NARS Loose Powder

talc, silica, polyethylene, zea mays [zea mays (corn) starch], nylon-66, isopropyl myristate, disodium edta, dimethicone, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, /- may contain : mica, ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride), ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499 (iron oxides) ci 77891 (titanium dioxide) ci 77007 (ultramarines), ci 77288 (chromium oxide greens), ci 77289 (chromium hydroxide green).

on 5/2/2010 10:35:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Very very nice powder but what a MESS!!! Most loose powders are on the messy side. It's a lil pricey but you get a ton of product and the finish is beautiful.

on 5/2/2010 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought this after seeing it used by Makeup Geek, and I absolutely love it. I've used lots of powders up to this point, and I don't plan on buying anything else now. I use this in Desert on top of Revlon Colorstay foundation. It completes the flawless airbrushed look for me.

Packaging: First and foremost, I followed the instructions on the sticker and put the screen underneath the sifter. As in, I took the sifter out and put the screen directly on top of the powder then put the sifter back in. I think this makes a huge difference in how the powder comes out and whether or not you get a mess. I have yet to have any powder mess, and the container has stayed clean.

My technique: I use the puff that came with my ELF High Definition Powder. I put it over the holes and shake and the perfect amount of powder is on the puff. Then I roll/press it over my skin. I repeat this for every section of my face. I haven't noticed a powdery finish, but just in case, I always pass a clean powder brush over my face to get rid of excess. In this case, it's the ELF Studio Complexion Brush.

I find that the finish is pretty matte on my skin, and I do get the airbrushed look. I have gotten a lot of compliments on my "skin" looking great. I have used this on it's own without fdtn underneath, and it works well if I'm in a hurry. In that situation, I just buff it on with a kabuki brush as if it were a mineral fdtn. All in all, it's a wonderful powder that stays put and completes my look.

The price: Very reasonable when you consider how much powder you're getting. I got mine when Sephora had the 15% off sale. Even full price you're getting a great deal. I do recommend this product and I won't buy another powder.

on 4/29/2010 8:48:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I bought this powder in the Eden shade. It covers up nicely, and I look almost poreless after applying a very thin layer on top of my foundation! It has a matte finish, but it doesn't make your skin look dull. The powder goes on smoothly; I just take my powder brush and lightly glide it over my face. The packaging, like everyone one else here says, is absolutely horrible. When I opened the packaging, for the first time, it was already quite messy around the edges of the container. Inside the container, there's a black sticker tab that asks you to carefully pull it away (to reveal the holes where the product comes out). However, I suggest anyone who wants to buy this, to only pull up a small corner of the tab (revealing about three holes), then leave the remaining tab in place. This way, you won't waste too much product, and won't really make a mess. I actually kinda like the mesh on top, it sifts the powder when I lightly shake the powder container upside down into the lid. I recommend using this powder on top of a foundation with dewy finish!
Edit: I need to add to what I said earlier, about shaking the container upside down, I also have to tap the container a little to really get the powder out. Otherwise, shaking the container too hard would simply make everything fall out.

on 4/28/2010 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

this is an ok loose powder but I feel like its really overrated.

I completely agree with LZK - it looks really powdery and needs to be sprayed with fix+ to look good.

As it wears through the day, for me, it looks cakey- and I am not even very oily.

I guess skin products totally depend on the person.

Its NOT that finely milled, it comes out in chunks and you really need that little screen it comes with to work it into the brush so not to deposit blobs into your face.

i have it in beach and its a better match than other powders I have seen.

It does have good coverage for a loose powder so that can be good.

IT IS absolutely huge is the value is amazing- by weight its pretty much DS price.

I am thinking about returning it since i love my MSFN way more. Not sure.

I feel dumb for jumping on this.

on 4/27/2010 8:09:00 PM

Love this powder. Leaves a flawless look when used
over foundation. I must be really mess though, can't
seem to keep the container clean! LOL

on 4/27/2010 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

i really really want to love this product, and have been using it for about 10 days now. it gives good coverage for a loose powder, feels smooth, and comes with a lot of product for the high price paid however, i can not tell if it is making my skin break out. i purchased this product, and MAC blotting powder on the same day and have been popping up with blemishes since using the two. I am not sure which is to blame for the new breakouts. Also, with this product, I do tend to get a lot oilier a lot earlier in the day. I am not sure if this product is made for combination/oily or normal/dry skin types either. The packaging is messy, but to help with the messiness, use the sifter and dump the powder over and tap the bottom, so that the powder drops into the lid. then swirl your brush into the lid and apply that way.

on 4/25/2010 5:13:00 PM

I have been using this product (in Flesh) for about 2 weeks and it is just amazing. 100% HG for me.

For ref: I am NC15, fine lines, visible pores and combo skin.

Pros: goes on smooth, no flakies, it absorbs the oily parts, did not settle into pores or fine lines and did not give me that cakey/powdery look.
I applied it with the poof and with the ecotools blush brush and kabuki; both did well. Made my make up last all day (10hrs)

Cons: A little pricey but worth it IMO

on 4/23/2010 6:34:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Packaging sucks, but I pour some into my Aromaleigh powder container paired with a TheBodyShop powder puff and it works like a charm.
The powder feels like a dream.
It also covers very well.
Stays on very well.
So aside from packaging, I have nothing to complain about. I tried very hard to look for a mineral, natural, powder that I like, but failed miserably. So until I find a natural powder that is just as good as the Nars (packed with chemicals) I do not care.
Love IT.

on 4/22/2010 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I wish I could give this a 4.5 - because honestly, the product is amazing. It is the container that I have serious issue with. The powder itself seriously finishes my skin to perfection - I have it in the color flesh and it makes me look totally polished and smooth. You get a ton of product for the money, so even thought it seems a bit pricey, it is well worth it for both the quality and amount. However, when I received my product in the mail from Nars, the powder was already sifting out of the container and over the outside of the container before I even open the lid. What a mess! I really thought the reviews must have it wrong, but there is no way to use this without a bit of a mess. Given that, if you are willing to deal with a little spillage, I have not found a powder close to this in quality.

on 4/3/2010 4:12:00 AM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I love this powder. I bought it in Flesh and it blends right into my rosy fair skin. It controls oil like no other powder and never clumps or cakes - amazing considering my t-zone is very oily. The powder looks natural, does not change the color of your foundation, and is not drying. Simply the best as far as I'm concerned. The packaging could be better.

Recommended for Normal Skin