July 28, 2014 | 1055 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil (All)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by LuHu82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great colours, smooth application, long lasting, easy to use. What more do you want ?

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by randers

When I started using these I thought they were the bee's knees but since have calmed down on them. They are a solid eye pencil; they go on fairly creamy and have decent staying power. Great color variety.

But there are better pencils out there. I think Stila's smudge sticks are quite a bit smoother and have better staying power. Even my Wet n Wild pencil eyeliner is equal to UD's in creaminess and longevity. Not a bad product, but not the best in it's class either.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by mlynde82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love love LOVE these pencils! They really do glide on and smudge like a dream (I'm a smudge girl!).The shades are nice and are quite pigmented, which allows you to use a little rather than a lot. The best part, however, is that they really seem to last and last until you use makeup remover... especially on the inner rim. I have never had an eyeliner stay put like these on the inner rim (or really anywhere on the eye), yet smudge so nicely when you want them to. A great buy--I got them in so many shades. Try to find the dual-ended liners to get a nice variety of colors!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2012 5:40:00 AM More reviews by Stephonnayy

In the past few years, I have probably gone through five of these pencils or so? I have always used black for my everyday looks and my looks to work-- I love the waterproof! It stays on and hardly smudges. The texture is so smooth and literally "glides" on. I wouldn't say it stays 24/7 but definitely over 8 hours without much smudge and depending on the activities. But, I'll admit it's time for me to reach for other colors

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 7:55:00 AM More reviews by Belle84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I' ve got this in bourbon (brown with gold glitter), crash (plum/purple with silver glitter) and oil slick (black with silver glitter) and I love them all! They stay put throughout the day, and they're easy to put on even for an eyeliner newbie as myself.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by SweetKaceyJane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Out of the box, this product is great. It glides on smoothly, as advertised, and looks smokey sexy. It's great for day or night and only smudges a bit over several hours. So what is the problem?? It is impossible to sharpen this pencil properly. I ended up wasting the majority of the product or stabbing myself in the eye.

Urban Decay, work out this problem and you will have a product worth buying repeatedly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by reallyrita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I do not have a practised hand at putting on eyeliner but this glide-on pencil makes it easy. I bought the color "mildew". I was a little worried about the metallic shine in this color but really, it is quite discrete on my...ahem...older eyes. I would buy this one again but it is going to last me probably forever as I will not use this shade every day. It works well with my brown eyes and fair skin with light olive/yellow undertones. I might buy another color to play around with. It stayed on all day and evening willout smudging or ending up under my eyes. I had to use Lancome bi-facil to get it all off. Expensive product but worth it for me as it went on so smoothly and easily. Mildew is a great sage/olive green.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by butterflyblade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love the range of colours and the easy application. I live in Singapore, and even with the humidity, I find that these stay on fairly well even with a night out of dancing.

But! The glitter in some of the colours just isn't the best idea, and occasionally irritates my eyes and interferes with application.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by makeupthebreakup

This is one of the best eyeliners I have ever tried. It does glide right over the eye area and last 12+ hour workdays/ or fun nights. I really love that when I put this on the lashline and leave the house in the morning I don't have to stick it in my bag because I know I won't need a touch-up. A make-up bag staple, but will not lie you can find cheaper comparable pencils.

The array of colors is wonderful, Zero(black) and Whiskey(Deep Brown) look great for the day looks,

and electric( bright teal) and ransom ( true purple) are my go to "fun" eyeliner looks. The variety of colors match all the eyeliner needs I have in my life a subtle color for the office and fun shades for my personal time, I love neon makeup but have tried to tone it down a bit.

The main downside to me is the cost, since more comparable pencils are being offered for less, and if you live in a humid area they are prone to the crumble/ smudge that can happen to these types of pencils. Just put them in the fridge before you sharpen/ apply.

Pros:
MANY color choices
long wear
smooth ( no wrinkle makers here)
cruelty free
barrels matched to shade of pencil

Cons:
price
don't last on waterline( for me anyway) more like 1/1 pencils on waterline ( do wear contacts though)

Keep your eyes open as there are usually nice sets available of these to get around the price

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Damn you MakeupAlley for not allowing half ratings! I wanted to give these liners 3.5 stars, but I had to go with 3 since 3.5 isn't an option and 4 is far too generous. Anyhow, I don't hate them, but they're far from HG for me and the perfromance isn't good eough to justify a repurchase from me. I bought these liners after hearing so much hype about them, but I suppose I should have read some reviews first. Anyhow, here's a breakdown:

PROS
-Great blendability. These are really nice when used to thinly rim the eyes, then smudged out with a brush to create a soft, smokey eye.
-As the name suggests, they DO glide on super easily. Ladies, have you ever been frustrated by having to press super hard when using pencil liner and having it pull and tug at your lids? Well, not with this product. I literally glide it over my lash line for rich color payoff.
-As I stated above, the color payoff is nice. One of the main reasons that I normally stick to liquid liner is because I feel that the pigments are usually much more intense. The shade 'Zero' in these pencils (one that I often use) is a very rich, kohl black. No pencil-y, weak finishes with these pencil liners ladies.
-Amazing shade variety. They have just about any shade you could possibly imagine or want to try. I've never seen another line of pencil liners have so many fun, unique shades.

CONS
-The caps kind of suck. I always open my makeup bag only to find that they've fallen off of the pencils, which is super messy.
-A lot of the shades have glitter, which to me is totally weird and not ideal in a pencil liner (I think that most women would agree).
-Though these initially go on beautifully, they do NOT last long or stand up to oily lids, sweat or long days. I find that in order for a pencil liner to be long wearing, it needs to have somewhat of a dry texture. These are far too creamy. They crease and smudge badly and migrate terribly (especially for people with oily lids like me). If you're going to wear one of these pencils for any extended amount of time, please use primer underneath or else your liner will be faded to an almost nonexistent state within a few hours. I don't know where Urban Decay got off on titling these '24/7' pencils.

The verdict? They're great if you don't plan on wearing them for that long, but definitely not a long-wearing, raccoon-proof liner. I will not be repurchasing.