April 18, 2014 | 2108 users online

Fragrances - Yves Saint Laurent - Parisienne

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 1:12:00 AM More reviews by kill3r1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this perfume reminds me of lychee... very sweet and fruity.. it's a very strong perfume, normally last me a whole day.. even my frens like it.. i tried tis out in the airport with my family.. ended up buying 3 bottles wif my aunties.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 11:00:00 AM More reviews by diddyscafe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

After watching the fabulous, ingenious TV ad with Kate Moss in leather bustier on bed of pink roses with Depeche Mode soundtrack, I was so curious to try it and after one sniff, I had to have it. Love the scent, the ad, the color, the packaging, basically the whole persona... The dry down on me is spicy, peppery rose scent. Very sexy yet sweet at the same time. Lasting power is good, about 6 hours plus depending on weather. Price is alright if bought at duty free shops where there was even a duo pack with attractive price. I'm very picky about fragrances yet I love this, so don't let the low ratings deter you.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by blodj89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree with most reviewers who say that this product is very strong initially. Spray it in summer with bees around and you might die. However, it blends in quite quickly and leaves a pleasant, lingering scent for quite a while. I think it smells more like honey than roses, but they are both quite noticeable. As a free sample from Sephora, I did not pay anything for it, but I would not be spending YSL type dollars to purchase this mediocre scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by LovesLookingPretty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am suprised how many bad reviews this scent has gotten. I love it! My bf bought it for me for xmas and it smells great! My friends all compliment me when I wear it and ask for a spray themselves. Plus, my mom hates all perfume and she even likes it. I'm guessing this is just one of those scents that only reacts to peoples body chemistry in two ways: good and bad. Luckily for me, it reacted well. Lol. It smells gross when you just smell the bottle, but when you spray it, it smells really fresh and then after awhile the scent becomes sort of spicy and sweet. It goes from fresh to sexy.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2011 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Arik26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Cough syrup, roses and ass..

If Paris smells like this, you can have the place.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by jaecikae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My HG perfume. I'm on my second bottle, and I wear it every day. I get so many compliments on it and guys LOVE it.
Edit to add: I notice a lot of reviewers find it to be too sweet. I don't know if it's just my body chemistry, but it honestly turns a bit spicy when I wear it, which I love. I tend to gravitate towards spicy fragrances (YSL Elle was my former HG), but this one is just...love.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 12:34:00 PM More reviews by gina2328

I sprayed the tester on myself at Sephora because I like the original Paris parfum. There was a bad reaction with this EDT and my body chemistry. The smell was something like a cross between cat urine and ammonia. Unfortunately, some of it got on my coat and I could smell it everytime I wore my coat. I was really surprised at the bad chemical reaction, this has never happened before.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Couture77

Eh. That's how this fragrance makes me feel. Just eh. It's not horrible by any means, just has a flare for that flea market, 1980's, grandmom, rose scented perfume. My boyfriend said he was repulsed by it, which I think is taking things to extreme, but in all fairness he does hate the smell of roses. It's not very strong, kind of sweet, boring and cheap smelling at best. I don't despise it but I'll never buy it again. My bf said now I know what to wear if I want to sleep alone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

I got a sample of this and I really like it! I give it 4 lippies though because it smells a lot like something I have already. It took me a while to place it, but I finally figured out it smells like Stella by Stella McCartney, which is also a rose scent. I will have to spray one on each wrist when I'm home or something and really determine how similar they really are. If they aren't dupes of each other, I might buy the full size of this. It really is a lovely fragrance!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by puffinrose

I wanted to love this, I really did. I smelled this in a magazine and I fell in love. It just smelled so romantic., perfect for date night. So, a few weeks later I rushed over to Sephora to pick up a bottle..but before I picked one up, I sprayed the tester on me. Let me just say. BAD MOVE! I never do that, because it might stink..and alas..it did. I smelled like rubbing alcohol and musk. It was bad, believe me. I left the store to meet my father for dinner and he sniffed the air and says " What is that odor? It smells awful" Haha..no worries pop, it is just me. Anyhoo, I am still unsure if the bottle from Sephora was wack somehow...I ordered a sample too because I am not willing to give up on this! And for reference, whenever someone says that perfume smells like alcohol..I go "rigggght," but I swear, it did. Will let you know how the sample goes....