September 23, 2014 | 1624 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Outlast All-Day Lipcolor (All)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 8:26:00 AM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This lip color is truely 12 hour. I apply it before I go to work. I work 12-1/2 hours and the color is STILL fresh!
There is a trick to applying it though. I find that I have to let it dry for 5 minutes before I apply the gloss over it. If I don't let it sit this long, it tends to bleed when I apply the gloss.
And you do have to re-apply the over-gloss after eating and every 2-3 hours. But that's normal. The base color just stays so remarkably fresh and distinct.
My daughter turned me on to this lipstick. She's tried a sample on her arm and couldn't remove it later, even with alcohol pads...LOL.
If you're quite active and really need bulletproof low maintenance lipcolour...this is perfect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Banjos

Pros: the right shade is very natural-looking and has a lot of staying-power
Cons: it is drying and needs the balm applied frequently during the day but you can condition your lips at night and minimize the dryness
Comment: I must say I actually prefer Revlon's Color Stay one-step version of long-lasting lip product. It stays on very well (but not as well as Outlast) and is much less drying. Be warned that most of the Color Stay colors go on darker than they appear in the tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by WesleysMom25

I bought the Outlast all day lip color in Red Cashmere number 579. I love the color. I don't wear red lipstick but this color was pretty. It is a pinkish red. My only complaint is that after the lip gloss wears off it does feel dry. When I looked in the mirror though it didn't look dry at all. It just felt it on my lips. Before I put it on I make sure to exfoliate my lips. If I don't then after a while it starts to flake. I really love this color and will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2009 2:21:00 PM More reviews by jlew

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to say...I cannot believe there is ANYONE on earth who doesn't like this product. It's true, if you apply the product EXACTLY like the package says, then you cannot go wrong. HOWEVER, that said, you must exfoliate your lips 'cuz if there is even a minute amount of flaky skin, it will come off in chunks and this is the same for ALL lipsticks. It's just that the drying effect tends to "assist" in the flaking a wee bit more. But, exfoliate for a few days, really moisturize your lips ( basically take the care you SHOULD be taking anyway ) and then give it another go. I really think you will be surprised. I bought my first "tube"?? ( if you can call it a tube) of this about 8 years ago and it was a color called Cherry Wood and ( of course ) after I fell deeply madly in love with it is was discontinued. I have loved the product ever since.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by intercitykitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hated it!
It went on well, but felt a tad gritty on my lips. It dried smooth-ish, but immediatly my lips felt like all the moisture had been sucked out of them. Even with the 'moisturizing' gloss like stuff. My lips ended up sore and flaking no matter how much of that top coat stuff I put in. It felt waxy, like it was hovering above my lips, rather than penetrating them with moisture.
The colour tends to last, which is great if you are a fan of this product.
But trying to get it off was a nightmare, even with remover etc.
I found for the next few days I had to pamper my lips with Blistex Lip Medex to get them feeling normal again.
It looked weird on... almost like I just pressed coloured tin foil to my lips and it somehow magincally stayed there.
I tried a few (about 4) different colours of it, thinking perhaps it was just a bad colour I got. But they all had the same unfortunate effect on me.
Very drying.
I also found it annoying that it came in two parts, rather than a double-ended tube. So carting it around is a little annoying.
would never buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2009 12:27:00 AM More reviews by DisneyAnimeFan92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product once awhile back, and never will again. The color was a deep, rich brown with a hint of red in it. I wish I could remember the name -- I only know it had the word "cinnamon" in it. At first I loved it, but unfortunately my complaints are the same as some of the previous reviewers. The product completely dried out my lips, even with the top coat that was supposed to be so moisturizing. It did last a long time at first, but later I noticed the color would peel off my lips and come off in pieces, rather than fading gradually like a regular lipstick. No matter how I applied it, I always had these results.

Like another reviewer said, I advise everyone to stay away from these two step formulas, no matter what company makes them. Lipstick and lip gloss don't last as long as we'd like them to, but it's not the end of the world. I would much rather reapply them than have to deal with the nightmare that is all of these longwear formulas. None of them ever seem to work, and they never have the moisturizing, natural feel that good lipsticks do. Though the temptation is always there when a new one comes out, I've resolved never to buy them again, and to encourage other girls to do the same.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Gm619

I don't know what all the negative comments are about? I love this stuff. I apply one coat. Let it dry for a very very short while-less than a minute and then apply either the gloss or lip balm. Stays all day long. I reapply the gloss during the day. Usually after a meal. Colors are nice and the price is reasonable. Never flakes. Give it a try.
If you apply it properly, then you will really like it. I love the fact that it lasts all day and doesn't get all over anything that you touch with your lips. Cups, clothing, tissues, children. I started using long wearing lipstick when I became a mom 10 years ago. I had stopped wearing lipstick because I didn't want it to get all over my daughter when I kissed her 1000 times a day. I really missed it, so I tried a few brands and this one is very good.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2009 11:08:00 PM More reviews by LactoseOverdose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Any long lasting lip stick that you have to use a separate color where you have to wait for it to dry, STAY AWAY! Every company seems to have something like this and I have tried every single one.

My problem is that once the color layer dries, anytime you move your lips you're going to get flaking. Even with the top coat. And my lips always feel like there's a layer of cement like gunk that gets everywhere, not to mention tastes horrible.

I gave it two lippies because I do enjoy the top coat and end up using it by itself. They also have a huge color selection for those who actually buy this.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2009 8:37:00 PM More reviews by LadyShy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

clumpy and wierd

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Chikyuu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Sorry covergirl, I love your lipsticks, but you can't do longwear. There is nothing good about this lipstick. It's drying, it chips off, it enhances the look of lip wrinkles, it looks like you just put a coat of dry paint on your lips. And it doesn't last an hour. And it's $10. The only thing that's good about it is the topcoat gloss, which is actually a great, shiny, moisturizing, tasty, sweet smelling gloss stick. Good thing you can buy it separately online. Otherwise, forget this product.