October 1, 2014 | 1809 users online

Eyeliner - Kat Von D - Tattoo Liner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by tatumparks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this eyeliner so much. I have the mini size now and when that runs out, I'm definitely repurchasing. I love the applicator, even though the eyeliner isn't completely black. I do two coats and it's a perfect, dark black. I do a cat eye every day and this does an amazon job. I love it, best eyeliner I've ever worn, hands down.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by mariscrane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I have the problem you may have heard of where makeup loves to migrate down the sockets of my eyes, so that I look crazed or upset or get comments like "You look tired" (UGHHH!!) if I'm not careful with application and touch ups. No matter what caliber primer and eye makeup I use, it's just constant strategizing. This is pretty much the reason liquid liner has been a rare and largely unsuccessful endeavor in my routine, but the name and reviews for Tattoo liner were pretty persuasive. Once the weather got cool I decided to try a simple 60's cat eye on my upper lid and this eyeliner seemed like my best bet. (It also meant that I wouldn't have to do much to my lower lids: the danger zone when it comes to runoff.) It was totally impressive: for one thing, I hadn't used the eyeliner since I had opened it and swatched it several weeks before, and the liquid hadn't dried up in the slightest. The cap is airtight for sure! (However, the barrel of the marker did eventually detach, which was kind of annoying but didn't affect the actual liner at all.) Second: Pen liners have been disappointing in the past, but this tip is designed perfectly for drawing precise lines AND the black is very deep and dark, very much like tattoo ink. Third and most importantly: The shape and clarity of my cat eye was intact all day ... It actually stayed put for a full 12 hours! Got compliments from the boyfriend too, which counts for something. Now the cat eye is becoming a daily thing. Meow.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by jvsmine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this two months ago and it has now become my HG liner! Everyday I do winged eyeliner and this product is perfect for it. The colour is super black and pigmented and the felt tip is really precise. I always use felt tip liners because I feel like I have more control since it feels like I'm just drawing with a pen, and this one definitely one of the best ones I've tried. Since the tip is so precise and it stays nice and pointed, it makes applying eyeliner so much easier, especially when winging it out. And because it's so nice and pigmented, you don't have to repeatedly go over the line to darken it. It lasts throughout the day too. My eyelids tend to get oily during the day and with this product, my eyeliner does not budge or smudge at all. Also, I've been using it nearly everyday for the past two months and it's still going strong - no signs of it starting to fade or run out. The only thing that is a bit of a negative is that it is more on the expensive side, but in my opinion, it is really worth the price. When I do run out of this liner (I have no idea when that will be though) I will definitely repurchase it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by mmarikom

I'm totally new to liquid eyeliner and Kat Von D's tattoo liner is my first go at it so I don't have much to compare it to. I've avoided using liquid eyeliner in the past because I didn't feel like I would have the makeup applying prowess to make it look good. I'm still learning (by that I mean watching lots of Youtube tutorials) and will often use Q-tips with eye makeup remover to get a clean look but really I could not imagine a liquid liner being much easier! I also have tendency to rub my eyes but once the liner sets it is there for the rest of the day...I've taken many naps with this stuff on and wake up with it perfectly in place!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 2:15:00 AM More reviews by briannanm

My go to! My HG! My love! I'm a makeup artist at Sephora and I absolutely LOVE this liner. I use it every day on myself and on my clients when they ask for a liner. You can't go wrong with the fine brush tip. You can achieve either a thick or thin line by just varying the pressure and angle of the brush and it'll last you months, even with every day use. Also, wings are an absolute breeze with this applicator. It's extremely black, long wearing, water resistant, and easy to use. My only discontent with this product (and it's small) is that is would love if it dried matte. However, the sheen is very slight and is fixable within a few seconds when you set it with a black shadow. I've been repurchasing for years and will continue to do so!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by JayCollins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh, Tattoo Eyeliner how do I love thee? Let me count the ways:

1. Super rich pigment, lasts All Stinkin Day with no flaking, no budging, no funny business
2. Perfect felt tip! Not too big, perfect for a precise flick at the end!
3. Price! Ok, I know it isn't a bargain...but it beats the hell out of the Lancomes and Marc Jacobs of the world.

I have bought it four times, and plan to keep it around forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Definitelygorgeous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was so thrilled to exchange my points for a deluxe sample of this from Sephora! The product is great and I did not experience any flaking or smudging throughout the day. The eyeliner also dries to a glossy finish as opposed to a matte finish.

My only complaint is that the brush is a wee bit too thin for my liking. I understand that this is a pro for some people that like that control but I personally like my eyeliner to be thick and when a brush is so thin.. it does take a while to fill in.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this product however I will not be repurchasing in the future because of the thin brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by ishiharaseth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Kat Von D does it again. I've been looking for a good felt-tip liner for a million years now after being disappointed by Maybelline's, which chips and flakes as you layer it as well as over time.

Tattoo Liner to the rescue! The tip comes to a super-fine point, allowing for tons of control - you can draw pencil-thin lines or really thick winged eyes with no problem. It's pigmentation is nothing to laugh at, either; you won't be having to go over your work more than once.

As usual, the packaging and liner itself are very cute, it's easy to open, and definitely worth the price - if it looks expensive, keep in mind that this will last you a billion years.

The only downside is that I wish it came in more colors~

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by lifeisaparadox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been on a hunt for the best liquid liner and this is it! I have been using this for over a year now and finally decided to review it. About me: I have very oily hooded eyelids. Even with primer, eyeliners tend to rub off because of my hooded lids.

Despite its hefty price tag, Kat Von D Tattoo Liner is THE liquid liner. It is my HG as it does not budge, the pen itself lasts quite long time (I'm at 6 months right now w/ everyday use), and easy to use/control with the felt tip as it resembles a pen. I've had other pen liners dry up on me quite quickly but this does not. I've also gone through music festivals (yes, that's like 12 hours of dancing, sweating, and craziness) and this still manages to be the only thing in place on my face. Of course, I do also prime my eyes and add a neutral skin-color eyeshadow base for protection, but this stuff is amazing.

I recommend this for all those who are looking for a smudge-proof, non-budging liquid eyeliner. I especially recommend this for those who are having difficulty with liquid liners since this felt-tip is pen-shaped and you can easily "draw" a thin line and build from there. Out of all the different liquid liners I've tried (and believe me.. it's a lot!) this tip is very easy to use.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 8:44:00 AM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is HG. I loooooove this liner. I wear eyeliner everyday, and I've tried many many different brands and versions (pencil, gel, brush) and really, this by FAR the best. It is easy to apply, the tip is very thin so for the inner corner it is perfect, the color is not too black, and it stays on forever (but you can remove it easily haha)
Honestly you cannot find a better liner. Thanks Kat! ;)