April 20, 2014 | 1168 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - Full Cover Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by demetra02

This is the only concealer I use. I only use it on my dark spots from acne scars, not under eyes since it is too thick. After my foundation, I put this on the spots that were not covered and it works wonders. You only need a small amount and it covers a huge are. My colour is 12 and it matches very well with my foundation and skin. I use it every day. This was the only product I used when I went on vacation to Goa and it stayed on in that humid weather from morning til night and even when I went to the beach, it didn't wash off which I loved. Even if you want to touch up your makeup, the packaging is small and great to put in your bag if needed. This is one of my HG products, I always have it with me whenever I travel.

The only downside is the price which is around $40 for a small tube, which is expensive for a concealer, but with the coverage you get it is completely worth it.

I would definitely recommend this product. I would get a sample from Sephora first before buying it so you can see what a dream product this is.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2013 7:43:00 AM More reviews by halinagimik93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product seems to garner rave reviews from the beauty world but for some reason, I didn't quite get on with it. I wanted to love it - I really did. Especially with the hefty price tag. I did like the packaging, the nozzle was small & it was easy to control the amount of product needed. Coverage was full, true to its claim. Unfortunately, for my relatively pale NC15-NC20 skintone, I couldn't find a perfect colour match. The shade selection in Singapore is quite limited so I got the lightest shade 3 which seemed like a perfect match, however, immediately this product oxidises and becomes ORANGE on me. Instead of concealing my blemishes and spots, it makes them more stand out even more! Secondly, this product does not photograph well. It flashes back like Crazy, leaving me with little white spots in pictures!!!! Really odd considering it looks orange in person. And finally, powder products do not sit well on this concealer at all, it makes my blush look patchy and uneven. I have found a holy grail in Hard Candy Glamoflauge for a fraction of the price & it doesn't oxidise nor flashback!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Amandajudy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love this product. It is a little expensive for me, but so much better than others I have found. I use it for blemishes AND undereye. It does get in creases some but I have tried a bunch of stuff and I would rather have a few creases that HUGE black bags! It lasts pretty consistently over the course of the day. It covers the acne scars in my cheeks well. I use it and then add a pressed powder. It has a nice finish and I have received a lot of positive compliments since using.

I have to admit that I have not tried the MAC line which ppl rave abt. BUT I prefer the tube packaging and putting it on with a concealer brush. So that is my only caveat.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Jen283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This concealer offers FULL coverage, which is what I was looking for. I use this under my eyes. I know it's "too heavy" for under my eyes, but people that say that don't have bad under eye circles! Mine are so bad... so I need a full coverage concealer for them. It does feel a bit heavy on the skin, and I do get a tad bit of creasing, even after setting with powder. But I'd rather have that than the dark circles, so I'm ok with the minor creases.

IMPORTANT: When trying on this product in store, let it dry for about 10 minutes, then look at the color again. This product dries a shade or two darker than what it looks like when you first put it on.

I really like this product, but I will probably try another full coverage concealer after this runs out, which will be a long time from now. A little bit goes a long way with this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by LoveTrooper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this and ONLY this concealer for about four years. After gradually switching to only organic body and beauty products over the last two years, my mascara and this concealer were the only non-organic products left in my beauty bag. I have now replaced MUFE Full Cover with Dr. Hauschka's Cover Stick. While I was VERY skeptical about the staying power of organic make-up, my skin is so much better 1+ month later that I now firmly believe that MUFE Full Cover was behind my oft-clogged pores and skin woes. That being said...

MUFE Full Cover Pros:

- At first glance, this concealer is great value for what you actually spend per tube. My first tube lasted me two years (!), even with daily use on my undereye cycles and near-daily use on small blemishes.

- It covers quite well and really stays put. Very little or no re-application necessary during the day.

But...

