October 24, 2014 | 1737 users online

Hair Treatments - One 'n Only - Argan Oil Treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by newgenhippie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm almost finished my second bottle this! I use this over my Knot Today and my hair is almost completely frizz free, silky and totally moisturized. When my hair doesnt have lots of new growth (thick, curly) I don't blow dry my hair. I let it air dry amd it's left silky. When I have lots of growth, I use my Conair browdryer with a comb attached and y hair is like water. I dont flat iron my hair. For fine hair, I would only use a small amount as it may look greasy but my thick hair absorbs this really quick.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by laurentate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this as a spray treatment after a new girl did my hair and used it as a finishing spray. I went to Sally's and immediately bought it. It was $8 with my club card and worth triple the money. My hair soaks this stuff up even if I accidentally put too much on it. It makes it incredibly soft and shiny and it feels like silk. For the record, my hair is overly damaged and fried from lots of bleach with kinks/waves/curls and lots of frizz. It's also very fine, but this stuff doesn't weigh it down at all. It's heaven. Also, I am in love with the smell - its a sweet and natural clean smell and is very faint after it dries.
Honestly, it's not heavy enough for a treatment but for daily use, it's perfect. Go try it out!

UPDATE: I don't really use this anymore - it was breaking my back and shoulders out, along with my face. It's such a bummer too. I guess I could keep using it but be extra careful but I'm not sure. I have half a bottle left. Also, I'm not really sure it did much longterm help for my hair - I'm gonna assume it was only a temporary fix. It might have even dried my hair out. I was using this stuff like crtazy though - like 3 times a day. :/

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by potlacedwithcray

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Violet

great smell but it's just full of silicones and argan oil is the second last ingredient. false advertisement.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by ladysonoma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm torn on this one, which is why I give it a 3. I can't decide if I like it or not.

The smell is my least favorite about this. It's kind of manly and strong, sits with me even after my hair is dry.

No doubt it's moisturizing, but it didn't really smooth down the flyaways.It wasn't humidity resistant, but it's nice.

I just bought the Garnier version of this. It has a lighter smell. It seems to work almost the same, and only cost $4. I'm really torn. The One n Only is nice, but I'm not sure it's worth the price of $10, approximately. I'm not sure if it is meant for people with frizzy hair.

I should also note that this is really hard to wash out of my hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by LauraWolfhart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Does this contain silicone? It made my hair shiny but kinda heavy and that's usually what silicones do. Plus, I then bought a different argan oil brand called Pro Naturals Moroccan Argan oil and my hair didn't get heavy at all and this brand is silicone free. It did a much better job with the frizz too so I think I'll be sticking to my second choice from now on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this from Sally's after reading the reviews on MUA and I'm so glad I did. This is a less expensive version of Moroccan Oil that imo is better. It smells waaaay less strong than Moroccan Oil, with a nicer overall scent. It costs less, and works just as well. I use it on wet and dry hair. I think those who say it leaves their hair greasy when using it dry must be using too much or have oily hair? My hair soaks this right up and it helps to moisturize and control the frizz (but doesn't eliminate it). If you like Moroccan Oil I'd highly recommend this instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 2:49:00 AM More reviews by GracefaceYay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is part of my routine when I wash my hair and I love it! When I get out of the shower I use this and mortician style cream and blow dry and my hair is amazing! It works fantastic at an ok price. However I DO NOT recommend on dry hair it leaves it oily and greasy! But works great on wet hair. All you need is a little bit and work it through your hair and that's it! It's simple and smells pleasant. My bottle came free with my blow dryer but I've seen it sell for around 15 dollars for a pretty good sized bottle considering how much you use each time. But I recommend it and it has helped my hair to a healthier condition!:)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by victoriaemilyf

I picked this up at Winners and have loved using it. It leaves my hair shiny and with less frizz when used after my shower and towel dry. My usual routine is shampoo, condition, tower dry, whatever other product strikes my fancy, argan oil, then blow dry/air dry and style with my flat iron. Works well for a good price.

I caution against using it on dry hair. It leaves it looking oily. However, for a night out - it will help tame hair and gloss up ends that have been processed.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

How did this get good reviews. my hair still looked like straw and smelled like a lake of dead fish.

And I overpaid.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2012 2:50:00 AM More reviews by nmaas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

When I first started using this product, it produced minimal results. Having bleach blonde, toned white hair then, I needed a lot of moisture so I looked elsewhere for it, however, since then I have slowly gotten rid of my bleach hair cut off a few inches and went back to my natural dirty golden blonde. It was still so dry and unhealthy from the bleaching and I was looking for anything to help. Out of frustration of using so many useless products hoping for moisture, I tried this product once more using it differently than before. It made my hair feel so good. The trick is putting about a dime to nickel sized amount in while damp or wet(more on the damp side is best) and make sure you are massaging it into your hair so it's not just sitting on it. It works so well this way. I think it is locking in the moisture from my conditioner and it feels so soft and it shiny, when before it was dull and dry and frizzy no matter what I did. btw I never straighten or put heat on my hair so this works without heat as well and produces nice results.