE E/B GROOM (USE THAT TO COLOR E/B & HIGHLIGHT MY BANG..........I LOVE THE BLUSH BRUSH & THE STIPLING BRUSH.......& THE CASE IS EQUALLY FAB SINCE IT HOLDS A TON OF DAILY MU......CRUELTY FREE, ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY & LOOKN GORGEOUS WHILE DOING THIS......LADIES THIS A DEF A MUST BUY.......

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2010 3:24:00 AM More reviews by judyn9uyen

love this! love how travel friendly it is and has a separate compartment for your brushes and it's clear so you can see them. roomy middle compartment perfect for all your weeekend/overnight makeup products. the brushes are of course fantastic as well, super soft and applies makeup beautifully. i prefer this skunk brush over MAC 187, it just feels nicer on the skin and i love to use it with all over face powders and super pigmented blushes like bobbi brown or nars. the blush brush picks up a perfect amount of blush for the apples of the cheeks or MAC sheertone blushes. i use the angled eyeshadow blush to blend out my crease or apply a wash of color all over my lid. i know most people don't like the eyebrow brush, but i use it everyday after applying brow powder to soften the look and it has a nice weight and feel to it, not too scratchy like some eyebrow brushes. sooo all this quality and convenience and to know you're doing the environment good. i'm a happy camper!!