Sonia Kashuk Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 (tube)

3.6

Contains: Active Ingredients - Octinoxate and Avobenzone. Inactive Ingredients - Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, C12-15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, DEA-Cetyl Phosphate, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Polysorbate 60, Hexyl Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dromiceius Oil,Tocopheryl Acetate, Carbomer, Allantoin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Ascorbate, Methylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben,Propylparaben. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide), Mica.

on 6/13/2012 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I had been using foundation everyday for a long time, but grew tired of the heavy feeling and decided I needed a change. This TM went on so smoothly, and really makes my skin look healty/brighter. It has a decent amount of coverage but I do still dab on a little concealer on stubborn broken capillaries (though I'm sure putting on a second layer of TM in those areas would've done it). I'm also happy with the staying power when I use primer and setting spray. I have sensitive skin and surprisingly did not break out from this. My only gripe is that this catches onto and exaggerates this one extremeeeely dry patch on my face, so I have to use something else on that.

on 6/4/2012 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

(I hesitate to jump the gun and write this review since I’ve only been using this for a couple of weeks. But, here goes…I will have to come back if I have a change of heart!)

I read this is a dupe for the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer (which I’ve never used but heard was awesome) & I found a $2 off coupon on Target’s web site (it’s still up, btw). So I decided to give it a whirl! It was only $13.69, which is about what I usually spend on my normal moisturizer and with this I get 2 products for the price of one.

For reference, I’m MAC NW20, oily complexion, redness/trouble spots – and have always had bad luck with foundation. Not sure why, but they usually A) Don’t match my skin B) Turn orange through the day C) Make me extra oily or D) Sit on top of my pores making nose blackheads actually MORE noticeable or streak all over.

I bought it in Fair (the lightest) and feel this is a good match for my skin. First, I apply a half-dose of my regular moisturizer just to help the TM blend easier. Then I use a small drop on my cheeks, nose, forehead, chin and blend it in. It looks so wonderful! It blends so well into my skin, doesn’t show up on top of nose pores, doesn’t streak and just makes my skin look better overall – but still totally natural.

I just have to dab my concealer on trouble spots, and then I set it with a loose translucent powder and off I go. I honestly can’t believe how great this makes my skin look with so little effort. It is l-o-v-e and I hope the love lasts because this is the best thing I have found for my skin in a loooong time!

on 6/2/2012 10:23:00 PM

A good quality tinted moisturizer is so hard to find. We all have heard about the Laura Mercier take on this product, but at $42 for a just a mediocre amount I wanted to look for a better option. I had heard great things about this tinted moisturized so I had to try it.

I must say this is one of the best product I have ever tried. It gives a nice, natural coverage. It moisturizes well without getting me oily. There is a variety of colors. It has SPF. I just adore this product.

on 6/2/2012 1:32:00 PM

This is a great tinted moisturizer, especially for being a drugstore product with a very affordable price tag. I have combo skin, oily in the t zone and normal everywhere else. I am a nc27-30 in Mac, and I chose the shade Linen. Beige was too dark for me, and linen is slightly, very slightly too pale, but I use my MSFN to set the TM, and the color match is great. I always moisturizer under any makeup I wear, and I found that the TM didn't add any oiliness on top of my moisturizer. The TM evened out my skin tone and reduced some of the redness in my cheeks. It feels light on my face and it gave me a natural finish. The finish is definitely sheer to light, so you do need to conceal the trouble spots. With this on, my face looks like my skin, but better. I've been wearing this for a week so far and I'm totally loving it. No breakouts, no grease ball, and totally a staple for the hot summer months when you don't want to wear heavy face makeup.

on 5/30/2012 4:48:00 PM

I would love to love this product but I just couldnt First off, I was so excited when I found that Sonia Kashuk has TM. Then I found that they only have 3 or 4 shade selections, I naturally picked beige since its the closest to my skin tone. The lighter one is way too light and the dark one is way too dark. When I tried it, the color is darker than I had hoped. It isnt that bad but I like my face to be a little lighter so it looks cleaner, fresher and brighter. Then I realized that it is a little dewy for my liking. I still use it sometimes, to get my moneys worth but I pair it with mac prep and prime transparent finish to mattify it a little and keep it in place. Overall, if they came out with a new formula so its not so dewy and it doesnt slide off your face at the end of the day AND with more shade selections Im definitely willing to try it out just because I love the Sonia Kashuk brand!

on 5/27/2012 9:06:00 PM

This is an amazing tinted moisturizer..especially conpared to the other high-end brands.

