July 31, 2014 | 1389 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Volume Flash The Max

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by yvettelovesmakeup

When you first buy this mascara it works AMAZING!
but then after a while... like 3 weeks i noticed that the brush was becoming "OLD".. the bristles were all clumped together.
But other than that problem... I really do think this mascara is Great.. and yeah i will probably buy it again! =D

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by debbiedhebz

I bought this product expecting that it will do wonders on my lashes, I tried their waterproof because my lashes won't hold curl. This product was a big disappointment it didn't do anything but weight down my lashes, i really want to like this product but it didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by melisahere20

best drugstore mascara. there are so many choices of mascaras in drugstores, and this is the one that pleased me the most. it doesn't clump at all, it an hold a curl and it doesn't hurt my eyes( i have sensitive eyes). i have used this for a year and i will never buy a diffrent mascara ever. im in love with this stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by bleupoppy2

At first, I *really* liked this mascara. I love big, bold, thick lashes! Rimmel is really good about releasing their mascaras in 'blackest black', which I always prefer over a basic black. Of course, I got this mascara in blackest black and I actually found it to be just as dark and defining to the lashes as L'Oreal's voluminous carbon black. However, this stuff flaked like I've never seen. I expect some flaking as it gets later in the day, and never minded as a quick dusting of powder with a brush sent them packing. But the flaking with mascara was chunky and hard to remove. I also found that after 2-3 months of using this it caused some major clumping, and the mascara in the tube was like sludge. In fact, if I ever used this mascara, I *had* to use a defining mascara to get all the clumps out. Even then, I found that my lashes looks spidery :( I would pass on this one!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by iwannabeakennedy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Big pink tube, can't miss it. For whatever reason though it doesn't always twist all the way shut which leads to drying. Did not like it the first few uses but around week two, I fell in love. Seems to be best when it isn't fresh, which is odd. Adds lots of volume and some length. I go over it with a spoolie after application to separate lashes a bit more. Not a bad mascara for a low price.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by summerbaybie

lovely hot pink girly tube, great fat brush, but that mascara it self is crap. I tried this over and over but all it keeps doing is flaking of into my eyes and it irritates me like mad, hard to work with and clumps too.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2010 8:38:00 PM More reviews by wandaanabella

I was pretty excited to buy this mascara cause I had seen so many great reviews but I was really disappointed. I don't get any volume with this mascara, but it did give me pretty good length but I was looking for volume. Not impressed with this one :/

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2010 11:12:00 AM More reviews by therapture

Overall Rating - 3
Price - 3
Packaging Quality - 3
Would you buy this product again? - No

For reference, I'm NW15/NW20 with normal, slightly dry skin. I have blue eyes with naturally straight, long eyelashes that have a slight curl. I have brown hair that is a few inches past my collar bone, super cheap.

Pros: very black in colour, cute packaging, doesn't smudge or flake, lengthens the lashes well.

Cons: can clump very easily, doesn't do much in terms of volume, makes my lashes feel heavy, doesn't hold a curl, the consistency is pretty wet.

This is an okay mascara. Its very cheap so its definitely worth a try. It lengthened my lashes very well but didn't do much in terms of adding volume. Two coats leaves my lashes long, black and thin - its a very natural look which is great paired with a nude lipstick and a little eyeliner. Three to four coats left my lashes thick, incredibly long and black but they were pretty clumped - I could count my eyelashes with ease! I feel this mascara, if you wanted volume as well as length for something slightly more dramatic is better when you use what I call a 'base mascara' or eyelash primer - I reccomend Max Factors Lash Extension Effect mascara. The dramatic, long lashes this gives looks great paired with winged eyeliner and a bold red lipstick.

I wouldn't buy this again, but I'll make sure I finish the tube.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by puppysofia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is really messy and really hard to work with. Didn't like it at all!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2010 5:42:00 AM More reviews by aegyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

For me this was an average mascara with average performance that did average things to my lashes. My lashes are already long, and any old mascara will give me volume if I brush at them enough, so all I ask from my mascara is that it will hold a curl. And it didn't :( I didn't have too many issues with clumping, but I always wipe my mascara wands before use no matter what mascara I'm using. It's not a bad mascara by any means, but there are greener pastures to be had. I won't be repurchasing this.