August 21, 2014 | 1800 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by LogicGunn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Fantastic setting powder. Sets foundation without adding colour or caking. Really fine and translucent, matte finish, and you get plenty for the price. Included puff is ok, applies better with dual fibre brush.

There is one major problem though: the pot is huge, really bulky and clumsy, big screw top lid and wide mouth. Very easy to spill and if you get any on the soft, matte case it won't come off and looks really grubby. Totally unnecessary and it would be better in a much sleeker pot.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Supermerk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product and I'm shocked it ended up working so well considering the low price. It makes my skin look smooth and feel super super soft! I generally tend to pair it with another loose powder just because this doesn't really seem to be designed to control oil when you're being active or in a hot/humid environment, but the combination works really well for me and my skin stays looking nice for 8+ hours with blotting only VERY occasionally necessary after 6-7 hours.

Cons:
-Very messy due to how finely milled the powder is. I use a brush rather than the little puff that comes included and I usually try and put the powder on a flat compact mirror before putting it on my face, but it's really hard to get the proper amount without dumping it all over yourself.
-As other people have mentioned the powder is pure white. I didn't have any problems with a ghostly sheen or anything like that but I also have very light skin - I'm not sure if this product would work the same way for tanned/darker skinned ladies.

I also use this product with primer + foundation, so I'm not really sure how it would work using it alone. If you're looking for a powder that will help with lots of redness or acne coverage, this isn't going to be it, but otherwise I definitely recommend giving it a shot!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about a month or so now and I like it. I was worried that because I'm NW45ish, it would leave me looking like ghostface but surprisingly it doesn't. It is sooo finely milled that I don't use a lot and I use a fluffy brush. I use it to set my concealer under my eyes and above my top lip and it completely disappears and works just fine. As mentioned in other reviews it can be messy but I find that if I DON'T peel back the covering over the sifter holes, that enough of the product comes out just by tapping it on the lid. I also make sure to keep the power puff, which I don't use, in there to further cuts down on the mess potential. Overall this is was a good buy.

EDIT 12.16.13 I made this even better by mixing it with a tiny amount of my toffee Everyday Minerals powder.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this for setting my foundation. Yes, it is a tad colored and makes me white, but I apply bronzer and blush after so no big deal there. The price can't be beat for such a large container of powder- much cheaper than MUFE's small container of HD powder. It's so finely milled and soft that my face feels sooo smooth after applying. The container is very messy, though, and can't be tossed around or anything otherwise BEWARE- you will have a giant explosion of powder when you open it. Overall, love the product, but change up the container so nothing spills everywhere and the product gets wasted.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by FlyLikeAG6

I don't get the hype with translucent "HD" powders. Yes this powder is finely milled and the quality looks great, but I'm an NW20 and this product leaves a pale, grayish cast on my face, no matter how little I use or how well I blend. I tried to use this as an under eye setting powder, but it made my eyes itch. I can't really comment on the oil control or staying power because I always had to top off my face with my normal loose powder just to warm up the cold look this product gave me. I give up on this powder, but I would love to try the "corrective yellow" shade, but it never seems to be in stock on ELF's website.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2013 12:54:00 AM More reviews by Maybitters

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Tried using it as a setting powder, it does not prolong the wear of your foundation, it leaves a white very powdery look when applied, doesn't blur anything just looks like you have smothered yourself in talcum powder, thrown mine out, rendered useless. Good value if it works for you. Comes in sifter container with puff.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Cherries27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I hate the packaging. It's hard to use. the applicator it comes with sucks. I dump it upside down to get a little powder above the sifter then use a fluffy brush to apply it. I can't use this if I want to be in pictures because it looks white and uneven in pictures. I don't know why everyone loves this crap. I think it was $6 at target. I have a love hate relationship with elf products. most of them are crap you get what you pay for. I will try it again and see if I can use it with different foundation with better results.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by omgxmap

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought long and hard and read many reviews before buying this product. I have a love/hate relationship with ELF. I can't believe I waited so long to try this, its amazing. My first time using I only used it under my eyes has a setting powder. My pores looked so small and my skin was flawless. It lasted all day long and never faded or made my skin look cakey. Even with my stay matte powder over it. Great value for 6.00! Will buy again. Only downside is the packaging, if in a hurry it could get messy.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a fine translucent powder that keeps me matte all day but the packaging is horrendous. It is too big and bulky and powder gets everywhere. It makes me not want to use it. I wish ELF would make this in a pressed form.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Stephsayss0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. It adds a very subtle smooth look to my face once applied. My only gripe is the packaging. I think it's miserable! Not only is it very clunky whenever you open it the product falls all over the side of the container, and ends up all over. Granted it's clear, so it's not the end of the world, but it's frustrating. It annoys me enough that I often don't use it b/c I don't feel like cleaning up the mess and getting all the product off my hands. New packaging, and I would be using daily.