This tinted moisturizer glides easily onto my skin and definitely covers redness and evens out my skin tone just great. I would say the coverage is somewhere between light and medium which is what I like when I want a more natural/summer look.

Also word of advice, I looked up the ingredients in this product and I didnt find any pore clogging (comodegenic) ingredients so I really dont know why people are complaining that it breaks them out. Perhaps they may be allergic to something in it? I have acne prone skin and this hasnt caused any break outs at all which is great.

Im a about nc5-nc15 skin range and I bought the shade "fair" and it works perfectly.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

To sum it up quickly, I think this is a superb TM. My only qualm with it was that it was a bit too 'dewy' for my liking, but that was quickly fixed with a light dusting of powder. Also the consistency was a bit watery to the point where it poured out of the tube, no squeezing required. It can get a bit annoying when you end up getting more of it than you need and there's no way to put it back. It's manageable, but the packaging doesn't bode well the formula.

The consistency does however, lend itself well to being a very smooth and spreadable formula. It has light coverage, as is to be expected from a TM. But you can build up the coverage by waiting for it to dry then applying another layer.

Personally, I put a light moisturizer on before-hand, then I put on Hard Candy's Glamouflage on trouble areas. Afterwards, I apply TM, then set with Stay Matte powder. This routine works for my skin, and works in favor of this product.

This is looking to be a HG TM for me, despite it's packaging faults. A definite repurchase for me, and at it's price (relative to other TM's of comparable quality) there isn't a reason not to.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Got this in the shade "beige" which is a little bit too dark for my skintone but it still looks natural. Comes In a tube container, which you have to be careful because it just leaks out so I tilt the bottle carefully onto back of my Hand. Formula is light and gives a Dewy finish. However, on my oily skin, it just made me lOok like a greaseball. This tinted moisturizer would be great for girls with dry-normal skin.

EDIT: sch a shame because this tinted moisturizer applies like a dream. Made my face look super oil/shiny. Plus It made me break out. :(

on 4/5/2012 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I used this product for a couple years, back in high school (so many, many years ago... sigh) and then stopped once I started really getting into foundation. I honestly haven't really worn TM since, though I've tried a few (Laura Mercier, Cover Girl, e.l.f. come to mind). I've always gone back to foundation though. I recently decided that I need to find a good TM that I can wear this summer for going out to the lake, the pool, camping trips, etc. I have very fair skin (in the winter I'm an NC10-15, NARS Gobi) so it's hard to find products that match my skin . I knew the new NARS wouldn't work for me since the "lightest" shade caters to around NC20-25. I was tempted to try the LM again but after reading and seeing reviews on YT that said this is a very similar product (at a fraction of the cost) I thought I'd give it a try again. It really IS a lovely TM. It goes on so easily and nicely and feels so refreshing on my skin. It evens out my skintone very well and does give some coverage too. It lasts about 8 hours on me (though that's on a workday; I'm sure if I was out in the heat a bunch during the day it wouldn't be that long) which really is as good as many foundations I've used. It does give a radiant finish and helps me to appreciate my skin! As I creep up on 30 (eeeek!) I'm trying to get myself to appreciate my still-youthful skin while it lasts and not mask it in heavy foundations, and this product helps me do that! My only minor complaint is that the Fair shade is still a bit too dark for my skin. However, since it's a more sheer formulation and doesn't provide a ton of coverage, I can still easily get away with wearing it. If I just didn't have the stupid redness around my nose, I'd wear only TM all the time!

on 3/26/2012 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

ok, so i read the reviews on here about this product and went out and got a tube. When I wore this on my face, it was very nice and made me look great. But I also remembered seeing on here that there are ingredients in this product that clog pores and cause breakouts, so I was a little anxious wearing this, even thou like i said, it did look great on me. After wearing this for a day, I finally decided that I would take it back for a refund because I did not want to risk getting breakouts. I love my clear skin, and try to keep it that way. If only they would formulate it so that it didn't clog pores and was actually GOOD for your skin, I would purchase again. Also so that it wouldn't pour out into your hand like water, which totally wastes product--wayyy too runny for this packaging. Keeping my fingers crossed.