Cover Girl Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara

Price: $

Price: $

Water , Glyceryl Stearate , Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Propylene Glycol , Stearic Acid , Copernicia Cerifera Wax Carnauba , Triethanolamine , Acrylates Copolymer , Synthetic Wax , Polyvinyl Alcohol , Lecithin , Propylene Carbonate , Oleic Acid , Alcohol Denat , Xanthan Gum , Benzyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Trisodium EDTA , Methylparaben , Glycerin , Panthenol , Ethylparaben , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Simethicone , Propylparaben , Iron Oxides , Ultramarines May Contain , Titanium Dioxide May Contain

on 7/26/2013 11:29:00 AM

I'm on my 2nd tube of this mascara (I replace every 3 months) and still love it. I don't like to have to fiddle with mascara; I don't want to have to comb it out with another brush, I don't want to have to wipe the wand to get a non-clumpy application, and this one fits the bill. I pull the wand out of the tube, apply to my lashes and am good to go. No clumps, no spider lashes. It lasts through day and is fairly easy to remove. Since it's been around so long, hopefully they won't discontinue it or change the formula (which is what has happened to every other mascara I've loved)

on 7/25/2013 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am so loving this mascara! Wow! I usually overlook CG mascaras out of all the ones in the drug store but heard this was a dupe for Tart's Lights, Camera, Lashes (which I used to use constantly) and thought, what the heck, let me give it a try.

This worked fantastically for me on the first use. Gives me the best looking lashes with only a few coats, and no smudging even on the lower lashes. It really gives me "super thick" lashes. I think it is better than Tarte's (which did cause me some smudging and was very expensive and would dry out so quickly).

This is a traditional fiber brush but is on the smallish-medium size, so you have control and don't feel like it is too big (for me I feel that way with CG LashBlast). I got the color Very Black and yes, it is very black! A dry-ish formula, which I like. Easy to work with and it just plain looks great with little effort!

I was so surprised by this mascara and really disappointed I didn't try it much earlier. I think because they typically have it near the floor, it is easy to overlook.

I will absolutely be buying this again and I think I may have just found my HG mascara!!

on 7/23/2013 6:00:00 PM

Love!! Plays up my long lashes by thickening, lengthening & darkening. SUPER inexpensive too!! Doesn't flake or smudge and removes easily.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

For a basic, everyday mascara, Professional Super Thick Lash has only two mascaras to beat -- Maybelline's Full & Soft and L'Oreal's Voluminous. What it has over both, however, is that it is great from the first use. Both Full & Soft and Voluminous need about a week's use before the mascara really ages, for lack of a better word, into greatness. Until then, both mascaras are sort of thin.

Not so Professional Super Thick Lash. This stuff is great right from the get-go. Two coats give you beautifully defined, thick lashes, no clumps to be had. Another coat almost looks like falsies on me.

As for wearability, this stuff is great. No flaking, no smearing and no irritation.

So why only four lippies? The black is not as black as the formulas by Maybelline and L'Oreal. Also, both Full & Soft and Voluminous give my lashes an almost glossy look, whereas this one is more matte, more made-up.

That being said, I'd definitely buy this again if I found it on sale again. I've always found the Professional line of mascaras from Cover Girl to be great mascaras, and this one is no different.

on 5/23/2013 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Edit 10-9-14
New packaging for this mascara, but the product is the same, at least on me. Still love this stuff.
________________________________
I've always liked the CG professional mascaras. I thought I'd give this a try, I need my lashes to look thicker without clumping. Bought this in black. So far it's a 5 lippy. My lashes look feathery thick, I need only 1 or 2 coats. There is no flaking or clumping and my lashes feel soft. The brush is a very nice non plastic, traditional brush, not too fat or thin. My lashes look like I combed through them after applying. It washes off easily. This is a less wet mascara, it applies from a new tube the way my other mascaras apply after using them for a while, which is not too wet or dry, just right. I'm liking this!

on 5/23/2013 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

day 1 of this mascara and so far, so good. I am a mascara collector and this morning decided I wanted to try Maybelline's "Rocket" something or other but I started reading so-so reviews and decided I would return it and get something with a higher rating. This is only my first use so I won't go all "HG" status but it's straight to the point and does what it says. I see definition, no flakes or clumps and the package is slim (I can't stand CG's bulky tubes)...cost is low (paid $7 in NYC and that's a steal) so I hope I love this b/c that will save me lots of $$. I am loyal to my Clinique High Impact and my Maybelline Full n Soft but there is always room for one more :)

update 5/28/13: HG mascara, hands down - 5 lippies now...used this for a few days in every weather imaginable (humid & rainy, cool & breezy and hot & humid), it didn't budge, no clumps (even after 3 coats) and made me look like I had (expensive) lash extensions. I am ordering this in bulk on Amazon in case they ever discontinue it but my search is finally over!!!!

on 4/25/2013 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am obsessed with this mascara! It doesn't really give me "Super Thick" effect though. What I love about it is that it gives me a lot of length. I am quite picky with mascara. I don't really like volume because it makes my lashes look clumpy (don't ask).

This mascara gave me clean, crisp eyelashes. It looks very natural. Though, be very careful with your second coat. It can get a little clumpy. But overall, it is amazing and I use it everyday :)

Also.. I would use this by itself. Tried it with the Maybelline The Falsies, total failure ;)

on 4/17/2013 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have paid more than what it costs to ship this item but I thought it would be worth due to the good reviews. The pros: Its is smudge proof and since I got it very black it shows! I have sensitive eyes and I am a contact lens user and it does not irritate my eyes even better brands have given me that dry eyes feeling. It can also be removed easily.

Cons: It does not give you volume! It clumps! It makes your eyelashes get stuck together and yes they look thick obviously but the volume is not there.

Overall I like it because it darkens my blond lashes that are long but I don't like it because it doesn't give you volume. I will try another cover girl mascara next perhaps lash blash but not this. I would not buy it again.

on 4/11/2013 11:55:00 PM

I had high hopes for this mascara just because the reviews on this seemed promising. Honestly, I really dislike this mascara. This mascara clumped my eyelashes way too much and i don't like taking an extra 10 minutes just to separate the clumps. The volume of this mascara was close to nonexistent. Now I know why this mascara was only 5 dollars.

on 3/18/2013 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

bought this off MUA reviews and i am not disappointed! would never have thought to buy this, its old fashioned packaging doesn't stand out amongst all the newer, brighter gimmicky mascaras these days. this was placed all the way at the bottom of the shelf so i could barely see it. this mascara is great! thickens my sparse asian lashes, is very black & barely any raccoon eyes (i have MAJOR oily eyes). this still cant beat my all time favorite maybellines full & soft but its a great one to have in your makeup arsenal. good stuff!