Essie Mint Candy Apple

4.2

on 5/9/2013 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I'm kind of torn on whether to rate this polish as a 4 or a 5. It's a great color, but it was a tad streaky. It came out fine in the end, but you have to apply it fast or else it won't look smooth. And make sure to use a good quality top coat, because mine got worn at the tips within a couple of days. Also, I think I had my hopes too high when I got this. I've been looking for this polish in stores for the last couple of years because it looked nice, and everybody seemed to have it. I wanted to know what all the fuss was about and built up this image in my head that this polish was going to be the minty green/blue to end all mints.
I'm still not sure if it is. It's lovely and looks more blue or more green depending on the light. It's almost neon in some lighting. I just wasn't quite as wowed as I was hoping I would be. But that's my fault I guess. It is growing on me the longer I wear it though. So I think I'll go ahead and give it a 5.
Anyway, I'd definitely recommend it if you don't already have some minty turquoise polishes in your collection.
Dupes that I know of: Revlon Minted (more green), China Glaze For Audrey (deeper and more blue), China Glaze Re-Fresh Mint, Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet (pastel and less blue)

on 4/21/2013 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My favorite nail polish color :)

I LOVE this color! Such a cute color for spring. I have not found any issues with this nail polish. With two good coats, you've got a lovely opaque soft mint green color. My only issue with this is that the formula is a bit thick, so you've got to be quick and swift when applying it, or else it will partially dry and look clumpy and thick after a few seconds.

on 4/15/2013 6:39:00 PM

I've had this color sitting around for about three years, and I remembered it being very streaky and hard to apply (might've been because I wasn't too great at polish), so I wore it maybe twice and put it away. I remember putting in a few drops of thinner about 5 months ago but forgot about it afterward.Fast forward to now, I saw a blogger wearing a minty color on her nails and it reminded me of this, so I decided to bring it out of hiding, and I loved it!!!! Yes, the first coat is streaky but a second coat is surprisingly all it takes to make everything nice and even. It's pretty shiny on its own, but topped with some seche vite it looks even more stunning. It's a great spring/summer color, and I know I'll be wearing it a lot this upcoming season! Lovelovelove.

on 4/13/2013 4:20:00 PM

I loooooooooove this colour it's a really pretty blue

on 4/8/2013 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Great pastel colour for olive skin, but seems like it would suit absolutely everybody - from the palest skintone to the darkest. The colour is a pastel-ly green with a hint of turquoise and it's perfect now the sun's starting to make an appearance. I think pastels are great for this time of year - Easter/Springtime.

The colour payoff is amazing and the polish itself is so thick and opaque that you only need two coats.

I'm knocking off a lippy because the staying power isn't the best (althought it's far from the worst)... it stays on for weeks on my toes, but chips easily on my fingernails - but this is much the same for most nail polishes.

Great colour, really accentuates your tan if you have one!

on 4/8/2013 8:18:00 AM

Great eye-striking fun color for the adventurous side. Fresh, hip, different. LOVE.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I think this has to be my FAVORITE nail polish color EVER. I have brown skin and the color just pops on my skin tone. The consistency is great and it is mostly opaque but I still put 2 coats to ensure its opacity. I can wear it year round and people always ask me what color it is. This is the only nail polish I have bought multiple times. I will definitely stock up if it becomes discontinued. Also, I only get it for $4 instead of $8 at those Asian nail supply places that have EVERYTHING for way less than the regular retail price. Go buy it!

on 3/28/2013 4:24:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really love this color. i have been using it over and over for a couple weeks. im not sure if its my top coat but it seems to chip quite easily. it made my nails yellow which really made me mad but its easy to fix. i do love this polish, maybe i need a new top coat.

on 3/26/2013 11:46:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I painted my nails with this colour tonight since its very Eastery in my opinion and the colour is absolutely gorgeous. I bought this after seeing Tracy from EleventhGorgeous wearing this colour in a video and decided to buy it. Essie is my favourite polish brand- i feel like they definitely have the pretties colours. This colour is identical to that of a robin egg so if you like that greeny colour you will like this. The only thing I don't like about this polish which I find to be kind of consistent with some Essie polishes is that it is a bit watery and therefore applies unevenly. It looks fine after 2 coats but you definitely cannot get away with one. Would repurchase.

Top Rated Essie Products