August 1, 2014 | 1318 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by amysweeps82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay, so I am BAFFLED that this product only costs $4.99. Insanity. This mascara is awesome. It does as advertised & gives massive volume, although it doesn't do much for lengthening. I now layer this over CG Clump Crusher & my sparse, stubby, dark blonde lashes transform into full, long, dark ones. Amazing mascara! Brands I've tried, just to name a few...... Lancome, Dior, MAC, Smashbox, Too Faced, Lorac, Urban Decay, Bare Escentuals, NYX, Loreal, Maybelline, Almay, Physicians Formula, Rimmel... and many more. I have tried a minimum of two different types by all of these manufacturers, and in some cases ALL that they have made. I consider myself a true mascara connoiseur & I'm telling you... this, combined with the CG clump crusher is IT. Give them a shot! Combined cost... $13. That's a hell of a lot better than the $30 a tube for DiorShow, which won't even come close to giving you this look!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by kjc5248

I usually go for waterproof mascara, and i had been using maybelline falsies and revlon 3d volume forever until i bought this. its the best stuff! makes lashes look just like falsies and the best part is that you can layer this forever and it wont clump. i put so many layers of mascara on and this is the only mascara that can actually withstand that and still look smooth. its great for anyone who wants volume and length. i am so scared they will discontinue this mascara!! i want to try all in one and remarkable from covergirl now as well because i loved this one so much.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Bylaw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have mascaras from Dior, Lancome, Avon, Maybelline, Rimmel, Max Factor, L'Oreal, Clinique, you name it, I probably have it.

None of them compare to this. None. I have used so many different mascaras that I am confident when I say that my review comes from plenty of experience. In fact I think makeup was my mom's and my hobby at one point and we used to buy stuff for each other all the time so I have been experimenting with brands for years and years.

While the industry now focuses on loudly-colored brushes and innovative shapes and flashy tubes, they normally don't give a rip about FORMULA and that is the only relevant part of a mascara, not the new fangled silicone brush, or the fancy new shape of the packaging, etc.

I spent over $30 on a tube of Waterproof Diorshow about 8 weeks ago and it is basically raccoon eyes in a tube. Disappointment doesn't even begin to cover it. If I hadn't lost the receipt it would be going back to the store.

Around the same time bought into the two-for-one coupon for some Maybelline Volum Express Mega Plush mascara (a lot of my mascaras were aging so I needed to get to replacing them) because it said it would stay put. It takes 15 minutes and six coats to even make it look like I am wearing any mascara. Won't build on itself even a little bit and it certainly doesn't stay put. Pretty brush though!

No...Cover Girl Professional mascaras, in their nondescript blue, purple, and red tubes, often overlooked, not only make lashes LONG, but the formula builds on itself *beautifully,* giving the best effect outside of falsies I have ever found. Thick, long, plushy lashes take only a couple of careful swipes. That and it is silky as all-get-out so you can forget about clumps. Even an old tube of this won't clump. Ever. I seriously have like seven various tubes of Cover Girl Professional in various formulas and they are ALL superstars, no clumping and long, thick, silky results. Tres awesome!!

Stays put longer than any of the others too. Every mascara flakes off to some degree...this flakes far less.

Throw old tubes away and replace frequently for the best looks; I bought a new tube of this recently and I am about to go through my entire makeup box and just toss every other mascara I own, expensive or not. They're just a rip off when I keep returning to this time and time again. Every time I try something else, it's a disappointment compared to this Cover Girl.

HG mascara, no doubt. It would be HORRIBLE if these were ever discontinued as I truly cannot get by without them.

EDIT: I realized with some dismay that my morning watery eyes are not because I sleep with my cat. These mascaras have been the cause for as long as I have been using them and even the brand new tubes have some sort of additive that cause my eyes to water badly in the morning. So I can't continue using these anymore and have switched to ELF.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of those mascaras that tend to be overlooked with all the flashy, gimmicky ones out there now. However, this is the best drugstore mascara I have ever encountered. It adds volume, length, holds a curl and lasts all day. I hope they never discontinue this. It works better than any high end mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by IwantwhatIneverhadbefore

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Finally, a drug store mascara that does what it says it will do! Very pleased in volume, length and it stays put without any flaking or running. Will purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by MostVainGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After reading the reviews here, I decided to try this mascara. My favourite was L'Oreal's Voluminous, but I think they've changed something in it because it doesn't perform as it once did. Then again I am a lot older. I do have long, thick, dark lashes, but they're just straight and lifeless. I have to curl them & use a heavy duty mascara that won't budge for my eyes to pop. I had to use 3 or 4 coats of this CG mascara (only 1 coat for lower lashes because it does smudge) & then even after letting them dry they would just wilt. All the time spent curling for nothing. Before I would even get to work my top and lower lashes would end up just sticking together. This tube ended up in the trash fairly quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by nativetrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

After reading all the rave reviews for this mascara, I had to buy it. What a surprise! I hadn't even heard of this before, but now it is my holy grail.

I was planning on buying Maybelline's the Rocket mascara, but I'm glad I got this instead. It makes my lashes look perfect. Not gunky, not clumpy. Just separated, full, long lashes. Skip the gimmicky Maybelline and L'oreal mascaras and get this classic. My search for the perfect mascara is over.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by palefawn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

Talk about an unexpected little wonder. I normally hate Covergirl and all of their mascaras, but I was reading reviews on here for this one and thought, eh, it's cheap, I'll give it a shot. I love this stuff.

I normally do a pretty bare face every day, just foundation/powder/mascara, so I like to have big lashes. I wasn't expecting much from this, but it gave me wonderful volume, length, nice inky black color. It's one of those mascaras that you can put on in the morning, and put another coat on later at night and it won't clump up or flake on you. Haven't had any issues with smudging or smearing, either.

Another plus is that it's good straight away when you buy it, you don't need to let it dry up a bit before it starts working well.

I got mine at Walmart for $4.55 with tax, can't beat the price for the quality you're getting.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by ashleym04

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

FANTASTIC! I have been looking for a replacement for my Voluminous that I have used for years (even though it flakes) and this CG Super Thick Lash is AMAZING! I have been testing it on one eye and my other mascaras on the other eye for comparison for a few days and so far this is winning. It doesn't flake and really doesn't smudge underneath the eyes.
For $4.99 you really can't beat this mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by LAURLAUR75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I agree with the reviewer that said this mascara is a good dupe for Tarte's Light Camera Lashes (under Tarte's review). I have thin, long, blonde eye lashes that need volume and thickening. This formula is perfect for that! When I wear this I have thick, volumized lashes that don't clump, don't dry up and become hard by the end of the day, and I don't get spider lashes (I get spider lashes with the new Maybelline mascara The Rocket). I'm a mascara junkie...the one product I can't live without. I like the brush as well. The bristles are close together to seperate and give me a feathery curl (I don't even have to curl my eyelashes with this mascara) My lashes really do look nice and thick! I give credit to the mascara's formula for this. It's perfect...not too wet, not too dry, kind of thick and sticky which prob helps with thickening. I only need 1-2 coats as well. I bought the Tarte mascara over the summer and love it, but don't love the price. This mascara, the Jordana one, and the Cover Girl lash perfection perform just as well and for under $10. My blue eyes really pop! So pretty.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No