April 21, 2014 | 1910 users online

Hair - Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by dawnzartandlife

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have fine thin hair and use a ton of styling products to get it to look decent. I saw these reviews on ACV here, and thought I would give it a try. I was impressed. I poured some vinegar in the cap of the container it was in, dumped it on my head and worked it through my hair. I left it in a minute or two, and rinsed, followed by conditioning shampoo. I think it works better and cheaper than the Clarifying Shampoo I use. It doesn't dry out my hair like the Clarifier, and it's natural and cheap. win win! I have tried both shampooing afterward and not...there is never a vinegar smell either way, so it is a personal preference thing.Thanks MUA!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Camillian74

I love Bragg apple cider. I use it as a shampoo with a few drops of aloe--it gets rid of dry scalp and keeps my hair healthy and shiny. The funky vinegary smell only lasts a few minutes. It works great when mixed with clay powder for a face mask, and is an awesome ingredient in salad dressing! Plus it doesnt have to be refrigerated.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this to clarify my hair when it starts getting oily. Personally, I use one third cup ACV mixed with two cups of warm water. You can rinse it out right after or let it dry. It clarifies very well and leaves hair soft and shiny. Smells funny, and isn't a perfect alternative to regular clarifying shampoo, but eh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- gets rid of throat infections
- adds shine to hair
- eliminates frizz and itchy scalp
- helps inflammation/arthritis

CONS

- smell
- bad taste/causes stomachache when ingested

COMMENTS

I've been using this stuff for years. It's a miracle when it comes to colds, psoriasis, and arthritis. I make sure to always have it available. I use it daily to rid of itchy scalp and inflammation caused by psoriasis. During flu season, I drink a shot glass full to keep colds away and rid of sore throat. This is something you need to get past the smell of because it is incredibly beneficial to your health.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 3:27:00 AM More reviews by nmaas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is so awesome for my hair. Having thin hair, it is very easy for product to build up on my hair, so I am in need of an awesome clarifying rinse and this is exactly it. I mix this 1 part acv, 3 parts water in a big cup, and I sometimes shampoo before, but not always. I pour the rinse in my hair and leave it for 3 to 6 minutes massaging it into my scalp mostly I rinse this out with lukewarm water(more on the cold side) really well. My hair is dry from bleaching at the ends so I always condition well after and rinse with freezing cold water. The only problem is if I use this rinse too much it makes my thin, dry hair too dry so I limit it to every 1 to 2 weeks to keep my hair soft and shiny. But so awesome considering the price and the results. 5 lippies!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Sarsonator

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

In love with everything but the smell! I use this on my hair once a week after shampooing and it's left soft and shiny. I would use it more often, but it seems to fade my hair color. I mix up 50% Braggs ACV and 50% aloe juice and use as a toner AM and PM. My skin has never looked better! It's clear and soft and the tone has improved. One of the best inexpensive beauty items I have found! Definitely one of my HG products!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Ioana321

Since I was little, my mom used to soak my hair in vinegar and water to get rid of lice. Everytime my hair would feel better after the vinegar than anyother shampoo I have ever used! I use Moroccan Oil but really Vinegar does a better job to make hair to make hair super soft and shiny. Mix 1/6 parts vinegar and the rest water into a container, use shampoo and conditioner and then pour the container over your hair. Leave it in a little and then rinse it out. :)

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2012 8:31:00 AM More reviews by hanmu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Honestly I have no idea whether this does anything good for my skin, but it doesn't seem to cause any harm which is a miracle in itself.
I use it mixed with water as a toner, but it can be quite drying during the colder months so I may switch it out for a more gentle alternative until summer rolls round.
As for the scent, after using it for over a year I've almost become quite fond of it!

ETA: This seems to have been the culprit of my recent breakouts. The second I cut it out of my routine my skin started clearing up again! I guess it's just too harsh for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by iloveyourstory

I love this stuff! It does what no conditioner has ever done for my hair. I've bought so many expensive conditioners hoping that the next one would give me beautiful, shiny, and bouncy hair. I always ended up disappointed. So, thanks to MUA, I decided I would give ACV a try, even though I just knew it wouldn't work. Well...it worked wonders! It made my fine, dull, lifeless hair come to life. Seriously, I have never seen hair this shiny and conditioned. I bought a tub of the Kroger brand and it still works like the organic one. I use the Giovanni 50/50 Shampoo, then follow up with ACV (1 tbs per 1 cup of warm water), and top it off with 2 drops of Jojoba oil on the dry ends. I will never go back to conditioners, they never work and this does. Thanks MUA!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by namissaas224

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I'd definitely give it a try in your hair if you use a lot of products. Not only does it get rid of all the product build up in your hair but it also makes it really soft and shiny. I don't even have to use conditioner afterwards unless I want to. I use a lot of different hair products so using this as a rinse is a must. Even when I was little my mom would rinse my hair with this because it makes it really shiny and soft. I just get a cup and fill it about 1/4 - 1/2 full of vinegar then fill the rest with water and pour it over my hair after I wash it. As long as you rinse it out really well you cant smell the vinegar afterwards at all.