September 2, 2014 | 1097 users online

Eyeliner - Kat Von D - Tattoo Liner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Definitelygorgeous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was so thrilled to exchange my points for a deluxe sample of this from Sephora! The product is great and I did not experience any flaking or smudging throughout the day. The eyeliner also dries to a glossy finish as opposed to a matte finish.

My only complaint is that the brush is a wee bit too thin for my liking. I understand that this is a pro for some people that like that control but I personally like my eyeliner to be thick and when a brush is so thin.. it does take a while to fill in.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this product however I will not be repurchasing in the future because of the thin brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by ishiharaseth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Kat Von D does it again. I've been looking for a good felt-tip liner for a million years now after being disappointed by Maybelline's, which chips and flakes as you layer it as well as over time.

Tattoo Liner to the rescue! The tip comes to a super-fine point, allowing for tons of control - you can draw pencil-thin lines or really thick winged eyes with no problem. It's pigmentation is nothing to laugh at, either; you won't be having to go over your work more than once.

As usual, the packaging and liner itself are very cute, it's easy to open, and definitely worth the price - if it looks expensive, keep in mind that this will last you a billion years.

The only downside is that I wish it came in more colors~

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by lifeisaparadox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been on a hunt for the best liquid liner and this is it! I have been using this for over a year now and finally decided to review it. About me: I have very oily hooded eyelids. Even with primer, eyeliners tend to rub off because of my hooded lids.

Despite its hefty price tag, Kat Von D Tattoo Liner is THE liquid liner. It is my HG as it does not budge, the pen itself lasts quite long time (I'm at 6 months right now w/ everyday use), and easy to use/control with the felt tip as it resembles a pen. I've had other pen liners dry up on me quite quickly but this does not. I've also gone through music festivals (yes, that's like 12 hours of dancing, sweating, and craziness) and this still manages to be the only thing in place on my face. Of course, I do also prime my eyes and add a neutral skin-color eyeshadow base for protection, but this stuff is amazing.

I recommend this for all those who are looking for a smudge-proof, non-budging liquid eyeliner. I especially recommend this for those who are having difficulty with liquid liners since this felt-tip is pen-shaped and you can easily "draw" a thin line and build from there. Out of all the different liquid liners I've tried (and believe me.. it's a lot!) this tip is very easy to use.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 8:44:00 AM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is HG. I loooooove this liner. I wear eyeliner everyday, and I've tried many many different brands and versions (pencil, gel, brush) and really, this by FAR the best. It is easy to apply, the tip is very thin so for the inner corner it is perfect, the color is not too black, and it stays on forever (but you can remove it easily haha)
Honestly you cannot find a better liner. Thanks Kat! ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by MissNostalgia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Swapping this off, pronto.

A very kind US-based MUAer was willing to get a couple of these liners for me from Sephora and send them to me and I feel terrible for wasting her time.

I only swatched the back of my hand with them and I found them to be very dry and difficult to apply. It was like they were left open for too long, and I felt the colours were rather muddy. I was expecting something bolder, maybe not super bright, but they both resembled more of a watered down black than the colours they were packaged to represent.

Very disappointing since KVDs other products are usually more suited to my expectations.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by HRgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is def my HG in eyeliners!!!
I've only ever used liquid eyeliners since I was 16 years old and this one is BY FAR the BEST! The liner goes on so smooth you don't even have to think about it. I purchased color Trooper about a year and a half ago and haven't looked back. I don't think I could ever use any other liner. This is very long lasting; I apply it about 6 in the morning everyday and don't wash off until about 10:00 in the evening and it still looks as if I just applied it when I'm about to wash it off. The pen lasts about 3 months....maybe a little longer if I store it upside down. The price was a little more than I was used to spending on an eyeliner at first but since I love Kat Von D I decided to buy it anyway. So worth the price--you get what you pay for!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by cutiepolish24

This is just the perfect liner to make the perfect cat eye, is long lasting and very dark. I have nothing but good things to say about it, the price could be a bit lower but I guess that's why is so good. I've tried a few liners even the Urban Decay ones and I still keep coming back to it. Kay Von D really knew what she wanted out this product. I am so glad to have given it a try, I will repurchase this once is finished!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 2:08:00 AM More reviews by greenobsession

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Hi. Let me just say that this is pretty much the perfect black liquid eyeliner for a liquid eyeliner noob like me. (Oh, the shade I'm reviewing is Trooper)

Everyone raves about Stila's Stay All Day. I, however, much prefer this one. Why, you ask? Because of the applicator. I like the tip of this one much better. It's less flimsy that the stila one, and I feel like it's more precise.

The staying power is also almost equal to that of Stila's if not equal. However, everything transfers on my lid eventually so it's not any eyeliner's fault that there's a faint black line on my lid at the end of an 8 hour day.

Get this. Pricey, but fabulous. I've had mine since the start of the summer and still have not ran out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Melisaaaaxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got this product for the 100pts award at sephora, works great, it lives up to its name "Tattoo liner" because it litterally stays in place all day. I love this liner especially because if you make a mistake its very easy to correct your mistake with a q-tip without the product smudging, some may think, if it comes off so easily like that than its not long lasting, but it is trust me, i wear this thing every day and it works beautifully and stays on beautifully

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by icestars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG liner! After my Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner started to dry out, I decided to go for another liner. I am most pleased to say that I am so grateful that I tried his out. Although the shade "trooper" is not as lack as the Stila's in Intense Black, it looks more natural. It is only $18, compared to the Stila. Also, instead of a felt tip, it's a brush tip. It lasts longer than the Stila liner (considering it is stay all day) an the Stila started feathering out on me within the first two weeks. This one is still nice sharp and precise after a month of daily use. The packaging is do nice and sleek, and it has a matte finish. Definitely try this out if you are on the hunt for a long lasting liquid liner!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No