TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

Love this highlighter. It's not too shimmery (provided you use a light hand) and leaves a pretty sheen on the skin. It's a gorgeous champagne colour and the product itself is so smooth. You also get a huge amount of product for the price too (I think I paid AUD$31.95 at David Jones). It also has suoer cute packaging which is a plus!

on 9/18/2014 3:59:00 AM

The most beautiful highlighter! Every time i shop for a new highlighter for a change I always end up not getting it because it doesn't live up to mary-lou. Its a nice champagney shade and it it SUPER pigmented. I also love using it as a eyeshadow so its very versatile.

on 9/9/2014 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I first heard about this product through Michelle Phan's "How to Look Like Miranda Kerr". She used it as a face highlight as well as an inner-corner highlight. I'd been searching for a highlight that was not pink-based for quite sometime. I think that they must've reformulated this luminizer because I found it on Amazon for $13! So cheap! It will last me a long time. If I find another yellow-based highlighter better than this one than I won't repurchase, so far this is the best one I've tried yet!

on 9/6/2014 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Words don't even begin to describe how much I LOVE this stuff!!! It is the perfect highlighter. I get compliments all the time when I wear this. It is on the pricey side but it's SO pigmented that you just have to lightly tap your brush into it, so you'll have it for ages before it runs out!

on 7/31/2014 11:46:00 AM

This is a very frosty highlighter that would look best on young, good skin. The best reviews seem to be from people in their teens and twenties. On older skin it emphasizes bumps and fine lines and it can look too severe, even when applied with a light hand and a high-end Japanese brush. For older skin I much prefer the Lorac highlighter. But if you are younger and want to make a statement, this is the one.

on 7/31/2014 11:27:00 AM

I LOVE this highlighter! It's defiantly worth the price! It is really pigmented, so I use it with a light hand. And since it's so pigmented, it works great as an eyeshadow! I always get compliments on how healthy looking my skin looks whenever I'm wearing this. A must have makeup product for me!

on 7/29/2014 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I ordered this on amazon for about 30% off regular retail price. I was so excited for it to arrive, I kept thinking it was going to revolutionize my makeup, and I would look like a glowing angel. (I don't know, I read a lot of positive reviews.) so it arrived one evening and I brushed it on top of my 8+ hour old makeup, with the cheap brush that was included in the amazon order, and I was disappointed to see that it looked a little clumpy. Maybe clumpy is the wrong word, but it wasn't really smooth. So I bought a nice fan brush and tried again on fresh makeup a few days later. I could barely see it, but when I looked closer, it seemed to highlight in certain concentrated areas more than others. I out more on, and when my sister came over later that day I asked if she could see it and she said no. So I showed her the powder (she's 18, and remarked that she liked the packaging) and we tried it on her skin, because even though she's fair, like me, she likes to tan and her skin is a little warmer. I couldn't see it on her either. I put more on myself and we decided it was too similar to our skin tones to highlight. Plus, the fact that it's champagne-colored makes it really not settle cleanly into my cool-toned skin. Although later, from further away, we noticed each other's skin did look a little bit smoother and more glowy (we'd just brushed it on our cheekbones. I tried it in the corner of my eyes and it was too dark, so I'm nt doing that anymore.) overall, it's nice for a subtle look, and would probably work best on people with warm tones, or who have a little more melanin in their skin than I do. But I wouldn't but it again.

on 7/18/2014 1:04:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I went ahead and bought it after reading such good reviews about it; I was not disappointed! Just amazing champagne tone shimmer with no glitter in it! Really makes your cheekbones pop, especially in pictures.

on 7/13/2014 10:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really love this highlighter. It has a yellow/gold base which is really nice on my tan skin. White based highlighters tend to make me look like a disco ball.

on 7/11/2014 10:04:00 PM

This product is very shimmery or glowy, so you have to have a light hand when applying this to your face. I overapplied and ended up having to blend it out for five minutes. The effect really is flattering and lasts all day. The packaging is just too adorable and is quite sturdy as well. This is a really nice product, although I wish the price were not so steep for a highlighter.

Top Rated TheBalm Products