MUFE Full Cover Cons:

- Do your body and skin a favor and RESEARCH what you are putting on/into it. If you understand the products you are using, you can make more informed decisions whether to splurge a bit more on organic products or whether you are satisfied with the value of your current product. Many of the ingredients in this concealer are made from petroleum, synthetic or products that are otherwise unduly tested for long-term safety. Ingredients: Water, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, isododecane,cyclopentasiloxane, glycerin, polyethylene, microcrystaline cellulose, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, sodium myristoyl glutamate, silica dimethyl silylate, magnesium sulfate, sodium chloride, xanthan gum, propylene carbonate, propylparaben, octyldodecyl myristate, capparis spinosa fruit extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, chlorphenesin, allantoin, tetrasodium edta. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

- After switching to Dr. Hauschka's Cover Stick, my pores are hardly ever clogged and when I do get a break-out, it's smaller, contained and heals much, much faster (one day instead of, say, four or five for all redness to disappear) The DH Cover Stick does not have quite the staying power that MUFE Full Cover provides, but it is such a high-quality concealer and my skin has cleared up so much that I will never look back. Since nothing else in my skincare routine/diet/lifestyle has changed, I am convinced that MUFE Full Cover was more the problem than the cure.

Each person and complexion is different, of course, and this review only reflects my personal experience, but if you are shopping for a new concealer, I urge you to do your research and give organic (and your body!) a chance. Some high-quality brands that contain safe, natural products beside Dr. Hauschka include INIKA, RMS Beauty, Living Nature, Vapour Organic Beauty and Suki.

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by tdhx0

Wow! Hands down the best concealer I've ever tried. I've repurchased this 4 times already. My skin looks so flawless when I use this. A little goes a very long way. Yes, it's expensive ($32) but it lasts me forever so it's worth the money. Nothing compares to this concealer! It provides the fullest coverage and I just can't get enough!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by TootsDiva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm very partial to this product. I purchased it at Sephora and gasped at the price of $37 CAD. I bit the bullet and purchased it after a long debate in store. I purchased the colour #18 chocolate and was happy with the match. The product is very thick and def conceals very well. Considering I don't have much dark spots, or dark circles on my face I think it was a bit overkill and I choose a concealer that was incorrect for my personal use. I believe if you have dark imperfections/dark circles on your face that this concealer will work very well for you and it also lasts all day as promised (waterproof). I have since returned it because I think I need to stick to my light weight concealers for sure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

I m not sure how i feel about this product even though i have been using it for quite sometimes and heres why…in terms of coverage and texture…i dun find it as incredible as most people…i have to layer quite a bit to cover some spots…its also hard to blend at slighly dry areass…a big problem i have is due to the color selection…i m around nc30 and i m in between 6 and 7…therefore i need to mix two colors to get my match…and here the problem…!! I usually mix the two colors on the back of my hand and then use a brush to apply…and everytime when i m half way done the mix will completely dry up on my hand and i need to mix more which is very time consuming and annoyinggg!!! i will try to finish them coz they r kinda expensive but i have been reaching for the nars radiant concealer more when i m not in the mood to mix and want to do my face quick…!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I honestly cannot decide whether or not I like this. For a while I loved it, then I hated it and then I was liking it again.

It definitely is a full coverage concealer, for a liquid concealer, it's pretty decent at covering red blemishes.

I had to learn how to apply this just right. It's something you have to kind of pack on and press into. It also helps, as usual, to have a pressed powder.

I was hoping for the price to find an all-in-one, but like other liquids, it didn't cover my most worst of all blemishes.

I would purchase it again, especially for the convenience of a squeeze tube, but not readily for the price that it costs. MUFE has some nice cosmetics, but I don't feel like this is the most amazing one.

One kudo I have to give to MUFE though is that they have gotten the closest to my skin color than anyone else.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by SICUxRN

HG concealer. A little goes a very long way, the tube lasts forever. Great spot coverage. I use a small amount of BB cream, spot coverage with the concealer and a touch of mineral veil. Perfect combination!