October 30, 2014 | 1345 users online

Loose Powders - NARS - Loose Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2010 4:04:00 AM More reviews by noname101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is an ok loose powder but I feel like its really overrated.

I completely agree with LZK - it looks really powdery and needs to be sprayed with fix+ to look good.

As it wears through the day, for me, it looks cakey- and I am not even very oily.

I guess skin products totally depend on the person.

Its NOT that finely milled, it comes out in chunks and you really need that little screen it comes with to work it into the brush so not to deposit blobs into your face.

i have it in beach and its a better match than other powders I have seen.

It does have good coverage for a loose powder so that can be good.

IT IS absolutely huge is the value is amazing- by weight its pretty much DS price.

I am thinking about returning it since i love my MSFN way more. Not sure.

I feel dumb for jumping on this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Lassomoon

Love this powder. Leaves a flawless look when used
over foundation. I must be really mess though, can't
seem to keep the container clean! LOL

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by MeganHan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i really really want to love this product, and have been using it for about 10 days now. it gives good coverage for a loose powder, feels smooth, and comes with a lot of product for the high price paid however, i can not tell if it is making my skin break out. i purchased this product, and MAC blotting powder on the same day and have been popping up with blemishes since using the two. I am not sure which is to blame for the new breakouts. Also, with this product, I do tend to get a lot oilier a lot earlier in the day. I am not sure if this product is made for combination/oily or normal/dry skin types either. The packaging is messy, but to help with the messiness, use the sifter and dump the powder over and tap the bottom, so that the powder drops into the lid. then swirl your brush into the lid and apply that way.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by chrisK75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product (in Flesh) for about 2 weeks and it is just amazing. 100% HG for me.

For ref: I am NC15, fine lines, visible pores and combo skin.

Pros: goes on smooth, no flakies, it absorbs the oily parts, did not settle into pores or fine lines and did not give me that cakey/powdery look.
I applied it with the poof and with the ecotools blush brush and kabuki; both did well. Made my make up last all day (10hrs)

Cons: A little pricey but worth it IMO

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 6:34:00 AM More reviews by yuphehe

Packaging sucks, but I pour some into my Aromaleigh powder container paired with a TheBodyShop powder puff and it works like a charm.
The powder feels like a dream.
It also covers very well.
Stays on very well.
So aside from packaging, I have nothing to complain about. I tried very hard to look for a mineral, natural, powder that I like, but failed miserably. So until I find a natural powder that is just as good as the Nars (packed with chemicals) I do not care.
Love IT.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2010 8:57:00 PM More reviews by KelseyP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wish I could give this a 4.5 - because honestly, the product is amazing. It is the container that I have serious issue with. The powder itself seriously finishes my skin to perfection - I have it in the color flesh and it makes me look totally polished and smooth. You get a ton of product for the money, so even thought it seems a bit pricey, it is well worth it for both the quality and amount. However, when I received my product in the mail from Nars, the powder was already sifting out of the container and over the outside of the container before I even open the lid. What a mess! I really thought the reviews must have it wrong, but there is no way to use this without a bit of a mess. Given that, if you are willing to deal with a little spillage, I have not found a powder close to this in quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2010 4:12:00 AM More reviews by crawfore

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this powder. I bought it in Flesh and it blends right into my rosy fair skin. It controls oil like no other powder and never clumps or cakes - amazing considering my t-zone is very oily. The powder looks natural, does not change the color of your foundation, and is not drying. Simply the best as far as I'm concerned. The packaging could be better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by julvett

I love this powder! It makes my skin look like it's been Photoshopped for a magazine, haha. Sure it can get a bit messy if you apply it in a rush, but if you're careful, you can use it without wasting any product. Although it is pricey, a lot of product comes with it and you get a puff as as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 5:10:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I read the reviews and I bought it ... I use a lot of powder for mattifying my foudation and my T-Zone.
And, boy, MUA was right. I am absolutely sold by this powder!
I have this in Flesh, an I am a NW 15 in winter. The shade is just perfect, suits yellows undertones like mine.
it is so finely milled, like the high end ones (=Chanel, Becca etc.). Sets your foundation and keep olies at bay.
The finish is matte but natural, elegant and soft.
I so much like it.
And what I like best is the price. For 25 you get 45 grams of product (can you believe that? the double of any normal power and 3 times the Becca or Mac ones).
So the price, for that super quality powder, is unbeatable.
One one small dislike. The pacakging; the jar is not very comfy, the sifter has huge holes and there is a risk of spilling powder... I wish that they got rid of the rubber shell, as it gets dirty in a second.
Other than that, and excellent powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2010 1:09:00 AM More reviews by LZK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not my favorite NARS product but I received this for free from a MA friend. I have Flesh, and am NC/NW20. It is pretty cakey and leaves a powdery finish. I rarely use powder in the first place since I wear Revlon CS, but with my lighter foundations, I've been picking this up again and now with a spray of MAC fix + it looks pretty good. But there are definitely better powders out there.