December 20, 2014 | 1485 users online

Lip Gloss - E.L.F. - Studio Lip Stain

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by emwaggs123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think this was a an ok product. But it reminds me of "old lady" lipstick because it was to red and I didn't like the texture. Also it always ended up on my teeth.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Waste of money even at one dollar. The color was fine, but it didn't stay on at all once the gloss topcoat hit it. I had it on my teeth and in my mouth instantly. I don't even have that trouble with normal cheap lipstick. This was worthless and truly nothing like a stain. Too bad: other ELF products have worked out well for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Nuni2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Even if this isn't a "true" lip stain- I really liked it. The colors look better as the day goes on and it does last for a long time. However, the application is a little clumsy and the gloss works more like a lip-stain remover then polisher. Still, you really can't beat long lasting color for that price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I didn't care for this product.. Not so much because it's a bad product.. But because it's not what it says it is.. At least not for me and not the kind I got. I bought "Birthday Suit". It's a very pink, pink. I do like the color.. but that's about it. It's not what I'd call a lip stain.. It's more like a long lasting lip color. Like Cover Girl Everstay or whatever it's called. Also, if you put the gloss over the color, it comes right off. So, the best way I'd use this product is to use both products separately. On its own, the color works fairly well. The gloss by itself is a nice gloss.. But together.. Just a mess. I will not buy it in the future

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2010 11:16:00 PM More reviews by DayDreamer223

I have the lipstain in first date, and although it may seem scary (the fact that it's neon pink) it really isn't. It adds a nice pink flush to my lips. Love! <3 Although, this really isn't a lipstain... but it's not drying either so I guess I really don't mind. And the clear lipgloss it comes with seems oily (Ew..) but no need to use that. I'll be re-purchasing a couple of these in the future.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

I can see the reasons for the mixed reviews on this product. I actually didn't have any intention of buying this. I was just taking advantage of the sale and free shipping at the time, so it was pretty much a "filler" item. :]

If you can get past the fact that this isn't really a stain, you may be able to like this. It reminds me of the 2 step, long-lasting lipglosses that CoverGirl, Revlon, and Maybelline make. This one, however, is definitely not as longlasting as the other ones I mentioned. So, it won't last after a cup of coffee or a meal. It's also sheer but buildable in color, and it leaves a matte finish on its own. I haven't noticed the "gross" effect of this stain, but I think it's important to exfoliate and moisturize lightly before you add this stain. I did notice an icky smell, but it wasn't anything too distracting. The clear gloss is just okay, but somehow the applicator doesn't get enough of it, so I have to kinda "dig" it out. O.o

I really do LOVE the colors that I got though. Heartbreaker is a corally pink that brightens up my face, Mysterious is a beigey-nude with slight pink tones, and Lucky Lady is a mauvey-pink that I wear when I want to wear something other than light lips (I'm NC30ish for reference). I'm kind of undecided if I'd repurchase. If I did though, I would probably buy it to try out other colors.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2010 3:37:00 AM More reviews by tormlen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got mine in birthday suit (or some name like that) and while I do like the color, the actual stain leaves much to be desired. It feels really dry to me. The stain applicator only works because a bunch of product accumulates at the top. The gloss . . . I really don't know anything about the gloss because I got too frustrated trying to put it on. The applicator is so stiff and picks up hardly any product at all. I have to dip it into the gloss like six times just to cover my lips, it's ridiculous. I gave up and decided to use an Essence gloss instead, which worked much better and at least added some sparkle.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2010 1:14:00 PM More reviews by pasta

Complete waste of money! I got heartbreaker which looks peachy but is actually a very nude pink; probably a useless shade on all but the most PPP. It's staying power was about 10 minutes--not worth the time and trouble to apply.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2010 4:57:00 AM More reviews by aycaa

I thought using the name as "lip stain" was a parody, but it was real :(

This lipstick has a smell of grain alcohol and after application, you feel as if you applied regular pen to your lips. It burns throughly and feels really bad. I washed with my face cleaning gel three times to get it out.

I wouldn't recommend, i throw it to trash directly.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Eyeslipsfacelove

I love this product, I got mine in lucky lady. Ussually since its studio it would be 3 dollars but I found mine at my local dollar tree for a dollar ! The lip stain is amazing and takes about 25 seconds to dry. Then after when you use the gloss side you get to pick the amount you want. It stayed on for they day and wasn't too sticky. I like the color since its a champagne color. I love this its my go to lipgloss.