December 22, 2014 | 1361 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 4:56:00 AM More reviews by diana444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It is perfect to reduce the look of your foundation especially if orange and it gives you the porcelain look. Simply love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by bluebelleyes

The container is HUGE, you'll never run out.
It is messy, but when I opened it for the first time, I only peeled off the sticky sheet to reveal two holes in the sifter. I then cut the peeled back part with scissors. I do this for all my loose powders.
It does a nice job of mattifying my skin with very little product.
This didn't keep my makeup in place very well unfortunately.
I broke out considerably after using this product;
I tested it three times afterward, and I broke out every time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 9:38:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

I've used this product for a while now along with the yellow tinted powder for hiding redness and I have been really pleased with the results. You have to work easy on the application of these powders or you will: A: end up looking like a ghost or B: Look like your in liver failure.
I have a goat hair large stiple brush that I use when I apply this at home I tap and blow before I apply and it does a perfect job defusing the powder so it still does it's job but keeps me from over applying product.

The packaging is bulky and not good for travel. I found a travel brush that holds product in a tube on ebay and use that with this product. Again I blow excess away before applying and havent had an issue with getting a ghostly look. It seals all your makeup down and gives it the airbrushed look.

The consistancy on this is silky and right up there with the higher priced HG consealers. You have to go easy on the product or you are going to have issues with the pasty look.
I know that alot would argue this isn't like Hourglass or LM's products but for everyday or those on a budget it does the job really well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 9:10:00 AM More reviews by KarmaEls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best solution for photos. I love this powder. It makes your skin look like silk and smooth. A little bit go a long way. Nothin more to say. oh, the packaging is extremely annoying. You cant travel w it, and if you accidentally drop it, which I did, it's nightmare (but when you decided to use LOOSE powder, IT'LL HAPPEN with any powder)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by azkellylynn

Ive been using this for about 8 months now. It can be a bit tricky to get the right amount on your face (as too much of it is very obvious). Applying it with a flat blush brush and patting it instead of rubbing seems to work best. I always brush any excess off with my big fan brush. Best trick I can suggest is finishing with the e.l.f. set spray. It always takes away any white that may stick around my hair follicles.

The only downside is the packaging. I wish it was more compact and less cumbersome.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by zarast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Eeeek do not wear this if you plan on having photos taken of you. In flash photography, it looks like you have white baby powder all over your face! not a good look. Also the packaging is quite annoying as the powder goes everywhere

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by msdeezee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff does the same job as other more expensive brands...I'm pretty sure it's just a silicone product in powder form, not that hard to do. I use it to mattify my T-zone and the medial area of my cheeks--the part with the ugly huge pores. It does a great job of minimizing said pores, and taking away shine without looking powdery at all.

If people are getting a white cast from this powder, they are probably putting too much on. The way I apply it is to shake the container, with the powder puff in place, so that powder comes thru the holes and sticks to it. Then pat the puff around in the lid to get an even coating on it. Then *blot* not rub or buff onto the skin. That way you don't move around your underlying makeup.

Would not buy again only because I doubt I'll ever run out....

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Cheer15star

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love it cause it keeps me matte but kinda leaves a white tint a little bit

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 7:24:00 AM More reviews by ASPERGIRL

Pros: Gives a glow to your face. This 3525088187is because it's designed to work with high def cameras to bring out your face in photographs
It is inexpensive
It is easy to use sparingly

Cons: Could be a smaller packaging with a little more product. Should come with a kabuki type brush rather than a powder puff applicator.

I apply this lightly over my powder foundation.
I will definitely repurchase this!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by BeSophiacated

I don't user this on clients or a day I knew I week be taking photos. Shows much to white in flash photography. Those the quality us great for the price! I reach this for everyday use. It's sits out on my makeup take since I reach for it almost daily. Leaves a great matte finish. I recommend using a big fluffy brush, not stuff at all. Tao a but of product into the lid, swirl the brush, tap of excess very well, then PAT onto face.