October 31, 2014 | 1508 users online

Hair - Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by loverofproducts

I used the Heinz acv - (even though i bet the braggs might work better in making it more shinier, but it was more expensive). I bought the 1 litre for like 2.37 or something, which was an ok price to me, especially in comparison to conditioners and shampoos. I really wish this coudl be used alone as a shampoo, but i don't think it can, unless you slowly stop using shampoos and conditioners. I have this very drying shampoo, that works great but is drying, and i'm trying to finish taht, so i used that . First, I put 1/3 acv and 2/3 water, in a spray bottle and sprayed it in all parts of my scalp and gently massaged. I left it in for 25 minutes- 40 minutes. Then, I shampooed regularly, and because i could feel a little itching, i sprtized it in a few problem places, and put a very gentle (and not super conditioning) conditioner on the very tips of my hair. Then I rinsed :D I have done this twice already, and my head does not itch, except occasioinally maybe 2-3 times a day, i feel a small itche which will hopefully go away later. Also, I had to watch my hair only on the 4th day, because my head didn't get oily/ produce much oil till then. I htink it works great at removing residue, and the smell did take approx. 1/2 day to go away complete/ until my hair got dry, and then it didn't smell at all. Amazing so far. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Mom2Free

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As a hair rinse, I love this stuff! I use it once a week, diluted with water, to clarify my hair. Somehow, it rinses the buildup out of my hair while still leaving it soft (not dried out). It also got rid of my dandruff. I use it after my shampoo and don't rinse it out. Yes, the smell is gross, but it goes away when your hair dries.
If your hair is colored, don't use it. It will strip the color out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Let me tell you! This stuff is the business! I am trying to lighten my hair by using honey and some other natural ingredients. So I will shampoo my hair and then rinse and pour some apple cider vinegar on rinse and condition. My hair becomes so much more shiny, soft, and all around healthier looking. This stuff is awesome.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 3:04:00 AM More reviews by misslu990

I don't use this as a toner on my face but I do take 2 tbs a day. I just dilute this by adding 1 tbs twice a day to a glass of water. This is supposed to be good for speeding up your metabolism and aiding in weight loss. I haven't tried using this in salads yet but I'm planning on it. As far as the taste, it took some time to get used to it but now I don't mind as long as the glass of water is cold. The smell is more pungent than anything so I can see why some people wouldn't like it. But the benefits outweigh the smell. The other day I woke up with a really bad stomach ache and I poured a glass of water and added some apple cider vinegar to it and drank it. It really helped my stomach feel better so it definitely helps with digestion. Ive also used this on my hair as a rinse and it really helped give my hair some shine and felt clean. II buy big bottles of it off of vitacost.com and the price isn't bad at all for the size you get. I will be repurchasing again and again

UPDATE 10/2/2012: I used this a couple days ago as a dressing for a salad and included some olive oil and it tasted really good. If you like an oil and vinegar dressing then replace the vinegar with apple cider vinegar. It's much better for you and saves calories and bad fats that are found in a lot of other dressings.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Cheers7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

So...the jury is still out, but so far pretty happy with results! I am taking it internally-2 tbs mixed with honey, shot style because I can't stand prolonging the taste in a glass of water!( Yuck)...also using as a toner...no dilution with a couple drops of lavender. I've been at it a week now and know my skin is purging...it's also brighter and smoother. It helped heal a cyst on my cheek in three days!...and for anyone who gets those you know that's a feit! I'm going to try this regime for a month with hope :-)
*sorry...just realized this was the "hair" reveiw, but, it really is great for skin and overall health too*

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have a plastic bottle filled with acv and shampoo (any inexpensive shampoo will do-Suave, V05, Tresseme etc...and the shampoo can either be clear or pearly opaque) and shake to mix. I literally and liberally pour it into my hair to wash. Lathers beautifully. I wash and rinse my hair with icy cold water only. I cannot stand the smell of acv on its own but mixed with the shampoos it brings out the appleness of it and it isn't bad at all. If it didn't there's no way I'd use it because the smell is just YUK. The combo of cold water and this special shampoo mix makes my hair very clean, shiny, smooth and just plain nice. I wash my hair only every 3-5 days and use this shampoo every time. I usually do not need a conditioner afterwards either. Just buy any generic acv-doesn't have to be Bragg's or anything expensive. I pick up the huge bottles of Kroger brand acv. The best (or my favorite anyway) bottles for my shampoo mix are the opaque plastic rubbing alcohol bottles from CVS, the large and the small ones. They are easily washed and they are square and they just look really cool. Plus they are good in the bathroom because they don't break if they fall!

20 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Marila95

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used it as a conditioner, with baking soda as my shampoo, as an experiment.

Pros: Leaves my hair very, very soft and manageable.
Although the smell during application is unbearable to me (smells like vomit), it completely vanishes after my hair dries.

Cons: You need to mask the smell of it in the bathroom with air freshener or something.
The smell during application and before your hair dries.
You need an empty squeezy bottle, so you'll need a funnel.
The consistency - it's way too thin.

I still give it 5/5 because of the results :)

The price varies a lot, of course, but ANY apple cider vinegar will do, so buy the cheapest.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by dawnzartandlife

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have fine thin hair and use a ton of styling products to get it to look decent. I saw these reviews on ACV here, and thought I would give it a try. I was impressed. I poured some vinegar in the cap of the container it was in, dumped it on my head and worked it through my hair. I left it in a minute or two, and rinsed, followed by conditioning shampoo. I think it works better and cheaper than the Clarifying Shampoo I use. It doesn't dry out my hair like the Clarifier, and it's natural and cheap. win win! I have tried both shampooing afterward and not...there is never a vinegar smell either way, so it is a personal preference thing.Thanks MUA!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Camillian74

I love Bragg apple cider. I use it as a shampoo with a few drops of aloe--it gets rid of dry scalp and keeps my hair healthy and shiny. The funky vinegary smell only lasts a few minutes. It works great when mixed with clay powder for a face mask, and is an awesome ingredient in salad dressing! Plus it doesnt have to be refrigerated.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this to clarify my hair when it starts getting oily. Personally, I use one third cup ACV mixed with two cups of warm water. You can rinse it out right after or let it dry. It clarifies very well and leaves hair soft and shiny. Smells funny, and isn't a perfect alternative to regular clarifying shampoo, but eh.