April 16, 2014 | 961 users online

Eyeliner - Kat Von D - Tattoo Liner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

I LOVE THIS EYELINER! It's so easy to use, it's super black, it lasts all day and yet its super easy to remove! I can't live without this!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by AnzisAmazing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this eyeliner. Its easy to achieve a cat eye with this liner because of the pen like tip. This liner last all day, but is easy enough to remove. The one issue i have is that Ive only had it about 2 months, and i don't use it every day, only a few times a week and its dried out already. For $20 for a eyeliner I would expect a longer lifespan! They should add more product for that price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by jelbeanqueen

I bought this eyeliner from Sephora just because I was curious about the Kat Von D products. It's the best eyeliner I have ever had. It's easy to apply and the texture is almost like a mix between an eye pencil and liquid liner. I want to try other eyeliners just for fun, but I will probably end up buying this again because it's great to wear everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by bhazelman

OMG! love love love...i swear iv been through so many eyeliners..from gel to liquids to pencils..different brands ..from high end to drugstore..and this is the BEST! its so worth it..i call it an investment..its a bit pricey..but definitely worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by corabain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was very excited to try this product, but ended up disappointed. It is typically the style of eyeliner I use daily.
The eyeliner is nice and dark, but harder to apply that I thought it would, even with the thin marker-style tip. It takes alot of work to get a nice, even line. It flakes and chips off while applying, and is not buildable. If you need to go over it, it takes off what you've already applied.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2013 9:24:00 AM More reviews by HolyMolly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been on the hunt for an outstanding everyday black liner for tight-lining since my beloved Jemma Kidd I-Tech liner was discontinued. I tried a Smashbox product, returned it, and now this. I really, really wanted to love it.

The formula itself is alright. It went on smoothly and stayed put. No smudging or flaking. And it lasted well enough throughout the day. When the corners of my eyes watered, though, it did disappear (not run or smudge; just disappeared) so I'm hesitant to say it's truly waterproof.

The main issues I had with this product were:

1) The pigmentation. In my opinion it's such a dusty, faint black that it almost leans gray. I prefer a crisper, even glossy black.

2) The packaging! OMG, the packaging! The applicator is a brush tip, but with very taut bristles that come to a point. I'm fine with that and comfortable using all types of brushes for liquid liner. But because of the way the cap fits onto the liner pen, the bristles get caught and bent. Since the pen and cap and bristles are all black, there's definitely no way to see this happening as you re-cap it (not sure if you could anyway, given the angle). When you re-open it again later, though, the bristles are frayed and bent way back and of course that leaves liner in weird places, tickles and pushes on your eyelashes, etc. Major issue!

3) I purchased this product less than 3 weeks ago and have used it almost daily. I've noticed in the past few days it seems to be empty and is getting dry. I'd expect a pricy HE liner to last longer than that.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by adelikat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As so many people before me have said, this eyeliner is amazing. This is honestly my holy grail eyeliner, not just liquid. This is the only thing that does not smudge or transfer on to my lower lash line.

I have repurchased this eyeliner at least 6 times. They usually last about 5 months or so, but at first I thought they ran out around 3 months. You do have to be careful, they can dry out, so ALWAYS put the cap back on. I use to be lazy about this and lost a few liners because of it. If it seems like you've run out, shake the liner and you should be good again.

This last me all day at work, and I work for 9 or more hours outside in the heat. I have put it on for work in the morning and then gone out that night and it still didn't smudge.

It does come off easily with a makeup remover though, I use Bioderma or coconut oil. I do have sensitive eyes and this never bothers them.

I will continue to repurchase this products over and over!

Oh, one annoying this; if you purchase this from Sephora, the black color, Trooper, is almost always sold out in store... So order it online!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by nlvpcohjmis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The best liquid liner I've ever used -- and I've tried many. I stays on forever and it's the first one with a decent applicator.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by emilyhannelx3

I reviewed this before when I first got it, (loved it then too) and I want to do so again now that I've used it a few months. I'm on my second pen and I LOVE it. I purchased LORAC front of the line liquid pen and the Stila one as well so I could compare. But I always found myself coming back to the Kat Von D one, it's amazing. The pen design makes drawing a straight line so simple and it's easy to make it thicker/thinner too. I have so much control with it- it doesnt shake or make my eyeliner look bumpy. It stays put ALL day long and needs no touching up. <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by tokiomama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have hooded eyes so finding eyeliners that don't smudge against my lid throughout the day is a pain.

TIP: This one does smudge BUT only if i wear it alone without eyeshadow. I think because when i wear my shadow my eyelids dont get too oily so it doesnt melt the liner. Other than that this is the perfect liner. WAY better than the Lancome one or the UD one that felt sticky Even after it was dry. I dont feel it fades much throughout the day but just in case i take it with me for touchups! I wouldnt use this liner during a workout or rainy weather because it is NOT WATERPROOF