August 29, 2014 | 979 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Outlast

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by intercitykitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hated it!
It went on well, but felt a tad gritty on my lips. It dried smooth-ish, but immediatly my lips felt like all the moisture had been sucked out of them. Even with the 'moisturizing' gloss like stuff. My lips ended up sore and flaking no matter how much of that top coat stuff I put in. It felt waxy, like it was hovering above my lips, rather than penetrating them with moisture.
The colour tends to last, which is great if you are a fan of this product.
But trying to get it off was a nightmare, even with remover etc.
I found for the next few days I had to pamper my lips with Blistex Lip Medex to get them feeling normal again.
It looked weird on... almost like I just pressed coloured tin foil to my lips and it somehow magincally stayed there.
I tried a few (about 4) different colours of it, thinking perhaps it was just a bad colour I got. But they all had the same unfortunate effect on me.
Very drying.
I also found it annoying that it came in two parts, rather than a double-ended tube. So carting it around is a little annoying.
would never buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2009 12:27:00 AM More reviews by DisneyAnimeFan92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product once awhile back, and never will again. The color was a deep, rich brown with a hint of red in it. I wish I could remember the name -- I only know it had the word "cinnamon" in it. At first I loved it, but unfortunately my complaints are the same as some of the previous reviewers. The product completely dried out my lips, even with the top coat that was supposed to be so moisturizing. It did last a long time at first, but later I noticed the color would peel off my lips and come off in pieces, rather than fading gradually like a regular lipstick. No matter how I applied it, I always had these results.

Like another reviewer said, I advise everyone to stay away from these two step formulas, no matter what company makes them. Lipstick and lip gloss don't last as long as we'd like them to, but it's not the end of the world. I would much rather reapply them than have to deal with the nightmare that is all of these longwear formulas. None of them ever seem to work, and they never have the moisturizing, natural feel that good lipsticks do. Though the temptation is always there when a new one comes out, I've resolved never to buy them again, and to encourage other girls to do the same.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Gm619

I don't know what all the negative comments are about? I love this stuff. I apply one coat. Let it dry for a very very short while-less than a minute and then apply either the gloss or lip balm. Stays all day long. I reapply the gloss during the day. Usually after a meal. Colors are nice and the price is reasonable. Never flakes. Give it a try.
If you apply it properly, then you will really like it. I love the fact that it lasts all day and doesn't get all over anything that you touch with your lips. Cups, clothing, tissues, children. I started using long wearing lipstick when I became a mom 10 years ago. I had stopped wearing lipstick because I didn't want it to get all over my daughter when I kissed her 1000 times a day. I really missed it, so I tried a few brands and this one is very good.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2009 11:08:00 PM More reviews by LactoseOverdose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Any long lasting lip stick that you have to use a separate color where you have to wait for it to dry, STAY AWAY! Every company seems to have something like this and I have tried every single one.

My problem is that once the color layer dries, anytime you move your lips you're going to get flaking. Even with the top coat. And my lips always feel like there's a layer of cement like gunk that gets everywhere, not to mention tastes horrible.

I gave it two lippies because I do enjoy the top coat and end up using it by itself. They also have a huge color selection for those who actually buy this.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2009 8:37:00 PM More reviews by LadyShy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

clumpy and wierd

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Chikyuu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Sorry covergirl, I love your lipsticks, but you can't do longwear. There is nothing good about this lipstick. It's drying, it chips off, it enhances the look of lip wrinkles, it looks like you just put a coat of dry paint on your lips. And it doesn't last an hour. And it's $10. The only thing that's good about it is the topcoat gloss, which is actually a great, shiny, moisturizing, tasty, sweet smelling gloss stick. Good thing you can buy it separately online. Otherwise, forget this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2009 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Aidge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Only lip color out there (in my budget, anyway) that truly lasts all day (and night, if not removed with makeup remover). I wear golden/nude colors, and my only complaint (and it's hardly a complaint that would ever make me consider not using this brand) is you do need to apply the gloss over it throughout the evening (when drinking/eating) or else the color is there but no shine, and that can make your lips look dry and crackly (for lack of a more professional, cosmetic term). But you can play around with different tinted glosses to keep the fabulous nude undertone but give yourself some variety depending on the mood you are trying to create (more glittery, peachy, vampish, etc).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like the color selection but most of them seem to be berry colors. Not many of the peaches or golden tones I wear more often. The coverage and lasting power are as advertised and I'm very fond of my Blushed Mauve and Nude. The moisturizing balm is great and there's loads there. I always pre-moisturize my lips before applying all day stay-put lipcolors since I have really dry skin and have no issues of peeling or cracking through the day.

4 stars instead of 5 due to the color selection, but quality is comparable to Maybelline's Superstay (although I think I like their balm a little better), still better selection than Revlon's Overtime and better 2nd step topcoat, and definately better than Wet 'n' Wild's Megastay (nice joke, WNW).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2009 4:04:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My first time using long wearing lipstick and I will not by this specific product again. It was like wearing lacquer on my lips. It was very drying, I had to constantly reapply the gloss, and I found that it flaked off in chunks throughout the night. The flaking off was super embarrassing!! This will be going in the trash.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2009 2:31:00 PM More reviews by XomakeupjunkyXo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has very good staying power. The only thing I don't like is that it's so drying. It beats maybelline superstay by a mile though.