Yves Saint Laurent Parisienne

3.7

on 2/19/2011 11:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I finally finished the sample size, I have to say I completely changed my mind in the course of wearing this fragrance over a few months. I liked the magazine sample, but I didn't like wearing it at first, I thought it was too sweet and just had that generic-perfume quality. I'm a fan now though! It is girly and sweet, but not loud or overpowering, as long as you don't overdo it. I can't say what it is exactly, but it has its own warm comforting quality to it that I really enjoy, and that sets it apart. It's not a sultry sexy fragrance really, as they advertised it, but much more of a gentle comfort fragrance to me, something that I wear for myself, when I want a sweet little warm-fuzzy-pick-me-up. It lasts quite a while also. But don't overdo it, or it will be sickeningly sweet.

on 2/14/2011 10:46:00 PM

So, I was looking for a new perfume and tried this out while in sephora. I sprayed it on one of those little cards and fell in love. To me, it smelled like bubble gum. Not sure why, but it smelled sweet and girly. So, I bought it! Then I wore it to work and it smelled different on me. :( reminds me a bit of tommy girl, but with some sweetness. I like it, but its not one of my favorites. I thought it was going to work with me, but it just didn't. And to be honest, I am noy a huge fan of the bottle, its pretty simple and the ysl logo is on a sticker and that just screams cheap to me. Its not a bad scent, but not one I would purchase again.

on 2/9/2011 3:21:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Too cloying for me.

on 2/8/2011 11:56:00 PM

I got a sample of this, and I LOVE IT. I have tried countless perfumes recently in my effort to branch out my fragrance wardrobe and this one is a winner. It was pure love upon first spray. It smells like soft roses. It's extremely girly, a touch old fashioned, very romantic, and very affordable. The bottle is cute too! The lasting power isn't the best, but the scent is a total winner. I think it's the less "beat you over the head" version of Stella. In the battle of the rose scents, I prefer Parisienne over Stella. Stella is loud. Parisienne is soft. Parisienne is what a rose lover would wear either during the day or night, while Stella is very much an evening scent to me.

on 2/5/2011 1:12:00 AM

this perfume reminds me of lychee... very sweet and fruity.. it's a very strong perfume, normally last me a whole day.. even my frens like it.. i tried tis out in the airport with my family.. ended up buying 3 bottles wif my aunties.

on 2/4/2011 11:00:00 AM

After watching the fabulous, ingenious TV ad with Kate Moss in leather bustier on bed of pink roses with Depeche Mode soundtrack, I was so curious to try it and after one sniff, I had to have it. Love the scent, the ad, the color, the packaging, basically the whole persona... The dry down on me is spicy, peppery rose scent. Very sexy yet sweet at the same time. Lasting power is good, about 6 hours plus depending on weather. Price is alright if bought at duty free shops where there was even a duo pack with attractive price. I'm very picky about fragrances yet I love this, so don't let the low ratings deter you.

on 1/22/2011 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I agree with most reviewers who say that this product is very strong initially. Spray it in summer with bees around and you might die. However, it blends in quite quickly and leaves a pleasant, lingering scent for quite a while. I think it smells more like honey than roses, but they are both quite noticeable. As a free sample from Sephora, I did not pay anything for it, but I would not be spending YSL type dollars to purchase this mediocre scent.

I am suprised how many bad reviews this scent has gotten. I love it! My bf bought it for me for xmas and it smells great! My friends all compliment me when I wear it and ask for a spray themselves. Plus, my mom hates all perfume and she even likes it. I'm guessing this is just one of those scents that only reacts to peoples body chemistry in two ways: good and bad. Luckily for me, it reacted well. Lol. It smells gross when you just smell the bottle, but when you spray it, it smells really fresh and then after awhile the scent becomes sort of spicy and sweet. It goes from fresh to sexy.

on 1/19/2011 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Cough syrup, roses and ass..

If Paris smells like this, you can have the place.

on 1/14/2011 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My HG perfume. I'm on my second bottle, and I wear it every day. I get so many compliments on it and guys LOVE it.
Edit to add: I notice a lot of reviewers find it to be too sweet. I don't know if it's just my body chemistry, but it honestly turns a bit spicy when I wear it, which I love. I tend to gravitate towards spicy fragrances (YSL Elle was my former HG), but this one is just...love.

Popular Fragrances